Quantcast

» «
Photo

What about this for drug dealing in free mode?

44 replies to this topic
BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:34 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 03 March 2016 - 05:20 AM.

EDITED - October 7, 2015

From my experience wether hearing ppl online or on forums this is one of the most wanted things in GTA online especially in freemode.  It not only adds another avenue to make money but it also adds more action to free mode itself.  The best part is these missions can be triggered by players instead of having to wait for the game to do it.  Also,  this idea uses mechanics that are already present in the game from events such as "Dead Drop,  Moving Target and Hunt the Beast: as well as the Heist concept of setups and finales so no major additions are needed which would hold up its implimentation.  You'll see what I mean as you read further.

Anyway,  there are 3 levels to this.  Hustler,  Shotcaller and Kingpin.   Each status is unlocked after selling a certain amount of drugs. 1st, I'll explain how this will work solo with NPCs then I'll explain how with players in a public lobby.

Solo Online Session

HUSTLER - Everyone will start off with this status.  Lamar will be the contact for this level of work.  Here is how it will work.

Deliver Drugs - Lamar will randomly text you offering work.  If he hasnt yet you can call him and select "Job" from the options.  Either way after the call/text a blip will pop up on the map showing the location of the drug package.  Go to the location and collect the package.  Once the package is collected another blip will pop up on the map showing the location of the customer or destination to take the package.  Go to the blip,  deliver the package and get paid.  After you deliver a certain number of packages you will unlock "Shotcaller" status.

SHOTCALLER - Once you have unlocked this status Gerald will be the contact for this level of work.  These missions are a little more difficult but of course have bigger payouts.  These missions will be done like a mini heist as in a setup then a finale.  Here is how it will work.

Buy Drugs - Gerald will text you about available drugs for sale.  If he hasnt sent a text yet you can call him and select "Buy Drugs" from the options.  Either way after the call/text the mission is triggered a blip will then pop up on the map showing the location of the drugs Go there and collect the briefcase.  Once the briefcase is collected a fee will be automatically deducted from your account and a briefcase icon will be added to your weapon wheel under mele with 1/5 next to it (1 briefcase containing 5 packages).

Sell Drugs - Gerald will text you in reference to someone wanting to buy drugs.  If a text hasnt been sent yet you can call him and select "Sell Drugs" from the options.  Either way after the call/text the mission is triggered and multiple blips will pop up on the map showing the locations where a drug package is needed.  Go to each blip,  select the drug briefcase from your weapon wheel then press Y or Triangle to drop a package from the briefcase and get paid.  Once all of your drugs have been sold buy more drugs and do it all again.  After you sell a certain number of briefcases you will unlock "Kingpin" status.

KINGPIN - Once you unlock this status Trevor will be the contact to call for work.  These missions are a little more difficult but of course have bigger payouts.  Anyway, again these will be done like Heists except this time there are two setups before the finale.

Buy Drugs:- Trevor will text you about available drugs for sale.  If he hasnt yet you can call him and select "Buy Drugs" from the options.  Either way after the call/text the mission is triggered and a blip will then pop up on the map showing the location of the drugs.  The difference this time is instead of briefcases the drugs are in crates inside a van or truck so a vehicle icon will pop up on the map instead.  Go to the blip to collect the vehicle.  Once you get in the van/truck you must then deliver it to one of your garages to officially claim the drugs.  Sometimes NPCs will try to jack you so be ready.  Anyway,  once you successfully make it home with the drugs a briefcase icon will then be added to your weapon wheel under "mele" with 5/5 next to it (5 briefcases containing 5 packages each).

Distributing Drugs - Trevor will text you about distributing your drugs.  If he hasnt yet you call him and select "Distribute Drugs".  Either way after the call/text the mission is triggered and multiple blips will then pop up on the map showing the locations where drugs need to be distributed.  There are two ways to distribute your drugs.  Ride in your drug van so you can carry all of your drugs at once or ride in any other vehicle and only be allowed to carry one briefcase at a time.  If you die in your van an NPC can steal it and all your drugs but if you die in another vehicle you will only drop a briefcase.  If an NPC jacks you,  you must kill them to get your van/truck back.  If they make it to a destination you lose the drugs.  Either way go to each blip and deliver a briefcase.  Once all of the blips have been served you simply wait for the call to collect your $$$.

Collect Money - After some time Trevor will text you saying your drugs are sold and the money is ready to be picked up.  Multiple blips will then pop up on the map showing the locations of the $$$ pickups.  Go to each blip and collect your $$$.  Once the last pickup is made you must take your $$$ to one of your garages to officially claim it.  Sometimes NPCs will try to jack you so be ready.  Regardless,  once you make it home the $$$ is added to your account..   

Public Online Session (payouts are bigger than solo)

HUSTLER - Everyone will start off with this status.  Lamar will be the contact for this level of work.  These missions are basically like the "Dead drop" event that came in the freemode update.  Here is how it will work.

Deliver Drugs - Lamar will randomly text the lobby offering work.  If he hasnt yet anyone in the lobby can call him and select "Job" from the options.  Either way after the call/text the mission is triggered and a blip will pop up on the map showing the location of a drug package to collect.   Anyone can go collect the package.  Once the package is collected another blip will pop up on the map showing the location of the customer or destination to take the package.  Only the person holding the package can see this blip.  Go to the blip and deliver the package.  If you get wasted before delivering the package someone else can pick it up and complete the mission.  Regardless,  whoever delivers the package gets paid.  After you sell a certain number of packages you will unlock "Shotcaller" status.

SHOTCALLER - No more selling someone else drugs for a cut.  Its time to sell your own drugs now.  Once you have unlocked this status Gerald will be the contact for this level of work.  Payouts are a little bigger so of course missions will have a little more risk to them.  This time you have a setup mission before you sell the drugs.  Here is how it will work.

Buy Drugs - Gerald will text the lobby about available drugs for sale (only Shotcallers will get this text).  If he hasnt sent a text yet any Shotcaller in the lobby can call him and select "Buy Drugs" from the options.  Either way after the call/text the mission is triggered and a blip will then pop up on the map showing the location of the drugs (only Shotcallers can see this blip).  Whoever gets there 1st can collect the briefcase.  Once the briefcase is collected a fee will be automatically deducted from your account and a briefcase icon will be added to your weapon wheel under mele with 1/5 next to it (1 briefcase containing 5 packages).

Sell Drugs - Gerald will text the lobby offering work (only Shotcallers will get this text).  If a text hasnt been sent yet any Shotcaller in the lobby can call him and select "Sell Drugs" from the options.  Either way after the call/text the mission is triggered and multiple blips will pop up on the map showing the locations of all Hustlers in the lobby (only Shotcallers can see these blips).  All Shotcallers in the lobby must now race to as many blips as they can to deliver their drugs (this is basically the checkpoint challenge).  Since the Hustlers are real players keep in mind you can text them to set up a meeting.  Once you reach a blip, select the briefcase from your weapon wheel then press Y or Triangle to drop a package.  Once they collect it you get paid.  Rinse and repeat as much as you like.  After you sell a certain number of briefcases you will unlock "Kingpin" status.

KINGPIN - Now its time to play like the big boys. These missions arent as tedious but they come with huge risks.  In other words a lot of $$$ can be lost if things dont go right so a good stradegy will be key.  Once you unlock this status Trevor will be the contact to call for work.  This time there are two setups before the final mission.  Here is how it will work.

Buy Drugs:- Trevor will text all Kingpins in the lobby about available drugs for sale.  If he hasnt yet any Kingpin in the lobby can call him and select "Buy Drugs" from the options.  Either way after the call/text the mission is triggered and a blip will then pop up on the map showing the location of the drugs (only Kingpins can see this blip).  The difference this time is instead of briefcases the drugs are in crates inside a van or truck so a vehicle icon will pop up on the map instead.  Go to the blip to collect the vehicle.  Any Kingpin can collect the vehicle.  Once you get in the van/truck a vehicle icon will pop up on the map for the rest of the lobby to see.  You must then deliver the van/truck to your safehouse to officially claim the drugs before getting robbed.  If you die anyone can collect the van/truck and take it home.  Whoever makes it home with the vehicle 1st claims the drugs.  If you successfully make it home with the drugs a briefcase icon will then be added to your weapon wheel under "mele" with 5/5 next to it (5 briefcases with 5 packages each).

Distributing Drugs - Trevor will text all Kingpins in the lobby about distributing their drugs.  If he hasnt yet any Kingpin in the lobby can call him and select "Distribute Drugs".  Either way after the call/text the mission is triggered and multiple blips will then pop up on the map showing the locations where drugs need to be distributed.  Only Kingpins can see these blips.  There are two ways to distribute your drugs.  Ride in your drug van so you can carry all of your drugs at once or ride in any other vehicle and only be allowed to carry one briefcase at a time.  If you die in your van someone can steal it and all your drugs but if you die in another vehicle you will only drop a briefcase.  If someone jacks you,  you must kill them to get your van/truck back.  If they make it to their safehouse you lose the drugs.  Either way go to each blip and deliver a briefcase.  Once all of the blips have been served you simply wait for the call to collect your $$$.

Collect Money - After some time Trevor will text all Kingpins in the lobby saying your drugs are sold and the money is ready to be picked up.  Multiple blips will then pop up on the map showing the locations of the $$$ pickups.  The # of pickups is determined by how many briefcases you previously distributed during the delivery setup so if you delivered 5 briefcases you will get 5 pickup blips.  Kingpins can only see their own blips.  Each Kingpin must then collect all of his money drops.  Once a Kingpin has collected all of his drops his blip will turn green letting the lobby know $$$ is in route.  The Kingpin must then make it home to claim the money before getting robbed.  If you die before making it home you drop your $$$ and anyone can collect it.  You must then kill them to get it back.  If they make it home you lose the $$$.

NOTE 1: I tried my best to keep this in the realm of possibility as far as how the freemode events work.  Also,  I think these missions should be offered/triggered at any time like Simeon's Imports.  This way we dont have to wait through numerous other events until these specific missions pop up.  The missions also dont require a specific number of participants before its even available as NPC will take over by default.

NOTE 2: I chose to use the weapon wheel as a way to deliver/sell the packages because it not only is better for keeping track of how much drugs you have but it also allows us to give drugs to friends wether an individual package or the whole briefcase or crate.

NOTE 3: I havent thought of the prices for each level of drugs.  Maybe someone can suggest some good numbers.  Regardless,  this idea isnt finalized.  Its open to suggestions so if you can think of any way to make an aspect better please post it.

Thoughts?

• saintsrow, don ovdi' island, GTA DUDE05 and 7 others like this

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

good stuff

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:50 AM

Way more important things they need to add to this game before they should start working on something like this.

• ZeroF0rce likes this

xNinjaStarfishx
  • xNinjaStarfishx

Happy Happy Joy Joy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

Spuds like you shild work ah Rockstar

EarlyLifeFailure
  • EarlyLifeFailure

YaCuncha

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Great idea but the glitchers will glitch it...

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

Maybe in the next gtao.

So Awesome
  • So Awesome

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

static.comic######m/uploads/original/14/149746/3479795-9458378239-2e1a9.jpg

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Relying on another player is going to cause problems. I think it's best if everything can be done solo, perhaps with an incentive to work with other players.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Good stuff, reminds me of the drug dealing game on my calculator from middle school
  • brose_sfr likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Or you can get the drug packages from NPCs and then sell the drugs to actual online players and it will give them a brief stat boost...........but you can't use your own drugs, you have to buy them from other players to use it "don't get high off your own supply."

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

tldr

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 07 October 2015 - 07:08 PM.

Great idea but the glitchers will glitch it...

How?  Every feature this uses is in the game already and they aren't getting glitched.  Are ppl glitching gang attacks?  What about the weapon/ammo drop feature?  Please read it 1st before guessing ways to shoot it down.

Relying on another player is going to cause problems. I think it's best if everything can be done solo, perhaps with an incentive to work with other players.

I'm not sure what you meant by this.  Are you talking about the share cash part?  I took it as that's what you meant so I thought about it and made changes for that.  Please reread if you have time.  Thanks.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

You must deliver the vans or trucks to your safehouse 1st (must have an available space) to claim the contents

No.

• JohnnyCallisto likes this

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Selling drugs to players is generally pointless. But this seems all feasible mechanically.

Except 2 problems.

1.) What Bigsull said. I should not have to have room in my garage.

2.) The higher tier you are of obtaining drugs, aka maybe the dealer at "Hustler" status is just a guy with a baretta or something.

As you get promoted to Baller, the drop becomes a couple guys, perhaps the dealer in the middle and 2 guards on either side of him. His guards have UZI's, he has a baretta.

Once you reach Kingpin, it's a full arsenal of dudes, armed with everything from uzi's to AK-47's.

This way if you decide to fight, you dont just pop one dude. For the less skilled, this may mean incorporating their buddies into it, making it a plan of jacking the product, and then selling.

Honestly, I believe the player interaction should be more focused on cooperation. Aka having buddies help you jack shipments...protect yours etc. You should be able to give some of your on-hand drugs to your friends, then you could essentially and theoretically, have your group hijack the Kingpin level of drugs. Then when the coast is clear at your safehouse, you split the drugs amongst the group and then they go out to sell (anywhere, details below). This allows for a drug network between crews/friends/people to be created. This would mean, you shouldn't have to ALWAYS wait for a work message. Typically when drugs are sold IRL, it's delegated to street dealers who go to areas where they have higher chances of selling.

Drugs should be an inventory item like ciggarettes and be useable and droppable, dropping being how you share them. However if you were to press right on the D-Pad on the drugs in that, it would attempt to sell it to the nearest NPC, in which they can decline or accept and pay you. No dots, no radar alerting you of who can and cant be sold to. Make it on the dealer to reach out and find peds. And of course, certain peds would be more interested. Bums, low lifes, gang members, etc.

I could go alot more into detail on how I would set this up, because I haven't even talked about my vision on how you could incorporate not friendly, but hostile players.

• JohnnyCallisto and G4M6L3 like this

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 07 October 2015 - 07:13 PM.

Selling drugs to players is generally pointless. But this seems all feasible mechanically.

Except 2 problems.

2.) The higher tier you are of obtaining drugs, aka maybe the dealer at "Hustler" status is just a guy with a baretta or something.

1)  It was just the 1st thought.  I have the base idea laid out now so I plan on tuning this idea as time passes.  After thinking about the "must have an available space" part maybe R* could just make it so once you hit your garage and the enter cutscene happens you made it.  They could also maybe allow us to buy a 2nd garage.  Lastly they could also make one of the random garages around the map a destination.  Regardless,  I took the "must have an available space" part off.  Thanks for the input.

2)  I don't see the point in that.  Regardless,  it would be impossible to achieve.  Everyone has more than a pistol now.  This is about adding another side activity and nothing more.

Honestly, I believe the player interaction should be more focused on cooperation. Aka having buddies help you jack shipments...protect yours etc. You should be able to give some of your on-hand drugs to your friends, then you could essentially and theoretically, have your group hijack the Kingpin level of drugs. Then when the coast is clear at your safehouse, you split the drugs amongst the group and then they go out to sell (anywhere, details below). This allows for a drug network between crews/friends/people to be created. This would mean, you shouldn't have to ALWAYS wait for a work message. Typically when drugs are sold IRL, it's delegated to street dealers who go to areas where they have higher chances of selling.

Drugs should be an inventory item like ciggarettes and be useable and droppable, dropping being how you share them. However if you were to press right on the D-Pad on the drugs in that, it would attempt to sell it to the nearest NPC, in which they can decline or accept and pay you. No dots, no radar alerting you of who can and cant be sold to. Make it on the dealer to reach out and find peds. And of course, certain peds would be more interested. Bums, low lifes, gang members, etc.

I could go alot more into detail on how I would set this up, because I haven't even talked about my vision on how you could incorporate not friendly, but hostile players.

Did you read my post fully bcuz all of this is possible with my idea.  This is part of free mode so of course you can get some friends to tag along when you buy drugs so you don't get killed,  help you jack the dealer or be there to protect you from jackers.  I even stated that in the post "be sure to have some friends with you bcuz you may get jacked".  Maybe I'm minsunderstanding what you're saying.

Its also possible to give your friends drugs.  Highlight the drugs on your weapon wheel and press Y or B to drop them just like you can weapons and ammo.  All they have to do is deposit all their money so they don't have any on them when they pick up the drugs you drop.  This way they aren't charged.  The NPC would consider this a jack as you're not paying but you as the player can just ignore that your buddy didn't pay.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

Yo OP, ever played China town wars? I think that system with more people included is the best. Like instead of the drop box idea you have (nothing agaisnt your idea) it would be more like a random set of npc drug dealers who are scattered around the entire map. (that way with only 16 people, you dont all focus on the same dude) Each drug dealer was in a different area of town, prices for different drugs varied on different parts of town. So it would benefit you if you flew to say Paleto pay, (which reminds me of humbolt county) bought 10 pounds of sticky icky... then flew back to LS and sold it on Groove street for 2x more. 

In that game prices varied on location, time ect.... different drug dealers had different deals at different times and were in different spots at certain times ect... was a good mini game in CTW.... ALSO it wasnt that easy... cops would break up the busts, follow you, ect... you would have other gangs come in and break up your deal... all sorts of sh*t... So add other players tying to do the same thing... everyone gets a text that weed is selling cheap in Paleto bay... so they all go there to try to get it... well there isnt unlimited weed and there's gonna be a shoot out. then they all try to fly to LS to sell it where it is in high demand... competition happens here too... 

Also I think drugs should be looser than money like... if you get killed by cops they take your drugs on hand... if you get killed by another player.. you drop your drugs... if you die in a wreck.. same... dropping them.. this allows for you to go pick them up agaisn for such cases.... 

You dont have to carry all your drugs on hand as there is a stash at home ect.... just like CTW.. 

Overall it was a much more simple version of yours... no ranks ect.... however I think simplicity is what this game needs... People being able to stock up on weed and be patient enough for it to come in when there isnt 6 people fighting over who gets the deal should be rewarded as much as the one who runs back and forth constantly gaining "RP" 

Anyways.. Im not tryin to bring your idea down or anything, perhaps just making discussion... what if is were like something Rockstar already had in play in a previous game? 

• Crimie Marston and Mrowain123 like this

dwallen
  • dwallen

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

I think you did a good job OP. The only thing I would suggest is, stick to NPC. The player to player deal would be some really tough programming and we all no how R* does with that type of stress. 

Would be alot of fun and add a whole other story/basis to the game. Again, good job OP! +1

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:36 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 07 October 2015 - 07:09 PM.

^ ^

Thanks and I disagree about player vs player requiring really tough programming.  As stated all the work is already done as the mechanics required are already in the game.  Basically we're using the weapon drop feature.  Player A (supplier) highlights the drugs on his weapon wheel and presses Y to drop it.  Player B (buyer) simply walks over it to collect it. Payment is automatically deducted from player B's on person cash (not bank account). 

@ G_Masta_Phunk

No problem man.  Well that would work too but the reason I didn't suggest CTW drug system is bcuz it would require a lot more programming since you are adding something entirely new.  What I did was come up with something that uses the already current mechanics so its easier to implemented.

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:01 AM Edited by Will Troll, 07 December 2013 - 02:02 AM.

Except 2 problems.

1)  It was just the 1st thought.  I have the base idea laid out now so I plan on tuning this idea as time passes.  After thinking about the "must have an available space" part maybe R* could just make it so once you hit your garage and the enter cutscene happens you made it.  They could also maybe allow us to buy a 2nd garage.  Lastly they could also make one of the random garages around the map a destination.  Regardless,  I took the "must have an available space" part off.  Thanks for the input.

2)  I don't see the point in that.  Regardless,  it would be impossible to achieve.  Everyone has more than a pistol now.  This is about adding another side activity and nothing more.

For your response to number 2, you clearly haven't read my post. I don't give a f*ck what the player is carrying or uses, but I'm saying that each tier, the NPC you buy drugs from should be better protected. If you're buying Kingpin level drugs from 1 dude, then nobody is going to drop 25K or any semi-significant amount of cash on drugs when they can just kill them and take them. Now, chances are people will still attempt to kill the NPC, but them being better armed and more of them at higher tiers is to negate that.

Plus, what they could, and should, do is make it so that when you shoot one of the NPC's at the deal, you lose a small amount of your drug dealer XP (which they will need to determine your drug dealer rank anyway, so this would play in). This negates the player from killing the NPC's and just spending the money because it will take them a little longer to rank up their drug dealer level because they've been untrustworthy in deals and such. It wouldn't be too big of a drop so that dealing if you kill the NPC's would end up with no net profit in DDXP (drug dealer XP) but wont be as quick as those who do a legit deal and pay.

Except 2 problems.

Did you read my post fully bcuz all of this is possible with my idea.  This is part of free mode so of course you can get some friends to tag along when you buy drugs so you don't get killed,  help you jack the dealer or be there to protect you from jackers.  I even stated that in the post "be sure to have some friends with you bcuz you may get jacked".  Maybe I'm minsunderstanding what you're saying.

Its also possible to give your friends drugs.  Highlight the drugs on your weapon wheel and press X or Y to drop them just like you can weapons and ammo.  All they have to do is deposit all their money so they don't have any on them when they pick up the drugs you drop.  This way they aren't charged.  The NPC would consider this a jack as you're not paying but you as the player can just ignore that your buddy didn't pay.

I never said it wasn't possible. I was just inputting my own ideas aswell so we could have a discussion about this theoretical improvement to GTA Online. I'm just throwing in my ideas to the general discussion. Keep in mind everything I suggest comes from my opinion based on my interest/involvement in the field (game development) and what theoretically I would do or what I think works, but remember, it's just my opinion.

You shouldn't have to force players to deposit their money so they aren't charged and should have to face negative reprocussions by an NPC because you were cooperating with someone. Where it's just as easy for them to add a Right D-Pad "Deal" mechanic that will ask the nearest NPC if they want to buy some drugs. If they do, your character and the NPC will do a trade-off animation, if not they'll do something that indicates they say no and keep on walking away. That way it's easy and you can distribute drugs amongst your people and still deal.

Theoretically, drug networks could form and crews could form that intend to deal drugs. Leaders of these crews theoretically stock up on these drugs and then hand them off to their own guys, who in turn sell them on the streets to the buyers. They then take the money and give it back to the guy who gave them the drugs to sell, keeping a portion of it for their troubles.

You know...like how most drug dealing IRL works.

But I digress. These are just my thoughts on it.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:21 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 08 December 2013 - 03:35 AM.

@Will Troll

I read your post. I just misunderstood it.  I guess since low level deals with an NPC or two with pistols and big deals with an arsenal of NPCs with AKs was a given I assumed you were talking about players.  My mistake.

A drug dealer XP to determine your status could work but IMO isnt necessary.  We don't need to be officially ranked a Hustler or Baller.  Drug dealing is just a crime for cash like stealing cars and selling them or robbing stores.  You aren't ranked for those so I don't see why we should be ranked for this.  I was thinking R* simply add 3 stats to your character's info along with number of stores robbed and number of cars stolen.  They are 1) number of addicts sold to,  2) number of packages sold and 3) number of briefcases sold".  All 3 would of course give you achievments but the 1st two would unlock the status.  For example,  sell to say 100 addicts and you unlock Baller status which unlocks the ability to sell packages.  Sell 100 packages and unlock Kingpin status which unlocks the ability to sell briefcases.

As for losing drug dealing RP for shooting NPCs,  this could be problematic.  R* would need to differentiate killing a NPC that's trying to jack and killing them when jacking them.  I wouldn't want to get negative rep for shooting them in self defense.  I think it would be more simple if we get a momentary negative rep from the contact if we jack a NPC.  In other words if we take the drugs without paying they wont give you any more work for a short period of time like a few GTA days or more.

You say you shouldn't have to force players to deposit their money so they aren't charged.  I disagree.  This logic is part of the sale process of my idea.  You walk over the drugs to pick it up and money is automatically deducted from your person.  Have no money on you when you pick up the drugs and it triggers the jack AND.  This also allows you to give drugs to your friends for free.  You say use a d-pad.  Well 1st you don't just walk up to ppl and ask them if they want to buy drugs.  Narcs do sh*t like that.  lol  Real drug dealers are sought after by the buyers.

2nd,  using the d-pad and waiting on a trade off animation is unnecessary.  That's extra coding and an extra animation.  We dont give our friends weapons and ammo with a animation so why do drugs this way?  Using the weapon/ammo drop mechanic is much faster and already present in the game.  All that's required is R* adding the drugs to your weapon wheel.  If they want to add an animation for it then cool but not needed IMO.

Yes drug networks could form,  leaders of these crews could stock up on drugs and hand them off to their guys, who in turn sell them on the streets then take the money back to leader keeping a portion of it for their troubles and thats essentially whats possible with my idea.  The difference with your suggestion is bringing back the money to the leader.  With my idea money is paid up front (which is mostly how drug deals go IRL).  With your idea ppl would have to bring back what they owe (which happens less IRL due to the threat of ppl not paying).  Regardless,  how would ppl give the owed money back to their leader?  Better yet why when everyone will most likely have the money to pay up front?

Cvxxi
  • Cvxxi

New World Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

This is a much more articulate concept than the other thread, well done.
Still, I'm skeptical R* is willing/capable of integrating unplanned content of any real significance. At this point I imagine they keep the dev drones far too busy patching exploits and trolling YouTube for the newest glitches.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

This is a much more articulate concept than the other thread, well done.
Still, I'm skeptical R* is willing/capable of integrating unplanned content of any real significance. At this point I imagine they keep the dev drones far too busy patching exploits and trolling YouTube for the newest glitches.

Thanks.  I'm sure they are capable.  Like I said it uses mechanics that are already in the game. The question is are they willing?  Yeah it sux their plans as well as the potential implimenttion of ideas like this are haulted by all the clowns who don't want to play the game to earn money. 

Colognenigguh
  • Colognenigguh

OG

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

We need this !

Gatti Sosa
  • Gatti Sosa

Homie

• BUSTED!
  • Israel

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

To make this short this is a great idea. It's just a base idea for rockstar meaning I'm sure rockstar will make the necessary changes to make it work.

Great job OP.  

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

I didnt read this its to long, but if we are talking about drug dealing i am in for sure lol.
  • robban likes this

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Great idea... They need computer based drug cartels. And players can join crews defend turf... Rob other players.... Blow up drug houses.... Pay off police... The more you sale the better chance the police swat teams raids you etc

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

they should just follow the gta:chinatown wars method of drug dealing, that sh*t was awesome

robban
  • robban

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Here is another drug dealing suggestion:]

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064032972

Colognenigguh
  • Colognenigguh

OG

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

The prizes for diffrent drugs should vary based on which location you are at I think someone already mentioned that. For example you can sell more weed in strawberry and more expensive in mirror park to the hipsters.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

Great idea... They need computer based drug cartels. And players can join crews defend turf... Rob other players.... Blow up drug houses.... Pay off police... The more you sale the better chance the police swat teams raids you etc

Yeah man all that sounds awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users