» «
Photo

I died because of Brucie

20 replies to this topic
razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:23 AM Edited by razorsharkhead, 08 December 2013 - 05:23 AM.

There I was, aiming at a car going full speed towards me. It was an easy target.

Just as i pulled down the trigger..

"YOU'RE NOT JUICING ENOUGH BABY"

For a split moment, I was shocked at the random call. That was all my pursuer needed. He slammed into me going full speed and I died instantly. 

And then nothing happened after that because this game is boring as sh*t.

So, anyone else have a similar experience of one of those assholes calling you in a bad situation.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

Everytime I try and ride a bike.

Seriously... did Rockstar even beta test this before shipping?

• PandaLambpaws, Judicious 7 and A Maned Wolf like this

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

no, they just kinda said

"ugh, just release the damn thing".

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

been trying to turn off my phone for ages.... all I want is the mission invites and messages from other players! wtf! 

"Some ass holes are attacking our sh*t again" NO THEY ARE NOT RON, YOU JUST ARE TELLING ME I CAN PLAY SURVIVAL GAMES YOU DOUCHE BAG. 

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

I had finally found an F620, and since it was in an invite-only session, I stopped by Ammunation before insuring it. I exit my vehicle and tap X to run fast towards the entrance. Before I know it, I had been called, answered, and accepted a mission from Lester, all because I was tapping X to run. Lost my newly acquired car.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

Yeah it's f*cking annoying. I pick up crates all the time and I still get called by Ron asking if I'm getting them.

I've tried turning off phone alerts in the settings > notifications but it seems to stop mission texts coming up, I was still getting called up every 2 minutes. Just like GTA IV with f*cking friends calling up to do activities.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

f*ck yeah, I've had that happen multiple times.
Cockstar needs to add a way to disable those f*cking calls from npcs

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:01 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 08 December 2013 - 06:04 AM.

Brucie cracks me up. "JUICIN' MAN, JUICIN'!"

Reminds me of the nutcase in the movie "Dead Man On Campus".

Roid rage is funny.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:03 AM Edited by AzraelX, 08 December 2013 - 06:03 AM.

Settings > Notifications > Message Frequency > 1 hour.

Doesn't stop it, but it should help.

And yeah, also been in situations where the phone ringing almost killed me. It hasn't yet, but it obviously would if it went off at the right time.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

Just like GTA IV with f*cking friends calling up to do activities.

At least with the new guys you can just hang up on them without suffering a penalty for it. So there's that.

Still bloody annoying when the call comes at an inopportune moment - like a high-speed turn and now suddenly your handbrake doesn't work anymore...

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

Just like GTA IV with f*cking friends calling up to do activities.

At least with the new guys you can just hang up on them without suffering a penalty for it. So there's that.

Still bloody annoying when the call comes at an inopportune moment - like a high-speed turn and now suddenly your handbrake doesn't work anymore...

Yeah, good point. I forgot about that, they didn't like me as much because I rejected their call. Bullsh*t.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

We're the beta testers.

• Seanathon likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:24 AM Edited by saintsrow, 08 December 2013 - 06:27 AM.

So, anyone else have a similar experience of one of those assholes calling you in a bad situation.

It's happened to me a few times, where I am in a desperate running gun battle with some asshole and I am on foot running like hell to reach cover or a vehicle, speed-tapping the X button (PS3) furiously to run as fast as I can, then the goddamn phone rings and since I am already banging on the X button, it causes me to immediately answer the phone and drops me back into a leisurely Sunday stroll, which pretty much f*cks up my hopes for survival.  Yeah, great game design there.  :angry:

EDIT: 

I had finally found an F620, and since it was in an invite-only session, I stopped by Ammunation before insuring it. I exit my vehicle and tap X to run fast towards the entrance. Before I know it, I had been called, answered, and accepted a mission from Lester, all because I was tapping X to run. Lost my newly acquired car.

Yeah, and I forgot about this -- and I end up accepting a f*cking random mission that I wanted no part of.  :v:  Brilliant

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Supportive

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

Ahh. I feel your pain OP. it also sucks when you're riding a bicycle like that user mentioned above. Especially when you're on a racing bike trying to get away from someone.

"I THOUGHT I ASKED YOU FOR HELP.." Yeah whatever Martin ... >_>

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

Uhhh I'm quite the opposite though. I missed some phone calls after missions in SP just because when I run by tapping X, phone comes up and immediately disconnected.

Asia region using X to cancel and O to confirm.

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:06 AM Edited by Seanathon, 08 December 2013 - 09:07 AM.

Maybe if you were juicin' that car wouldn't have killed you? It was a sign man. A sign from god(or brucie the drug pusher)

• Civil_Union likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

you do know you can just aim shoot and roll while getting or making a call?

shouldn't be too much of a hassle to finish whatever you're doing and pressing B

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

LOL bro, I know your feel, these f*cking NPCs can go f*ck themselves and stop callin us!

butternutcherrios
  • butternutcherrios

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Wow I am a stupid
you do know you can just aim shoot and roll while getting or making a call? I like butternuts posts.
shouldn't be too much of a hassle to finish whatever you're doing and pressing B

Orly

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

formerly MrJohn666

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, the "reminder" calls need to stop. I want to kill Dom, Ron & Brucie with fire.

butternutcherrios
  • butternutcherrios

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, the "reminder" calls need to continue I want them to call every in game mintute. I want to make love to Dom, Ron & Brucie with my happy pants.

Orly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users