89 replies to this topic
AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

I hear a lot about griefing in GTA:O and I personally have experienced being griefed, as well as being on the giving end from time to time.  But my question is "What really is griefing?" I feel that being attacked and repeatedly targeted by a tank would qualify (I put expensive PVs in their line of fire, but most tank pilots have unlimited $$ so it really doesn't matter), as well as spawn killing over and over.  But some people seem to think drive-by shootings, random gun battles and sneak-bombing PVs would count... IMHO being in a public lobby is saying "Yes" to PVP.  If someone drives by me when I am involved in other actions, I sure as hell hope they leave me alone, but I expect and prepare for an attack every time.  Am I wrong in killing anyone who comes near me?  Worse yet, does that make me a griefer??

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Who cares other than you. Enjoy the game. Don't let others opinions of you influence you.

• Jack Reacher, adoreonerr, crashhat69 and 3 others like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

I enjoy the f*ck out of the game.  Just wanted opinions on online behavior and what is/isn't considered kosher.

illegal beagle
  • illegal beagle

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Trust.No.One

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

I get sent messages like f*ck you Paki c*nt

After I've killed the sender like 30x

I consider those messages griefing

If you killed one dude 30x, couldn't that be considered griefing, or did he keep engaging with you?

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 04 December 2013 - 07:21 PM.

I enjoy the f*ck out of the game.  Just wanted opinions on online behavior and what is/isn't considered kosher.

Why should you care what other's opinions of your virtual behavior is? ESPECIALLY anyone here.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

People who bitch about griefing arent real gamers. Griefing is a part of gaming, learn to like it or GEEEEEETTT OOUUUUUUTTTT

• AlienTwo and InternetBully like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 04 December 2013 - 07:23 PM.

General killing and blowing up the odd PV here and there isn't griefing.  Griefing is when you persist, purposely acting in a manner that you know is spoiling someone else's fun (and potentially actually upsetting someone).  It's the weakest form of bullying, that pussies use to try and get their e-peen hard because nothing else works for them.

• Ryan_, coach_wargo, TheGreenSadler and 6 others like this

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

There is no such thing as griefing, there are noobs and then there are people who don't complain about playing a game.

• Canucks555 likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:24 PM Edited by biggsull, 04 December 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Why should you care what other's opinions of your virtual behavior is? ESPECIALLY anyone here.

Because companies like EA start to enforce rules based on their whines. You start to get punished for playing the game and being good at it, better at it than the complainer.

Worse, they start to balance so that skill means nothing.. See call of duty skill gap being lowered.. They make it so any mouthbreather can jump into a game and dominate like a pro... because it takes no skill or learning curve or anything.

It has to do with the anti internet bullying camp.. bunch of losers who think that by seeking out abuse they are being bullied... then when the mentally unstable idiot kills themselves, the girlfriend of the guy she f*cked gets the blame.

Dumb bitch sleeps with someones boyfriend, gets treated like the piece of sh*t she is and then offs herself, blame the victim.. the girlfriend.

I was bullied, real bullied, the kind thats right in your face and you cant avoid. The kind where fighting back means physically fighting 7 people at once and bleeding from it afterwards. People who bitch about mental anguish from internet interactions make me puke. Turn it off, leave the game, dont go there to begin with. Stop being a nazi and telling other people they cant be human just because you aren't.

• petraeus, HiddenAnonyous, Kahkenbols and 2 others like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Well... people say I have no heart, and therefore I should NOT care.  But I assure you, this isn't true.  I care because I DO have a heart... I have the heart of a 7 year old boy in a jar of formaldehyde on a shelf in my office.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

I get sent messages like f*ck you Paki c*nt

After I've killed the sender like 30x

I consider those messages griefing

If you killed one dude 30x, couldn't that be considered griefing, or did he keep engaging with you?

You know them times when you're just sitting in your car/tank and you drive past them slowly mean no harm, stop to check your emails or make a phone call irl, then baaam the dude stops his car and tries to get in the tank or blow you up in your PV

yeah that's what pisses me off most times to go on killing sprees, I rarely ever die

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

General killing and blowing up the odd PV here and there isn't griefing.  Griefing is when you persist, purposely acting in a manner that you know is spoiling someone else's fun (and potentially actually upsetting someone).  It's the weakest form of bullying, that pussies use to try and get their e-peen hard because nothing else works for them.

This is what I agree with.  I've killed people many times, but as soon as I see a consistent pattern of running away(of course, this has to be predicated by the player not trying to ruin my fun first), I let them go play by themselves. 

InternetBully
  • InternetBully

u wot m8?

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

If you like cruising and doing pve, then do your thing man.

As long as you know that PvP (in all its forms good and bad) is part of the game and are prepared for it whenever it happens, then your playing the game as intended. More often than not, the "griefing" happens in the head of the "victim" and not actually ingame. Just by knowing that, you reduce your chances of being griefed 100%.

You'll still get camped a couple of times here and there in your GTA life, but then you'll look at it like "oh it's 'that' kind of pvper" rather than thinking "omg pvp wankers everywhere!1!!". Random gun fights are some of the best thing about GTA. It can happen anywhere, at any time.

And when it does you find yourself looking at that area you're in, somewhere that you have drove past a hundred times without a thought, in a complete different light. You find yourself exploring every nook and cranny just to get different covers. And that helps a lot with making the game feel more alive, there are so many areas that are accessible that you wouldn't think of if it wasn't for pvp.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Because companies like EA start to enforce rules based on their whines. You start to get punished for playing the game and being good at it, better at it than the complainer.

Worse, they start to balance so that skill means nothing.. See call of duty skill gap being lowered.. They make it so any mouthbreather can jump into a game and dominate like a pro... because it takes no skill or learning curve or anything.

This isn't even an official Rockstar forum much less an EA forum so why should anyone's novice opinion here matter. And Rockstar doesn't ban for playstyle...only that bitchass EA does.

Kolourblynd
  • Kolourblynd

Crackhead

• Members

Funny, talking about skill in games that have aim-bot built in?

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

DTA

Don't Trust Anybody

Misery loves company. If a white dot approaches on the radar, it's probably someone that's miserable looking to make you miserable with them; some fat kid who gets picked on by the jocks and laughed at by the girls who turns Super Saiyan 9001 when they turn this game on looking to take their frustrations out on you. Get your guns ready.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

DTA

Don't Trust Anybody

Misery loves company. If a white dot approaches on the radar, it's probably someone that's miserable looking to make you miserable with them; some fat kid who gets picked on by the jocks and laughed at by the girls who turns Super Saiyan 9001 when they turn this game on looking to take their frustrations out on you. Get your guns ready.

My theory exactly.  And I don't take it personally when I am killed for being in range of a gun, it's what I expect.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Funny, talking about skill in games that have aim-bot built in?

Implying everyone plays with auto aim.

Implying there is no more to a shooter than targeting.

Call of duty baddie never had to think about position in relation to his team or weapon selection/balance or vehicles or open world zones or abilities like off the radar or muggers/BH timing  or anything but fire that tube, call those choppers in!

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

This isn't even an official Rockstar forum much less an EA forum so why should anyone's novice opinion here matter. And Rockstar doesn't ban for playstyle...only that bitchass EA does.

You have to think long term. Cash cards are new to rockstar, new to battlefield now even... You need to call these trends out when you see them, not after they have their effect on gaming for the worse.

I see a trend and I dont like it, little kiddies crying about being bad at a game and being made to feel bad. Guess what, if you are bad you SHOULD feel bad, get good or stop playing.. or accept you arent as good as others, there will always be someone better than you... people being allowed to think they are awesome as a means of selling more copies only has one effect, lower quality overall.. You cant have a quality game that lets everyone win.

I cant stress that enough, its worth saying again.. here it is:

You cant have a quality game that lets everyone win.

• AlienTwo likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

You cant have a quality game that lets everyone win.

For The Win

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

f*cking hate the guts out of any one who says aim bot this aim bot that is no skill, it's f*cking gta you c*nt it's always been aim assisted do your research before you say ain't no skill involved hate c*nts like yoh

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

f*cking hate the guts out of any one who says aim bot this aim bot that is no skill, it's f*cking gta you c*nt it's always been aim assisted do your research before you say ain't no skill involved hate c*nts like yoh

You from the "Little Continent"?

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:19 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 04 December 2013 - 08:20 PM.

Killing someone who hasn't fired a single bullet at you is griefing imo.

If they are fighting back its a legit battle and the better player'll come out ontop (or the higher rank)

If they shoot at you its open season on them.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

If they are fighting back its a legit battle and the better player'll come out ontop (or the higher rank)

By that logic, no one should ever shoot anyone else.  In your opinion, the only way to not grief is to have a "live-and-let-live" policy in GTA free roam?

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 04 December 2013 - 08:24 PM.

By that logic, no one should ever shoot anyone else.  In your opinion, the only way to not grief is to have a "live-and-let-live" policy in GTA free roam?

By my logic if someone has the intent to get into fights in free roam they'll with no sneakiness involved start shooting way before someone gets close to them, while shooting someone next to you who is minding their own bidness is griefing.  If that makes sense.

Basically if someone wants to fight you won't get the drop on them, you'll both start shooting.

I mean its not hard to notice on the minimap if someone is looking at you and coming closer as much as people's egos want them to think they are better most of the time people let others get close to them because they don't wanna fight.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Okay, that is much more reasonable.  I still shoot the second I see a dot getting near me, no matter what direction they face.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

lol wtf? no most of winning in gta means getting the drop on your opponent, not shooting first is just asking to be killed lol

anyways this isnt barbie play-land its gta 5 go back to ur ponies and castles

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 04 December 2013 - 08:30 PM.

lol wtf? no most of winning in gta means getting the drop on your opponent, not shooting first is just asking to be killed lol

anyways this isnt barbie play-land its gta 5 go back to ur ponies and castles

A single way to completely own your way of thinking is this: Its impossible to get the drop on someone since you're always on the minimap (unless you of course buy the option from Lester and in that case most people run/drive away since a dot vanishes near them and no one has left the session and get paranoid from there on/shoot anyone that looks dif from the NPCa.) and the minimap SHOWS what way you're facing and if you're coming closer to someone.

So plz anime dude, Gtfo with that "Yo bro, I get duh drop on pplz, I r duh bestest." logic of yours.

Dubie81
  • Dubie81

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

Fighting someone, even for no reason, isn't really grieving I think. I'd say it becomes briefing when the other guy is. Trying to run away, yet you keep spawn killing them anyway. If they really want to get into the fight, they'll be shooting back at you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users