The Amazing spider-man 2

133 replies to this topic
nikolibrety
  • nikolibrety

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

I hated the first one, and by the looks of this trailer I'll hate this one as well. Seriously, the first one was so sh*tty, I walked out of the movie theater. The only reason it exists was so that Sony wouldn't lose Spidey license. The plot was boring, the characters were bland, the directing was abysmal and the dialogue didn't make any sense. No one in that movie behaved like a human being. It felt almost like watching one of those stupid scripted "reality" shows. The sentences that came out of characters mouths didn't match their personalities or the scenes they were in. God I hate that piece of trash

Finnaly someone who agrees with me. Did you like the Rami Trilogy.

The original trilogy will always be the best. 

Exactly SM3 Is Underrated, And With TASM They are just trying to mil the francise like avengers or george lucas and star wars.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

I have no clue how someone can prefer the Raimi films, unless you prefer the somewhat darker tone. Organic webbing? Pffffffffttt.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

Spider-Man 3 was a far inferior film to The Amazing Spider-Man. Where should I start?

They completely f*cked Venom. Topher Grace as Eddie Brock was a terrible choice. Eddie Brock is supposed to be a sociopath, not a wise cracking loser who can't catch a break. And he's only in the movie for like 20 minutes as Venom.

They tried to change the death of Uncle Ben to make it out like an accident, and put the gun into Sandman's hands. Despite this they still try and make Sandman a sympathetic character. Which doesn't work and only serves to make Uncle Ben's death less meaningful as well as Spider-Man's vow to fight crime.

Mary-Jane's story is completely uninteresting. I came to watch Spider-Man kick ass, not Mary-Jane (the character) fail as an actress, and be jealous that Peter doesn't pay more attention to her.

Then there's the dancing emo Peter Parker. Injecting humor into an action movie is one thing, and then there is lazily using humor and satire to develop a character using an out of place montage. It's ridiculous in a bad way.

All in all, the whole movie has this scattered focus that just doesn't work. Spider-Man's story is distracted by Raimi's attempt to show more of Sandman's, Mary-Jane's, Venom's, and Harry's. So instead of one well developed character, we get five underdeveloped characters.
  • OH NO, Moth, rudy and 1 other like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

I actually think the CGI was purposely made that way, possibly to give it more of a comic/art look.

But who said the original trilogy was best? C'mon, the first Amazing Spider-Man nails it and was FAR better than the 3 combined. This one looks pretty awesome and was that Jamie Foxx as the blue dude?

nikolibrety
  • nikolibrety

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by nikolibrety, 24 December 2013 - 11:34 PM.

Spider-Man 3 was a far inferior film to The Amazing Spider-Man. Where should I start?

They completely f*cked Venom. Topher Grace as Eddie Brock was a terrible choice. Eddie Brock is supposed to be a sociopath, not a wise cracking loser who can't catch a break. And he's only in the movie for like 20 minutes as Venom.

RE: That Is because the film is still missing 20-30 min of footage thanks to general moron moviegoers who find films like TDKR And Cloud Atlas Too Long.

They tried to change the death of Uncle Ben to make it out like an accident, and put the gun into Sandman's hands. Despite this they still try and make Sandman a sympathetic character. Which doesn't work and only serves to make Uncle Ben's death less meaningful as well as Spider-Man's vow to fight crime.

RE: That is an great plot point which adds emiotional complexity and gives us an Better Motivation for these characters to do what they do, Not turning the city into a bunch of lizard people in an cheesy 60s style plot.

Mary-Jane's story is completely uninteresting. I came to watch Spider-Man kick ass, not Mary-Jane (the character) fail as an actress, and be jealous that Peter doesn't pay more attention to her.

RE: At least Rami Tried To Make His Characters More Intresting and give them some type of realism.

Then there's the dancing emo Peter Parker. Injecting humor into an action movie is one thing, and then there is lazily using humor and satire to develop a character using an out of place montage. It's ridiculous in a bad way.

RE: That was used as comedy and it worked unlike the "why dress like an carjacker if your gonna steal cars" Line in tasm and the retarded knife scene.

All in all, the whole movie has this scattered focus that just doesn't work. Spider-Man's story is distracted by Raimi's attempt to show more of Sandman's, Mary-Jane's, Venom's, and Harry's. So instead of one well developed character, we get five underdeveloped characters.

RE: These Characters have all been developed in the previous films and the new ones as i said is due to cut footage for an shorter runtime, and if too many plotlines is hard for you then continue watching films like kiddy spielberg films instead of complex grown up movies like Inception, pulp fiction or cloud atlas which actually make you think

No Spider-Man 3 was a Better film than the Amazing Spider-Man

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

I actually think the CGI was purposely made that way, possibly to give it more of a comic/art look.

But who said the original trilogy was best? C'mon, the first Amazing Spider-Man nails it and was FAR better than the 3 combined. This one looks pretty awesome and was that Jamie Foxx as the blue dude?

Yes he plays Shocker.

rudy
  • rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

Spider man 1 and Spider man 2 were good but 3 was a tad disappointing imo. The problem with that was it was too rushed, and crammed in with too many storylines and Venom! As darthYENIK summed it, Venom was a SERIOUS disappointment. I for one didn't like the movie at all we had script problems, lack of
character development (i.e. gwen stacy and Eddie Brock/Venom), trying to fit too much into the movie (i.e. Green Goblin 2 (or wtv
the hell you want to call him) vs. spiderman, Sandman vs Spiderman, Spiderman and
Green Goblin 2 VS. Sandman and Venom) just a mess EVERYWHERE but keeping with the Venom thing, I think the Eddie Brock
character was pretty well developed BUT only for the little amount of time we had with him as a character which was a let
down because I was really liking the way he was developing and his transition into Venom. "omg this is like the worst thing
they could have done (but I guess we should have expected this since Sam Raimi explicitly said that he really had no feeling
for the Venom character) . Personally I feel that Venom was just a ploy to get all the fanboys and fangirls into the theaters for a
MAJOR let down.

I'm not sure if I should compare triology with Amazing Spider man but I am just gonna sit on my fence for a while.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

The Sound of Silence

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

His mask looks more like the original now.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

Yes he plays Shocker.

Electro

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 25 December 2013 - 03:59 AM.

These Characters have all been developed in the previous films and the new ones as i said is due to cut footage for an shorter runtime, and if too many plotlines is hard for you then continue watching films like kiddy spielberg films instead of complex grown up movies like Inception, pulp fiction or cloud atlas which actually make you think

You can't just develop characters in one movie, and then bank on the development made to pull the characters through the sequel. It's lazy and makes for an uninteresting story. And knowing the fact that they cut a bunch of the story out doesn't make up for the fact that... they cut a bunch of the story out.

Spider-Man making a corny joke about how a criminal looks is quintessential Spider-Man. Pick up a comic some time.

Yes he plays Shocker.

Electro
sh*t, I always get those guys names mixed up.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

RE: That Is because the film is still missing 20-30 min of footage thanks to general moron moviegoers who find films like TDKR And Cloud Atlas Too Long.

RE: That is an great plot point which adds emiotional complexity and gives us an Better Motivation for these characters to do what they do, Not turning the city into a bunch of lizard people in an cheesy 60s style plot.

RE: At least Rami Tried To Make His Characters More Intresting and give them some type of realism.

RE: That was used as comedy and it worked unlike the "why dress like an carjacker if your gonna steal cars" Line in tasm and the retarded knife scene.

RE: These Characters have all been developed in the previous films and the new ones as i said is due to cut footage for an shorter runtime, and if too many plotlines is hard for you then continue watching films like kiddy spielberg films instead of complex grown up movies like Inception, pulp fiction or cloud atlas which actually make you think

"Spider-Man 3 was a Better film"

Unless that is followed by "Than the Room", then that sentence can't end with something true.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

I hated the first one, and by the looks of this trailer I'll hate this one as well. Seriously, the first one was so sh*tty, I walked out of the movie theater. The only reason it exists was so that Sony wouldn't lose Spidey license. The plot was boring, the characters were bland, the directing was abysmal and the dialogue didn't make any sense. No one in that movie behaved like a human being. It felt almost like watching one of those stupid scripted "reality" shows. The sentences that came out of characters mouths didn't match their personalities or the scenes they were in. God I hate that piece of trash

I agree the first one was really bad, i was expecting lot from the director as i really liked his 500 days of summer, which was a well planned movie....

But The Amazing spider-man turned out to be very bland,pointless,lots of plot holes in it too, nothing amazing about spider-man either, . Spider-man's dialogues made him look like an actual douche bag, not a hero.

Some may love this, but i judge by its quality, none was there. 

Loved Sam Raimi's version, it was good in visual for its time. Amazing spider-man looked more cartoonish with lizard.. 

This second trailer is also bad. May be it is packed with more fun and plots inside as the studio might have worked hard to save from bad name as the first one...

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

I agree the first one was really bad, i was expecting lot from the director as i really liked his 500 days of summer, which was a well planned movie....

But The Amazing spider-man turned out to be very bland,pointless,lots of plot holes in it too, nothing amazing about spider-man either, . Spider-man's dialogues made him look like an actual douche bag, not a hero.

Some may love this, but i judge by its quality, none was there. 

Loved Sam Raimi's version, it was good in visual for its time. Amazing spider-man looked more cartoonish with lizard.. 

This second trailer is also bad. May be it is packed with more fun and plots inside as the studio might have worked hard to save from bad name as the first one...

Spider-Man is supposed to be a relateable character, a teenager going through his normal school life with normal problems, who acts exactly like we would if we got the powers. Yet he gains his nobility throughout his days. Which is exactly what was portrayed in The Amazing Spider-Man, he didn't care about covering his identity, he used it for childish things. Then he felt responsible and guilty, gaining his heroism.

Sam Reimi's Spider-Man was good, 2 was good too. 3 was ....Well let's pretend it never happened.

But I, like a lot of people, favor The Amazing Spider-Man.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

Spider-Man is supposed to be a relateable character, a teenager going through his normal school life with normal problems, who acts exactly like we would if we got the powers. Yet he gains his nobility throughout his days. Which is exactly what was portrayed in The Amazing Spider-Man, he didn't care about covering his identity, he used it for childish things. Then he felt responsible and guilty, gaining his heroism.

Sam Reimi's Spider-Man was good, 2 was good too. 3 was ....Well let's pretend it never happened.

Yes now i understand that is what the director was trying to do...

but came out ugly man.. 

This sums up good : 

"Seems like every time a franchise isn’t doing too well commercially, the answer is always to make it darker. This can work in some cases (like with Christopher Nolan’s Batman Trilogy) but it doesn’t work for a character who isn’t that dark. Peter Parker has always been quite a light hearted character (who always has a quip for every occasion). Sure, he’s had dark times (Gwen’s death, the symbiote suit) but those are all the more effective because they’re a break from the norm. Making Peter dark and angsty in this film just meant that we had a hero we’d didn’t really want to root for.

Especially when it comes to Aunt May. He treats her like dirt the whole movie but it’s all fine in the end. Not because he accepts responsibility and shares her grief at Uncle Ben’s Death. Not because he tells her he’s sorry. Not even because he explains he’s Spider-Man and that’s what he’s been up to…. Nope, it’s all fine because he brings her some eggs. Dynamite writing there."

http://www.badhaven....movie-spoilers/

Also...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Your statement : "Then he felt responsible and guilty, gaining his heroism." 

My statement  "That f*cker never learned" and

sorry for being mean, i hate it when someone brings period jokes in any statement, but, i couldn't resist it...

was peter in his period for 90% of the movie? he he just kidding...

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

But who said the original trilogy was best? C'mon, the first Amazing Spider-Man nails it and was FAR better than the 3 combined.

Not even close.

First rule about remakes is you dont f*ck with the original

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

I would hardly call the Raimi movies "the originals". I would also not call the Amazing Spider-Man a remake. It's not, because that would mean they are trying to remake the Raimi movies, which is ridiculous. The Raimi movies were based on the comics, the ASM movies are based on the comics. If they're "remaking" anything it's the stories from the comics.

I do think the term "reboot" fits quite well, though.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

But who said the original trilogy was best? C'mon, the first Amazing Spider-Man nails it and was FAR better than the 3 combined.

Not even close.

Yeah, this is definitely not a remake? Doesn't take a film buff to know that. Also, Raimi's films were a bit Nick Jr.

I just hope they continue on with ASM films.. I was on the fence about watching the first ASM and when I did, I thoroughly enjoyed much better than the Tobey flicks.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yes now i understand that is what the director was trying to do...

but came out ugly man.. 

This sums up good : 

"Seems like every time a franchise isn’t doing too well commercially, the answer is always to make it darker. This can work in some cases (like with Christopher Nolan’s Batman Trilogy) but it doesn’t work for a character who isn’t that dark. Peter Parker has always been quite a light hearted character (who always has a quip for every occasion). Sure, he’s had dark times (Gwen’s death, the symbiote suit) but those are all the more effective because they’re a break from the norm. Making Peter dark and angsty in this film just meant that we had a hero we’d didn’t really want to root for.

Especially when it comes to Aunt May. He treats her like dirt the whole movie but it’s all fine in the end. Not because he accepts responsibility and shares her grief at Uncle Ben’s Death. Not because he tells her he’s sorry. Not even because he explains he’s Spider-Man and that’s what he’s been up to…. Nope, it’s all fine because he brings her some eggs. Dynamite writing there."

http://www.badhaven....movie-spoilers/

Also...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Your statement : "Then he felt responsible and guilty, gaining his heroism." 

My statement  "That f*cker never learned" and

sorry for being mean, i hate it when someone brings period jokes in any statement, but, i couldn't resist it...

was peter in his period for 90% of the movie? he he just kidding...

He's a teenager for Christ's sake, of course he isn't gonna learn overnight. It isn't some stupid ass nursery rhyme with a moral at the end that makes everyone suddenly good in every way. When things inevitably go to sh*t in TASM 2 *cough*

Spoiler
*cough*, I'm sure we're gonna get a whole dose of "And so Peter Parker learned a valuable lesson". He's still becoming Spider-Man. One film to go from zero to hero is absolutely stupid and so I'm glad he still has things to improve on.

• milkmansun likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

If...
Spoiler
...I'll be sad. They have a chance to do a big screen version of one of the most beloved Spider-Man stories, and they better not f*ck it up.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

He's a teenager for Christ's sake, of course he isn't gonna learn overnight. It isn't some stupid ass nursery rhyme with a moral at the end that makes everyone suddenly good in every way. When things inevitably go to sh*t in TASM 2 *cough*
Spoiler
*cough*, I'm sure we're gonna get a whole dose of "And so Peter Parker learned a valuable lesson". He's still becoming Spider-Man. One film to go from zero to hero is absolutely stupid and so I'm glad he still has things to improve on.

You are right

But dose it really has to take 3 movies to make him a hero? also why he has not learned anything from his uncle's death?

anyway its just a movie. but expected a lot from the director....

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:36 PM Edited by OH NO, 04 March 2014 - 03:38 PM.

Not even close.

might be slow on the uptake here mate.. but what do

you mean by this statement, how did tasm f*ck with the 'original?'

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Who wants to bet that only 2% of the lines in the trailers (Now that the last trailer is finally out) will actually make it into the movie?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

I just seen this picture of the goblin and I think it looks great.

Spoiler

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

Ew..

He looks like a combination of

the-15-best-quotes-from-breaking-bad.jpg

Troll_JS.jpg

And

7Kb8l.jpg

Will have to wait and see how it'll work, I'm more of a 'character over design' type of person.

Although, I really want to see Ultimate Green Goblin in one of the movies.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

Ew..
He looks like a combination of
the-15-best-quotes-from-breaking-bad.jpg
Troll_JS.jpg

And
7Kb8l.jpg

Will have to wait and see how it'll work, I'm more of a 'character over design' type of person.
Although, I really want to see Ultimate Green Goblin in one of the movies.

I don't like the mutated ultimate goblin at all, prefer the older designs.

In saying that though I have high hopes for where this series is going and will trust webbs visions, and a lot has been drawn from the ultimate comics already.

Honestly I cannot faking wait for tasm2 they have nailed spideys athleticism, quips, and way of the spider techniques which was something sorely missing from raimis movies
  • CatDog96 likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

I don't give a damn what anyone says, Spider-man 2 is the best movie in the franchise.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

I don't give a damn what anyone says, Spider-man 2 is the best movie in the franchise.

Yeah most people agree, I hope this movie will be as good. 

nikolibrety
  • nikolibrety

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:32 AM

Have always hated the new Spider Man movies. I liked Tobey Maguire's performances better.

Agreed My friend, Agreed.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:57 AM Edited by OH NO, 27 March 2014 - 06:19 AM.

Tobey may have been a likeable Peter Parker, tho a bit too sappy for my liking (as I've said before, Parker was a geek and didn't particularly run with the popular crowd but he was never the total loser raimi portrayed him as)

Where I see no argument is that Garfield's spider-man is superior to maguires in every way possible. They nailed spideys movement (the school fight is pure spidey) and they seem to be showing spidey enjoying his powers in tasm2 rather than the constant moping around we got in raimis films....which will no doubt lead to repercussions through the famed Gwen storyline.

I agree though spider-man 2 is obviously a great film .....I just prefer webbs film due to the take on spidey..... and the school fight and saving jack on the bridge being my two favourite moments in a spider-man film.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by THE_TREVALEV, 27 March 2014 - 05:10 PM.

3UttBaw.jpg
PdtkT09.jpg
FSfhwF2.jpg
  • OH NO likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users