Photo

Rockstar Doesn't prefer this...or that

25 replies to this topic
Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by Cyper, 06 December 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Rockstar Games have decided that Michael doesn't prefer to wear white tennisshoes and hats. Therefore, I can't wear white tennisshoes and a hat while playing as Michael.

This sort of reasoning comes back again from GTA IV where I couldn't visit nightclubs because ''that's not what an immigrant like Niko would do'', or ''It doesn't fit into Niko's story''.

But now it's been taken to another level. To a level where I can only buy a few pair of pants. The rest of the available clothes are locked for my favorite character - that's right - I prefer to play as Michael. Not any other character. But apparently, the game want to force me to do otherwise by restricting my freedom. It's only possible to buy what Rockstar Games considers to fit Michaels style. I can't buy the properties Michael doesn't prefer, I can't buy the clothes he doesn't prefer, or the hairstyle he doesn't prefer. Is that the valid reason for why I can't buy Safehouses aswell? Because Michael (e.i Rockstar Games) does not think Michael should.

This is seriously the opposite mentality that was used when developing previous GTA games. In previous games you could actually choose what you wanted to wear.The game didn't dictate you what to wear. Even the mission design have become way more restrictive by forcing you into one path. Other things aswell, as in the way interiors becomes locked and loads of content stripped away from Singleplayer.

What happened to the good old days when you could wear exactly what you wanted, in any order you wanted? Complete the missions in a variety of ways without this boring, uninspired, ''Do liek Dat or go home!'' bullpoo.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

I have a solution for all your dress up woes.

http://www.barbie.co...ntasy/princess/

• livejoker, kvic, lol232 and 5 others like this

ladx
  • ladx

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

these are fun, but if u try the new collection of barbie the imperial edition it be better, expensive though

:santa:  

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

I noticed that you can't mix and match certain clothes without the game automatically changing the whole outfit.

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:13 PM Edited by yonatan755, 06 December 2013 - 05:13 PM.

They should bring only one protagonist back on gta VI in my opinion
  • zielarz119 and TimelyMeerkat like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

GTA VI should have 50 protagonists.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

Mike can't wear tennis shoes and hats.  End of ****ing world, pre order canceled.

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Hustler

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

Mike can't wear tennis shoes and hats.  End of ****ing world, pre order canceled.

B4bR3Ar.gif

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, it sucks. Might as well say we can't go on rampages either because it ''doesn't fit his style''.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Rockstar Games have decided that Michael doesn't prefer to wear white tennisshoes and hats. Therefore, I can't wear white tennisshoes and a hat while playing as Michael.

This sort of reasoning comes back again from GTA IV where I couldn't visit nightclubs because ''that's not what an immigrant like Niko would do'', or ''It doesn't fit into Niko's story''.

But now it's been taken to another level. To a level where I can only buy a few pair of pants. The rest of the available clothes are locked for my favorite character - that's right - I prefer to play as Michael. Not any other character. But apparently, the game want to force me to do otherwise by restricting my freedom. It's only possible to buy what Rockstar Games considers to fit Michaels style. I can't buy the properties Michael doesn't prefer, I can't buy the clothes he doesn't prefer, or the hairstyle he doesn't prefer. Is that the valid reason for why I can't buy Safehouses aswell? Because Michael (e.i Rockstar Games) does not think Michael should.

DUH, R* has always done this, and thats why I don't like Michael or Niko, they're both a couple of boring white guys that get hard ons from playing golf, and darts what the f*ck do you expect ?

If the game was based around Trevor or Franklin we wouldn't have this problem, no one would be complaining about how sh*t everything is because the game would actually be fun, they need to stop making games about depressed, old ass white guys with f*cked up hairlines that are going through some bullsh*t family crisis and do yoga to blow off some f*cking steam. YOU'RE A PART OF THE PROBLEM YOU ASKED FOR THIS, IT'S YOUR FAULT SO STFU AND ENJOY THE GODAMN GAME.

LubeMan
  • LubeMan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

they need to stop making games about depressed, old ass white guys with f*cked up hairlines that are going through some bullsh*t family crisis and do yoga to blow off some f*cking steam.

F*ckin white guys. Am I right?!?

The brothers be all like "hey girl."

The white guys be all like "derp, derp, derp"

Am I right?!?

• I<3GTAV likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

So you're saying being immersive such as attaching and relating to a character is bad?
Okay.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by am30, 06 December 2013 - 08:36 PM.

Why would you even want to ear white tennis shoes and a hat?!  The 80's are long gone.

The simple solution is to find a new favourite character.  Michael is a d!ck.

There are restrictions on all characters about what properties and clothes they can have, which is fair enough.  I mean, can you see Trevor in tux and Michael in a stained t-shirt and equally stained tracky bottoms?  Doesn't work given the lifestyle and personnalities of each character.

As far as I am aware, buying additional safehouses is not possible in story mode.

It's only a game.  In the real world you can ear white tennis shoes and a hat as much as you please.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

I don't care what Michael, Trevor, or Franklin wear when on missions, or what they are supposed to wear, or what fits their style.

I want Michael to look the way I want. I want freedom, not restriction.

• ShaunNoWay likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

i find dumb as well, all options should be allowed to all players. hell some of the clothes in SP you cant even get in Online or vice versa

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:53 PM Edited by Xerukal, 06 December 2013 - 09:55 PM.

I don't care what Michael, Trevor, or Franklin wear when on missions, or what they are supposed to wear, or what fits their style.

Ah, because your freedom is constantly raped as you are put in a linear corridor and told to go through it to advance the story, am I right? No.

You should care what fits their style, because their style is a part of their character. A lot of the clothing for the specific characters is very unique to their personality and feel. 

GTA has always been about authenticity, has it not? No matter how silly it was, ever since San Andreas it had authenticity in its environments at the very least, and then evolved into very authentic characters. 

I understand your frustration entirely. But I do think you should respect the characters and their styles a bit more since they are the ones that you go out and do "non-restricted" stuff with. 

But hey, there's always modding on PC when the PC version eventually releases. So I guess if you ever plan on buying that, you can expect a metric f*ckton of clothing/hairstyle mods. 

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Ah, because your freedom is constantly raped as you are put in a linear corridor and told to go through it to advance the story, am I right? No.

You should care what fits their style, because their style is a part of their character. A lot of the clothing for the specific characters is very unique to their personality and feel. 

GTA has always been about authenticity, has it not? No matter how silly it was, ever since San Andreas it had authenticity in its environments at the very least, and then evolved into very authentic characters. 

I understand your frustration entirely. But I do think you should respect the characters and their styles a bit more since they are the ones that you go out and do "non-restricted" stuff with. 

But hey, there's always modding on PC when the PC version eventually releases. So I guess if you ever plan on buying that, you can expect a metric f*ckton of clothing/hairstyle mods. 

so everything geared to trevor is redneck style clothing even though he's canadian. but then you can get booty shorts and womens style tank top. doesnt make sense to me. so is a he a redneck or a cross dresser

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:00 PM Edited by Xerukal, 06 December 2013 - 10:01 PM.

so everything geared to trevor is redneck style clothing even though he's canadian. but then you can get booty shorts and womens style tank top. doesnt make sense to me. so is a he a redneck or a cross dresser

Trevor is Trevor, though. I doubt you can compare his tastes to any other reasonable human being. 

He'll wear anything (Which is why it would've made sense to give his type of character any kind of clothing to wear). So I guess that makes him both. 

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

You're using a character made by Rockstar in their game.  if you want a character to look how you want it to look, go online.

The game is not about playing dress-up with dollies.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

In other words "hahaha your problem isn't my problem, DEAL WITH IT!"

Nice attitude.

OP I agree this is very annoying to me as well. Michael is my favorite character and he has sh*t for options for clothes. I don't want to play barbie princess dressup, but I expect the same level of detail and features that other characters get. It's simply not there, and it's annoying.

• Cyper and word is bond like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

I knew I wasn't the only guy who felt this way. :^: This is one thing I feared pre-release and somewhat disliked in IV. Unfortunately my worries came true. Yes making my characters only choose from their taste of clothes is realistic. Yes they shouldn't want to buy multiple houses. Yes Trevor would not want a Lost MC bar. Yes the characters are being more realistic by choosing whay type of activities and tatoos they want. But, this is a sand-box video game.

To me, it is stupid how you are restricted to being able to do only what your character wants in.certain segments. Yeah, it may help with getting immersed with the characters, but it does not help in the long term at all. You'd think they would've learned from their mistake in IV which was not letting us do what Niko didn't want for simply being realistic. Look, I like in depth characteristics of a character in games, but restricting the player is something you just do not do.

Oh, and yeah. Still waiting for safehouses in SP. I don't care if it doesn't fit the god damned character's wants -- and hell they are rich in the end why the f*ck can't they have a want to buy nicer houses? :dontgetit: :v:

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:58 PM Edited by Zodape, 07 December 2013 - 12:16 AM.

Don't be stupid, if R* allowed any character to use anything they would end up with the fashion police up their asses.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

Can we address the fact that a guy in here actually searched for a Barbie dress-up game?

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

Can we address the fact that a guy in here actually searched for a Barbie dress-up game?

Well it's what the OP is looking for isn't it? :lol:

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Lol at white tennis shoes and hat, why would you want to dress anyone up like that anyway? 

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

I like it like this. If it kept Niko from stupid parachutes and nightclubs he didn't belong in, than I'm happy. It allow more focus on things that better fit the game, story and character. GTA V tried to express freedom from the character personality and it turned into a less focused mess, in my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users