Photo

Kenny Loggins... Seriously R*, Why?

45 replies to this topic
Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:13 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 07 December 2013 - 11:14 AM.

I just love this ranting about modern music and society.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 07 December 2013 - 02:22 PM.

Dude, just let it go. Yes the soundtrack for V is plain pitiful, but it's time to just walk away. I walked away long ago. Even if R* added all the cool songs now, the vibe has already been set for Los Santos 2013. Good songs will not help V. I wish Kenny Loggins - Meet Me Halfway would've been in though. I also wish that R* would've used a better Johnny Paycheck song. And no Hank Jr was very disappointing. Oh!! But that's "redneck inbred" music. No wonder R* left it out, huh

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

AGAINST EVERYTHING 2016

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Danger Zone would have been perfect for when flying jet planes,

I get to be Ice Man!

lol How have I never seen this?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

I liked Iggy Pop better. His rantings about gentrification was just dead on when it comes to real life New York. They could have gotten somebody more hard rock. Why not Lemmy or maybe Slash?

• Lock N' Stock likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by Staten, 07 December 2013 - 05:27 PM.

I liked "I'm Free" a lot, but when I was playing the jet dogfight in GTA Online, I really wanted to hear "Danger Zone".

Not "Footloose", though.  No one should have to hear that.

As a DJ though, I found Loggins surprisingly good.  His laidback delivery really helped some bits, like the one about listening to the voice in your head (but not the voices), or the one about having a yacht that could outrun the sunset. 

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Fuuma Kanryo!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

I know how you feel. 

They got OutKast on the game's soundtrack, but they chose one of their older and lesser known songs rather than "Hey Ya!", which would have been much better for the game.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

I know how you feel. 

They got OutKast on the game's soundtrack, but they chose one of their older and lesser known songs rather than "Hey Ya!", which would have been much better for the game.

Older and Lesser Known, Elevators is a brilliant track and one of the few good tracks on the entire FlyLo FM. Flying over Los Santos at night with that playing is brilliant, was surprised to hear it in the game.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

I know how you feel. 

omg that song brings back memories! 

AirWolf856
  • AirWolf856

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

You can't have a thread like this without a video like this. 

@danhouser
  • @danhouser

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

I'm sorry you're not happy, well... not really...  carry on - it's amusing!

CharlesManson855
  • CharlesManson855

George clooney is my ONLY love

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm sorry you're not happy, well... not really...  carry on - it's amusing!

dan only lasted 10 mins

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

^^^ Tough crowd.

Kenny Loggins had a couple good bits and some stuff that didn't really fit in. 'Danger Zone' is played out, 'I'm Free' fits the vibe and is much lesser known which I find to be good. I don't want to hear top 40 in GTA, that music already gets blasted at us enough as it is.

He's far from my favorite DJ though. Pam Grier gets that spot, with Bootsy Collins/Flying Lotus at runner up.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

I know how you feel. 

Elevators is a much better song than Hey Ya. Hey Ya isn't even really a hip hop song.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

^^^ Tough crowd.

Kenny Loggins had a couple good bits and some stuff that didn't really fit in. 'Danger Zone' is played out, 'I'm Free' fits the vibe and is much lesser known which I find to be good. I don't want to hear top 40 in GTA, that music already gets blasted at us enough as it is.

He's far from my favorite DJ though. Pam Grier gets that spot, with Bootsy Collins/Flying Lotus at runner up.

The Pam Grier station is just awesome. I love old 60s and 70s stuff like that.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:19 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 07 December 2013 - 09:19 PM.

I also wish that R* would've used a better Johnny Paycheck song. And no Hank Jr was very disappointing. Oh!! But that's "redneck inbred" music. No wonder R* left it out, huh

Yeah, it's pretty ignorant to label country music as being for "rednecks/hillbillies". It may not be for everyone including myself, though I do like the upbeat vibe of some country stuff.

SoulTrain75
  • SoulTrain75

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

i like the heaven song he has in the game. it has a cool "the 80's movie hero is about to come back and win it all" type feel to it. my fav song in the game to race to. but him as a dj he seems to calm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users