Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA's Future Poll- One protagonist- Two- Or three again.

21 replies to this topic

Poll: How many protags? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

How many protags?

1. Classic (29 votes [54.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.72%

2. Two (11 votes [20.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.75%

3. Three (9 votes [16.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.98%

4. I want unlimited protags cos (4 votes [7.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
HotelHoney
  • HotelHoney

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

I hated the idea before the game came out, i mean mega hated it. (who sais mega these days?) anyway i quite liked it in the game... but i hope they do only two next game and weave the stories together better and give more choice.

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

I like the idea of 3.. But I'm sure what ever they do, they'll make it work well. It certainly helps break up the game a bit when you can switch players!

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

Three characters, but this time, in 3 different cities OR they all work against each other.

• Lukezordz likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

5 i don't it seems like a good number to me

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

I think two would be good for the next game. I liked what they did with V but at times the story did seem to go in all kinds of direction. 

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

Three characters, but this time, in 3 different cities OR they all work against each other.

^ This

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

I really like the idea of at least one protagonist who has a fairly developed, half likeable, somewhat admirable character that allows us to justify spending 30 hours in front of the game.

I'm a spoiled brat though!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

Maybe the next game will feature 6 protagonists. Maybe they'll take 6 different stories and merge them to create one half-ass story. That way they can sell guns and vehicles as DLC.

• WhitValid likes this

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Big Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

2 protagonists. Vice City.

Perfect.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

I thought it was fantastic, it really adds a whole dimension to the experience and every past GTA feels very limited when I go back to it, only having one character. 

I would like to see them use three, or even more. And I think I'd also quite like it if some of the characters could end up working against eachother. 

gtaismyman
  • gtaismyman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

More character = Less character development

One character = More character developement hence Niko has better character developement than Micheal,Trevor & Franklin

• WhitValid and 2281 like this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

I thought it was fantastic, it really adds a whole dimension to the experience and every past GTA feels very limited when I go back to it, only having one character. 

I would like to see them use three, or even more. And I think I'd also quite like it if some of the characters could end up working against eachother. 

I remember during Blitz Play I was shooting as one character on the ground and the game prompted me to switch to the character on the roof. I switched, and continued shooting as the character on the roof. What difference did that make? Absolutely none. What a useless feature.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:10 AM Edited by Niko Vercetti 112, 08 December 2013 - 02:14 AM.

To everyone that complains about there being very little character development soley because of three protagonists doesn't know what they're talking about. Yes V didn't have great character development, but it's due to a coupling of both multiple protagonists AND story length. If V had of been as long, or just a bit longer, than IV then we could have seen much better character development.

That said however, multiple protagonists does take away from the game's freedom. For example look at IV, you could practically make Niko act, dress, drive, etc whatever he wants. Yet with V the game almost tell you what the protagonist wears, what cars they drive and what music they like. If they return to one protagonist I would love it, however I can in fact get used to multiple protagonists as long as the story is longer.

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

I find that I have more of an emotional attachment to my online character than any of the protags...

I would like for the next GTA game to have a more involved character creation/customization system so that I can roleplay my own character. There is no reason the game couldnt do this and still tell a good story.

Elder Scrolls games must be a close second in popularity and they manage it.

• 2281 likes this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

I don't see people complaining about the character development in TV shows or films. Some of them have main casts exceeding ten and the well written ones do a good job of developing characters even though there are many of them. Only a fool would think that you can only develop one character a time. I think returning to a single protagonist would really be a step backwards and doing it for the sake of character development is misguided.  

Gaming is gradually moving into a place where it can tell a story as good or even better than TV or film, and I think the multiple protagonists in this game was quite a progression for the medium in that respect.

I remember during Blitz Play I was shooting as one character on the ground and the game prompted me to switch to the character on the roof. I switched, and continued shooting as the character on the roof. What difference did that make? Absolutely none. What a useless feature.

Well I think a much better example is By The Book. Extract the info with one guy and act on it with the other, it was great, such a mission simply could not exist without the multiple protagonists structure. It makes the whole thing feel a lot more fluid, dynamic and in a way, cinematic. It just flows better and creates some more interesting experiences imo. 

BrainFreeze
  • BrainFreeze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

I think Trevor should have stayed in sandy shores with his missions taking place in senora desert and Blaine county, and Franklin should've stayed in the hood doing gangster missions. I didn't feel much difference between the characters because they always seemed to be in the same area.
  • WhitValid likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

The idea is good, but it was poorly done in V. I bet that VI will have at least this fixed.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

Battlefront III

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing two protagonists, but with a twist:

The two protagonists live in two different eras, like one could be in the 1980s and one in present day.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

They could come up with a better story if it was just one, but I think they should give 3 another shot before people claim they can't do 3 well.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

Two is perfect.
Unlimited? Are u drunk or what? Stupid.
You should have left it to us for a choice.

Having more than one is not that cool as a classic one man show but for a change two is good to have.

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

I love V's 3 protag option, even though I never use Franklin anymore.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for this option ever again, R* always seem to disappoint me when it comes to what I want in a GTA, but they more than make up for it in other areas of the game.

I remember during that agonizing eight month wait, how they commented on how painstaking it was to have 3 protagonists so I highly doubt it will ever be done again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users