Quantcast

» «
Photo

high level people. do you flaunt it or hide it?

133 replies to this topic

Poll: Flaunt it or hide it? (210 member(s) have cast votes)

do you flaunt your wealth/high rank?

1. hell yes! If you've got it, flaunt it (48 votes [22.86%])

Percentage of vote: 22.86%

2. Nope, unless you looked at my rank you wouldn't know i'm a high level millionaire based on what i wear and drive (162 votes [77.14%])

Percentage of vote: 77.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

I'm a relatively high level, 250 give or take a couple, but I don't flaunt it, nothing to flaunt really.

I've got cars from an Adder to a Primo and wear a polo shirt with beach shorts because it's what I wear IRL.

If I take pride in anything it's my garages and K/D ratio (sad I know).

zQUEENz
  • zQUEENz

zQueen MsBz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:23 AM Edited by zQUEENz, 24 July 2014 - 10:24 AM.

Hell yes

Level 759 with 800 Mill, why the f*ck not flaunt it? Lmao!

photo_10.jpg

Bandalamente
  • Bandalamente

About to press reset

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Funnily enough I just suped up a new Feltzer and, thinking that would be what my character would do (he is a bit of a kingpin), I finished it with the expensive gold paint job.

It was like driving a solid gold bar around. Yes it said money... but I just felt like a prize schmuck so downgraded it to a more understated Silver. 

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:30 AM Edited by ModderX, 24 July 2014 - 12:30 PM.

Cheap cars, bland guns, Tinsel Towers and the Hangman House, possibly downgrading to a 2 car garage apartment because I like the interior better. Rank 92 with 11mil in the bank.

I dress cheaply.

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

707 Horsepower

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:40 AM Edited by ZeroSafe5615, 24 July 2014 - 10:42 AM.

I have a fair amount of cars that showcase my "wealth" (Roosevelt, Z-Type, Adder, Zentorno, Monroe, Dubsta 6x6) but I don't drive them all in public lobbies or show them off all the time. As for clothing, I'll either wear a white suit jacket, blue dress shirt, white baggy suit pants, and aviators (Miami Vice style) or I'll wear the Lovefist V-neck, regular faded jeans, black sneakers, and aviators, so I don't really flaunt my status as a level 167.

EDIT: Forgot about my apartment and garage: I have Alta St. Apt 57 (223k) and 1337 Exceptionalist's Way garage by the airport (112.5k).

AfterAnAsea
  • AfterAnAsea

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:12 AM Edited by AfterAnAsea, 24 July 2014 - 11:22 AM.

Rank 40's already drive Adders and Zentorno's nowadays. There's nothing to flaunt anymore.

Wow, sound's pretty boring.  How unsatisfying is that?

On topic:  I'm pushing Rank 130, earned legit.  I try to keep my level low-key by only taking out the RPG and minigun when necessary during Freeroam, and mixing in completing missions without a buzzard.  My choice cars continue to be the Sultan and MW Jeep, both somewhat middle of the road vehicles. 

Unfortunately I can't take what I see for what it is, because I'm sure a really high percentage of the players I come across are like AWEMYGOD (see above).  I would love to believe that when I see a Zentorno backing up into me it was earned legit through days of gameplay, but we all know that chances are that is not the case.  It's frustrating.

The_Herb
  • The_Herb

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

It really depends on how I'm feeling that day. I'm around level 280 and have a garage filled with pretty much all luxury cars (Alpha, Exemplar, Super Diamond, Huntley, Massacro, Roosevelt, etc). Although since the Independence Update, I've gone to the mullet and started to drive the SandKing again. More often than not though, I guess I flaunt it, but that's just because I like my character wearing nice clothes and driving cars I would drive IRL. Although I rarely use the Minigun and RPG, I do bring them out if needed.
  • GunTotinHippie likes this

FertileFuZZ
  • FertileFuZZ

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

Level 160, 30 odd mill, but i drive about in a rusty old Voodoo.. Simples 

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

I don't care about it haha.. I just got to level 176 I think.
Now, I am pretty sure that I speak for every one with a REAL high level (120+), that you stop giving a damn less and less every time you level up from 120.
I have a garage full of super cars, and another one with trucks, bikes and normal souped up cars but I don't really care what other people think of me when they look at my rank haha, I'm pretty sure alot of people are like that
  • FertileFuZZ likes this

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

I have a stupid looking character and swing between trying to make expensive cars look smart, or going mental like I have no taste. Mostly the latter.  For the lulz.

I do not yet have a Chradder, but fully intend to.  Right now it has a nice ice white paint job with light blue trim and blue smoke from the tyres.  If I could pay for paint once, then switch back and forth, I would, but if I carry on playing and get the cash, I want a 2nd Adder, in chrome, because it really annoys people.

:)

Chrunchip
  • Chrunchip

Homeboy

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

No need to show off anything... just driving around coupés or sports replica. Same with the outfits... most of the "high rank" unlocks look sh*tty... anyway does anyone even know which clothes are unlocked at the higher ranks? o_O i play since day one and don't know yet if you wear a rank 5 T-shirt or a rank 90 hoody xD

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

Hey wait, how old is this thread? Surely everyone is high level now, what's to flaunt? :/

For the record, nearly lvl 200, lots invested in cars to race, poor ass 10 car garage, small 6 car house in PB with a super, 2 sports and a coupe in storage, not much money in the bank. I dress like a freak and mostly drive my sabre.
Occasionally I drive my Stinger GT about, not because its expensive but because its lovely.
Not in the least bit bothered about swagness.
People don't tend to see my high lvl weapons cause its funnier to do something stupid and unexpected no?
  • Chrunchip likes this

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Once I found my "look" I pretty much stuck to it.  I don't really waste much time changing it.

I did go through a phase of giving him curly hair, leather jacket, tight jeans, then driving around in a black custom Ruiner claming to be "Knight Rider" whilst talking in a silly voice.

I know millionaires IRL who you would think were tramps and guys who have low salaries and stupid debts that think they're God's gift...

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

I'm level 54 and have $6.4 mil but no I don't flaunt it. I live in my modest 6 car garage and only wear tshirt+jeans most of the time. The most expensive car's I own are my Stinger (topless), Stinger (GT), Stinger (Softtop). I like Stingers. 

SecretDonkey14
  • SecretDonkey14

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:26 PM Edited by SecretDonkey14, 24 July 2014 - 12:27 PM.

Main is male 197 and wears camo shorts, boots and sunglasses. Usually drive zentorno or akuma, sometimes the fully matte black buffalo s. Second char female 112 wears leopard bikini bottoms, leopard high heels and mirror aviators, mostly rides a bati 801. If you saw them you wouldn't think high level or wealthy, but both have chrome adders to take out when I'm looking to start a fight.

kdub
  • kdub

GTAL Maestro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:49 PM Edited by kdub, 24 July 2014 - 03:17 PM.

Being a high rank can sort of be a burden really. I've been playing since January and I'm at rank 263. You start getting asked if you know/do money glitches (which I don't glitch/mod/hack at all) or get asked if you've done any RP glitches. For me it's those questions, sometimes getting avoided (or even being voted to get kicked) in FM, and occasionally getting kicked from random races/DM's you join. I can be doing something as simple as walking/driving in a tunnel w/ a bounty on my head and someone will message me or say in game chat "Dude, I'm standing right where this guy's blip is and I can't see him. Woahhh, he's a 263! He's gotttttta be glitching. No doubt. He must RP mod too, to get to 263." Followed by a  "I'm reporting you, *insert gamertag* "...

I wouldn't recommend flaunting your rank/in-game cash all the time because at this point, with tons of kids in GTAO and tons more each day, some random punk can come up to you and shoot you, you kill them to get even. they get butthurt and get a tank. You destroy tank, they either immediately go to passive mode, ragequit session/game, or look at you/your car/rank/gamertag, and report you because... well...   because it's the internet.

Apollo00063
  • Apollo00063

I am that guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

My guy runs around in camo shorts and a t-shirt. I have a few supers, but I enjoy off-road and muscle cars and drive them most of the time so people might think I am poor (over 6 million in the bank - though most people that used Adders to get rich will probably say I'm poor). I'm not hiding anything intentionally though. 

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

high level, millionaire, go around killing people in my super cars while wearing a fitted suit, so yeah i do flaunt my wealth!

cattafett
  • cattafett

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

outfit - purple shoes, purple trousers, pink waistcoat, green tie, purple hat and sometimes pink ape or neon purple mask

guns - all with the platinum tint, most tints unlocked but never used

cars - a few high ends adder, stinger gt and a dubsta 6x6 with chrome as secondary 

WhyUShootMe
  • WhyUShootMe

Car Enthusiast!

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Even though I'm level 120 with nearly a billion in the bank account, I like to live the quiet life. I live in a modest 6 car garage house out in Paleto Bay where I store my Grotti collection. I also live at Tinsel Towers but my garage contains a lot of cars you would find of the street, e.g Sultan RS, Futo, Phoenix.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:18 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 July 2014 - 03:18 PM.

i feel levels to be irrelevant, i only show my wealth when i start giving 9k bounty parties, whoever gets it is the next victim and so on.

the only thing i glance at to see a players wealth or status is to check their player stats, namedly the icons for planes, helis and boats.

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:22 PM Edited by AWEMYGOD, 24 July 2014 - 03:23 PM.

Rank 40's already drive Adders and Zentorno's nowadays. There's nothing to flaunt anymore.

Wow, sound's pretty boring.  How unsatisfying is that?

Why would you ask me that? I'm just telling what I see. Every lowlevel in freeroam surprisingly already owns the most expensive cars.

I'm just saying there's nothing to flaunt with in this game anymore. Everyone has everything.

Woman
  • Woman

Woman

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

high level, millionaire, go around killing people in my super cars while wearing a fitted suit, so yeah i do flaunt my wealth!

0_0.jpg

Carimbo Hanky Panky loves to butter himself up. 

RoadkillGumbo
  • RoadkillGumbo

Unwashed Heathen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

My 206 lvl character lives a modest life and rides a beefed up Akuma to work everyday. My main apartment/garage is filled with high end vehicles, but I hardly ever drive any of them, I prefer the freedom that only a biker enjoys!

PS3_Pan
  • PS3_Pan

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

I enjoy taking all my cars out and cleaning the dust off of them.  This can add a bit of a challenge too as it can be quite difficult evading a supercar throwing stickies while driving a mini coop.

I do not have any chrome cars.

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

a bit of both really, i have 6mil and every car i want (16) plus every pegasus vehicle, i dress how i like and change every now and again, i have a range of different cars and drive whatever i feel like, other players find out hw boss i am as soon as they show aggression towards me 

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'm a high level, but that's only because I play the game a lot. Why would I flaunt it? There is probably level 7's who could take me out easy as pie because I don't PvP ever. Level 155.

AhmadMJamal
  • AhmadMJamal

I simply believe what doesn't kill you... makes you stranger

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:49 PM Edited by AhmadMJamal, 24 July 2014 - 03:54 PM.

Also id rather eat a bowl of dicks then act like Justin Beiber.

:lol:

that idiot is going to be the next Leif Garrett mark my words.

I was ROFL when I read Justin Beiber or bowl of dicks. Lol

Hell yes

photo_10.jpg

what the hell did you do to that Sentinel?!!!

Hell yes

photo_10.jpg

Hell yes

photo_10.jpg

Hell yes

photo_10.jpg

Hell yes

Level 759 with 800 Mill, why the f*ck not flaunt it it? Lmao!

photo_10.jpg

Hell yes

photo_10.jpg

Hell yes

photo_10.jpg

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

I don't try to flaunt anything.

I just play the game.

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Zion Cabrio with average but classy clothes. That is all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users