Photo

Nelson Mandela Dead Age 95

186 replies to this topic
Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

I just realized that it was on The Daily Currant, which is a fake newsite. God damnit.

But it totally sounds like something he would say. He already compared himself to Jesus... more than once

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 10 December 2013 - 06:46 PM.

131210105851-obama-selfie-story-top.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uFlwqQD.jpg

Michelle is pissed :lol:
  • Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by Werebot85, 10 December 2013 - 07:09 PM.

HAHAHAHA!! That second photo made me lol!!

Who is that woman btw?

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:59 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 10 December 2013 - 07:01 PM.

So Kanye West says he is the next Nelson Mandela, he is seriously insane. Wtf

""I am the next Nelson Mandela," West responded. "I'm only 36 years old, and when I look at everything I've accomplished, it's the only comparison that makes any sense. By the time I'm 95, I'm going to be a bigger hero than he ever was.

"Nelson Mandela did a lot of good work, don't get me wrong. But I think I'm on track to do something even bigger. I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever."

http://dailycurrant....nelson-mandela/

Edit, it's the god damn daily currant, ergh, I can't believe I didn't even notice.

It speaks volumes about Mr West when it's more shocking to find out this was a joke and not genuine.

Obama's speech was truly magnificent.

Indeed. I heard the teleprompter got pretty emotional too.

131210105851-obama-selfie-story-top.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uFlwqQD.jpg

Michelle is pissed :lol:

Why does she always have that expression etched on her face like she wants to personally castrate every male on the planet? She sincerely frightens me.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

Who is that woman btw?

She is the Prime Minister of Denmark!

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Who is that woman btw?

8/10

Hey, if I was Cameron, I wouldn't say no to a spit with her and Obama.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

Rest in peace.

;_;

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

f*ck off.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Do you enjoy pissing on other people's graves?

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Who is that woman btw?

Thanks! :^:

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

When any political representation for yourself has been made illegal, when 80% of the population, the natives, are not allowed to vote in their own land.. when they protest peacefully and are massacred in the streets while unarmed, when they are treated like worthless slaves by a foreign oppressor among other..  When they decide violence is the only option to break their bondage and take a course of action which puts the people at the least risk while still being viable.. it no longer becomes terrorism, its no longer murder, its no longer criminal or unjust.. it becomes fighting for your freedom, for what is rightfully yours.

The man is not a terrorist, he is a hero the world around and he is deserving of respect. Words cannot describe what a terrible thing it is to attempt to degrade what this man stood for and what he accomplished.. Especially so soon after his passing.. in a thread designed to honor him. When he finally gained power, he spent his life not only trying to make things equal for the native African population.. He also took it as his goal to prevent any reprisals, without this man its arguable there would have been a genocide on the whites... and now that he has died, people are fearing it will happen.

He is a hero of all races and countries, of all the oppressed and mistreated in the world...to disrespect him is to show yourself ignorant of what really happened. I had someone tell me the other day he was "responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths"

That sums it up right there pretty much, the ignorance involved in a remark like that...  Apartheid was a brutal thing, the global community stood behind the ANC even before they were assured power and were a main reason they did. Things could have been unconscionably worse if not for the efforts of Madiba.

Save the bullsh*t remarks and videos like that for yourself, no one here wants to hear such ignorant garbage, Chunky.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

The man is not a terrorist, he is a hero the world around and he is deserving of respect. Words cannot describe what a terrible thing it is to attempt to degrade what this man stood for and what he accomplished.. Especially so soon after his passing.. in a thread designed to honor him. When he finally gained power, he spent his life not only trying to make things equal for the native African population.. He also took it as his goal to prevent any reprisals, without this man its arguable there would have been a genocide on the whites... and now that he has died, people are fearing it will happen.

Well SA is listed on Genocide Watch, refering to white farmers who become victims of brutal murders that could be motivated by personal gain or more likely racial hatred (as evidenced by some cases where victims are tortured before death). Mandela did try something at preventing it by setting up a rural protection plan with commandos, but that probably wasn't enough. The commandos were disbanded after Mandela stepped down as president and the murders increased.

Things haven't improved much, especially when Zuma sang the infamous "kill the boer" song at an ANC rally some time ago.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

Well SA is listed on Genocide Watch, refering to white farmers who become victims of brutal murders that could be motivated by personal gain or more likely racial hatred (as evidenced by some cases where victims are tortured before death). Mandela did try something at preventing it by setting up a rural protection plan with commandos, but that probably wasn't enough. The commandos were disbanded after Mandela stepped down as president and the murders increased.

Things haven't improved much, especially when Zuma sang the infamous "kill the boer" song at an ANC rally some time ago.

Okay again, Whites in South Africa are in the most privileged areas of society, holding the most important areas of politics, economics etc. As for that site you keep mentioning I frankly had never heard of it and the only webistes that seem to link it in relation to South Africa are white power websites. Most importantly no official organisation in the world (the UN, American Congress) has classed the situation (though i don't know why i'm saying this considering there isn't really any situation in South Africa) as genocide, calling it Genocide is an insult to the hundreds of millions of people who have died due to actual genocides.

Amusingly enough, the only UN genocide thing I could find relating to South Africa was this: http://www.un.org/en.../projects.shtml at the bottom of the article. It's a small piece titled 'Case studies on constructive management of diversity' The case studies being two countries that have succeeded in averting situations of Racial/Ethnic tensions escalating, South Africa being on of them.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by biggsull, 11 December 2013 - 04:13 AM.

None of that is Mandelas fault, TBH if I were one of those blacks who grew up under apartheid Id probably be out for revenge too.. the fact Mandela wasnt, that he championed the cause of the whites just as much as the blacks.. that is what deserves respect, not what individuals and a corrupt president out for self gain have done.

Zuma was boo'd every time he showed his face to the crowd. They dont like him and the ANC are worried about losing support, even if they have something like 80% of the vote right now, losing 20% is a big deal.

Its just plain ignorant to call him a terrorist or attempt to degrade his name.. he spent 27 years in prison and came out without thinking about revenge for a second.He could have called for a bloody revolution and it would have happened the same day... instead he slowly worked it out with the people who were in power.

He's a better man than any of us could hope to be.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:15 AM Edited by AceKingston, 11 December 2013 - 02:57 PM.

<edited> 

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

The president is black and has been ever since the ANC got into power as far as I know, they have been voted in with about 80% of the vote. The societies imbalances are still there, Its not like the whites have had their wealth redistributed, it's still hard for the average native African to get a strong education and go somewhere in life.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

Okay again, Whites in South Africa are in the most privileged areas of society,

The awkward moment when you realize that South Africa's current President (Jacob Zuma) is a black...

Oh, I guess South African race disparity is over then. Congrats everyone, great job.
  • Mr. House likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:12 AM Edited by AceKingston, 11 December 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Of course it's not over. The thing is Racisim in South Africa is much less than it was in the apartheid rule. You wouldn't have imagined that S.Africa would have a Black President at that time. Also Black people do hold high positions in the society, isn't the Deputy President (Motlanthe) black too?

Also, I feel that De Klerk also deserves recognition for this, if it hadn't been for him Mandela would have never been released and apartheid would have continued but of course it was Mandela who enlightened him in the first place.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

You do realize it only ended twenty bloody years ago, do you not? Been more than twice that in the states and they're still dealing witht he fallout from that crap.

Hell, you even keep referring to these guys as 'a black'. No f*cking wonder they struggle to gain equality.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:18 AM Edited by biggsull, 11 December 2013 - 05:19 AM.

Of course it's not over. The thing is Racisim in South Africa is much less than it was in the apartheid rule. You wouldn't have imagined that S.Africa would have a Black President at that time. Also Black people do hold high positions in the society, isn't the Deputy President (Motlanthe) a black too?

Also, I feel that De Klerk also deserves recognition for this, if it hadn't been for him Mandela would have never been released and apartheid would have continued but of course it was Mandela who enlightened him in the first place.

Pretty sure the ~30 year campaign of sabotage and the international sanctions were the only reason De Klerc was so open to negotiations.. they were practically begging him to come out of prison and talk... Revolution was inevitable otherwise..It would be terrible economically... Pretty sure at first they were going to nationalize foreign assets in the country.. but were convinced to let it go. Its a massive trade hub and there are a lot of natural resources which were important for the countries putting sanctions on them.

They would never admit to it but most of the motivation for international sanctions and condemnation was economical, not moral.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:25 AM

You do realize it only ended twenty bloody years ago, do you not? Been more than twice that in the states and they're still dealing witht he fallout from that crap.

Hell, you even keep referring to these guys as 'a black'. No f*cking wonder they struggle to gain equality.

Yes and I don't deny it but there has been a great deal of improvement. Also I'm sorry I know it sounds rude to refer to them as 'black' but I couldn't think of another word.

Of course it's not over. The thing is Racisim in South Africa is much less than it was in the apartheid rule. You wouldn't have imagined that S.Africa would have a Black President at that time. Also Black people do hold high positions in the society, isn't the Deputy President (Motlanthe) a black too?

Pretty sure the ~30 year campaign of sabotage and the international sanctions were the only reason De Klerc was so open to negotiations.. they were practically begging him to come out of prison and talk... Revolution was inevitable otherwise..It would be terrible economically... Pretty sure at first they were going to nationalize foreign assets in the country.. but were convinced to let it go. Its a massive trade hub and there are a lot of natural resources which were important for the countries putting sanctions on them.

They would never admit to it but most of the motivation for international sanctions and condemnation was economical, not moral.

I've seen some people bring up this point. PW Botha (De Klerk's predecessor) too had international pressure but he was adamant. Even before he died he still remained racist. De Klerk definitely deserves some credit for seeing some sense and he even apologized for being a leader in the apartheid rule. 

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

Yes and I don't deny it but there has been a great deal of improvement. Also I'm sorry I know it sounds rude to refer to them as 'black' but I couldn't think of another word.

There's nothing rude about describing someone by their skin color, judging them by it is. I think adding the "a" made it sound a bit racist, though.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

There's nothing rude about describing someone by their skin color, judging them by it is. I think adding the "a" made it sound a bit racist, though.

Yeah I'll keep that in mind, I'm not racist by the way.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:55 AM Edited by biggsull, 11 December 2013 - 05:56 AM.

I've seen some people bring up this point. PW Botha (De Klerk's predecessor) too had international pressure but he was adamant. Even before he died he still remained racist. De Klerk definitely deserves some credit for seeing some sense and he even apologized for being a leader in the apartheid rule. 

I agree De Klerc deserved at least a modicum of respect, his predecessor was an absolute piece of sh*t, Ill give you that.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

De Klerk received a lot of respect and credit for his role in basically kickstarting transformation in SA. He is a good man and widely respected by all (well most) people in SA. He has always regarded Mandela to be the greatest man this country has ever seen...

Anyhoo, I live just a few minutes away from the Union Buildings where Mandela's body is lying in state, so we'll definitely go pay our respects either today or tomorrow...

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

Okay again, Whites in South Africa are in the most privileged areas of society, holding the most important areas of politics, economics etc. As for that site you keep mentioning I frankly had never heard of it and the only webistes that seem to link it in relation to South Africa are white power websites. 

That's probably why the issue gets so little attention, because it's cause is supported by alot of white-nationalist organisations. Even if it isn't genocide though, something should still be done.

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

It's very easy for a middle class white male living in the west who never had to experience being black during apartheid, read what Mandela did to fight apartheid, and label him a terrorist. Try living as a second class citizen who got sh*t their entire life, then judge his actions.

• Gtaghost22 likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

Okay again, Whites in South Africa are in the most privileged areas of society,

The awkward moment when you realize that South Africa's current President (Jacob Zuma) is black...

You elaborated on your other points, but at least admit that you said something stupid to begin with. If you admit your failures you can leave them behind and continue to successes

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yes it was stupid, I should edit that.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:22 PM Edited by The Yokel, 12 December 2013 - 12:23 PM.

http://metro.co.uk/2...-it-up-4226303/

https://www.youtube....JlttIL2PSs#t=20

A fake sign language guy at Mandela's memorial? It's been a while since I laughed so hard. The context of this situation is just pure comedy gold. It sounds like a scene from a Leslie Nielsen movie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users