Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which Protagonist Do You Most Identify With?

24 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you most identify with?

1. Micheal (26 votes [36.62%])

Percentage of vote: 36.62%

2. Trevor (14 votes [19.72%])

Percentage of vote: 19.72%

3. Franklin (9 votes [12.68%])

Percentage of vote: 12.68%

4. Hybrid (10 votes [14.08%])

Percentage of vote: 14.08%

5. None (12 votes [16.90%])

Percentage of vote: 16.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote
L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:57 AM

This is an interesting question. Which of GTA 5's three protagonists do you consider yourself most alike. Whom do you identify with most? Not necessarily your favorite protagonist but the one you feel is closest to you.

In my case, even though I'm #TeamTrevor with pride and that my friends consider me to be like him, I actually identify myself more with Micheal. We are both sarcastic, angry and empty introverts who would rather live in fantasy than reality. Placing myself on the middle ground between Frank and Trev in terms of insanity.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:03 AM Edited by BBQ RIBS, 07 December 2013 - 03:03 AM.

I don't identify myself as any of them, but I feel for Michael more.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:05 AM

I'm a mix of the three:

-I have my feet on earth pretty much like Franklin. Every time my friends have a crazy idea, I tend to disagree with them.

-I can go from chill to being angry as f*ck like Michael. I like being sarcastic all the time aswell.

-I'm a hipster like Trevor. We also have the same kind of humor and do the same kind of stupid jokes.

-I walk a lot like Trevor (not because of GTA, I walked like that my whole life). It's not like he has a rare walk, though.

• stjimmy3 likes this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

Franklin. I'm not black, but he's closer to my age and he has pretty much the same clothing selection as mine.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

Hybrid. Primarily a mix of Michael and Trevor (careless, acts on impulse rather than thought, temper, can co-operate but likes to be in control, looks for quick fixes), and then there's Carl Jo.... Franklin - mid 20s, youth and ambition. 

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

Forgot to mention I'm extremely loyal, almost as much as Trevor.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:33 AM Edited by Nameless Foot Soldier, 07 December 2013 - 05:45 AM.

Niko, without the war PTSD. I'm cynical, find problems in everyone I meet and judge them. I'm also sarcastic, act as an asshole to random people (and by that, I'm always making fun of people to their face but in a way where they don't catch on, like patronizing), pessimistic, and most importantly, I'm a contradicting hypocrite who talks a whole lot of bullsh*t that seem philosophical and deep but never really mean anything but my own petty feelings and I also have flaws in personal character and social values. I think I'm a somebody whilst also accepting that I'm a nobody.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

toyota_hybrid_cars.jpg

Hybrid.

Seriously, though, Michael. He seemed the most realistic and believable of the three. I could identify with him on why he made the deal with the FIB.

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

Jimmy

• nikitarus likes this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

My online character. T shirt with cargo shorts, flip flops and a subaru wrx and skyline 25GTT

TRANEMing
  • TRANEMing

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

I feel I'm a bit like Franklin, youth, passion and always aiming at a better life, away from where I belong now.

But actually, I feel more like Jimmy, Micheal's son. Maybe I've got a angry father, or idling, I don't know....

• DeafMetal likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Michael, but I don't connect with him like I was hoping I would. Franklin is a bit too bland for my liking and Trevor is repulsive for any connection to exist.

• nobum62 likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

None. They're not your typical american criminals. Oh wait!! They're Canadian. No wonder. Well except for Frank, but he seems very faint to me. R* did do research on america before making V, didn't they?

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm a Franklin. If I ever got rich, I would be as boring as him: cleaning my car, eating chips, sleeping, ironing my shirts, listening to music, and occasionally hanging out with my friends or walking the dog.
  • L0st-D4md and nobum62 like this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Just missing the monocle.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 07 December 2013 - 04:23 PM.

None. They're not your typical american criminals. Oh wait!! They're Canadian. No wonder. Well except for Frank, but he seems very faint to me. R* did do research on america before making V, didn't they?

They? The only Canadian protagonist is Trevor. Michael was (likely) born in Carcer City.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP, 08 December 2013 - 07:06 PM.

Trevor.
-Very lonely with a messed up love life.
-My best friends keep betraying me
-Some (major) temper issues where if you piss me off, I would go on an uncontrollable rage where I don't know what just happened afterwards.
-Use my threat level and charm to manipulate more submissive people into being my friends.
-Loyal to anybody who actually considers me as a friend.

Michael
-Escaping reality through media to him its movies to me its movies, Internet and gaming.
-Stuck in the past
-Sometimes selfish
-Sarcastic
-Again, temper issues.

Franklin
-I have so many stupid friends with stupid ideas.
-Would go out of my way not to piss people off.
-Materialistic.
-Ambitious.

So yeah, that's the traits I share with the protagonists. Ordered from most reliable to least relatable. And who says none of the characters are identifiable?

QuietJosh
  • QuietJosh

Cynical and Grumpy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

Michael. Sarcastic, more than annoyed with a lot of things, and tending to indulge in escapist habits.

Trevor is just too odd-ball for me, and Franklin is... bland as plain mashed potatoes with nothing added.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

A mixture of Trevor and Franklin.
Trevor because I really have no empathy with people, and I'm typically a loner by choice. I'm not trying to sound like some Internet bad ass, but sh*t that usually affects people like gore, pedophilia (No, I've never watched that sh*t), animal abuse, etc. just doesn't mean anything to me. While I don't do drugs now, I was once addicted to like three drugs at once. Well, not addicted, but I used them a tadddd too much too frequently for a few months. I was just a mean asshole doing what I wanted so I could get what wanted. I just see myself whenever I'm playing Trevor. That "no sense of morality, yet always has his few friends' backs" type of personality.
Franklin because I'm always the damn "rookie" when it comes to jobs and because of my age.

TOWILS
  • TOWILS

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Yesterday I'd have said Michael, because I have a family. However, this morning, I woke up nude spooning a dead deer. So..yeah.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 08 December 2013 - 07:47 PM.

I think I'm a lot like Michael. I don't think I've even identified with a fictional character as much as with him.

Just like him, I'm egoistical, tend to alientate and push away people around me, tend to be sarcastic and look down on others, have slight anger issues (just instead of going around breaking houses and beating people, I just get irritated a lot, complain for no reason and generally act like a passive-aggresive assh*ole), like to rummage through my psyche, escape from reality to fantasy through video games, films etc. and I'm trying to find something to do in life, that would be worthwhile, contribution to those around me and would make me happy.

It's kind of scary that instead of "good guys doing bad things" like CJ, Niko or Johnny, first GTA protagonist I truly identified with was really not a good person.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Trevor...because I am always pulling my pants down to show my junk off.

hammertime99
  • hammertime99

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'm Tonya

a woman but ugly as f*ck

• L0st-D4md likes this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

Probably a hybrid of Michael and Franklin.

Like Michael, I do have quite an easy and fortunate life but also complain at alot of things, whenever they're arguments with siblings or getting angry at the littlest things. Like Franklin however, I also show alot of respect for my friends and family, and want to help them when they need it the most.

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

I'm Tonya

a woman but ugly as f*ck

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None