Photo

the cars blow up way to easy!

25 replies to this topic
sunnyboy276
  • sunnyboy276

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

is it just me or are the cars exploding way to quickly when toppling down a hill or doing a massive jump and landing wrong, like that was one of the best things about 4 is that you could destroy the hell out of a car and it would only explode after a large amount of damage. 

I was barreling down some dirt road with a simi with 3 star police chasing me. I had a small jump and a police car coming in the opposite direction got under my simi and exploded killing me and ended my chase with disappointment. 

opinions weather agreeing or disagreeing are totally welcome just give me the reason you agree or disagree.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

Learn punctuation
Learn sentence structure
Learn grammar
Learn spelling

...and no, they don't blow up too easy...they actually don't blow up easily enough, e.g. Paul Walker

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

actually if you put armor on them , they will be hard to blow up like that

• ExitiumMachina likes this

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

actually if you put armor on them , they will be hard to blow up like that

Yep, first thing I equip my vehicles with.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

You can't put amour on a semi though...

I think he is talking about regular NPC cars not cars he owns..

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

GTA 4:

Cars take a while to blow up by crashing them.

Bullets to the weak points (back tires and engine) blows them up quickly.

GTA 5:

Cars blow up from a lot of stupid collisions (like flipping over with a tiny bit of force).

Bullets take FOREVER to blow up cars.

I prefer the way GTA 4 was.

• B Dawg, Choco Taco, Ermac and 1 other like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

I agree with the "blowing up too easily when messing out a jump" - to some extent.

Drive a car off a two hundred foot cliff, and land, front bumper first, the car probably WOULD go boom, and it defo adds to the game in that sense - especially when you see cop cars do it.

V's good how the cars can take a barrage of bullets before going up - it makes them useful as cover for once.

But driving off a fifteen foot ridge, and catching the corner of your car, and BANG.. it's a bit annoying, but it's not too hard to land a jump smoothly. Barreling down a hill, however, is a risky thing anyway, so it adds a sense of danger to chases. It makes you try harder to stay on the road.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

You can't put amour on a semi though...

I think he is talking about regular NPC cars not cars he owns..

well that was kind of my point . since you can put armor on cars in this game , it kind of makes sense that npc cars blow up easily since they dont have armor .   

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Learn punctuation
Learn sentence structure
Learn grammar
Learn spelling
...and no, they don't blow up too easy...they actually don't blow up easily enough, e.g. Paul Walker

Learn how not to be an asshat
Learn that not everybody is good at English for god's sake!!!

Stupid reference as well. When Roger's Porsche Carrera GT crash, it bursted into flames likely due to rupturing of the fuel line. Cars do not, I repeat do not, explode in real life. Bursting into flames almost instantly is not necessarily an explosion.

Now to the topic. :blush: I think the cars do blow up way too easily as well. In IV, your car could not blow up with you in it unless you'd taken lots of damage. In V, you'll explode from falling 10 feet in the air if you don't land on your wheels. I went airborne in an Adder and landed on the boot, in the front where there is no gas tank nor an engine. Well, I exploded. :dontgetit: How utterly silly. $1,100,000 gone because a car fell ten feet and somehow exploded.
  • Shootaholic and MetalMilitia89 like this

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

...Paul Walker's car didn't explode. I saw post-crash pictures of it on the news, the whole front end was as sideways as a boxer's broken nose, but it certainly didn't blow up.

Cars in this game don't neccessarily blow up too easy, but there are certain situations that come up that make me ask "why the f*ck did my car just blow up?". Its not common (for me), but it does happen. Of course, the flip side of that is sometimes I EXPECT my car to blow up because I launched over a hill without knowing the other side is a massive drop, hit the ground without dying, and have to let out a "phew!". You gotta take the good with the bad.

• Scaglietti likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

apparently, cars blow up as their engines and fuel tanks are damaged.. another day i was driving backwards and fell of a small set of stairs. the moment the back of the car touched the ground, it made a fuel-igniting like sound, and it blew.. adds some sort of realism to the game, but i still prefer the damage system in gta iv..

anyways, where the f are the fuel tank's filler flap to one-shoot mayhem? miss the good old one shoot explosions back in GTA IV and SAN ANDREAS days..

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

GTA 4:

Cars take a while to blow up by crashing them.

Bullets to the weak points (back tires and engine) blows them up quickly.

GTA 5:

Cars blow up from a lot of stupid collisions (like flipping over with a tiny bit of force).

Bullets take FOREVER to blow up cars.

I prefer the way GTA 4 was.

totally agree with you sir. with you, and with your signature as well.

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

You think that cars are bad? Just take the huge dump truck from the quarry for a short spin on the motorway. After less than a half dozen collisions it just blew up as if it were hit with a small thermo-nuclear device. I thought I would have a little fun crushing oncoming cars under those monstrous tyres, but no, not only can you not crush vehicles much smaller than your own, but your fifty ton dump truck explodes as if it were made of tissue paper. Same thing happens when you try the same thing with a tank, you last less than two minutes.

This game has so much wrong with it that I stopped counting after an hour coming up with its shortcomings. Saying this game was overhyped is akin to stating that winter in the South Pole is a little chilly, the San Francisco Earthquake was a minor traffic hazard and the Black Death was a rather inconsequential bug doing the rounds during the Middle Ages. Let's just call it an understatement and leave it at that.

• GTA_fear and MetalMilitia89 like this

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by cutter666, 05 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.

[quote name="StingrayX" post="1064230258" timestamp="1386273049"][quote name="CrazyRay" post="1064226077" timestamp="1386214686"]
Learn punctuation
Learn sentence structure
Learn grammar
Learn spelling
...and no, they don't blow up

Stupid reference as well. When Roger's Porsche Carrera GT crash, it bursted into flames likely due to rupturing of the fuel line. Cars do not, I repeat do not, explode in real life. Bursting into flames almost instantly is not necessarily an explosion.

Now to the topic. :blush: I think the cars do blow up way too easily as well. In IV, your car could not blow up with you in it unless you'd taken lots of damage. In V, you'll explode from falling 10 feet in the air if you don't land on your wheels. I went airborne in an Adder and landed on the boot, in the front where there is no gas tank nor an engine. Well, I exploded. :dontgetit: How utterly silly. $1,100,000 gone because a car fell ten feet and somehow exploded.[/quote]

Hate to disagree with you but cars most certainly DO really blow up Irl.
When I was a kid my friends and I used to blow up abandon cars all the time.
See Back then games like this didn't exists so we had to actually go outside and make our own entertainment.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

You think that cars are bad? Just take the huge dump truck from the quarry for a short spin on the motorway. After less than a half dozen collisions it just blew up as if it were hit with a small thermo-nuclear device. I thought I would have a little fun crushing oncoming cars under those monstrous tyres, but no, not only can you not crush vehicles much smaller than your own, but your fifty ton dump truck explodes as if it were made of tissue paper. Same thing happens when you try the same thing with a tank, you last less than two minutes.

This game has so much wrong with it that I stopped counting after an hour coming up with its shortcomings. Saying this game was overhyped is akin to stating that winter in the South Pole is a little chilly, the San Francisco Earthquake was a minor traffic hazard and the Black Death was a rather inconsequential bug doing the rounds during the Middle Ages. Let's just call it an understatement and leave it at that.

LOL, I also last as little as 4 minutes inside a tank, and 18 minutes maximum.  It does suck!  Lazer is just as bad.  If you want something to cause destruction, look into my Police Riot Van thread, this I got lasting over 2 hours with 5 stars attached to me, it's basically invincible.

sunnyboy276
  • sunnyboy276

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

woo-hoo people replied. when I posted this, I saw the guys first reply and I thought" oh god, this is going to be an unpopular post" but then bam 14 replies within a day. :lol:

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

In SP, cars are way more resilient in V than they were in IV.

I actually find it hard to fully destroy one, plus location improved location damage means you can knock bits off.

Early on, I remember speeding up a hill towards Vinewood, no visual as to what's in front, then I smacked into this SUV at full speed (driver dead, car fine)

Then I noticed the ground was kinda swallowing one of my back wheels, thought it was a glitch at first, until I realised I had lost the front wheel on the opposite side...

In IV, a few knocks and some gunshot related damage would have had me jumping out the vehicle before it blew sky high, In V I honestly think I've only had 2 ever blow up, after 200 + hours playtime.

jammyoharasmith
  • jammyoharasmith

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

police chases are much better than gta 4

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

In SP, cars are way more resilient in V than they were in IV.

I actually find it hard to fully destroy one, plus location improved location damage means you can knock bits off.

Early on, I remember speeding up a hill towards Vinewood, no visual as to what's in front, then I smacked into this SUV at full speed (driver dead, car fine)

Then I noticed the ground was kinda swallowing one of my back wheels, thought it was a glitch at first, until I realised I had lost the front wheel on the opposite side...

In IV, a few knocks and some gunshot related damage would have had me jumping out the vehicle before it blew sky high, In V I honestly think I've only had 2 ever blow up, after 200 + hours playtime.

I agree somewhat except for the falls. I went over the stunt jump that's near the Los Santos Customs in the middle of Vinewood, (the one where you go under the building and off the corner of the road and land right in the intersection,) one day in a dump truck during a police chase and the back end landed on top of another car and I blew up. And the car I landed on didn't blow up either so that wasn't what caused it.

I've also died twice in the last couple days after stealing a Crusader from Zancudo and trying to take it off-roading. Both times it blew up it had landed right side up and on at least one wheel. The second time It landed on two wheels. I mean I understand they're trying to make it have some consequences but it seems like the physics need some tweaking or something. I understand when you land upside down from way up, but like in the instance of the Crusader I would have rolled away had I not blown up. The Crusader sucks and I'm done driving it, but it still takes away some of the fun that we have wilderness and mountains now to explore and drive around in.

REXX93
  • REXX93

The Serious Guy

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

I think the car damage system in GTA V is pretty good and I much prefer it to GTA IV's system. Obviously if you drive over a cliff and land bad, there is a chance the vehicle will explode. But yeah, I guess Rockstar focused it more on real life. What are the chances of falling 400ft in a car and it doesn't explode? The only thing that I did think was a let down was when I rammed another car a high speed and not much visual damage was done to my car, but the other was caved in. Another thing I noticed is that you have a very high risk of dying if flying through the windscreen, I have done it a few times and have been left will a very and I mean very small amount of health. Once again, I think it may be Rockstar's way to make it more realistic.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Learn punctuation
Learn sentence structure
Learn grammar
Learn spelling

You remind me of Strong Bad.

I love you for that.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I Regret Nothing

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by B Dawg, 07 December 2013 - 05:01 PM.

GTA 4:

Bullets to the weak points (back tires and engine)

The engine isn't really a weak spot. For some reason, the rear bumper of the car is, but not as much as the rear tires.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

Learn that not everybody is good at English for god's sake!!!

Oh, ok, let's encourage ignorance then...sounds like a great idea, let's just let the English language be ignorant internet shorthand and speech become words with mumbles and grunts in between them...

...oh, and cars DO explode...AND you don't have to hit a car near it's gas tank to damage the gas tank; lrn2 physics/momentum/force

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Oh Cars explode, no doubt, they just seem to take a lot more punishment in this incarnation.

Tyres seem to suffer more, I've definitely had more shot out in V than in IV (got 4 wheels but only 3 tyres? Sucks to be you!) Same with impacted wheel damage (got 4 wheels, but only 3 are turning? Sucks in a police chase!)

Of course this could also be due to increased police accuracy, in most chases it seems to be that 25% of police bullets hit my tyres, 25% hit the bodywork, and the remaining 50% hits me dead in the scrotum. (These figures may not be 100% accurate, but in 55% of tests, only 27% of people believed statistics to be relevant).

Asunder
  • Asunder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

I don't put armour on my vehicles and I still find it tough to make them explode. I have never had a car explode on me yet.

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Pacifist, Pilot IRL.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

In the 3D era GTAs, flipping you car on its side or roof meant it was going to explode and be undrivable, and probably kill you if you didn't get the f*ck away from it fast enough.

In GTA IV, cars didn't explode when they got flipped, but they couldn't be flipped over nearly as easily as they can in V.

V's cars can be flipped around from a complete standstill on the roof, but can explode if you smash the engine into the ground as you fly from a jump or such. Don't think of it as being unrealistic, just think of it as balancing. I'd rather not be forced to get out of my sports car because some car had to get in the way during a stunt jump and get me stuck. 

One thing I will complain about is that the LAZERS explode too easily - I struggle with the jet Deathmatches because I get a lot of kills with the machine guns, and the explosions almost always get me, making each kill pointless because I then lose it for 'committing suicide.' The cars (and jets) don't explode too easily, but when they do, they tend to take too many others with them. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users