Photo

I was just playing the game as intended OR Griefing, the "WTF"

89 replies to this topic
InternetBully
  • InternetBully

u wot m8?

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

lol wtf? no most of winning in gta means getting the drop on your opponent, not shooting first is just asking to be killed lol

anyways this isnt barbie play-land its gta 5 go back to ur ponies and castles

Killing someone who hasn't fired a single bullet at you is griefing imo.

If they are fighting back its a legit battle and the better player'll come out ontop (or the higher rank)

If they shoot at you its open season on them.

A single way to completely own your way of thinking is this: Its impossible to get the drop on someone since you're always on the minimap (unless you of course buy the option from Lester and in that case most people run/drive away since a dot vanishes near them and no one has left the session and get paranoid from there on/shoot anyone that looks dif from the NPCa.) and the minimap SHOWS what way you're facing and if you're coming closer to someone.

So plz anime dude, Gtfo with that "Yo bro, I get duh drop on pplz, I r duh bestest." logic of yours.

If they are fighting back its a legit battle and the better player'll come out ontop (or the higher rank)

By that logic, no one should ever shoot anyone else.  In your opinion, the only way to not grief is to have a "live-and-let-live" policy in GTA free roam?

By my logic if someone has the intent to get into fights in free roam they'll with no sneakiness involved start shooting way before someone gets close to them, while shooting someone next to you who is minding their own bidness is griefing.  If that makes sense.

Basically if someone wants to fight you won't get the drop on them, you'll both start shooting.

I mean its not hard to notice on the minimap if someone is looking at you and coming closer as much as people's egos want them to think they are better most of the time people let others get close to them because they don't wanna fight.

Each to their own, I guess. With that mentality you must feel like you get griefed a lot, can't be much fun. Not judging, just saying.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 04 December 2013 - 08:38 PM.

lol wtf? no most of winning in gta means getting the drop on your opponent, not shooting first is just asking to be killed lol

A single way to completely own your way of thinking is this: Its impossible to get the drop on someone since you're always on the minimap (unless you of course buy the option from Lester and in that case most people run/drive away since a dot vanishes near them and no one has left the session and get paranoid from there on/shoot anyone that looks dif from the NPCa.) and the minimap SHOWS what way you're facing and if you're coming closer to someone.

So plz anime dude, Gtfo with that "Yo bro, I get duh drop on pplz, I r duh bestest." logic of yours.

By that logic, no one should ever shoot anyone else.  In your opinion, the only way to not grief is to have a "live-and-let-live" policy in GTA free roam?

By my logic if someone has the intent to get into fights in free roam they'll with no sneakiness involved start shooting way before someone gets close to them, while shooting someone next to you who is minding their own bidness is griefing.  If that makes sense.

Basically if someone wants to fight you won't get the drop on them, you'll both start shooting.

I mean its not hard to notice on the minimap if someone is looking at you and coming closer as much as people's egos want them to think they are better most of the time people let others get close to them because they don't wanna fight.

Each to their own, I guess. With that mentality you must feel like you get griefed a lot, can't be much fun. Not judging, just saying.

I actually usually play with tons of crew members so anyone I feel is griefing gets dealt with til they rage quit or they bring their crew into the lobby and then the epic sawed off shotgun spam on daemon/hexers begins, it ends up being fun. 

if they get a tank we all just spam sticky bombs at the tank and nearly instakill it. 

A-Rod
  • A-Rod

#wwrd

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

I didn't read any of the complaining over this post. The OP has a right to ask anything he wants. Also, when reporting another player, griefing is a cause... So uh, all you assholes out there, obviously rockstar isn't siding with you.
  • AlienTwo likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

If you run 2 in a car, youre a target. If you have a squeeky voice, you are a target.. if you have a chrome car, you are a target.. give me a reason to choose you over someone else, youre my target.

When I am online, Im hunting.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Rocky Mountain Emperor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

2 in a car is a major target/danger in my mind, depending on what I am doing ATM.

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

There's some proper hard bastards on this forum. Should get Danny Dyer down here. You lot are well naughty.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Rocky Mountain Emperor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

There's some proper hard bastards on this forum. Should get Danny Dyer down here. You lot are well naughty.

Who?  That limey actor?

InternetBully
  • InternetBully

u wot m8?

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

I actually usually play with tons of crew members so anyone I feel is griefing gets dealt with til they rage quit or they bring their crew into the lobby and then the epic sawed off shotgun spam on daemon/hexers begins, it ends up being fun. 

if they get a tank we all just spam sticky bombs at the tank and nearly instakill it. 

Like I said, each to their own :p

I enjoy playing with my crew and enjoy playing solo as well. Both offer very solid gaming experiences. Personally I find pvp a lot more exhilarating when playing solo, since each kill I get feels more rewarding. I ain't gonna spawn camp anyone, but I do start a lot of fights in a lot of different ways.

Not because I enjoy ruining people's gameplay but because I find fighting players fun. I generally assume they feel the same way, and when they don't it's quite obvious as they'll simply try to leave the area. Got no problem with that, and it only happens rarely anyway.

It's almost a shame when you have a solid 1vs1 or 1vs2-3, and then they call in their crew to try to gank you. That's when I get the tank and spawn-camp them.

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by NuklerGhost101838, 04 December 2013 - 08:54 PM.

I think griefing is when a guy will cross half the map just to spawn kill you (has happened before, example: I was watching the map near the South Los Santos Port and enjoying the water, he was in Sandy Shores before he came after me and I know because of watching the map). Otherwise, it's GTA and wars are likely to break out, with stimulation or not.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Rocky Mountain Emperor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

I enjoy playing with my crew and enjoy playing solo as well. Both offer very solid gaming experiences. Personally I find pvp a lot more exhilarating when playing solo, since each kill I get feels more rewarding. I ain't gonna spawn camp anyone, but I do start a lot of fights in a lot of different ways.

Not because I enjoy ruining people's gameplay but because I find fighting players fun. I generally assume they feel the same way, and when they don't it's quite obvious as they'll simply try to leave the area. Got no problem with that, and it only happens rarely anyway.

It's almost a shame when you have a solid 1vs1 or 1vs2-3, and then they call in their crew to try to gank you. That's when I get the tank and spawn-camp them.

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

some guy sent me a message after I killed him once like "u pathetic loser, people like u ruin this game, shooting random people is not what this game is all about"

Then I sent him a message saying " sorry I was just playing the game, if ur poor I'll upgrade a car for u" didn't realize the guy would be sooooo butthurt.

Ge wrote me back telling me" f*ck off u pathetic loser"

I'm sorry, but if u play gta and get so bitchy because someone kills u one time, then u are the pathetic loser. These people should go play something else, or just stay away from online gaming if they can't stand losing every now and then... bunch of whiny little babies.

Damn, are we not supposed to fire at people now? Maybe we should just all hold hands and do yoga?

InternetBully
  • InternetBully

u wot m8?

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

Congratulations. That was the point I was making, you must feel very astute right this moment.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

As a few people have already said... trust no one... I am only just learning this lol

Guy in the middle of lots of cops calls over the mic, hey pick me up!
I was in my chopper and landed it... I died

I got into someones car after they pulled up and honked... they drove up the highway proceding to throw sticky bombs at cars until we both were on 4 stars then in the middle of the highway with cops on our arse, he ejected me from his car and sped off.

I picked up a player once abd was going to take him to fort z for some jets.

He asked if he could drive... he smashed my car to bits jumping over hills etc and then stopped and got out. I thought he was going to spawn his car or something but no, he shot me and stole my car.

I got revenge on him though as I kicked him from my car and shot him then ran over him.

So yeah... it's a shame we can't choose what tyep of lobby we want to enter (death madness or explorer mess about) It's like so many ways to play the game but nobody can get on because we all have our own way of playing.

I hope they drop online in future, single player has always been what gta was about, why change it?
It just feels like a mess now.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Griefing is whatever you think it is.

Someone spawn kills you? you report them

Someone shoots at you for no reason? you report them

Griefing.

Whatever you want it to be.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Rocky Mountain Emperor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Congratulations. That was the point I was making, you must feel very astute right this moment.

I was agreeing with you.  I should have written something clever after to make the point... if I had the level or $$ to own a tank, I would be doing the same thing. 

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Rocky Mountain Emperor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

Griefing is whatever you think it is.

Someone spawn kills you? you report them

Someone shoots at you for no reason? you report them

Griefing.

Whatever you want it to be.

Who wants to report all the time?  Reports from frequent reporters are taken less seriously. 

petraeus
  • petraeus

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by petraeus, 04 December 2013 - 09:02 PM.

lol its easy to get the drop on ppl

my favorite tactic is to engage multiple people at once and then draw them all into a common area then drive off and wait for them to engage each other before driving back and killing them in the middle of their fire-fight lol

another good tactic is to fool people using elevation, make them think you are under or on top of roofs, bridges, landmarks you can practically walk right up to them while they are spinning around shaking in their boots lol

I was actually stunned the other day when a guy who i thought was hiding under a bridge was in fact right in front of me hiding behind a post on the bridge itself, i drove right past him and he pistoled me lol 

also by your logic there are no such things as magicians, since they use slight of hand and misdirection for their tricks, but you are "looking right at it the whole time!"

InternetBully
  • InternetBully

u wot m8?

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

I was agreeing with you.  I should have written something clever after to make the point... if I had the level or $$ to own a tank, I would be doing the same thing. 

lol my bad, I feel like a dick now :(

But yeah, a lot of people reporting griefing do it out of spite. Got into a pvp scrap with one guy and the score was pretty balanced. The guy was really good and I was having a proper blast. So we keep moving slowly across to the city when we eventually reach an area that I'm real familar with I end up pretty much dominating him.

After about 10-15 minutes, I receive a text from him saying "reported you for griefing" and then immediately left the session. I was like "wtf". Not sure if he was just angry or joking around, but that weirded me out a bit. Had plenty of opportunities to leave the area.

It's the web man, it makes me crazy.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Rocky Mountain Emperor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

I don't mind voting players out of a session (never been successful, however.... I've been kicked numerous times for NOTHING) but the reporting I only do when griefed by a tank if I have been running the other way for a few deaths...

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Using normal game mechanics you can't grief anybody.

With the passive mode option in the respawn screen the only people you can spawn camp (still not griefing) are people who let it happen.

I get messages occasionally that say "y u kill me? I did nothing to you" and as it was pointed out that is a remarkably silly attitude. This is a violent game, it's partially about killing other players. You even get awards for killing other players. A live and let live attitude should not be expected.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

I don't mind voting players out of a session (never been successful, however.... I've been kicked numerous times for NOTHING) but the reporting I only do when griefed by a tank if I have been running the other way for a few deaths...

You get the message "you have been kicked by other players" when you lose connection to the lobby for whatever reason.

Reporting other players is pretty lame.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:27 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 04 December 2013 - 09:28 PM.

I enjoy the f*ck out of the game.  Just wanted opinions on online behavior and what is/isn't considered kosher.

It will vary from person to person. A whiny bitch will consider 2 kills within 10 minutes griefing. It isn`t, but good luck proving it otherwise to an entitled little bitch.

As a rule of thumb, you can`t go wrong with "Don`t do to others what you don`t like done to yourself". Some have thicker skin than others and the previous provides a nice case by case rule :)

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Rocky Mountain Emperor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

You get the message "you have been kicked by other players" when you lose connection to the lobby for whatever reason.

Interesting.  I always took the kicked as something personal.  Hasn't happened in a long time either.  Reporting players is lame, sometimes they deserve it.  I've done it maybe 3 times, all the circumstances I described above.  Tank... spawn kill... me not fighting once, just trying to run back to my pad...

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Personally, I don't think gta is about killing other players, thats COD.
GTA Online is more about been able to do the missions etc with your mates. I feel that free roam has been destroyed by greefers.i Don't have s problem with the death matchs what go on... thats fine because clearly people are there who want to do it.

What gets me is when you are minding your own business and then a nobhead or a group of nobheads start spawn killing you over and f*cking over for nothing. This is where I wish we could go jahad on there ass and have a self destruct button taking out anything and anyone in a 1/4 mile radius.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 04 December 2013 - 09:41 PM.

Interesting.  I always took the kicked as something personal.  Hasn't happened in a long time either.  Reporting players is lame, sometimes they deserve it.  I've done it maybe 3 times, all the circumstances I described above.  Tank... spawn kill... me not fighting once, just trying to run back to my pad...

Keep in mind that a griefer, or a carebear that thinks he`s some hot sh*t will ALWAYS yell griefing the minute you start exerting some rightful justice on his useless carcass. You see.. in his lil` brain, him killing you 10 times just `cos, is perfectly ok. You turning and facing him then proceeding at killing HIM 10 times is griefing. Puzzling, I know.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Rocky Mountain Emperor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

GTA Online is more about been able to do the missions etc with your mates. I feel that free roam has been destroyed by greefers.i Don't have s problem with the death matchs what go on... thats fine because clearly people are there who want to do it.

What gets me is when you are minding your own business and then a nobhead or a group of nobheads start spawn killing you over and f*cking over for nothing. This is where I wish we could go jahad on there ass and have a self destruct button taking out anything and anyone in a 1/4 mile radius.

I guess that's the crux of the question.  Are you able to not want the nuclear option if the player (nobhead) who randomly killed you didn't peruse you further? One kill then when you don't fight back he gives up?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 04 December 2013 - 09:57 PM.

Incidentally, a general network or software error that kicks you from the session is described as you being kicked by other players.  If you don't get warnings that people are voting to kick you then they didn't.  The only thing I can think of is that the developers didn't think of putting a generic message like "There was a problem - your connection to the session was lost", or they didn't want you to know there was a problem at their end and thought it would be better if you thought you'd been kicked.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

if you have a chrome car, you are a target.

yep, and sticky magnet :)

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

GTA Online is more about been able to do the missions etc with your mates. I feel that free roam has been destroyed by greefers.

Missions aren't done in free roam and GTAO is certainly about killing other players. There are awards for it.
  • AlienTwo likes this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:38 PM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 04 December 2013 - 10:39 PM.

Sometimes me and my friend do wheelies in the supermarket car park after school. I'm cool like anime guy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users