Photo

The Amazing spider-man 2

133 replies to this topic
milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

Ok now this guy puts the movie down for real reasons, jeez anyone notice this much flaw in this movie?
Marc Webb didn't give a sh*t

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

Okay, milkmansun (Too scared to used a shortened version that's wrong) ...Have you seen the movie? Cause I mean, it's pretty awesome.

I admit it has it's fair share of flaws. But the movie doesn't go for 20 minutes without doing something cool enough to give you the chills.

The plane part was unnecessary... Paul Giamatti's Russian accent was exaggerated. Green Goblin never opened his teeth.

But really. You're going into a movie as a viewer, not a critic.

• Nopheros likes this

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:24 AM Edited by ArchKnight, 08 May 2014 - 07:24 AM.

I feel that the movie has done great this time. They had a high budget and the it seems The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has a long way to go. But, storyline is the only thing where I can find the fault.

1. They had Gwen Stacy killed, so that they could allow Mary Jane's entry in Part 3. That's ridiculous. If you had to kill her, why introduce her in the first place? Just to make it like the comics? That's old school.

2. Too many villains. The fact the Harry is able to deduce Spider-Man's identity so is easily, is kind of dumb. Also, it was Norman Osborn who had killed Gwen, not Harry. Harry & Peter are supposed to have a friendship, which is less of a friendship in this movie. One can compare this with Toby and Franco in the 2001/2004/2007 versions of the movie.

3. Electric eels causing Max's mutation is another dumb thing. Eel bits can't cause mutations. Max was mutated from a lighting created due to an improper magnetic field.

Apart from all these, the movie's pretty good. Andrew Garfield's a great Peter Parker, unlike Toby who cried at small things.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

I feel that the movie has done great this time. They had a high budget and the it seems The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has a long way to go. But, storyline is the only thing where I can find the fault.

1. They had Gwen Stacy killed, so that they could allow Mary Jane's entry in Part 3. That's ridiculous. If you had to kill her, why introduce her in the first place? Just to make it like the comics? That's old school.

2. Too many villains. The fact the Harry is able to deduce Spider-Man's identity so is easily, is kind of dumb. Also, it was Norman Osborn who had killed Gwen, not Harry. Harry & Peter are supposed to have a friendship, which is less of a friendship in this movie. One can compare this with Toby and Franco in the 2001/2004/2007 versions of the movie.

3. Electric eels causing Max's mutation is another dumb thing. Eel bits can't cause mutations. Max was mutated from a lighting created due to an improper magnetic field.

Apart from all these, the movie's pretty good. Andrew Garfield's a great Peter Parker, unlike Toby who cried at small things.

1. Same reason ANY character in ANY fiction is killed. Drama.

2. You just made a point of how it shouldn't be like the comics, so Harry being the one to kill Gwen shouldn't be an issue. Although the Goblin himself I feel was incredibly rushed and so suffered the 'Spider-Man 3 Syndrome'. What you're outlining right here as a 'should have been' would have been a bad move, and we'd literally end up with a retelling of Raimi's first Spider-Man film in terms of the Goblin storyline.

3. You're bringing in logic into a goddamn SUPERHERO MOVIE!? Do you really think spider bites can cause mutations too? You act as though these films deal with the idea that these events happen. Who's to say that these eels weren't special anyway? They're in a science lab in the SAME PLACE that they housed spiders that had the capability of giving someone spider-like abilities. Not to mention the one guy who managed to turn himself into a giant lizard. I mean come on.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:45 PM Edited by ArchKnight, 08 May 2014 - 02:46 PM.

2. You just made a point of how it shouldn't be like the comics, so Harry being the one to kill Gwen shouldn't be an issue. Although the Goblin himself I feel was incredibly rushed and so suffered the 'Spider-Man 3 Syndrome'. What you're outlining right here as a 'should have been' would have been a bad move, and we'd literally end up with a retelling of Raimi's first Spider-Man film in terms of the Goblin storyline.

It shouldn't be exactly like comics, but on the other hand, it shouldn't totally deviate from comics. That way, what similarity the movie has with comics? The names?

3. You're bringing in logic into a goddamn SUPERHERO MOVIE!? Do you really think spider bites can cause mutations too? You act as though these films deal with the idea that these events happen. Who's to say that these eels weren't special anyway? They're in a science lab in the SAME PLACE that they housed spiders that had the capability of giving someone spider-like abilities. Not to mention the one guy who managed to turn himself into a giant lizard. I mean come on.

I'm not talking of logic. I'm just pointing out pointless deviations which I didn't like. I stated my opinions. That's it.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:04 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 08 May 2014 - 03:10 PM.

You have to see that the movies use story arcs from the comics, every comic movie does this. One of the arcs used here is "The Night Gwen Stacy Died", the second the Greem Goblin was involved in the movie everyone expected her to die and it happened, like she should've. And she was Peter's first love interest, this is why she was introduced.

Norman technically does become the Green Goblin, did you not see how green he was? His nails were long. That's what the disease was, the only thing that with the spider venom it was accelerating the process when Harry took it. Then he got into the that super soldier suit and it cured him but it left him mutated. They're supposed to bring Norman back, so I'm guessing Harry dies in the 3rd, though this is speculation brought upon the release of this on set photo of the supposed cut post credits scene.
PHFpOHpMR8b2JF_1_m.jpg
( That's Norman's head in the container. )

As for the Eels, all the animal research at Oscorp is genetic research. So they could've genetically mutated the eels? I'm guessing it was like Spider-Man, where the electricity travelled through the bites into his DNA and altering it to make him essentially pure energy, like comics. It's not just the eels though, he fell into water with the electrical cables, that with genetically enhanced electricity. I think you'd turn into Electro too. :p

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

Okay, milkmansun (Too scared to used a shortened version that's wrong) ...Have you seen the movie? Cause I mean, it's pretty awesome.
I admit it has it's fair share of flaws. But the movie doesn't go for 20 minutes without doing something cool enough to give you the chills.
The plane part was unnecessary... Paul Giamatti's Russian accent was exaggerated. Green Goblin never opened his teeth.

But really. You're going into a movie as a viewer, not a critic.

he he, didn't see the movie yet, sorry. I just wanted to know if it's that bad as they say it is.
I agree with u there, going to watch this weekend. Let's see wat happens

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:32 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 08 May 2014 - 03:40 PM.

I think all the critisism the movie gets is way too harsh. I think you'll enjoy it, but it seems like you already let the critics get to you.

Anyone else noticed that some of the scenes in the trailers were missing from the movie? Or did I miss them?

Spoiler

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

Dude, 99% of the crap in the trailer is cut from the movie.. Or at least altered in some way.

And looking back, I'm kind of conflicted on whether or not this movie should have focused on Green Goblin or if it was right to include Electro.

I mean, Electro's stuff was pretty great.

But they didn't do Green Goblin justice... His scene felt like "I ain't got time for a proper Goblin ..I gotta kill Gwen."

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

Like I said in my other post. The Goblin fight was WAY too short. They cut out the real ending to keep it PG-13, after Gwen's death Peter was supposed to beat Harry half to death. Why Webb?! WHYYYYYYYYY!?!

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

Like I said in my other post. The Goblin fight was WAY too short. They cut out the real ending to keep it PG-13, after Gwen's death Peter was supposed to beat Harry half to death. Why Webb?! WHYYYYYYYYY!?!

Beating someone to death wouldn't void the PG-13 rating, depending on how they do it.

It's just that the movie was already pushing 3 hours by the time Goblin got into the mix.

Also. The Electric Eels thing was already done before, they didn't make it up.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

It should've been brutal anyways, I mean he just made him kill the love of his life. :p

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

I have got to see this movie. I'll wait til it comes to DVD though since people claim it wasn't that great.also because I hate movie theaters.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:07 PM Edited by Xerukal, 08 May 2014 - 11:08 PM.

Well. Movie Bob sure was exaggerating. 

I dunno. Maybe It's just me? But I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the first one. In fact, I grew up with the first two Sam Raimi movies, and I enjoyed the third and final entry in that trilogy, too.

All the criticism seems to be seriously f*cking dramatic. They're right about all the Sony advertisement and such. But it really isn't that bad. Come on. I'm not even someone who gives a sh*t when it comes to superhero movies anymore. I just go with it. 

I know I'm sounding like a vague arse who's desperately trying to stay somewhat neutral/cool. But it's the truth. I just don't get all the ridiculous amounts of "this movie broke me" drama being directed at this flick. 

if you're a "true" (elitism unintended) Spidey fan, you'll know that if we survived that one story where Peter kills Mary Jane with his radioactive spider semen, we'll survive anything. 

• TaviColen123 likes this

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:21 AM

Saw this for a second time just now..Goblin massively under used. Should've been his movie with Electro being in the 3rd and Sinister Six being in the 4th.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:22 PM Edited by WhatsStrength, 12 May 2014 - 08:33 PM.

Got the chance to watch most of the movie again (I work at a movie theater) and I have to say it's MUCH better the second time around because you have more time to digest all of the plot elements being thrown at you. It's a really fast-paced and over-stuffed movie, so a second watch is needed to fully appreciate it.

As for the future films, I hope they take inspiration from Spectacular Spider-Man for the Sinister Six and the black suit. Both were handled masterfully on that show and I hope they can get one of the writers to do the screenplay for the next movie.

I liked how the show

-Kept the symbiote costume for more than one episode. They need to do the same for whichever film introduces it, making sure NOT to introduce Venom as a villain in the same movie. Maybe make the movie end with Peter realizing that the suit is alive or that it's changing him.

-Gave each of the Sinister Six compelling backstories in a concise manner. Max Dillon worked for Curt Connors on the show and a similar tragedy happened, he wasn't evil right away either. Rhino was a low-life robber just like in the film. Sandman was Rhino's wingman but deep down he had a good heart, even saving the crew from a sinking ship at one point. Doc Ock was a timid scientist working for Oscorp and was basically a punching bag for everyone until he manned up and donned the arms to become the bully himself. Best of all, they gave him his much-needed role as the Master Planner. 

Aside from the source material in the comics, Spectacular Spider-Man is the closest any rendition of the franchise has come to being perfect. Such a damn shame it got canned for Ultimate Spider-Man.

• Zondar likes this

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

@WhatsStrength: yep, agree with all your points. The film's not perfect, but definitely much more right than wrong.
Spectacular Spider-Man is brilliant. Didn't even notice it being released and only watched it in the last year when my son picked it out of a bargain DVD bin. Can't believe they only made 2 series?! As for ultimate Spider-Man? FFS it's terrible, trying to be something it's not so hard and failing, whereas spectacular really had it nailed in my eyes and I've been reading the various Spider-Man comics for 30 years now.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Mister Doctor

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:03 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 13 May 2014 - 01:05 PM.

Well, the Venom spin-off movie is supposed to come out after ASM 3, so I can see him getting the suit there and getting rid of it by the final act. But I don't think we really need to go through the "Peter as the symbiote host" ordeal again and I feel they'd be retreading the old ground too much, just like in ASM 1 (I expect the uncle Ben killer's subplot to be concluded in ASM 3 too, which alone gives me flashbacks of SM3 already). I think an interesting use of Venom would be if he was a hired gun Harry equipped with the symbiote and send to take Peter down after Rhino failed. Then, by the end of ASM 3, the government would confiscate the symbiote and use Venom as a black ops operative, like in Rick Remender's book.

What I'm interested in is love interest. MJ was cut from ASM 2, but Felicia Hardy survived the purge, right? I like MJ much more than Black Cat and I think she just has to appear in the series sooner or later, but it would be fun seeing Spidey and Cat kicking a*s together in a movie. But I don't think they should hook up in ASM 3 already, that film should be purely about Peter dealing with what happened to Gwen in ASM 2. What about Cat being a part of Harry's Sinister Six and eventually turning against him? And then, Felicia could play a major role in the Sinister Six spin-off, as a hero standing up against Ock (he better lead the Six there) and his cronies. They did say they want that film to be a redemption story after all. Hell, this thing writes itself.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:23 AM Edited by WhatsStrength, 14 May 2014 - 01:25 AM.

@WhatsStrength: yep, agree with all your points. The film's not perfect, but definitely much more right than wrong.
Spectacular Spider-Man is brilliant. Didn't even notice it being released and only watched it in the last year when my son picked it out of a bargain DVD bin. Can't believe they only made 2 series?! As for ultimate Spider-Man? FFS it's terrible, trying to be something it's not so hard and failing, whereas spectacular really had it nailed in my eyes and I've been reading the various Spider-Man comics for 30 years now.

I know, right? I hated how they made Spider-Man part of a team in Ultimate, it just felt wrong. And don't even get me started on the cringe-worthy, fourth-wall breaking "jokes". If Spectacular Spider-Man were a Batman movie, it would be The Dark Knight, Ultimate would be Batman and Robin.

Also, I REALLY hope they don't go for the "biological experiment gone wrong" approach for the symbiote, it's not as interesting and it lacks sentience. Venom is an ALIEN.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

I know, right? I hated how they made Spider-Man part of a team in Ultimate, it just felt wrong. And don't even get me started on the cringe-worthy, fourth-wall breaking "jokes". If Spectacular Spider-Man were a Batman movie, it would be The Dark Knight, Ultimate would be Batman and Robin.

Also, I REALLY hope they don't go for the "biological experiment gone wrong" approach for the symbiote, it's not as interesting and it lacks sentience. Venom is an ALIEN.

Forget breaking the fourth wall. Drake Bell as Spidey? Bwahahahahahaha!
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

Due to this conversation, I decided to be a hipster and give Ultimate Spider-Man a second chance.

I acquired the first season through a particular water mass.

Watched the first episode. Meh.

Made it to the Iron Spider one and just quit completely.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 14 May 2014 - 03:07 PM.

I agree with the Venom part, they need to f*cking introduce and use him in the movie properly, unlike what Sam Raimi done in SM3, that was a major f*ck up. The only thing interesting was when Eddie and Venom seperated and Venom became it's giant, true self, almost like carnage and then, f*ck me, he gets blown up.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Speaking of Spectacular Spider-Man, I miss it. :(
  • milkmansun and TheFoxRiverFugitive like this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Speaking of Ultimate Spider-Man VS Spectacular Spider-Man.

Disney is including Spider-Man in their game.

And they didn't even go with their own Spider-Man, they're going with Spectacular Spider-Man.

Even Disney knows it's own TV show sucks.

disney_infinity_spiderman.jpg

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

Sorry I never talked about this movie. I didn't think it was bad.

With Gwen Stacy's death, you can't change it. It's a defining moment. Even in the comics, Spidey carries the guilt of her death with him, to this day. He needs to thwip her, and she needs to die from it. If not, it'd be like Uncle Ben not getting shot.

The pacing was weird, but I wouldn't say it necessarily hurts the movie.

I enjoyed it as much as the first, if not more.

krashr
  • krashr

soul glo

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Dishonorable Mention 2016

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

i did like the first sam raimi spiderman when it came out and didn't mind the second one, even though it suffered from a bit of formulaic sequel syndrome.. the third one though, i can't stand it. when i initially heard about the reboot, a part of me thought "wow, so soon" and another part of me thought "much needed after that farce, hope for the best".

fast forward to today, i loved the reboot. as far as the second one goes, i liked it, but found a few things to be a bit naff.. mainly the electro character and some of the forced interactions with gwen. i also saw some extra stuff about how they wanted to make the spidey suit more approachable/less dark than the first movie, which imo wasn't a good move. i enjoyed the way in the first one that the character could be whimsical when he wanted to be, but also had a bit of an ominous feel, in particular during his run in with the car thief and cop early in the piece and the joke about small knives being his one weakness cracked me up. i also felt the relationship between gwen and peter was done better in the first one.

i agree with the need for gwen's death and feel it is a big part of the spidey story that can't be ignored. as said by others, like the death of ben, it's something that he carries with him throughout his time as a hero and is a big part of why he is the way he is around mj. i knew it was going to happen eventually and that it would make me feel dem feels.. especially as they cast one of my favourite actresses in the role and i thought she played her really well.

with the second installment getting a bit of flack though, it may be a good thing.. a bit of a kick in the butt to make the third one in epic fashion and perhaps a lesson learned. one of the things that hurt the third batman movie imo was possibly how awesome the second one was and feeling the need to up the ante for the finale and kind of missing the mark as a result. so much wasted potential with bane/talia/catwoman possibilities. (i know i'm in the minority with my opinion that the third batman was just "ok", but hey, it's just my opinion and no-one should be offended by it).

i have high hopes of the third spidey being unreal and look forward to it

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

I enjoyed this movie a lot pretty much because it was so much better than the first one.  The first one was really lackluster to me because of how poorly done the Lizard was.  As Jeremy Jahns said in his review, "Spiderman could punch the Lizard off the Empire State building to his death, and no one would care."  Electro was done a whole lot better, since you could actually feel some sympathy for Max, since he was mistreated, and a nobody.  The only real issue I had with this movie is how Green Goblin and Rhino were just slapped in at the end.  I realize it was setting up for the sequel, but having Gwen die right after Spidey beat Electro was a slap to the face.

I also really don't like the actor for Harry.  Maybe it's because I loved Franco so much, this new guy just doesn't compare, and he just looks like a creep.  I'm liking Andrew Garfield more and more as Peter, but I'm still attached to Toby as Peter in Raimi's series.

MrGatVision
  • MrGatVision

The Saints Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:01 AM Edited by MrGatVision, 01 July 2014 - 12:02 AM.

Everyone has a part of themselves that they hide, even from the people they love the most The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Ain't nothin' over til it's over.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

I think in relation to The Amazing Spider-Man too, Sony -or Webb- seems to have taken large portions out, or chunks that would have otherwise made the movies a lot better. Don't get me wrong, regardless of their flaws, I still think both Amazing Spider-Mans are well, pretty awesome but so many things got cut from the initial rough edits. I remember back in the first trailer for Amazing 1. Curt Connor says something along the lines of: "If you want to know what happened to your parents, Peter. You'll have to come and find out." He says so in a threatening manner. This, and the fact it's hinted that Connors knows more. I believe they had a lot of stuff up their sleeves which they seemed to have kept there, ultimately stopping the story a little.

As for Amazing 2, I'm very much sure they've done the same thing and cut lengthy portions out at the expense of action, etc etc. I'm loving the buildup to the Sinister Six -and Norman Osborne's head just makes this whole thing seem much more elaborate- and the little hints, like Vulture's wings, Doc Ock's arms, and of course, Rhino. 

There's only one thing that bothers me about Amazing 2, and it's the ending.

Spoiler

• krashr likes this

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

23 minutes of deleted scenes.
http://geektyrant.co...ng-spider-man-2

Thought Green Goblin was the best part of the movie, and they cut out some good scenes.
  • Target13 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users