68 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

Test Drive Unlimited (2006):

This was a game I had ignored for years and never really gave any thought to what it was even though I had seen it in magazines. I got bored of my games in 2010 and went to search for driving games on Xbox Live. Well I saw the yellow Aston in Test Drive Unlimited's cover and decided I should try the demo. I liked it, although the graphics were "okay" but I went ahead and bought it. Loved it!!!

Oh my god! The way you could not only buy a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, but you could adjust it to your liking before you did via real options like: the models rim choices, leather color choices, the stitching, headliner, and I think trim choices like aluminium/carbon fiber. That really made me fall in love. Then the huge world, the handling DLC that made the physics feel like Gran Turismo 4, it was great.

I rarely play the game now but it was a great game, too bad the second game was a flop and too bad Eden Games is out of business. I wish I could combine the physics, graphics, cars, and story of Forza Horizon with the options, world size, and realism of TDU 1. What would be better than playing a game TDU 1 with Horizon graphics, physics, and cars? Nothing, truly nothing... :)
  • Misbegotten cad likes this

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

Test Drive Unlimited (2006):

This was a game I had ignored for years and never really gave any thought to what it was even though I had seen it in magazines. I got bored of my games in 2010 and went to search for driving games on Xbox Live. Well I saw the yellow Aston in Test Drive Unlimited's cover and decided I should try the demo. I liked it, although the graphics were "okay" but I went ahead and bought it. Loved it!!!

Oh my god! The way you could not only buy a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, but you could adjust it to your liking before you did via real options like: the models rim choices, leather color choices, the stitching, headliner, and I think trim choices like aluminium/carbon fiber. That really made me fall in love. Then the huge world, the handling DLC that made the physics feel like Gran Turismo 4, it was great.

I rarely play the game now but it was a great game, too bad the second game was a flop and too bad Eden Games is out of business. I wish I could combine the physics, graphics, cars, and story of Forza Horizon with the options, world size, and realism of TDU 1. What would be better than playing a game TDU 1 with Horizon graphics, physics, and cars? Nothing, truly nothing... :)

I loved this driver too! played it for weeks, even completing the drive all roads challenge (and getting brilliant prize for it!!!)

-TDU is one of the best free riding games, and really huge one too.

Shame about TDU2 being a bit rubbish...

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

Max Payne 3. Say whatever you want about that game, but it was soooooo much better than I expected. Sure, it was very different from 1 and 2, but for me this game was one of the best.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

Far Cry Blood Dragon.

Got it during the Deals of the weeks, and so far im  loving the game  Music and dialogue is really good.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Resident Evil 5.

Everybody completely shat on this game for the longest time, but I played it and liked it. The only part of the game I dislike is the end of chapter 5-3 because of the licker bridge room.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Sly Cooper

I never played it before until 2 years ago when I tried it for the first time (the first game) and immediately finished all three of them, because they were so much fun.

I'm hoping to get the same feeling when I play Jax someday, or Ratcet and Clank.

Ivars
  • Ivars

HiiiPoWeR

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

Skyrim, I thought it will be another lame fairy game. But no, there are many ways to play it by your own style.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

The Saboteur. It's one of the best (and underrated) games of last gen.

And f*ck you EA, for closing the studio.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Up to this point in my childhood I'd only ever played platformers like Mario or Donkey Kong so it was a bit jarring to realize there was so much more out there.

Zelda: The Wind Waker - Had even more of a sense of newness and openess and helped to inspire my artistic side.

Zelda: Majora's Mask - Changed some of my views on storytelling - while perhaps not as comples, the experience as a whole was a lot deeper.

Metroid Prime trilogy - Got me more into challenging myself and into the Metroid series, though at this point the only other I've enjoyed has been Super Metroid. Well, that and a clone called Shadow Complex.

No More Heroes - Crazy gorey violent funny random sh*t not seen as much anywhere else in gaming.

Killer7 - Like NMH obviously but a bit more subtle and with a more dark and serious tone. Some call it random but I would say it's abstract - there's meaning to be found if only people didn't expect to be spoonfed.

Fallout 3 - Similar to OoT but on a much larger scale and more interesting story and more bugs and glitches.

Metal Gear Solid series - Mostly 3, but have enjoyed 1 and 2 and Peace Walker too. Didn't think I'd like stealth games as most seem extremely linear and very restrictive, but MGS has been steadily moving away from that and now to open world gameplay. The voice acting and dialogue make it a bit rough the edges at times but I feel they are getting better with that.

Zelda: Skyward Sword - Mostly it comes down to this game having the perfect motion controls.
  • Dutch Psycho likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users