GTA V wins GOTY

139 replies to this topic
gangmug
  • gangmug

My nicknames are Rob,Jack and Nick.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

It only won it because it had Grand Theft Auto in the title. Game of the Year awards shouldn't go to games that sell the most or look the best, it should go to ones that are fun and actually work. Too many aspects of GTA V are broken and flawed, yet it still won? I guess that's how every award works nowadays, it goes to the one that's the most popular...

1) It won because it was the best game of the year, voted by the media.

2) If GOTY was based on what sold the most, then half the games that are nominated wouldn't be nominated.

3) If it was based on best looking, GTA 5 would've definitely lost.

4) Only in your fantasy world does GTA 5 not 'work' and that 95% of the game is broken.

Have a nice day. I'm sure it's always sunny for you.

Oh, and guess who won best action/adventure game? Not GTA 5.

Guess who won studio of the year? Not Rockstar North.

Guess who won best Playstaton game? Not GTA 5.

Guess who won best Xbox game? Not GTA 5.

Guess who won best voice actor? Not Ogg.

GTA 5 won 2 awards (Also won best soundtrack) compared to losing 3 directly and 2 relating to the game. They lost more than they won.

But yeah, it definitely won because it was more popular, right!?

Nope, you're just blindly hating, and it's borderline retarded.

Game. Set. Match.

• DeafMetal and TheMasterfocker like this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

It only won it because it had Grand Theft Auto in the title. Game of the Year awards shouldn't go to games that sell the most or look the best, it should go to ones that are fun and actually work. Too many aspects of GTA V are broken and flawed, yet it still won? I guess that's how every award works nowadays, it goes to the one that's the most popular...

1) It won because it was the best game of the year, voted by the media.

2) If GOTY was based on what sold the most, then half the games that are nominated wouldn't be nominated.

3) If it was based on best looking, GTA 5 would've definitely lost.

4) Only in your fantasy world does GTA 5 not 'work' and that 95% of the game is broken.

Have a nice day. I'm sure it's always sunny for you.

Oh, and guess who won best action/adventure game? Not GTA 5.

Guess who won studio of the year? Not Rockstar North.

Guess who won best Playstaton game? Not GTA 5.

Guess who won best Xbox game? Not GTA 5.

Guess who won best voice actor? Not Ogg.

GTA 5 won 2 awards (Also won best soundtrack) compared to losing 3 directly and 2 relating to the game. They lost more than they won.

But yeah, it definitely won because it was more popular, right!?

Nope, you're just blindly hating, and it's borderline retarded.

Game. Set. Match.

I can easily tell you're trying to calm them down.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by Murad96, 08 December 2013 - 12:25 PM.

Well, game of the decade is completely opinionated and subjective, just like GOTY.

Plus, it's kinda hard to tell without knowing the next 10 years.

I hope they get it right in GTA VI, with all the technology in the next years they should be able to make the perfect GTA.

Depends on your definition of perfect GTA. To me, the perfect GTA would include being able to fly from Los Santoas to Liberty City to Vice City, etc. Next-gen can't do that. PC's now probably can't do that.

Yea, PCs and next gen consoles should be able to do that. If PS2 could do it with Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas (with bad graphics), next gen should be able to do that with good graphics.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

GTA V won? Yay! Now I can finally admit that people don't care about PC versions of games anymore. :cry:

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Although I criticise GTA V in a GTA context it's still one of if not the best 2013 games IMO. Thoroughly deserved in the grand scheme of things.
  • mikeinthahouse and DeafMetal like this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

According to gamer's choice, it's TLOU. Even though it was PS3 exclusive, it gained a lot of positive feedbacks.

Rockstar brought trouble to their shoes by themselves. They were the one who flaunted a lot. They thought of going into a new light but they forgot the true reason why GTA series got popular. Speaking to themselves, they made a complete unique game and it resulted a lot of old fans to lose their interest in the series.

TLOU on the other hand, was amazing in all aspect; except the part of not having versions for all consoles and PC. Perhaps, people are only concerned about selling off unfinished work than making the game flawless.

I just wish Rockstar makes GTA V better in PC than it's console versions. THEN, it will be a revenge from the PC community. :evilgrin:

• tom_p1980 and Sting4S like this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

suprise suprise best game of the year wins GOTY awards... dunno how people are actually suprised about this

francisjairam121
  • francisjairam121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

People look at it this way. If The Last of Us was to win GOTY then people will be like "OMG GTA 5 SHOULD"VE WON!". Well now since GTA 5 won people wanted The Last of Us to win. Look people lets be real. Both The Last of Us and GTA 5 are both great games. Every game has their ups and downs so they are not perfect. Like they said "You can't please everyone" 

• Staten and DeafMetal like this

Michael Scofield
  • Michael Scofield

Fish

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by Michael Scofield, 08 December 2013 - 03:19 PM.

I went to the Prison the other day, in Blaine County - there's nothing there! Linc was nowhere, I was suppose get him out! but somebody already did... I...I....um....

tumblr_lk5v6bJEEo1qaf01uo1_500.gif

I do, however extend my congratulations to Rockstar Games with a truly, outstanding effort. 

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

I bet you if GTA V was called something different (i.e not called Grand Theft Auto), it wouldn't of won GOTY.. 

• tom_p1980 and Sting4S like this

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Not trying to start a flame-war or be an asshole, but....

GTA V seriously should of had San fierro and Las Venturas, I mean like another post stated on this thread, when you go into GTA:O most players are sitting in the city 80-90% of the time , why?

Because the city is amazing and is full of things to see and do, and to be honest it's cool that we have mountains and sh*t, but they are pointless as f*ck.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

I bet you if GTA V was called something different (i.e not called Grand Theft Auto), it wouldn't of won GOTY.. 

Yes.

It would have won GOTY AND many "Best newcomer" awards.

• nuer and DeafMetal like this

the hidden assassin
  • the hidden assassin

Hidden One

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:25 PM Edited by the hidden assassin, 08 December 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Yes.

He/she does have a point,GOTY is often awarded to games that come from big name franchises.

• tom_p1980 likes this

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

I don't even own a ps3 but i'd vote last of us as being goty over gta v any day of the week.

Hello COD fan,
Good bye COD fan.

OMG what an asshole...

the hidden assassin
  • the hidden assassin

Hidden One

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

I don't even own a ps3 but i'd vote last of us as being goty over gta v any day of the week.

Hello COD fan,
Good bye COD fan.

OMG what an asshole...

It's funny how people always assume those that don't like GTA5 are COD fans.

• Sting4S likes this

Neo Arcadia
  • Neo Arcadia

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by Neo Arcadia, 08 December 2013 - 04:47 PM.

After the GTAO fiasco I really don't think V deserved GOTY status. It's a great game no doubt, but that multiplayer dragged it through the mud.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:58 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 08 December 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Am I the one who does'nt particularly care about GOTY or other awards like it?IMO a game should stand on it's own two feet and not worry about having a couple of meaningly awards do it for them.GTA5 is a great game and it does'nt need a award to convince people that it's good,the only thing things like GOTY serve to do is fuel egos.

Well, GTA 5 still set 7 world records 2 months before the GOTY awards, so I don't know where you're trying to get at.

GOTY isn't used to sell games. It's used as an achievement.

Except the award itself means absolutely nothing,the over 800 million sales and having the most money earned in the first 24 hours should be the achievement for GTA5.I mean it's not like Rockstar or any other game devs get plaques or medals for winning these awards unlike other entertainment industries.

The award is just that: An award. If an NFL team goes undefeated and wins the Super Bowl, everyone knows how good they are and what they did. However, the Lombardi Trophy they are given seals the deal. It's an added bonus.

This pile of sh*t doesn't deserve this award. Seriously. And neither does BF4 or CoD Ghosts. 2013 is a real bad year for gaming.

BF4 and Ghosts wasn't even nominated lol. And I'd say this has been a great year for gaming. MUCH better than last year.

Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, TLoU, BF4, GTA 5, etc. All great games.

I bet you you're wrong, since if it had a different title, it still had more than any other game nominated, and it would be praised for being as good as a GTA game as a first title.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Though I personally was underwhelmed by V in the long run, it deserved GOTY. No other games this year were as good as it. Maybe if Watch Dogs would've came out my opinion would be different. I was overall disappointed this year by gaming as well. On paper it looked good, but none of the new games surprised me. Drive Club is something I think I will like more than V but that doesn't deserve the spot.
  • xXGst0395Xx, TheMasterfocker, Bonnano and 1 other like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

I really don't want to see GTA V hogging most of the GOTY awards. Sure it's great, but it's not exactly a masterpiece imo. There are other games that deserve it as well.

Well, to be honest. As flawed as GTA V is its still the best game this year.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by IDredMan, 08 December 2013 - 06:40 PM.

You just gave your opinion and invalidated it in the same sentence.

That's got to be some kind of record. Right?

And Jesus, Bert.

Give this damn forum a rest.

All you do is hang around the GTAV section, with the sole purpose of hating every single bit of it.

Your profile picture is a My Little Pony character and you type in pink text all the time.

Your signature says you're a PC gamer that pirates games. And that you own a current gen system and hate it.

You are literally the online embodiment of a jailbait.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

It didn't deserve it.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

It didn't deserve it.

Good to know your reasoning behind it. Really helps shed some light on why you have your opinion!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

I hope whoever played Ellie in TLOU won best actress. She did an incredible job and I am not mad at the guy who played Joel getting it. In fact if TLOU won I wouldn't have been mad at all. It is an incredible game but I just have more fun with open world games. They let me indulge my sick imagination.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

Jesus Christ.
A year ago- no scratch that; a couple MONTHS ago, some of y'all would've sh*t your pants in joy if you heard V was getting GOTY. Now today (yes I know it ain't perfect) people are seriously disgusted....like legitimately PISSED that it won like if Lego Star Wars won GOTY over TLOU.
No pleasing folks.

No surprise to me, this place is now a no-man's land, all the nice members since the game's announcement are now gone or more simply they are PLAYING the game. This place is now filled with trolls, haters, and immatures. 
I don't worry though. You can see this type of butthurt only in here. I've played both TLOU and GTAV and i think that GTA deserved it 100%.
And you are one of those "immatures" you speak of. I've been an active member since mid-2012 and I decided to stay on this forums and discuss my feeling post-release because- well I spent a lot of time discussing my feeling pre-release. I remember statinf what I disliked about V and you said my post was tl;dr GTA V sucks basically like some brainless buffoon. You're defintely one of those people you speak of, a troll and an "immatures" haha. You cannot fathom any opinion about V that isn't neutral or postitive, hell do you even accept neutral opinions?

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

There were not that much great games out this year, so seeing GTA V get one if many game of the year awards don't surprise me, it's still GTA after all. But when it comes down to my personal view, I just don't give a flyin' f**k whether V wins it or not. What matters to me is whether V met my expectations, and I definitely feel that it did not. I see it as a great success, but a bit of disappointment at the same time.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

The only other two games to come out this year that I played were TLOU which I loved and SR IV which let me down ten times than many people are let down by V. You play a video game based on a guy playing a simulation in an always dark version of the town in SR 3 and there is no water. WTF. The super powers got old real quick as well. Vehicles had no use whatsoever and I loved SR 2 and 3. I have never played Bioshock so I can't judge it.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

I hope whoever played Ellie in TLOU won best actress. She did an incredible job and I am not mad at the guy who played Joel getting it. In fact if TLOU won I wouldn't have been mad at all. It is an incredible game but I just have more fun with open world games. They let me indulge my sick imagination.

She did.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

She did.

Good. That was an Oscar worthy performance. I was sort of hoping Steven Ogg got best actor for Trevor but I am certainly not mad about the other guy.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

She did.

Good. That was an Oscar worthy performance. I was sort of hoping Steven Ogg got best actor for Trevor but I am certainly not mad about the other guy.

It was a great peformance.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 08 December 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Yes.

He/she does have a point,GOTY is often awarded to games that come from big name franchises.

It's usually awarded to AAA games, which are usually the ones that dump the most money into their games and the results are usually the funnest games of the year. So, yeah, but that's like saying 2+2 = 4. TLoU is alsoa big-name AAA title, as is Bioshock Infinite, as is Tomb Raider. GTA V just happens to be the most popular, which, as far as I understand, makes sense because the VGAs are based on votes.

Damn it I'm out of upvotes, but this deserves one. I completely agree. I was having a convo with some dude from another forum I frequent and he just could not fathom why I thought GTA V was better; I was like "it's an opinion, dude, calm your tits, I love TLoU", which he didn't f*ckin' understand. Too many people, even f*ckin' grown-ups for crying out loud, get too defensive about VIDEO GAMES. It's either TLoU sucked ass and GTA V was the most amazing thing ever (or vice versa), there is no middle ground.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users