» «
Photo

GTA V wins GOTY

139 replies to this topic
WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by WhitValid, 08 December 2013 - 03:13 AM.

I have played many games, some linear and some open world. I wonder how many points does open world count for? How many subpar elements can be written off with 'but it was open world game!'?

I hope this really is just a difference in taste, but this was such a step back in story telling innovation that I don't think I ever want to play (or at least throw my own money at) a GTA again. I can play tick tack toe and I can do arithmetic and I can write nice poems and I can push buttons real good but if there is not a decent motivation keep me on my couch- you're not going to. Rockstar more than won me over with RDR, IV and MP3. As of now- I'll be that person who's looking at the realistic reviews to see if the next game is actually two sh*ts artistic. Yes now I've brought art into the picture.

The fact that I'm uninterested in V, and therefore all future installments of GTA, is probably a good thing.It is somewhat heartbreaking though- it's like when your favorite band starts producing pop hits and making loads of cash and you're the only one left worshipping their crappy records (CDs).

I've done all I can to avoid the "IV FANBOY" alerts. I just think there is a lot to be lost if we are all willing to throw story down the drain as a fundamental component to GOTY.

• Ixnay likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

I've done all I can to avoid the "IV FANBOY" alerts. I just think there is a lot to be lost if we are all willing to throw story down the drain as a fundamental component to GOTY.

It's not throwing story down the drain as a fundamental component. It's just not making story the ONLY fundamental component.

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

I don't even own a ps3 but i'd vote last of us as being goty over gta v any day of the week.

Hello COD fan,
Good bye COD fan.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:08 AM

It only won it because it had Grand Theft Auto in the title. Game of the Year awards shouldn't go to games that sell the most or look the best, it should go to ones that are fun and actually work. Too many aspects of GTA V are broken and flawed, yet it still won? I guess that's how every award works nowadays, it goes to the one that's the most popular...

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

Call me a fanboy, but I'd say V very much deserved the award. Congratulations Rockstar!

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

You know what, f*ck it. I wish death apon Rockstar's future development of the next GTA title. Like it ends right here. No more ever. Just because they umm "dropped the ball" on the most anticipated game in history. Y'all happy now?

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:29 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 08 December 2013 - 04:43 AM.

It only won it because it had Grand Theft Auto in the title. Game of the Year awards shouldn't go to games that sell the most or look the best, it should go to ones that are fun and actually work. Too many aspects of GTA V are broken and flawed, yet it still won? I guess that's how every award works nowadays, it goes to the one that's the most popular...

1) It won because it was the best game of the year, voted by the media.

2) If GOTY was based on what sold the most, then half the games that are nominated wouldn't be nominated.

3) If it was based on best looking, GTA 5 would've definitely lost.

4) Only in your fantasy world does GTA 5 not 'work' and that 95% of the game is broken.

Have a nice day. I'm sure it's always sunny for you.

Oh, and guess who won best action/adventure game? Not GTA 5.

Guess who won studio of the year? Not Rockstar North.

Guess who won best Playstaton game? Not GTA 5.

Guess who won best Xbox game? Not GTA 5.

Guess who won best voice actor? Not Ogg.

GTA 5 won 2 awards (Also won best soundtrack) compared to losing 3 directly and 2 relating to the game. They lost more than they won.

But yeah, it definitely won because it was more popular, right!?

Nope, you're just blindly hating, and it's borderline retarded.

• Spider-Vice, gangmug, Lil ski and 2 others like this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

Jesus Christ.

A year ago- no scratch that; a couple MONTHS ago, some of y'all would've sh*t your pants in joy if you heard V was getting GOTY. Now today (yes I know it ain't perfect) people are seriously disgusted....like legitimately PISSED that it won like if Lego Star Wars won GOTY over TLOU.
No pleasing folks.

No surprise to me, this place is now a no-man's land, all the nice members since the game's announcement are now gone or more simply they are PLAYING the game. This place is now filled with trolls, haters, and immatures. 

I don't worry though. You can see this type of butthurt only in here. I've played both TLOU and GTAV and i think that GTA deserved it 100%. 

• KING2dor and Lil ski like this

Luna Lovegood
  • Luna Lovegood

You're just sane as i am

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by PreciousWall, 08 December 2013 - 04:54 AM.

GTA V may had many flaws, but its still better than any most games out there...

my opinion of course..

• KING2dor, Lil ski, Dbns_Finest and 1 other like this

the hidden assassin
  • the hidden assassin

Hidden One

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:02 AM

Am I the one who does'nt particularly care about GOTY or other awards like it?IMO a game should stand on it's own two feet and not worry about having a couple of meaningly awards do it for them.GTA5 is a great game and it does'nt need a award to convince people that it's good,the only thing things like GOTY serve to do is fuel egos.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

Am I the one who does'nt particularly care about GOTY or other awards like it?IMO a game should stand on it's own two feet and not worry about having a couple of meaningly awards do it for them.GTA5 is a great game and it does'nt need a award to convince people that it's good,the only thing things like GOTY serve to do is fuel egos.

Well, GTA 5 still set 7 world records 2 months before the GOTY awards, so I don't know where you're trying to get at.

GOTY isn't used to sell games. It's used as an achievement.

• Lil ski likes this

the hidden assassin
  • the hidden assassin

Hidden One

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:15 AM Edited by the hidden assassin, 08 December 2013 - 05:16 AM.

Well, GTA 5 still set 7 world records 2 months before the GOTY awards, so I don't know where you're trying to get at.

GOTY isn't used to sell games. It's used as an achievement.

Except the award itself means absolutely nothing,the over 800 million sales and having the most money earned in the first 24 hours should be the achievement for GTA5.I mean it's not like Rockstar or any other game devs get plaques or medals for winning these awards unlike other entertainment industries.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:32 AM Edited by F4L?, 08 December 2013 - 05:33 AM.

I like GTAV, but I feel it's overrated like GTAIV, that said, V is better than pretty much all the other games out there for total content, sure I might not have enjoyed it so much, but it's still pretty great.

Maybe i'm just getting old.

cmichaelson
  • cmichaelson

Respect

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

Bert is an egotistical troll with pink text.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

The Last Of Us will wins most GOTY than GTA V

average linear shooter with above average story.    give it a rest.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

call of duty sucks on a monkeys nut sack I can't stand that series and IMO GTAIV is still the better game arguing it doesn't mean sh*t.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

Oh boy, Congrats Rockstar!
Thnk u for this beauty and Best ever.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:52 AM

And you're a conformist who hangs onto Rockstar like they're the best company in the world. No need to get your jimmies rustled.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

This pile of sh*t doesn't deserve this award. Seriously. And neither does BF4 or CoD Ghosts. 2013 is a real bad year for gaming.
  • OGLuke likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

A game like V is bound to have haters, people will always hating on something popular, thats just how internet works.

Congrats R*, your game definitely deserves the GOTY.

Come on, now call me a fanboy....

PeriodZeroHero
  • PeriodZeroHero

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

That grammar got me, Bro.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

Unfortunately not. GTA V will win most, if not all, GOTY awards simply because it's a Grand Theft Auto title. Any reasonable person would see that GTA V is an incomplete game.

Butthurt fanboys in 3... 2... 1...

Compared to the other sh*t that came out this year, GTA V is prety complete and has a lot offer. Only idiots suggest that GTA V doesn't deserve game of the year. Sure, I don't think it's perfect and definitely could use some touch ups, but damn, I love GTA V. TLOU is nothing compared to GTA V. Only Bioshock had a good chance against GTA V. 

• Luna Lovegood and Lil ski like this

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

GTA V may had many flaws, but its still better than any most games out there...

my opinion of course..

Exactly. We GTA fanboys know that GTA V missed a lot of opportunities, but compared to everything else, GTA is still the best.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

hahah i love seeing these pc gamers and whiny kids crying because V is winning all the GOTY awards... 

Anyway well deserved, great game that kept me busy for a LOT of hours (something a game hasn't done for years), it's obvious GTA V will win most of the awards, and no not because it's just another gta game (by that logic, why don't you trade the name of FIFA to GTA 14, I guess than FIFA would be winning a bunch of rewards too :facedesk:  ) or because it's an incomplete game (which it's not, this is just the talk of ignorant PC gamers), but yes because it's one of the greatest game released this year and probably the best current-gen game you'll find

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

And you're a conformist who hangs onto Rockstar like they're the best company in the world. No need to get your jimmies rustled.

Everybody who has different tastes than you is not a conformist. No offense but this sounds like something a teenage goth kid would say about anybody that didn't like Marilyn Manson or The Cure.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Unfortunately not. GTA V will win most, if not all, GOTY awards simply because it's a Grand Theft Auto title. Any reasonable person would see that GTA V is an incomplete game.

Butthurt fanboys in 3... 2... 1...

TLOU - 10-20 hours to do everything

Batman Arkham Origins: 10-20 hours to do everything

Remember Me - 10-20 hours to do everything 

Tomb Raider: 10-20 hours to do everything

GTA V - 50-100 hours to do everything

yet V is the uncomplete game

Genius_meme_There_I_Fixed_It-s1280x985-3

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:39 AM Edited by Lil Jacob 27, 08 December 2013 - 10:49 AM.

Lol I can't understand how people say the physics are broken.
Just cause 2 has broken physics.
Some were expecting gta v to be the best game ever made but were disappointed when they found out it was only "excellent"

I enjoy this game, so come on people and hate on me because I do.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

I really don't want to see GTA V hogging most of the GOTY awards. Sure it's great, but it's not exactly a masterpiece imo. There are other games that deserve it as well.

Its a hell of a lot better than you and others like you make it out to be. I'm not going to jump on Rockstars Wang, but out of all the other games released this year, GTA V is the best.
  • Lock N' Stock likes this

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Well deserved I'd say. Its always the biggest fanboys who hold their favourite franchise to the most unrealistic standards then judge it in the least objective way when it arrives.I call them the Zeetypes (see what I did :lol: )

I've only been playing since Vice City myself and there are other gaming franchises in my life, so I just see GTAV and Online is an epic f*cking game that's consuming a lot of my spare time simple as that. 

People have different parameters for judging games now as well though - as if they were judging a movie, a book or a piece of art - by these standards there are other games around that could be seen as superior, however I think that's always been the case. A game about cars and guns is never going to be taken seriously as art so people using those parameters need to stop deluding themselves. Judged solely as an actual video game GTA is king everytime.
  • Osho and Lil ski like this

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

awards war lol fanboys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users