» «
Photo

Nelson Mandela Dead Age 95

186 replies to this topic
W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:48 PM Edited by Werebot85, 12 December 2013 - 01:18 PM.

I'm no expert in sign language (in fact I know nothing about it), but I've seen loads of sign language interpreters on our tv over the years, and the moment I saw that guy I thought something looked funny. He rarely used his fingers, mostly just his hands and arms. Then later I saw on the news that he was fake or whatever... I knew it!!

Also, I love Desmond Tutu. Amazing man. I think he made the very last speech at the memorial service, and I don't think I've ever seen him as furious as he was at the unruly crowd... He was really angry haha!

(We went to the Union Buildings this morning to pay our respects btw. Maybe we're on TV somewhere lol? :pp )

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:52 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 12 December 2013 - 12:52 PM.

http://metro.co.uk/2...-it-up-4226303/

https://www.youtube....JlttIL2PSs#t=20

A fake sign language guy at Mandela's memorial? It's been a while since I laughed so hard. The context of this situation is just pure comedy gold. It sounds like a scene from a Leslie Nielsen movie.

*Maximum Trolling*

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Btw, that guy claims he has schizophrenia and that he experienced hallucinations of angels and whatever at the time. Yeah. Right!

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

2013 Troll of the Year!

5b7d1bbfdbd5f7894608deff4980167f.jpg

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

I think it's probable that he might have some kind of mental problem. I mean surely there's no way he would legitimately actually for one minute think that he could just bluff his way through the whole thing without anyone noticing. Still funny as f*ck though. How did he even get clearance though? What if instead of the angels telling him to go make up some  bullsh*t gestures, they told him to try and assassinate one of the many world leaders seated close to him. Who the hell let that guy on stage?

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by Vlynor, 13 December 2013 - 04:12 PM.

I think it's probable that he might have some kind of mental problem. I mean surely there's no way he would legitimately actually for one minute think that he could just bluff his way through the whole thing without anyone noticing. Still funny as f*ck though. How did he even get clearance though? What if instead of the angels telling him to go make up some  bullsh*t gestures, they told him to try and assassinate one of the many world leaders seated close to him. Who the hell let that guy on stage?

It's entirely the South African government's fault. The U.S. and other world leaders have to have their protection do their own research on the people who are going to be there, but get little say on who the host country picks and they have to adapt to that.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Questions were raised about him in mid 2012 too when he was the interpreter at an ANC conference or whatever where Jacob Zuma made a speech. Back then he was also using unknown gestures.

DeafSA warned the organizers of the memorial about him but they were ignored. He is not recognized by anyone in the deaf community, not by DeafSA and not by any of the SA sign language interpreters. He was from a private firm that probably got a nice sum of money every time he was hired, but that firm has now completely disappeared it seems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users