Photo

What do you do when...

32 replies to this topic
gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

... When you aren't doing missions/racing/grinding etc? What do you do when you are alone in LS?

I like to take in the insanely detailed world Rockstar have created, set a waypoint and then walk the streets to the destination, listening to the hustle and bustle, eavesdropping on NPC's phone conversations. The amount of detail they have put into this world is really incredible, you don't really get to experience it when you are whizzing by in a vehicle imo. I've also found many I would probably miss when driving everywhere such as stunt jumps and transvestites. 

So, I'm interested to see what other people get upto in their (GTA online) spare time.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

I usually pick up hookers and then murder them in a back alley. Serial killer.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

Kill people. Lots of people.

InternetBully
  • InternetBully

u wot m8?

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by InternetBully, 04 December 2013 - 05:26 PM.

I kill and get killed.

Also the tank : "im bored so you all get to die now lulz"

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

Recently I've taken to exploring the army base for as long as possible without being seen.  I got this photo without a wanted level...

0_0.jpg

When I get bored in there I'll turn my attention to the prison and see if I can get some shots in there.

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

When in Freeroam, I go around and see what other players are doing-which usually doesn't end very well.

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

I forgot to mention photography is a cool way to spend some time, travelling to different areas taking pictures of cool people/things. 

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Similar to OP.  I love the tiny details, the way all the mirrors work, things are reflected in sunglasses, sunsets and sunrises always gorgeous... damn I miss the animals from SP though.  Those Palmeto Pines nights get cold and lonely.

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

i stalk players and send people weirs messages. 

i sent this one kid a message on the cellphone saying "i see u kid, ur fuked" 

and he went up to the very edge of the map (north side) and we were the only 2 players there, he kept checking the map to see if i was following him hahah... 

funny stuff 

• Furry_Monkey likes this

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Chase crate drops.  Snipe Lazers out of the sky.  Troll the trolls.  Snipe the snipers.

And I'll try to find my way around different areas without using GPS.  Or from a strange area try to find my way home.  It bothers me that I still don't know this entire city like I did with all the other GTA games.

• gevans81 likes this

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

And I'll try to find my way around different areas without using GPS.  Or from a strange area try to find my way home.  It bothers me that I still don't know this entire city like I did with all the other GTA games.

Excellent point GraniteDevil this is something I've been meaning to do for a while now, take my guy somewhere and then see if we can get back to the safehouse by only using our instincts. Can you turn the hud off in GTA online? That would make it even more immersive.

giskills
  • giskills

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

Driving around looking for rare cars and taking photos of different places and things.

Deikiell
  • Deikiell

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

I murder other players and blow up their vehicles for fun, and sometime I wreck player's car with a baseball bat when they are inside their car, they usually shoot me haha

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

I usually start doing head level fly by's at top speed in my buzzard. or spectating police chases from the air pretending to be an over zealous news chopper. Occasionally aiding the wanted criminal by eliminating some flying pigs.

• xNinjaStarfishx likes this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

I like to brush up on my flying skills
Find good locations for future player made missions and races
Take in the small details of LS.
Couple of things it's lacking... NPC fights
Police patrols (not just racing around in cars)
Other than that, the game is very detailed on the small things.

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

I cruise around with my Akuma, leave the roads mostly and see how fast I can go over mountain ridges without crash-landing.

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Skydive.

Go home and get drunk and high.

Go swimming and jet skiing at the beach.

Go to the Vanilla Unicorn and feel on Nikki in VIP.

Start at one end of the map and see if I can make it to the other end on foot without getting killed.

See how long I can follow someone before they start shooting or trying to sticky bomb me.

Call the mugger or mercs on someone random and watch it on TV.

Look for someone being bullied on TV and go help them.

Take pictures of random people and things.

Take a shower.

Go to bed.

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Do something else. I don't play when my friends aren't on.

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by Drummin, 04 December 2013 - 08:28 PM.

I go into passive mode. Go to the lsc in the middle of the map, and just watch. Whether it's people spawning for the lsc glitch, people trying to shoot me, or watching epic cop battles. Something ALWAYS goes down there. Lol pretty funny stuff.

There's also a row of cars always parked, perfect for the sandking.

JustaMute
  • JustaMute

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

I just go around killing the cops with my tank or just go around killing people with bounties on their heads, sometime I see (2) on the map & just go up & kill them so they can chase me so I can do some crazy maneuvers, driving off road, jumping over lakes, from hill to hill & just craziness.

I havent done that in a while though, I just drive my tank around killing cops, I duplicate it & ask if anyone if they want a tank, but I hardly ever get any replies... & if I see a high rank player killing a low rank player over again, I just set bounties on the higher rank for people to kill him &/or just go up and kill him over again until he leaves the lower rank alone.

I'm a humble tank driver, but if someone goes up to me and starts shooting me or just tries to pull me out of it, I kill them, I do message them to say that i'm friendly, but they'll carry on doing it anyways.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

I usually get on my Sanchez and explore the city getting into all the nooks and crannys, when i get bored of that then i stock up on snacks and hit the hills.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

... When you aren't doing missions/racing/grinding etc? What do you do when you are alone in LS?

I'm in that same situation right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cjs3315
  • Cjs3315

Kill 'em With Kindness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

Most of my time on GTA Online is spent on my BMX, looking for stuff to jump & grind. It can get pretty exciting. Gather a few friends & take your bikes to the dirt trails near Paleto Bay. Always a fun time! :)

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by AzraelX, 05 December 2013 - 12:33 AM.

I don't play alone in LS, that sounds boring. I also don't do missions much anymore. I spend all my time in public free roam sessions.

And if I get a request for it, sometimes I'll join golf or darts. They're pretty well-designed games within the game.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

I often just drive aimlessly and see what happens. If I feel like some action, I call 911 and shoot whoever turns up.

Also some fun to be had ramping off ridges upstate - love powering over the edge and then a 500-foot semi-lateral freefall opens out in front of you - some seriously gut-wrenching plummets have come out of that - never gets old. 

• gevans81 likes this

Clumshot
  • Clumshot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

I take my off roading car and see how far I can jump it or just rally in my Porsche killing people

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

nothing anymore, it's boring lol. I idle more than I play now

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

I like griefing other NPCs in their cars. Crash into them and honk til they panic and then the chase is on.

It sucks that all NPC cars weigh like a ton and grip the road like magnets, even in rain, but still fun to chase them and try to wreck them as much as possible before they kick the bucket from my onslaught.

Weeny Issy's are the funnest to push around. Lol.

Markf44.4
  • Markf44.4

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

Quit

plan9fromatx
  • plan9fromatx

S.O.U.L.S

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

Cruise around on a BMX doing 180s everywhere, or cruise on my bagger. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users