Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAV has CoD: Ghosts beaten on the top 20 played (X360)

41 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:33 AM Edited by IDredMan, 06 December 2013 - 11:34 AM.

For like, the first time ever.

The newly release CoD game is not at the top of the top 20 most played games chart, for the Xbox 360.

5DODz.png

http://majornelson.c...of-november-25/

What do you think?

EDIT: And before you say it. "First time ever" means first time ever since the first Modern Warfare.

• John Smith likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

First time in 6 years, wow.
And what I find even more impressive is that GTA IV is still on the list, It's almost 6 years old and and V is already out, can't believe a lot of people still play it, its MP was basic but is Solid.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Lol gta iv is no 20
  • DeafMetal likes this

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by Cyper, 06 December 2013 - 01:10 PM.

I don't care.

In my opinion the best sold games are rarely the kind of games I like. When great games such as GTA becomes to popular they become a milking machine, and the developers becomes greedy and eventually dumb it down (make it more casual) and water it down (remove content and focus less on details). Which is precisely what's happened to GTA V in Singleplayer aswell as in other aspects tied to the game itself.

I want the GTA franchise to make a lot of money. Not to much money. That is never good.

• QuietJosh likes this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:12 PM Edited by Osho, 06 December 2013 - 01:15 PM.

Days back it was number 1 ( on X1... [done]). Still this is not set in stone. Even Battlefield 4 looks promising after DICE giving full support to online problems.

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

Maybe people are realising how useless COD is. There has been absolutely no innovation since MW2. MW1 set up the modern setting and MW2 polished it up. Every COD since has been a waste of disk space.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

Lol gta iv is no 20

That's a pretty good effort. How many of those games are as old as GTA IV? Not even the original Modern Warfare is there anymore.

Anyway good to see GTA topple COD.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

Lol gta iv is no 20

That's a pretty good effort. How many of those games are as old as GTA IV? Not even the original Modern Warfare is there anymore.

Yeah, I mean 4 is 5 years old now.

And 5 is just now released, and with the new consoles out. It'll probably stay on top of that list (For these current get systems, at least) for longer.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by Cyper, 06 December 2013 - 01:33 PM.

It would be interesting if ratings were focused on quality and customer support instead of only the quantity of copies that have been sold.

Mark my word that CoD would not be in the same position on such a list.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

It would be interesting if ratings were focused on quality and customer support instead of only the quantity of copies that have been sold.

Mark my word that CoD would not be in the same position on such a list.

These aren't ...Ratings.

That's a list for the top 20 most played games on the xbox 360 (Gee, sounding like a telemarketer)

Meaning. More people are playing GTAV than CoD: Ghosts.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

I like COD sprinkled with a nice fresh lemon, mixed with a tiny amount of butter ,and some batter dipped shrimps on the side and some french fries with the skin still on them, and a ice cold beer .

• notch likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

I like COD sprinkled with a nice fresh lemon, mixed with a tiny amount of butter ,and some batter dipped shrimps on the side and some french fries with the skin still on them, and a ice cold beer .

You just made me hungry.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

I don't care.

In my opinion the best sold games are rarely the kind of games I like. When great games such as GTA becomes to popular they become a milking machine, and the developers becomes greedy and eventually dumb it down (make it more casual) and water it down (remove content and focus less on details). Which is precisely what's happened to GTA V in Singleplayer aswell as in other aspects tied to the game itself.

I want the GTA franchise to make a lot of money. Not to much money. That is never good.

You do realize GTA has been the most popular game franchise (that people actually buy) in the industry since around GTA Vice City, right? GTA San Andreas = most sold game on the ps2. GTA IV = broke almost the same records as GTA V. Stop being such a damn hipster and blaming it on being popular. If you don't like the game, it's the maker's fault for not making the game YOU wanted, not its popularity.

Anyway, good to see. Also good to see good ol' IV still in the top 20 holding on for dear life for 5 years now lol

• John Smith and Distrom like this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

It's good news, but there is still a worrying amount of Call of Duty on there. 

And I'm really surprised IV is still on that list. 

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

ghost sucks

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:41 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 06 December 2013 - 03:42 PM.

And remember when that idiot Keith Flynn said "we look forward to getting the record back"? Haha, big words but no delivery you loser. Dream on.

• John Smith likes this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

People like bashing Gta but there hasn't been any other developer who has made a sandbox game thats even better than gta 3
  • John Smith and Sasqui like this

RaeTrillionaire
  • RaeTrillionaire

Wig Got Split

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Even Fifa 15 is beating Battlefield 4 lol

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

No matter how you feel about V we should all be glad COD got knocked off it's perch.

• John Smith and ten-a-penny like this

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by Lil ski, 06 December 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Lol gta iv is no 20

Yeah, I mean 4 is 5 years old now.
And 5 is just now released, and with the new consoles out. It'll probably stay on top of that list (For these current get systems, at least) for longer.
GTA IV

Replay Factor: 10/10

So basically GTA IV is one of the most replayed game since Counter Strike?

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

Finally, people are starting to get some sence. 

But still cod is at second place -.- so not enough

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

I think it's a combination of CoD getting repetitive and GTA getting more fun.
  • John Smith likes this

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

CoD sucks big black cock. #FACT

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

I don't care.

You do realize GTA has been the most popular game franchise (that people actually buy) in the industry since around GTA Vice City, right? GTA San Andreas = most sold game on the ps2. GTA IV = broke almost the same records as GTA V. Stop being such a damn hipster and blaming it on being popular. If you don't like the game, it's the maker's fault for not making the game YOU wanted, not its popularity.

Anyway, good to see. Also good to see good ol' IV still in the top 20 holding on for dear life for 5 years now lol

And remember when that idiot Keith Flynn said "we look forward to getting the record back"? Haha, big words but no delivery you loser. Dream on.

People like bashing Gta but there hasn't been any other developer who has made a sandbox game thats even better than gta 3

No matter how you feel about V we should all be glad COD got knocked off it's perch.

I think it's a combination of CoD getting repetitive and GTA getting more fun.

So much positivity in this thread.

I like.

• Sasqui and RaeTrillionaire like this

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

ITZ ABOUT QUALITY NOT QUANTITY!!!

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

Either that or a lot of players moved to Next Gen consoles and are playing that title there instead of the current gen consoles and since GTA V isn't on them they play other titles in the new consoles and play GTA V in their old console.... specially because they could move their profile from the old to the new devices. :whistle:

Any charts of the weeks prior when the new consoles weren't out yet?

K-E316
  • K-E316

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

And they said GTA Online is dead because of "no heiztz" and whatnot.... pfft.

(Yes I realize some people are still playing single player)

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

For like, the first time ever.

Minecraft surpassed one of the CoDs for first place a while ago.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:55 AM

That awkward moment when GTA IV is in the top 20...

• Deadly Target likes this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:04 AM

IV's online portion is great, but to be at the #20 spot after 5.5 consecutive years is truly phenomenal.

• Deadly Target likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users