Quantcast

» «
Photo

I feel like I'm being punished for buying a Xbox One.

63 replies to this topic
Charles456k
  • Charles456k

My K/D is better than Hitlers!

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by Charles456k, 06 December 2013 - 08:19 PM.

These are some of the reasons that I feel that I should have stuck with my Xbox 360.(Now just so people understand, these are things that will hopefully be fixed by updates and just time, but are annoying in the beginning.):

• None of my friends have a Xbox One or will be getting one soon.
  • I can't play TellTale games like The Walking Dead: Season 2 or The Wolf Among Us.
  • Multiplayer games like Call of duty only have 20,000 people playing it at a time.(That may sound like a lot of people, but it's not. I go to play anything and there is like 500 people playing it and I can't find any lobbies. For example, I wanted to play Squads last night and there was 74 people playing it, 800 something people playing Extinction, and so on. It's impossible to find an open lobby anymore.)
  • I can't even party chat with my friends on Xbox 360. I have to Skype with them or message them.
  • I can't use my Turtle Beaches to chat with people, I have to use that POS headset or my Kinect.
  • I can't use my flash drive to watch movies or TV shows anymore. I have to use Skydrive and there is a lot of loading times in the middle of the show.
  • Every game that I upgraded to an Xbox One version, I have to get all of the achievements over again.(It's a nice extra boost to my gamer score, but it's boring doing the same thing twice.)
  • Have to click on each individual achievement in the achievement list after you get them to see what you did to get them.
  • Can't view the hard drive to delete items.(Have to go to each individual item in the game store to delete stuff for it.)
  • Can't play any Arcade games that I bought on my 360.(For example, I bought the new WSOP Full House Poker 2 weeks before I got my Xbox One and now I can't play it.) 

List of things that are nice about the Xbox One:

• Better graphics.
  • Simpler Dashboard.
  • 10x bigger friends list.
  • Smart glass on my ipad is amazing.(Can go to type a message on my Xbox One and then break out the iPad to type the message. I can use my iPad as a controller to my dashboard. Anything that I can do on my dashboard with my controller, I can do with the iPad. Only thing bad about Smart Glass is if my girlfriend gets a hold of the iPad, she can mess with me while I'm playing my Xbox One. For example, I'll be playing Call of Duty and then all of a sudden Netflix, Skype and Internet Explorer all open at once on my Xbox One and I look next to me and my girlfriend is laughing her ass off. Grrrr.)

That's about all I can thing of right now. If I think of anything else I will update this post, but as you can see, I think I should have stuck with my Xbox 360. Yes the Xbox One is shinier, but be ready for a lot of disappointments as well.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Well, I guess you deserve a punishment for buying an Xbox One.

I would slap you on the wrist but you have already been punished, now go to your room.

• 2281 likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Xbox One is sh*t, you shoulda knew that when you bought it.

• StormerBoy likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

At least you can be sure you won't be alone...
i-read-you-640x360.jpg
  • Andreas, 2281, Scaglietti and 1 other like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

You didn't do your homework it seems. That or you don't do much thinking.

Charles456k
  • Charles456k

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Its not sh*t, I should just have waited a year or so.

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Its not sh*t, I should just have waited a year or so.

Denial...

The first part of the grieving process.

• Street Mix, Finn 7 five 11, StormerBoy and 4 others like this

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

" My K/D is better than Hitler"- erm, no?

OT: Should have bought a PS4. It's 44% more powerful and $100 Cheaper! :p

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Well friend, maybe you deserve to be punished for your stupidity. It's the only way you'll learn.

• asetofgenes likes this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Ahh, the Sony fanboys in here makes me puke, like PS4 didnt have any problems at launch .

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Ahh, the Sony fanboys in here makes me puke, like PS4 didnt have any problems at launch .

its not fanboyism when the other system is obvious sh*t. 

• Finn 7 five 11 and Mr. House like this

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:04 PM Edited by elanman, 06 December 2013 - 10:06 PM.

I understand what the OP is going through. I waited for the PS3 rather than buying a 360 in 2007 and missed out playing online with my 360-owning friends and faced a barrage of criticism ("why didn't you get the 360?", "HALO, HALO, HALO", and so on). As such, I cannot blame the OP at all for getting the Xbox One. Sure, it might be more expensive than the PS4 and laden with features ranging from arbitrary to downright intrusive, but if the OP is more used to the Xbox platform, who are we to judge his decision?

askinnywhitedildo: It was infuriating to be told that the PS3 was the "inferior system" when I bought it. In a few years the Xbox One and PS4 will probably be on level playing ground. With that said, I am very happy with Sony's success with the PS4--after hard years with the PS3, they deserve it. Oh, and I believe that there is a name change feature now.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

its not fanboyism when the other system is obvious sh*t.
Dildo, don't be an ass.

For the record I have [almost] no complaints about my Xbox one.

@Charles - why in the hell did you get rid of your 360 so soon?
  • Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Charles456k
  • Charles456k

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

i didnt have enough for my xbox one. gamestop offered me 80 bucks and that put me at enough money.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

Well you bought it, so deal with it. It was your choice and YOU are getting punished for it.

On a serious note, why don't you return it, they should allow you to refund it. But what would be the point if you've sold your 360 unless you could get it back?

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

i didnt have enough for my xbox one. gamestop offered me 80 bucks and that put me at enough money.

That doesn't sound worth it.

These are common console launch problems. I'm sure most of the issues will be fixed in a year or two. Sounds like you're sol in the meantime though. Sorry.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

And I was taking your opinion so seriously until I got to the girlfriend part lol

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Telling him "servez u rite" or "xbox one sux u should hav got a PEE ES FOR" isn't that reasonable. You're free to buy whichever next-gen system you prefer. Alot of my friends play on 360 as opposed to PS3, doesn't matter that much to me.

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

Telling him "servez u rite" or "xbox one sux u should hav got a PEE ES FOR" isn't that reasonable. You're free to buy whichever next-gen system you prefer. Alot of my friends play on 360 as opposed to PS3, doesn't matter that much to me.

Well that makes sense,  because 360 is a pretty decent system. 

As for the X1, it's obvious. 

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

Apparently MS is working on making it a little more user friendly, But going with the flow of things here, Thats what you get for getting a New System this early.

Wait a year or so.

• CatDog96 likes this

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

The Playstation 4 has significant drawbacks too. They're new consoles so it will take a long time for the player base to build on both consoles.

It seems this is less of a thread related to the Xbox One but more so of buying a console far too early. My mates all have the Xbox One, so I'm currently loving the system.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

Your issues mostly seem to come from getting a next-gen console too early. You can go back to your 360 for now if you wanna talk with friends.

• Mister Pink likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:47 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 07 December 2013 - 05:47 AM.

• None of my friends have a Xbox One or will be getting one soon

They'll eventually get one, they'll just take a long time to do so. I remember when I got my PS3 at launch, absolutely none of my friends had one. Everyone but a leeching asshole had a 360, who I didn't wanna play with anyway. But, around maybe 09, they a lot of them started getting on the PS3 train and now pretty much all of them have one,  around half of them even sold/gave up on their 360s.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

Okay it is reasonable, anyone with a functioning brain stem knows that buying a modern console on release day is f*cking stupid. I don't really give a sh*t about either console. Sure you're free to buy whichever system you want, you're also free to wipe your arse with your money, smoke it as a joint, blow your nose with it, eat it, burn it for warmth.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

Okay it is reasonable, anyone with a functioning brain stem knows that buying a modern console on release day is f*cking stupid. I don't really give a sh*t about either console. Sure you're free to buy whichever system you want, you're also free to wipe your arse with your money, smoke it as a joint, blow your nose with it, eat it, burn it for warmth.

My friend bought one not long after release. He was plenty of money to spend, I don't see a problem. Spending your money on a new console isn't exactly the same as using it to wipe your arse or smoke it as a joint.

• Waldie likes this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

My friend bought one not long after release. He was plenty of money to spend, I don't see a problem. Spending your money on a new console isn't exactly the same as using it to wipe your arse or smoke it as a joint.

Well that's a matter of opinion. There is no problem as such, and of course we should be able to buy what we want but the fact is that a lot of people are still pissed off at Microsoft and have a rather low opinion of the Xbox One. Therefore one can hardly expect to come onto a forum crying about how they bought an XB1 and not receive a barrage of "Told you so"s.

I also have a friend who bought an XB1 on launch, just for Forza 5. Personally I think it was a f*cking stupid decision and my respect for him has wavered a bit, but hey it's his money and I don't give him a hard time about it. However, he hasn't complained about it, yet. If he did, I'd have no qualms about ridiculing him senseless. 

Anyway, I have no sympathy whatsoever for the OP.

You bought XBone, you don't deserve sympathy.

You shouldn't even buy any console this early in the game. Wait! - let them iron out the kinks and make some decent games first. Why people have to be so impatient I don't know...

You sold your 360? One thing absolutely loath about games forums is seeing people whine about how they sold their old game or console in order to buy the next one and how they now regret it. Perhaps it's because I'm on the other end of the spectrum as I've never sold any of my old games or consoles ever, but I have nothing but contempt for you people. Didn't have enough money for the XB1? Well then you should have saved (or ideally waited as I said), but no, greedy, impatient and shortsighted, as usual.

So f*ck you, enjoy your piece of sh*t TV remote.

• friendly luggage and Killerdude like this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by F4L?, 07 December 2013 - 02:26 PM.

I am going to get every last minute from my PS3 before 'upgrading' to the PS4. I mean I am simply running out of space and power-points here.

I have one TV for twitch shooters, another for any other game and movies, I have a PS2, and a PS3 and they are all hooked up simultaneously, and the cable management is dreadful. Honestly, I don't need another console to complicate things right now.

Dildo, don't be an ass

How can you possibly attempt seriousness when their username contains the word: 'Dildo'?

Your attempt honestly made me laugh, trip.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

This is why I don't buy consoles right when they come out.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Being an early adopter of next-gen consoles is a stupid idea considering the controversy behind them and the fact that there's barely any games on those systems. I don't know what you expected.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Someone didn't watch Game Launch Rock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users