» «
Photo

The Pet Peeve Thread

201 replies to this topic
EttoreEnzo
  • EttoreEnzo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:38 PM Edited by EttoreEnzo, 05 January 2014 - 05:39 PM.

The #1 thing that pisses me off in that game is when I enter a mission, and the people I'm in a mission with make a beeline to my car trying to drive it. I then politely get in and drive off into the sunset, leaving them stranded in the desert. Don't touch my sh*t...

why not just keep it locked? Surely you know about holding select, then changing vehicle access to crew/friends only or no-one.

I do keep it locked. It's just the principal that you're trying to get in it.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

The #1 thing that pisses me off in that game is when I enter a mission, and the people I'm in a mission with make a beeline to my car trying to drive it. I then politely get in and drive off into the sunset, leaving them stranded in the desert. Don't touch my sh*t...

why not just keep it locked? Surely you know about holding select, then changing vehicle access to crew/friends only or no-one.

I do keep it locked. It's just the principal that you're trying to get in it.

Are you saying you never try to enter other player's vehicles? I do it all the time. I get the "awww" feeling when it's locked, but the "oh yeah!" feeling when it's unlocked. Until I start it up and they've fixed it with an Ignition Bomb, then the "awww" feeling comes back. <sigh>

Zenon4o
  • Zenon4o

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

Needing to do a quick getaway with cops or others trying to gun you down, you run to your car, press the button to get in then your character decides to try and get in car that's across the street not the one in front of him.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Every kid that plays this game

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:09 PM Edited by elless777, 05 January 2014 - 06:10 PM.

NPC drivers ... they all drive like C*NTS

Tell me about it...they seem to wait especially to f**k me up when racing :/

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

BUFFALOVE

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

The fact that there's something like a three minute cooldown after the mechanic delivers your car but absolutely none when ordering a rhino from pegasus.

Also, being stranded without a vehicle due to said cooldown with the streets being COMPLETELY empty.

...Being stranded without a vehicle due to said cooldown with the streets being COMPLETELY save the tank that destroyed your car in the first place... -.-

B-Turb0
  • B-Turb0

B-Turb0

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:37 PM Edited by B-Turb0, 05 January 2014 - 07:38 PM.

People who spawn kill and camp at LS customs.

There were two guys camped atop a large apartment building (helicopter'd up there) north of the central LSC, rendering the shop useless, even to speedier players. I did the only thing that made any logical sense. I stood in the open area, went into Passive, and used the Jerk gesture repeatedly, drawing their fire until someone with a buzzard knocked them out. Fun stuff!! ;)

I had something like this by my apartment. So I decided to try n snipe the 2 guys. They sniped me first so from a respawn point I was able to blow up there heli with my sniper and then laugh lol. I actually sniped then just after. Insult to injury.

Like someone said. Not voting is annoying. Let's get the game rolling...oh wait we cant DumbAss didn't vote. Thanks for making everyone wait.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

The game not understanding where I am when asking for a car. 

I also hate how every race is a bumper car fest. 

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Jesus Christ is my Nigga

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Looking for a deathmatch and only getting thrown into the sh*tty R* Verified ones over and over again.

Looking for a race and only getting thrown into the sh*tty R* Verified ones over and over again.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

The mechanic.

f*cker can never deliver my car.

And when he does, he keeps driving and driving and driving.

Then when he stops, and I get in, he pulls me out! WTF! So I kick his ass before getting in my own car now. IF I can get it, that is.

itsmeMOB
  • itsmeMOB

Man Of THe Year

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Cops. I can't do sh*t without them always on my ass, and top it all off it's so hard to escape from them, even when I'm doing a 1v1 DM they're STILL there, they need to fix that.

wei wei
  • wei wei

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

i hate auto-aim. auto-aim needs to focus on the nearest target(not the farthest) and it should let us toggle in between targets while aiming.

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Miss Demeanor

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Being run over/struck multiple times by a player's car in an attempt to kill you while helplessly not being able to pull a weapon between hits.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

i hate auto-aim. auto-aim needs to focus on the nearest target(not the farthest) and it should let us toggle in between targets while aiming.

I think Traditional GTA aiming does what you're describing. But I like assist aiming because it goes to the target nearing to your crosshairs.. A lot more accurate than locking to some old lady right behind you when there's a couple enemy players just in front of you but slightly further away .

The mechanic.
f*cker can never deliver my car.
And when he does, he keeps driving and driving and driving.
Then when he stops, and I get in, he pulls me out! WTF! So I kick his ass before getting in my own car now. IF I can get it, that is.

yep lol so many times im stuck having to hero snipe my mechanic cause he's driving my car away from me

He'll also often deliver than wrong vehicle, or spawn on a bridge on top of me and very out of reach where I can't even get to it

afastsloth
  • afastsloth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:26 PM Edited by afastsloth, 05 January 2014 - 08:26 PM.

this may not be a pet peeve to the game itself, but to the community.

i have a few of them but THIS WILL MAKE ME SOUND LIKE HYPOCRITE so lets get that out of the way

i hate the way the community judge other peoples car because they modify it differently.. i mean, its their car, so let them do whateer they want with it.. i too hate tacky modifications like big rims and low profile tyres on an SUV or classic cars, or coloured smoke. but i respect that cause thats the way people like how their car looks.. but why do people complain too much in forums..

i hate how most people go around and talking how the sultan is defenitely a subaru impreza, while its totaly a firstgen lexus is/toyota altezza with lancer evo iv/v/vi rear lights..

aanndd the last one, i hate how the community complains about the bad racing, and how people doesn't race cleanly.. like for fck sakes man its GTA!!! dont get me wrong but i like to race clean but its GTA its not a racing simulator.. if you want a clean racing go play some forza if youre on the 360 or play Gran turismo if youre on the ps3. like daammnn almost every fkin gta forum i went to have that complaining thread about the racers in gta..

see i sound like a hypocrite but damn it feels good posting this hahaha

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

Hey rockstar, HOW F*CKING HARD IS IT TO KEEP ME AND MY FRIENDS TOGETHER AFTER WE DO SOME MISSIONS? You throw me and 1 friend in a random lobby, while all the others get put in their lobby.

This makes no sense at all.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

The disappearing ammo upon death glitch. Seems to happen whenever I have the combat mg or grenade launcher equipped when I die.

SpookyBizzle
  • SpookyBizzle

Realest Vampire Out.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

I absolutely cannot stand the filters they place on your screen when your on a winning or losing streak makes me unable to see jack sh*t and i end up being killed by someone who was in-front of me the whole time that i was unable to see.

jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Other drivers crashing into you for no reason at all, if you are passing them a lot of times they make a left or a right turn (in a place where they shouldn't) just to crash into you, I've also had cars from opposite lanes veer into my lane just to crash my car. It seems to be hardwired into the game, like one of those scripted parts of the story mode missions where a truck or a bus blocks your path at exactly the worse possible time when you are chasing someone.

The weird thing is that it's not only when I'm being chased by cops or if I'm chasing someone during a mission (which could be a cheap game mechanic), it happens all the time.

Dementious
  • Dementious

As mad as a hatter and as crazy as sin.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

This happens to me every time. If you escape from a mugger in 10 seconds or so the nearest civilian to you will turn into the next mugger. I phoned for my mechanic just as I escaped and he came out and said " Hey, that scratch was already there right? " I walked over to my car and he came running up behind me and slammed my head on the car door, rendering me unconscious for a few seconds as he drove off in said car. Never have I been so mad! 

jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Oh, and cops getting in the way during a gun fight in freemode (yeah, I use auto aim, so what? if I wanted freem aim I'd play an FPS) , it's annoying as hell, even if the other player is right in front of me, auto aim targets a cop that's half a mile from me hiding behind a car.

Joe89NUFC
  • Joe89NUFC

NUFC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

the 9k bounty limit is far to low.

rockstar lowing cash rewards for jobs and races thus trying to force people into buying cashcards. 

when you claim a bounty and then that player tries to kill you afterwards. its nothing personal, its just business.

players who haven't even hit puberty yet.

players who own mics and have the most annoying voice in the world. (see above) really shut the f*ck up!

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:05 PM Edited by OurJud, 05 January 2014 - 10:13 PM.

• Spawning in the MoN after a job. Why can't we choose where we spawn like we can after dying?

• When the MW helicopter pilot won't land because there's a leaf in his 'landing zone', and instead just hovers endlessly at 80 feet, and THEN after five minutes has the damn cheek to shout, "What the hell's going on here!?"

Other drivers crashing into you for no reason at all, if you are passing them a lot of times they make a left or a right turn (in a place where they shouldn't) just to crash into you, I've also had cars from opposite lanes veer into my lane just to crash my car. It seems to be hardwired into the game, like one of those scripted parts of the story mode missions where a truck or a bus blocks your path at exactly the worse possible time when you are chasing someone.

The weird thing is that it's not only when I'm being chased by cops or if I'm chasing someone during a mission (which could be a cheap game mechanic), it happens all the time.

And this ^^ It's silly, unnecessary and infuriating.

Finally, the fact that this forum doesn't use spell check.

xcaliber81
  • xcaliber81

Pothead

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

My biggest pet peeve is thus forum why cant I select the very last page like in every other forum on the internet?

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:30 PM Edited by OurJud, 05 January 2014 - 10:33 PM.

My biggest pet peeve is thus forum why cant I select the very last page like in every other forum on the internet?

You can.

If you're on the main page, just click where it says 'X minutes / hours / days ago' under the poster's name.

And if you find yourself on the first page of the thread, just click the '>>' symbol on the pagination.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Jesus Christ is my Nigga

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

You can.

If you're on the main page, just click where it says 'X minutes / hours / days ago' under the poster's name.

And if you find yourself on the first page of the thread, just click the '>>' symbol on the pagination.

Here's a crude visual to add to this. 

TM8WBkz.jpg

• OurJud likes this

Spiffy McNugget
  • Spiffy McNugget

Titled Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

The cricket thread.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

aanndd the last one, i hate how the community complains about the bad racing, and how people doesn't race cleanly.. like for fck sakes man its GTA!!! dont get me wrong but i like to race clean but its GTA its not a racing simulator.. if you want a clean racing go play some forza if youre on the 360 or play Gran turismo if youre on the ps3. like daammnn almost every fkin gta forum i went to have that complaining thread about the racers in gta..

see i sound like a hypocrite but damn it feels good posting this hahaha

you say go play Gran Turismo if I wanna race clean, I say you should go play Twisted Metal if you wanna ram other drivers and be a dick

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 05 January 2014 - 11:35 PM.

There's a 4 year old playing the lobby that I'm in right now (I asked him).  Come on parents, get your act together.

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

When your holding up a store with a friend and you go to let a few shots off to hurry things along but end up pistol whipping your partner in crime who then returns to kill you while your texting him sorry :(
  • fw3 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users