Quantcast

» «
Photo

If there's something all the bitching has taught me...

62 replies to this topic
DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:12 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 07 December 2013 - 05:15 AM.

Is to realize how flawed San Andreas was. It was and still is an amazing game (and my 2nd best core GTA), but half of the sh*t the fanboys here mention is pretty half-assed in retrospective. Trains, the draw distance, the sneaking, the forming gangs*, annoying girlfriends (f*ck you, Denise, you're worse than Roman), the very Gang Wars**, etc.

* they felt more like f*cking ride-alongs. Seriously, they took like 2 minutes just to kill a single cop. I'm very glad to hear they turned their lives around and became Stormtroopers for the empire, though.

** which were as annoying as they were fun - anyone not get all of the territories because of the stupid faint colors or because the last territory was so small that rival gangmembers wouldn't spawn unless a bigger neighboring territory was under their control? I can't count how many times I had to purposely LOSE my own territory just so I could exploit a gang war in that small-ass territory and finally take it over.

I mean, yeah, GTA V is not perfect, it's probably as flawed as San Andreas, but f*ck, SA isn't the second coming of Jesus, stop treating it like it is.

• Fuzzknuckles, Miamivicecity, PreciousWall and 17 others like this

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:15 AM Edited by Ermac., 07 December 2013 - 05:16 AM.

SA isn't the second coming of Jesus, stop treating it like it is.

That's pretty much all you need to say.

• lol232 likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

Repeating the dancing minigame over and over and over.

The things I had to do to get special outfits. Tough times.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

Oh God I forgot about those lol those were AWFUL.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

• ExitiumMachina, DeafMetal and Ermacs like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

You've just noticed this now? SA has never been as great as it's been made out to be IMO.

Lots of crappy and shallow features that get treated like they're marvels.
  • lol232, I<3GTAV and Sting4S like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:41 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 07 December 2013 - 05:43 AM.

You've just noticed this now? SA has never been as great as it's been made out to be IMO.

Lots of crappy and shallow features that get treated like they're marvels.

I've just never really pondered on them until the forum was overrun with people bitching about its innovative features. Literally, if no one had bitched so much about them, I probably would still remember them as amazing. But looking back now and replaying some of them, they were pretty sh*tty, and often unnecessary. Dancing in SA = Yoga in V as far as I'm concerned. I still think SA was a funner game than core IV (come at me bro), but it's very flawed, people just like to remember it like they experienced it when they were teens/kids.

You ever got so sick of an alarm clock sound that it gave you stomach twists every time you heard it? Like, you unconsciously trained yourself to feel bad every time you heard it? Yeah, that just happened here with this song.

• GamerShotgun likes this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:46 AM Edited by Osho, 07 December 2013 - 06:34 AM.

This logic goes for any GTA. We should understand every GTA was an improvement over past. V is an example. IV is an example and so is GTA SA, GTA VC, etc.

Some start bitching old GTA as soon they get a new GTA. 

Some start loving new GTA as soon they get to see new improvements.

This cycle of fan following will never stop and so should not be taken too seriously. 

Suggestions are welcome and should be most important priority for any fan than who hates/likes it.

EpkRwYM.jpg

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

You can't compare San andreas's activities to v's activities in terms of fluidity.
It's like comparing V's to VII'S in 10 years.
And secend of all,the verity of the available activities in San andreas is much larger,therfore you can't compare the dancing in San andreas to the yoga in v.
so it's obvious V will have better controls and overall activity quality.
What people "bitch" abkut is the lack of them

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

I still think SA was a funner game than core IV (come at me bro),

*Instant ban*

:pp

• lol232 likes this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

Maybe in VI they'll bring back dancing and include a dance pad!

tapz63
  • tapz63

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

Or maybe in 6 they'll bring back monster trucks, stock cars, apaches, harrier jets, jet packs and sh*t.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Yoga > dancing for two reasons. Its shorter and it had a minor but real role in Michaels plot arc.

Divbo
  • Divbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

All the bitching hasn't taught me anything, more confirmed something for me.  You should never buy into all the hype that surrounds a game.  All you end up doing is setting yourself crazy expectations that will never be met.  You read every scrap of news, talk to others doing the same things on forums and before you know it the expection is very unrealistic and ultimatley you end up being disapointed. 

That is what I think has happened with GTA V.  People were expecting SA 2, when in reality Rockstar haded us a few nods to SA and made a completley new game.  Then because of all the hype, the expectation people put on the game, and listening to others that are doing the exact same thing, people feel let down and angry.  They come on the forums and bitch and moan about how their expectations haven't been met.

• StarFyer, Jacob-B and QuietJosh like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

All the bitching hasn't taught me anything, more confirmed something for me.  You should never buy into all the hype that surrounds a game.  All you end up doing is setting yourself crazy expectations that will never be met.  You read every scrap of news, talk to others doing the same things on forums and before you know it the expection is very unrealistic and ultimatley you end up being disapointed. 

That is what I think has happened with GTA V.  People were expecting SA 2, when in reality Rockstar haded us a few nods to SA and made a completley new game.  Then because of all the hype, the expectation people put on the game, and listening to others that are doing the exact same thing, people feel let down and angry.  They come on the forums and bitch and moan about how their expectations haven't been met.

The thing is people like me weren't expecting a SA 2.0 and I'm glad it's not because SA quite frankly sucks. However it still leaves a lot to be desired for in ways.
  • GTA564 likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:17 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 07 December 2013 - 02:18 PM.

What you don't seem to understand is that for the time that sh*t was amazing. Shouldn't GTA  be a lot more amazing by now? 2013 GTA should have more, not less, right?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

What you don't seem to understand is that for the time that sh*t was amazing. Shouldn't GTA be a lot more amazing by now?

Honestly the only thing that I'd consider amazing about SA for its time was the map which back then was quite an achievement.

As for the side missions and such most of it was rehashes of what was in GTA III and VC. The new ones like valet, quarry, trucking etc IMO were nothing special and I found to be pointless grinds if anything.

To me VC was a more amazing game for its time. SA didn't impress me much outside of its map.
  • G.S.T and G_Masta_Phunk like this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

What you don't seem to understand is that for the time that sh*t was amazing. Shouldn't GTA  be a lot more amazing by now? 2013 GTA should have more, not less, right?

This. I still feel that it was Rock stars most ambitious project yet, only matched by III.

VC and IV were the least impressive. V is good, but still a disappointment when you think about how much time has passed since SA.

Anyways, carry on hipsters.
  • KING2dor and AtomicPunk like this

KaKaja
  • KaKaja

GTA 5 GLITCHES <3 WITH PRIDE

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

sa rocks. stop acting so ign and so critical

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

What you don't seem to understand is that for the time that sh*t was amazing. Shouldn't GTA be a lot more amazing by now?

Honestly the only thing that I'd consider amazing about SA for its time was the map which back then was quite an achievement.

As for the side missions and such most of it was rehashes of what was in GTA III and VC. The new ones like valet, quarry, trucking etc IMO were nothing special and I found to be pointless grinds if anything.

To me VC was a more amazing game for its time. SA didn't impress me much outside of its map.

I liked those trucker missions. I was disappointed that they didn't come back in V, grinding gears, or not;). I thought San An had variety; It added to where VC left off. It was more than Vice City---SA advanced VC in every way like it should've, IMO. Did IV advance SA the same way? I don't think so, even though IV made advances in storytelling and physics. Did V advance IV? That will be the arguement of the ages. I just don't think it does. Not even close. I love GTA1. I love GTA III. I love VC. I love SA. I just like IV. I expected better from GTA V.

• KING2dor and G.S.T like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:40 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 07 December 2013 - 03:41 PM.

What was impressive was the amount of activities. What I am referring to in OP is how sh*tty half of them were, even for their time. Gang Wars were poorly implemented, dancing was useless, recruiting gang members was more of a power thing (they were useless). You can argue that for its time the amount of sh*t it had was amazing (and I agree), but you can't argue that it was well-implemented, because that's a crock of sh*t.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by JustOneMonth, 07 December 2013 - 03:54 PM.

True, but you gotta remember that nostalgia is powerfull.

''omg we can't ride trains and derail'' It was really boring imo.

Vigilante not staying sucks way more.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Maybe you're not doing it right?

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Maybe you're not doing it right?

heh

No.

Ever heard of overrated and of opinion? That is mine, even derailing it was boring.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

heh

No.

Ever heard of overrated and of opinion? That is mine, even derailing it was boring.

But perhaps if when you tried, you had managed to squish a bunch of peds and send some vehicles flying, would it not have made for the slightest bit of entertainment?

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

heh

No.

But perhaps if when you tried, you had managed to squish a bunch of peds and send some vehicles flying, would it not have made for the slightest bit of entertainment?

Not much man, i liked using cars more. But in V, with multiplayer, im all in for it.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

It really is an amazing game and the best of the PS2 era but I don't like it when people repeat themselves and that is what many seem to want with SA. In recent weeks though fans of IV are just as bad as SA fans if you ask me. To this day I think SA had the best soundtrack. I like IV and V despite many that feel different but SA had the music of my youth which is the 90s. Radio X was like reliving my college years. At the same IV and V were both great satires of their era. There has never been a bad GTA except for some of the hand held ones if you ask me.

• DeafMetal likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Not much man, i liked using cars more. But in V, with multiplayer, im all in for it.

Point is that all these useless and boring features are what make up a 'sandbox' style of gameplay freedom. The limit is number of features * sqr(imagination) :p

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

If there's something all the bitching has taught me... is to bitch more.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Point is that all these useless and boring features are what make up a 'sandbox' style of gameplay freedom. The limit is number of features * sqr(imagination) :p

True, but they are overrated most of the times.

If there's something all the bitching has taught me... is to bitch more.

Yeah, some bitch about bitching.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users