Photo

What is the purpose of griefing?

90 replies to this topic
wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

took my tank out of MMI today, felt so good griefing other players, and to top it off, i but a bounty on them to level up :D and blow their PV's.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

After I noticed that player seems to be a little 11 year old girl (I can tell by the voice and she told another guy that she's 11), I stopped griefing her. I picked her up with my car and we did some stuff with aircrafts at the airport.

Just saw this. I'm sure it was innocent but a little creepy sounding and probably illegal in real life. Just sayin..:)

You mean picking up a little girl with your car? No never would do it in real life. Not even sure if illegal in my country, maybe it would be kidnapping no matter if you want to bring her to her home or god knows what. But in GTA kidnapping is allowed. Cops kill you for standing too close to them or to a criminal and for touching their car lol, but kidnapping is allowed. Just kidding.

TheDonutGuyFromBlackOps 1
  • TheDonutGuyFromBlackOps 1

There's a soldier in all of us.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

To make people like you whine and mad. It's hilarious making people over a video game. Bunch of people were riding the hollywood vine bus yesterday had at least 6 people in there so they come to me honking so I drop a sticky on it and get in the. Detonate it, it's funny hearing them 'WOW , REALLY, DOOD, WTF ,' lmao they put a bounty on me and I just hid out in my apartment like a bossssss

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

meaning of life = YOLO

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

look at this guy he got mad at me Lmao

lol.jpg

This is worse than anything you could do to me in gta, pokerstars.com is illegal to play in the States.

You bastard!

:cry:

are u serious?

Unfortunately I am. The FBI shut down US access to online real money poker sites April 15th, 2011. Among poker players that is called Black Friday.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

look at this guy he got mad at me Lmao

lol.jpg

This is worse than anything you could do to me in gta, pokerstars.com is illegal to play in the States.

You bastard!

:cry:

are u serious?

Unfortunately I am. The FBI shut down US access to online real money poker sites April 15th, 2011. Among poker players that is called Black Friday.

Holy f*ck.

I just checked it, and US pros like Chris Moneymaker, are playing in Canada. At least thats what shows up there.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:06 AM Edited by biggsull, 05 December 2013 - 12:06 AM.

They shut it down because they couldnt tax it.

#chinastyleinetcensorship

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

I like those little red things that they put in the middle of green olives. I think they're called pimentos but I may be wrong. Anyway, I like those things.

Zanje
  • Zanje

Stand up guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women?

• EyeMacHunt, biggsull and minushuman like this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by AzraelX, 05 December 2013 - 12:16 AM.

Today I griefed a low level British girl and she was complaining over her mic, still friendly.

This was in free roam, so how did she complain over her mic that you froze her console with the towtruck? She rejoined?

Bunch of people were riding the hollywood vine bus yesterday had at least 6 people in there so they come to me honking so I drop a sticky on it and get in the. Detonate it, it's funny hearing them 'WOW , REALLY, DOOD, WTF ,'

Killing someone isn't griefing. They got mad because they lost, and the game rewarded you for winning. I'm not sure why you would believe sticky bombs were not intended to blow up people unsuspectingly. That's their primary purpose.

Killing players isn't griefing.

Someone that has experience playing online games and actually knows the meaning of basic terminology. Yay.

People like "Beach Bum Bandit" ruin the fun of Online.

Not sure how you drew that conclusion based on what he posted. The first part was objectively correct, the second part was his opinion about people who think "being killed" means "getting griefed". That doesn't suggest he spawnkills people in-game.

• Timely likes this

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Today I griefed a low level British girl and she was complaining over her mic, still friendly.

This was in free roam, so how did she complain over her mic that you froze her console with the towtruck? She rejoined?

Tow truck? Frozen console? Rejoined? What are you talking about?

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

He asked if her console was frozen how would she complain over her mic.. given the frozen console, did she rejoin after restarting the console to rage.

Modded in towtrucks from single player are buggy and freeze peoples consoles if you get near them online.

Need that any clearer?

• AzraelX likes this

InternetBully
  • InternetBully

u wot m8?

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

lulz.jpg

He pretty much nailed it.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by AzraelX, 05 December 2013 - 12:30 AM.

He asked if her console was frozen how would she complain over her mic.. given the frozen console, did she rejoin after restarting the console to rage.

Modded in towtrucks from single player are buggy and freeze peoples consoles if you get near them online.

Need that any clearer?

^ This.

You said you were griefing in free roam, and this describes the only method people use to grief in free roam. So how did she complain over her mic?

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by WBaker, 05 December 2013 - 12:32 AM.

f*cking multiquote... disregard.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:37 AM Edited by Preusse, 05 December 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Need that any clearer?
^ This.

You said you were griefing in free roam, and this describes the only method people use to grief in free roam. So how did she complain over her mic?

There was no tow truck. Then I guess I missunderstood the meaning of the word griefing.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

Oh alright. What were you doing though? If they stayed friendly, I guess it must not have been too bad. I assume it probably involved PKing.

Were you spawn camping them on foot?

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:01 AM

Oh alright. What were you doing though? If they stayed friendly, I guess it must not have been too bad. I assume it probably involved PKing.

Were you spawn camping them on foot?

I just spawnkilled her. Isn't griefing a kind of annoying other players? I have trouble to translate this word in my language and therefore to understand its meaning.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by AzraelX, 05 December 2013 - 01:13 AM.

Oh, no problem. Some people misuse it on these forums, which is probably why you had the wrong impression.

Griefing only has two requirements:

1) The person must be trying to frustrate/upset/irritate another player.

2) The person must be using a game mechanic in an unintended way.

Most people get pissed off when they lose, but the second part is why "winning" and "griefing" aren't the same thing :p

Sabotaging cooperative missions, and driving backwards to hit other players in races, are both examples of griefing in this game.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

Oh, no problem. Some people misuse it on these forums, which is probably why you had the wrong impression.

Griefing only has two requirements:

1) The person must be trying to frustrate/upset/irritate another player.

2) The person must be using a game mechanic in an unintended way.

Most people get pissed off when they lose, but the second part is why "winning" and "griefing" aren't the same thing :p

Sabotaging cooperative missions, and driving backwards to hit other players in races, are both examples of griefing in this game.

Alright thanks for that. But I tried to upset her, so it must have been griefing like you describe in point 1, not?

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

its funny when people do it to me... cause i just laugh it off, cause its a game.. put my gun away, and walk away, each time them killing me, and laugh at them.. which in the end, makes them pissed that they are not getting the reaction out of me they wanted.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

Standing between a telephone pole and a wall in passive can make for some hilarious counter-trolling against Entity roadkill griefers (or other similar methods). Its possible to piss them off too. 

• saintsrow likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

...Some do it because they are psychopaths...

I've met all of those :)

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

...driving backwards to hit other players in races...

surely you jest

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

to op, its a video game so they are just playing it..some sessions are pretty ugly; theres ways around it without having to leave, passive+rooftops etc 

Im not for or against griefing, because its just a part of the game i.e if there was such an occasion where you could not get someone to stop killing you even through asking kindly than the least you can do is report them for griefing.  I used to get griefed a bit, now I put them down..high ranks usually have the advantage via merryweather and lester etc; all these options exist for a reason=urban warfare.  If you are truly being stalked and griefed by a player you never so much as interacted with or treated with hostility-just go private get that haircut you wanted-do some missions but unless you have allies free roam is free for all.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

I don't grief but I have killed many that tried to do it to me. I am great at capping people through car windows. I just lead them on a chase then spin around and before they know it they have a bullet in their head.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:59 AM

The absolute purist griefers are just Children or Really Disturbed adults, spouting nonsense profanity and cursing you out for reasons ALL in their heads when you haven't even spoke to them, i've kicked these players from missions and I have left sessions when they are present its unfortunate and sad that they seem to forget its a game.  Sometimes I think they are joking but quickly realize that they are sick individuals both in front of a tv and in day to day life.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:04 AM

wtf is griefing.

i use a tank because f*ck you. grief my nuts.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

joined a mission with a friend and a random earlier... random spawns in, blows up both of our personal cars, and then leaves. WTF? he at least got charged for them.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:20 AM Edited by AzraelX, 05 December 2013 - 06:27 AM.

Double post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users