Quantcast

» «
Photo

What about this for drug dealing in free mode?

30 replies to this topic
BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:34 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 08 June 2014 - 09:27 PM.

For a quick summary scroll to the bottom.  For a detailed description of each level read on.

I think most will agree that this is one of the most wanted things in GTA.  It not only adds another avenue to make money but it also adds more action to free mode.  This idea doesn't require any major additional mechanics as it uses mechanics that are already present in the game (gang attacks,  armor truck feature and the weapon wheel drops).  The only real addition needed would be another stat  added to the "Cash" section of "Stats" on the pause menu called "money made from drug sales".  Anyway,  there are 3 levels to this.  Hustler,  Baller and Kingpin.   Each level is unlocked the more drug sales you make. 1st I'll explain how this will work with NPCs which is the default system then with players.

Dealing with NPCs

Hustler - Everyone will start off at this level.  Basically you must call Gerald and choose the "Request a drug package" option.  He will then tell you to go pick it up from a random location.  A drug package icon will pop up on the map (just like the vehicle icon for Simeon's imports).  Go to the icon and pick up the package.  You will be greeted by a NPC sent by Gerald. He will drop the package and you simply walk over it to pick it up.  Once you pick it up $$$ will be automatically deducted from the cash on your person not your bank account.  You don't buy drugs with a credit card lol so you must have cash on you.

If you don't have the money on you and try to pick up the package the supplier will consider it a jack and shoot you.  If you simply don't want to pay then make sure you have no cash on you then jack him.  You might want to kill him and anyone else with him 1st then pick up the package but its up to you.  Regardless,  after you pick up the package a package icon is then added to your weapon wheel under mele with 1/10 next to it which means you have 1 package containing 10 portions or sales.

From here you go to one of the many drug selling areas on the map which show up as big colored spots like gang attacks or crate drops.  This spot will be colored white.  As mentioned above this is where the gang attack mechanic comes in.  Once inside the area the activity will be activated.  In this case its selling instead of killing.  You simply sell your portions to the little blips that show up on the map.  You can either let the addicts come to you or go to the them.

Selling can work in 2 ways (whichever R* feels is bets).  We could either select the package on the weapon wheel under mele and then press the trigger to drop it or it can be done like weapon and ammo drops where you highlight the package on the weapon wheel and press X to drop a portion.  I prefer the 2nd option so we can keep our weapons equipped incase we need to shoot.  Anyway,  once the NPC picks up the portion $$$ will be deposited into your on person amount unless of course its a jack.  If it is a jack then of course you must kill them to make them drop your drugs.  Then walk over it to recollect it.  After you sell a certain number of packages you will be introduced to a new contact and move up to Baller status allowing you to make bigger deals.

Baller - Once you reach this level Gerald will introduce you to his contact.  You then call the new contact for drugs the same as you did Gerald.  You will also receive text offering you work.  Either way once the deal is triggered the contact will tell you to meet him at a certain location.  This time a briefcase icon will pop up on the map.  Go to the icon to make the deal.  Once there simply walk over the briefcase to pick it up and $$$ will be automatically deducted from the cash on your person not your bank account.

Again,  if you don't have the money on you and try to pick up the briefcase the supplier will consider it a jack and shoot you.  If you simply don't want to pay then deposit your cash 1st so none is deducted when you walk over the case then jack him.  You might want to kill him and anyone else with him 1st then pick up the briefcase but its up to you.  Either way once you pick up the briefcase a briefcase icon will then be added to your weapon wheel under mele with 1/10 next to it which this time means you have 1 briefcase containing 10 packages.

From here instead of going to the drug spots you will recieve random calls asking for work.  If you accept then a blip will appear on the map.  Go to it and make the sale (be sure to have some friends with you bcuz you may get jacked).  :lol:  Again,  selling can work in 2 ways.  We could either select the briefcase on the weapon wheel under mele and then press the trigger to drop a package or it can be done like weapon and ammo drops where you highlight the case on the weapon wheel and press X to drop the briefcase or Y to drop only a package (I prefer this option bcuz then you can give your friends drugs to sell).  Anyway,  once the NPC picks up the portion $$$ will be deposited into your on person amount unless of course its a jack.  If it is then again you must kill them to make them drop your drugs.  Then walk over it to recollect it.   After you sell a certain number of briefcases you will be introduced to a new contact and move up to Kingpin status allowing you to make bigger deals.

Kingpin - Once you reach this level you again will be introduced to a new contact.  This time you cant call them.  You must wait until he calls you which will be something like once every few GTA days to maybe once every GTA week (whatever is a good balance so ppl arent getting rich too fast).  Anyway,  once the deal is set up the contact will tell you to meet him at a certain location.  The difference this time is instead of briefcases the drugs will be inside a van or truck so a vehicle icon will pop up on the map.  Go to the icon to make the deal.

Once there simply jump in the van or truck and $$$ will be automatically deducted from the cash on your person not your bank account.  Again,  if you don't have the money on you and try to jump in the van or truck the supplier will consider it a jack and his crew will shoot you.  If you simply don't want to pay then again deposit your cash 1st so none is deducted when you jump in the van or truck.  Also,  again you might want to kill everyone 1st then jump in the van or truck but its up to you.

Regardless,  unlike packages and briefcases the vans/trucks are not immediately yours.  You must 1st deliver them to your safehouse to claim themHere is where the armor truck feature comes in.  Once in route a vehicle icon will appear on the map displaying the location of your van or truck for everyone to see.  They will get an anonymous call or text telling them a major drug transport is in route (maybe the guy you jacked could put out a hit on you and reward whoever brings back his drugs).  Regardless,  ppl can then jack you.  If you are the jacker once you steal the vehicle you must also take the van or truck to your safehouse to claim it.  Once that is done a briefcase icon will then be added to your weapon wheel under mele with 10/10 next to it which this time means you have 10 briefcase containing 10 packages each.

From here again you will recieve random calls asking for work.  If you accept then a blip will appear on the map.  Go to it and make the sale (again be sure to have some friends with you bcuz you may get jacked).  :lol:  Again selling will work one of two ways as mentioned above.

Dealing with Players

Everything is pretty much the same but there are a few differences.  Either the dealer can open his phone and send out a mass text saying he's open for business or he can call individual ppl to set up a deal or buyers can call dealers and request the drugs.  You guys then meet up and make the deal.  The supplier will open his weapon wheel,  highlight the drug icon and press X or Y to drop whats being sold.  The Hustler must then walk over it to pick it up.  Paying for the drugs can be done in one of two ways.  The 1st way is once the buyer collects the drugs the amount is deducted from his on person cash and deposited into the dealers on person cash.  The 2nd way is through the share cash feature as in once the buyer collects the drugs he must give the dealer the $$$ via share cash feature.

Summary

Hustler - Call Gerald or a player Baller.  Meet and pick up the package.  $$$ is then automatically deducted from the cash you have on your person.  You can jack them by either picking up the package with no money on your person or by killing everyone 1st then picking up the package.  Regardless, the package is then added to your weapon wheel under mele with 1/10 next to it which means 1 package containing 10 sales.  To sell go to a sell spot on the map and activate the area like gang attacks.  Go up to the blips and highlight the package on your weapon wheel then press X to drop a portion.  Once the NPC picks it up $$$ will be added to your on person amount unless of course its a jack.  If it is you must kill them to get back your drugs.  After a certain amount of package sells you will unlock Baller status.

Baller - Call NPC Kingpin or player Kingpin.  Meet and pick up the briefcase.  $$$ is then automatically deducted from the cash you have on your person. You can jack by either picking up the briefcase with no money on your person or by killing everyone 1st then picking up the briefcase.   Regardless the briefcase is added to your weapon wheel under mele with 1/10 next to it which means 1 briefcase containing 10 packages.  To sell you highlight the briefcase on your weapon wheel and pressing X to drop a package. Once the NPC or player picks it up $$$ will be added to your on person amount unless of course its a jack.  If it is you must kill them to get back your drugs.  After a certain amount of briefcase sells you will move up to Kingpin status.

Kingpin - Call the contact.  Meet and pick up the van or truck.  $$$ is then automatically deducted from the cash you have on your person. You can jack by either getting in the van or truck with no money on your person or by killing everyone 1st then getting in the van or truck.  Regardless,  unlike packages and briefcases the drugs are not immediately added to your weapon wheel.  You must deliver the vans or trucks to your safehouse or garage 1st.  Once in route a vehicle icon will appear on the map displaying the location of your van or truck (like armored trucks or Simeon's imports) and ppl can then jack you.  If you are the jacker you must also take the van or truck to your safehouse or garage to claim it.  Regardless,  once that is done a crate icon will then be added to your weapon wheel under mele with 1/10 which means 1 crate containing 10 briefcases.

Thoughts?

• dreadluxx, GTA DUDE05 and Shotty Pop like this

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

good stuff

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:50 AM

Way more important things they need to add to this game before they should start working on something like this.

• ZeroF0rce likes this

xNinjaStarfishx
  • xNinjaStarfishx

Happy Happy Joy Joy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

Spuds like you shild work ah Rockstar

EarlyLifeFailure
  • EarlyLifeFailure

Ya Cuncha

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Great idea but the glitchers will glitch it...

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

Maybe in the next gtao.

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

static.comic######m/uploads/original/14/149746/3479795-9458378239-2e1a9.jpg

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Relying on another player is going to cause problems. I think it's best if everything can be done solo, perhaps with an incentive to work with other players.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Good stuff, reminds me of the drug dealing game on my calculator from middle school
  • brose_sfr likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Or you can get the drug packages from NPCs and then sell the drugs to actual online players and it will give them a brief stat boost...........but you can't use your own drugs, you have to buy them from other players to use it "don't get high off your own supply."

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

tldr

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 06 December 2013 - 10:28 PM.

^ ^ 

Well there is a summarized version at the bottom of the post.  Regardless,  whats the point in telling me you didn't read it?  You think saying that makes you look cool?

Great idea but the glitchers will glitch it...

How?  Every feature this uses is in the game already and they aren't getting glitched.  Are ppl glitching gang attacks?  What about the weapon/ammo drop feature?  Please read it 1st before guessing ways to shoot it down.

Relying on another player is going to cause problems. I think it's best if everything can be done solo, perhaps with an incentive to work with other players.

I'm not sure what you meant by this.  Are you talking about the share cash part?  I took it as that's what you meant so I thought about it and made changes for that.  Please reread if you have time.  Thanks.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

You must deliver the vans or trucks to your safehouse 1st (must have an available space) to claim the contents

No.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Selling drugs to players is generally pointless. But this seems all feasible mechanically.

Except 2 problems.

1.) What Bigsull said. I should not have to have room in my garage.

2.) The higher tier you are of obtaining drugs, aka maybe the dealer at "Hustler" status is just a guy with a baretta or something.

As you get promoted to Baller, the drop becomes a couple guys, perhaps the dealer in the middle and 2 guards on either side of him. His guards have UZI's, he has a baretta.

Once you reach Kingpin, it's a full arsenal of dudes, armed with everything from uzi's to AK-47's.

This way if you decide to fight, you dont just pop one dude. For the less skilled, this may mean incorporating their buddies into it, making it a plan of jacking the product, and then selling.

Honestly, I believe the player interaction should be more focused on cooperation. Aka having buddies help you jack shipments...protect yours etc. You should be able to give some of your on-hand drugs to your friends, then you could essentially and theoretically, have your group hijack the Kingpin level of drugs. Then when the coast is clear at your safehouse, you split the drugs amongst the group and then they go out to sell (anywhere, details below). This allows for a drug network between crews/friends/people to be created. This would mean, you shouldn't have to ALWAYS wait for a work message. Typically when drugs are sold IRL, it's delegated to street dealers who go to areas where they have higher chances of selling.

Drugs should be an inventory item like ciggarettes and be useable and droppable, dropping being how you share them. However if you were to press right on the D-Pad on the drugs in that, it would attempt to sell it to the nearest NPC, in which they can decline or accept and pay you. No dots, no radar alerting you of who can and cant be sold to. Make it on the dealer to reach out and find peds. And of course, certain peds would be more interested. Bums, low lifes, gang members, etc.

I could go alot more into detail on how I would set this up, because I haven't even talked about my vision on how you could incorporate not friendly, but hostile players.

• G4M6L3 likes this

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 07 December 2013 - 12:34 AM.

Selling drugs to players is generally pointless. But this seems all feasible mechanically.

Except 2 problems.

2.) The higher tier you are of obtaining drugs, aka maybe the dealer at "Hustler" status is just a guy with a baretta or something.

1)  It was just the 1st thought.  I have the base idea laid out now so I plan on tuning this idea as time passes.  After thinking about the "must have an available space" part maybe R* could just make it so once you hit your garage and the enter cutscene happens you made it.  They could also maybe allow us to buy a 2nd garage.  Lastly they could also make one of the random garages around the map a destination.  Regardless,  I took the "must have an available space" part off.  Thanks for the input.

2)  I don't see the point in that.  Regardless,  it would be impossible to achieve.  Everyone has more than a pistol now.  This is about adding another side activity and nothing more.

Honestly, I believe the player interaction should be more focused on cooperation. Aka having buddies help you jack shipments...protect yours etc. You should be able to give some of your on-hand drugs to your friends, then you could essentially and theoretically, have your group hijack the Kingpin level of drugs. Then when the coast is clear at your safehouse, you split the drugs amongst the group and then they go out to sell (anywhere, details below). This allows for a drug network between crews/friends/people to be created. This would mean, you shouldn't have to ALWAYS wait for a work message. Typically when drugs are sold IRL, it's delegated to street dealers who go to areas where they have higher chances of selling.

Drugs should be an inventory item like ciggarettes and be useable and droppable, dropping being how you share them. However if you were to press right on the D-Pad on the drugs in that, it would attempt to sell it to the nearest NPC, in which they can decline or accept and pay you. No dots, no radar alerting you of who can and cant be sold to. Make it on the dealer to reach out and find peds. And of course, certain peds would be more interested. Bums, low lifes, gang members, etc.

I could go alot more into detail on how I would set this up, because I haven't even talked about my vision on how you could incorporate not friendly, but hostile players.

Did you read my post fully bcuz all of this is possible with my idea.  This is part of free mode so of course you can get some friends to tag along when you buy drugs so you don't get killed,  help you jack the dealer or be there to protect you from jackers.  I even stated that in the post "be sure to have some friends with you bcuz you may get jacked".  Maybe I'm minsunderstanding what you're saying.

Its also possible to give your friends drugs.  Highlight the drugs on your weapon wheel and press X or Y to drop them just like you can weapons and ammo.  All they have to do is deposit all their money so they don't have any on them when they pick up the drugs you drop.  This way they aren't charged.  The NPC would consider this a jack as you're not paying but you as the player can just ignore that your buddy didn't pay.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

Yo OP, ever played China town wars? I think that system with more people included is the best. Like instead of the drop box idea you have (nothing agaisnt your idea) it would be more like a random set of npc drug dealers who are scattered around the entire map. (that way with only 16 people, you dont all focus on the same dude) Each drug dealer was in a different area of town, prices for different drugs varied on different parts of town. So it would benefit you if you flew to say Paleto pay, (which reminds me of humbolt county) bought 10 pounds of sticky icky... then flew back to LS and sold it on Groove street for 2x more. 

In that game prices varied on location, time ect.... different drug dealers had different deals at different times and were in different spots at certain times ect... was a good mini game in CTW.... ALSO it wasnt that easy... cops would break up the busts, follow you, ect... you would have other gangs come in and break up your deal... all sorts of sh*t... So add other players tying to do the same thing... everyone gets a text that weed is selling cheap in Paleto bay... so they all go there to try to get it... well there isnt unlimited weed and there's gonna be a shoot out. then they all try to fly to LS to sell it where it is in high demand... competition happens here too... 

Also I think drugs should be looser than money like... if you get killed by cops they take your drugs on hand... if you get killed by another player.. you drop your drugs... if you die in a wreck.. same... dropping them.. this allows for you to go pick them up agaisn for such cases.... 

You dont have to carry all your drugs on hand as there is a stash at home ect.... just like CTW.. 

Overall it was a much more simple version of yours... no ranks ect.... however I think simplicity is what this game needs... People being able to stock up on weed and be patient enough for it to come in when there isnt 6 people fighting over who gets the deal should be rewarded as much as the one who runs back and forth constantly gaining "RP" 

Anyways.. Im not tryin to bring your idea down or anything, perhaps just making discussion... what if is were like something Rockstar already had in play in a previous game? 

• ParanoiaX and Mrowain123 like this

dwallen
  • dwallen

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

I think you did a good job OP. The only thing I would suggest is, stick to NPC. The player to player deal would be some really tough programming and we all no how R* does with that type of stress. 

Would be alot of fun and add a whole other story/basis to the game. Again, good job OP! +1

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:36 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 07 December 2013 - 01:49 AM.

^ ^

Thanks and I disagree about player vs player requiring really tough programming.  As stated all the work is already done as the mechanics required are already in the game.  Basically we're using the weapon drop feature.  Player A (supplier) highlights the drugs on his weapon wheel and presses X to drop it.  Player B (buyer) simply walks over it to collect it. Payment is automatically deducted from player B's on person cash (not bank account). 

@ G_Masta_Phunk

No problem man.  Well that would work too but the reason I didn't suggest CTW drug system is bcuz it would require a lot more programming since you are adding something entirely new.  What I did was come up with something that uses the already current mechanics so its easier to implemented.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:01 AM Edited by Will Troll, 07 December 2013 - 02:02 AM.

Except 2 problems.

1)  It was just the 1st thought.  I have the base idea laid out now so I plan on tuning this idea as time passes.  After thinking about the "must have an available space" part maybe R* could just make it so once you hit your garage and the enter cutscene happens you made it.  They could also maybe allow us to buy a 2nd garage.  Lastly they could also make one of the random garages around the map a destination.  Regardless,  I took the "must have an available space" part off.  Thanks for the input.

2)  I don't see the point in that.  Regardless,  it would be impossible to achieve.  Everyone has more than a pistol now.  This is about adding another side activity and nothing more.

For your response to number 2, you clearly haven't read my post. I don't give a f*ck what the player is carrying or uses, but I'm saying that each tier, the NPC you buy drugs from should be better protected. If you're buying Kingpin level drugs from 1 dude, then nobody is going to drop 25K or any semi-significant amount of cash on drugs when they can just kill them and take them. Now, chances are people will still attempt to kill the NPC, but them being better armed and more of them at higher tiers is to negate that.

Plus, what they could, and should, do is make it so that when you shoot one of the NPC's at the deal, you lose a small amount of your drug dealer XP (which they will need to determine your drug dealer rank anyway, so this would play in). This negates the player from killing the NPC's and just spending the money because it will take them a little longer to rank up their drug dealer level because they've been untrustworthy in deals and such. It wouldn't be too big of a drop so that dealing if you kill the NPC's would end up with no net profit in DDXP (drug dealer XP) but wont be as quick as those who do a legit deal and pay.

Except 2 problems.

Did you read my post fully bcuz all of this is possible with my idea.  This is part of free mode so of course you can get some friends to tag along when you buy drugs so you don't get killed,  help you jack the dealer or be there to protect you from jackers.  I even stated that in the post "be sure to have some friends with you bcuz you may get jacked".  Maybe I'm minsunderstanding what you're saying.

Its also possible to give your friends drugs.  Highlight the drugs on your weapon wheel and press X or Y to drop them just like you can weapons and ammo.  All they have to do is deposit all their money so they don't have any on them when they pick up the drugs you drop.  This way they aren't charged.  The NPC would consider this a jack as you're not paying but you as the player can just ignore that your buddy didn't pay.

I never said it wasn't possible. I was just inputting my own ideas aswell so we could have a discussion about this theoretical improvement to GTA Online. I'm just throwing in my ideas to the general discussion. Keep in mind everything I suggest comes from my opinion based on my interest/involvement in the field (game development) and what theoretically I would do or what I think works, but remember, it's just my opinion.

You shouldn't have to force players to deposit their money so they aren't charged and should have to face negative reprocussions by an NPC because you were cooperating with someone. Where it's just as easy for them to add a Right D-Pad "Deal" mechanic that will ask the nearest NPC if they want to buy some drugs. If they do, your character and the NPC will do a trade-off animation, if not they'll do something that indicates they say no and keep on walking away. That way it's easy and you can distribute drugs amongst your people and still deal.

Theoretically, drug networks could form and crews could form that intend to deal drugs. Leaders of these crews theoretically stock up on these drugs and then hand them off to their own guys, who in turn sell them on the streets to the buyers. They then take the money and give it back to the guy who gave them the drugs to sell, keeping a portion of it for their troubles.

You know...like how most drug dealing IRL works.

But I digress. These are just my thoughts on it.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:21 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 08 December 2013 - 03:35 AM.

@Will Troll

I read your post. I just misunderstood it.  I guess since low level deals with an NPC or two with pistols and big deals with an arsenal of NPCs with AKs was a given I assumed you were talking about players.  My mistake.

A drug dealer XP to determine your status could work but IMO isnt necessary.  We don't need to be officially ranked a Hustler or Baller.  Drug dealing is just a crime for cash like stealing cars and selling them or robbing stores.  You aren't ranked for those so I don't see why we should be ranked for this.  I was thinking R* simply add 3 stats to your character's info along with number of stores robbed and number of cars stolen.  They are 1) number of addicts sold to,  2) number of packages sold and 3) number of briefcases sold".  All 3 would of course give you achievments but the 1st two would unlock the status.  For example,  sell to say 100 addicts and you unlock Baller status which unlocks the ability to sell packages.  Sell 100 packages and unlock Kingpin status which unlocks the ability to sell briefcases.

As for losing drug dealing RP for shooting NPCs,  this could be problematic.  R* would need to differentiate killing a NPC that's trying to jack and killing them when jacking them.  I wouldn't want to get negative rep for shooting them in self defense.  I think it would be more simple if we get a momentary negative rep from the contact if we jack a NPC.  In other words if we take the drugs without paying they wont give you any more work for a short period of time like a few GTA days or more.

You say you shouldn't have to force players to deposit their money so they aren't charged.  I disagree.  This logic is part of the sale process of my idea.  You walk over the drugs to pick it up and money is automatically deducted from your person.  Have no money on you when you pick up the drugs and it triggers the jack AND.  This also allows you to give drugs to your friends for free.  You say use a d-pad.  Well 1st you don't just walk up to ppl and ask them if they want to buy drugs.  Narcs do sh*t like that.  lol  Real drug dealers are sought after by the buyers.

2nd,  using the d-pad and waiting on a trade off animation is unnecessary.  That's extra coding and an extra animation.  We dont give our friends weapons and ammo with a animation so why do drugs this way?  Using the weapon/ammo drop mechanic is much faster and already present in the game.  All that's required is R* adding the drugs to your weapon wheel.  If they want to add an animation for it then cool but not needed IMO.

Yes drug networks could form,  leaders of these crews could stock up on drugs and hand them off to their guys, who in turn sell them on the streets then take the money back to leader keeping a portion of it for their troubles and thats essentially whats possible with my idea.  The difference with your suggestion is bringing back the money to the leader.  With my idea money is paid up front (which is mostly how drug deals go IRL).  With your idea ppl would have to bring back what they owe (which happens less IRL due to the threat of ppl not paying).  Regardless,  how would ppl give the owed money back to their leader?  Better yet why when everyone will most likely have the money to pay up front?

Cvxxi
  • Cvxxi

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

This is a much more articulate concept than the other thread, well done.
Still, I'm skeptical R* is willing/capable of integrating unplanned content of any real significance. At this point I imagine they keep the dev drones far too busy patching exploits and trolling YouTube for the newest glitches.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

This is a much more articulate concept than the other thread, well done.
Still, I'm skeptical R* is willing/capable of integrating unplanned content of any real significance. At this point I imagine they keep the dev drones far too busy patching exploits and trolling YouTube for the newest glitches.

Thanks.  I'm sure they are capable.  Like I said it uses mechanics that are already in the game. The question is are they willing?  Yeah it sux their plans as well as the potential implimenttion of ideas like this are haulted by all the clowns who don't want to play the game to earn money. 

Colognenigguh
  • Colognenigguh

OG

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

We need this !

Shotty Pop
  • Shotty Pop

Thug

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

To make this short this is a great idea. It's just a base idea for rockstar meaning I'm sure rockstar will make the necessary changes to make it work.

Great job OP.  

/////
  • /////

German Muscle.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

I didnt read this its to long, but if we are talking about drug dealing i am in for sure lol.

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Great idea... They need computer based drug cartels. And players can join crews defend turf... Rob other players.... Blow up drug houses.... Pay off police... The more you sale the better chance the police swat teams raids you etc

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

they should just follow the gta:chinatown wars method of drug dealing, that sh*t was awesome

robban
  • robban

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Here is another drug dealing suggestion:]

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064032972

Colognenigguh
  • Colognenigguh

OG

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

The prizes for diffrent drugs should vary based on which location you are at I think someone already mentioned that. For example you can sell more weed in strawberry and more expensive in mirror park to the hipsters.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

Great idea... They need computer based drug cartels. And players can join crews defend turf... Rob other players.... Blow up drug houses.... Pay off police... The more you sale the better chance the police swat teams raids you etc

Yeah man all that sounds awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users