Photo

The Pet Peeve Thread

201 replies to this topic
Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

Pet peeve?  For me it's the way that, when a car spins out, 999/1000 times it ends up facing the camera. Steering into a slide seems to have no effect at all for me. 

Related: when I hit a car from behind, cop car or npc or whatever, said car might fishtail a bit or simply be bumped forward. When a car hits me from behind? Insta-anti-gravity field catapults me in 5 directions at once, flying out of control.

CreamyPies
  • CreamyPies

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

Being killed by own team-mates in missions thereby adding a kill to my "killed by other players" column.

Gutslub
  • Gutslub

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

The polarity of Passive Mode's usefulness. It can be completely useless at times, and then abused to hell and back. It should have never been implemented in the first place, or at least show the 10-second timer above that particular player's head when they choose to disable it.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

When you get into a head-on collision with a Futo in your Rebel, and the Futo keeps going, pushing you like you're made out of paper.

• Kano Giovanni likes this

Kano Giovanni
  • Kano Giovanni

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

When you get into a head-on collision with a Futo in your Rebel, and the Futo keeps going, pushing you like you're made out of paper.

ROFL....yeah, I don't know how many times that's happened to me too! I hear Ya' Bro.I hear Ya'.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

My newest Pet Peeve™...

Toolbox players in Survival who get 2 kills to my 27, every round, and THEY pick up all the armor and healths.

Seriously, bro? I mean, seriously??

• codename_duchess likes this

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

Players who drive off in the mission objective vehicles ahead of everyone else and end up getting killed/destroyed because no one is there to run interference. Especially the morons in trailer trucks who seem to think it can take corners like a supercar.

• fw3 likes this

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

Having no legitimate way to straight up give you cash.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Mission/DM/Race Quitters

Just won a round of Survival: Processed, by myself. Not that I chose to do it alone, but the other players kept quitting. 

First was the Level 568 who ran around, like an electric monkey, distracting us for the first wave... then quit.
Then the two low-level players who died within 3 seconds of subsequent waves.

Was actually surprised to have made it, but hey - I'll take the RPs!! ;)

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• BUSTED!
  • NATO

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Simeon

That fat bastard wants cars delivered and when I even accidentally enter on one of them, instant 2 stars

f*cking annoying

• fw3 likes this

LeoV
  • LeoV

The Invincible R.E.G.I.S Mark V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

Simeon
That fat bastard wants cars delivered and when I even accidentally enter on one of them, instant 2 stars
f*cking annoying

THIS. Also dumbies that play music play music in their mic. One time I was forced with a couple friends to play in game chat due to Xbox live party issues. We ended up rallying pretty much everyone in the free roam lobby just to spawn kill this one guy who was blasting his crappy music. Took that guy over 3 hours to leave. Then after he left me and a couple friends followed him into the session he left to and chased him out of playing the game in general. He hasn't been on since then it seems.
  • fw3 likes this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

Rolling down the hill as if I was an amputee.

• fw3, codename_duchess and ~Joseph~ like this

~Joseph~
  • ~Joseph~

Pro Racer |2-1 Ratio|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by ~Joseph~, 01 January 2014 - 08:28 PM.

Vehicle Physics.

Saints Row Physics

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Rolling down the hill as if I was an amputee.

That made me laugh out loud!!! ;)

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

Not being able to buy a few select items/services unless you have the cash on hand, like sending a mugger or getting your car out of the impound. It's such an arbitrary attempt at realism with money, even though this is the same game that allows you to magically withdraw and deposit cash with your smart phone.

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

My biggest peeve is people who use adders, entity's, or any other car and shoot at you backwards from it(using the roof/back windshield as cover). Knowing that unless you want bad sport points and/or to spend 10k replacing their car then you have no choice but to book it. If they are really good at it they will move around as they do it so it makes it even harder to squeeze shots into that tiny space. Much like the scrubs that hide in tanks, they usually have no actual cojones to fight you legitimately for fear of being shown up.

• We Are Ninja likes this

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

The fact civilians run whenever you point a gun at them. Hostage taking is impossible.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

Mechanic is the anti-christ

bC9ntKq.jpg

I feel like a horrible person now! He simply wants a decent salary to feed his wife and kids and then I beat him to atoms. Damn.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

My biggest peeve is people who use adders, entity's, or any other car and shoot at you backwards from it(using the roof/back windshield as cover). Knowing that unless you want bad sport points and/or to spend 10k replacing their car then you have no choice but to book it. If they are really good at it they will move around as they do it so it makes it even harder to squeeze shots into that tiny space. Much like the scrubs that hide in tanks, they usually have no actual cojones to fight you legitimately for fear of being shown up.

Those folks don't bother me too much.  The moment they try it with me, my RPG comes out and they've got to run like hell if they hope to get it back from Mors Mutual after they respawn.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

By far, my biggest pet peeve is when several tank griefers work in tandem (usually rolling in a convoy) to spawn-kill/troll everyone in the vicinity in an effort to "shut down (or own) the lobby". I thought it was just because the stars were in alignment or something, but I've seen it several times. You can take out a tank. If you're good, you can take out two (and even if you manage to do so, you're essentially feeding the troll...). You can't take out five... -.-

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

Friends who I drive 3 miles to help because I saw them die, and it turns out they're the homicidal maniac and guns me down too.

Most of my Uncharted 3 friends are pricks, apparently. So much for "nice people".

EttoreEnzo
  • EttoreEnzo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

The #1 thing that pisses me off in that game is when I enter a mission, and the people I'm in a mission with make a beeline to my car trying to drive it. I then politely get in and drive off into the sunset, leaving them stranded in the desert. Don't touch my sh*t...

JeepXJFreak98
  • JeepXJFreak98

Corrupting Halls Of Fame Since 1996

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

My pet peeve is not being able to store the freaking Rat-Loader anymore. Started with that car, and kept upgrading it using the cash I earned until it was finally complete at level 100 (with 100% armor). Then Rockstar takes the damn thing away for the silliest reason. Utility vehicle my ass.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

I hate the new "One Bounty per in-game day" allowed to be set on any one player.

policia32
  • policia32

Rat

• Members
  • Rwanda

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

The fact that there's something like a three minute cooldown after the mechanic delivers your car but absolutely none when ordering a rhino from pegasus.

Also, being stranded without a vehicle due to said cooldown with the streets being COMPLETELY empty.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

HEY MY FRIEND! HERE'S A LIST OF CARS I WANT EVEN THOUGH YOUR LEVEL 89 AND DON'T NEED PETTY CASH!

I used large text because simeon constantly harasses you until you get him a car he wants.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

I don't know if anyone else can relate to this but the game has decided I haven't won a sea race. I have, but there are now locked paint jobs mocking me in lsc. I tried hosting a sea race but nobody joined. Nobody I know is playing atm. I don't particularly even want matte lime green paint but it annoys me I can not have it.

Grrr...

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Constantly hovering in the clouds

Rockstar should give a stat for how long you f*cking spend up there.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

Hosts who always leave Catch Up - ON in races

Low rider wheels on super cars

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

The #1 thing that pisses me off in that game is when I enter a mission, and the people I'm in a mission with make a beeline to my car trying to drive it. I then politely get in and drive off into the sunset, leaving them stranded in the desert. Don't touch my sh*t...

why not just keep it locked? Surely you know about holding select, then changing vehicle access to crew/friends only or no-one.

It also pisses me off when people refuse to ride in the same vehicle for missions. I wish all 4 people would ride in the same 4 door car for missions more often, or even 2x2 in two separate cars. But noo, they must drive their own car! I obviously don't mind driving.. Rather like it but I would never refuse a chance to hop in as passenger in a mission.. Just kick back and relax, light one up and let them do the driving work lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users