Photo

100% Completion Too Easy

9 replies to this topic
ZakkWylde
  • ZakkWylde

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

First of all, please don't take this message as bitching. I love GTA5 and think it was a huge improvement over GTA4 but there's a couple things about it that I don't like.

One thing is that getting 100% completion is far too easy now. It used to be that in a Rockstar game, 100% completion could only be achieved by finding (and completing) every single last side mission. I don't know about you guys, but it really gave me a sense of accomplishment when I got 100% in San Andreas.

In GTA5, I have 20/20 'Strangers And Freaks' category missions complete but there are a bunch that I haven't even unlocked yet. 

I have 16/16 'Misc' category missions done but there is still a ton of those that I haven't done (for example Collecting Submarine Parts, Collecting Nuclear Waste, Knife Flights, among many others).

I have 14/14 of the Random Events done, but of course that is less than half of the ones available.

The other thing that makes this too easy is that there is no sense of discovery in finding these missions.  They just show up on your radar once you've completed a certain mission that unlocked it.  Even all the Rampages are shown on the ingame map.

In the GTA3 era, getting 100% completion put hair on your chest. In GTA3 nobody told you where stuff like the rampages were. You just had to discover them on your own. Of course if you waited until the end of the game when every gang was pissed off at you it became even more difficult.

Anyway, as I said, I do love GTA 5, but it just seems that a lot of things are dumbed down.  100% completion should NOT be given when you only complete 75% of the available side missions.

EntretainMeOrDie
  • EntretainMeOrDie

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

And you thought this was tread worthy?

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

And you thought this was tread worthy?

I'm sure OP is sitting down and not walking.

• ThatGuyWhoMakesThoseThings likes this

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'm not there because I haven't put effort into getting the submarine parts and nuclear waste. Maybe I'll do it later.
But I do agree that you should have to seek out every last random encounter, do something like kill every animal, reveal the entire map, buy all of the clothes, see every transition scene(?), drive every vehicle and kill someone with every gun before you get 100% completion, or otherwise it isn't truly 100% completion.

HotelHoney
  • HotelHoney

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

too easy too hard oh geeee whiz mr man. why dont we all just die already.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

I know what you mean OP, but there is nothing stopping you from doing everything left over after 100%.

For example I'm still trying to complete all stunt jumps, even though I only need to do 25.

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

Hello everyone! Name name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

The gaming experience is different for each individual person. For some it may be too easy, for others it may be hard/challenging.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

Assuming everyone here already knows the endings since we are discussing 100% completion so I am not gonna bother with spoiler tags.

In the end you could choose to kill Michael or Trevor. If you do kill one of them, it would make 100% completion impossible as you can't access their side activities. To get around this they cut the activities you have to finish to 1/2.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

2ND TO NONE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

Agreed it was almost as easy as God of War II on titan mode using only my mitts.

livejoker
  • livejoker

What am I still doing here?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

There's an achievement for completing all stunt jumps and the flight stuff. While the actual 100% achievie is easier to get than previous GTA's (only had 100% for GTA 4), I felt very proud of myself as I was the first 100%-er in my friend list. It's still hard to get but didn't have any trouble for anything. I had trouble with the races as the last one wouldn't spawn.

Not all is lost, OP. Game is still challenging. Unless you're here to brag then of course nothing is hard if you're a lying bitch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users