Would you want to be famous?

34 replies to this topic
WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

If so, then why? If not, then why? And do you have any particular set of skills, skills that make you a dream for people like us?

Personally, I'd like to be famous as long as it'd be mostly Internet fame (see also: PewDiePie), even though I wouldn't mind if people e.g. recognized me on the street or something. But I don't think being famous for stuff I have done in real life would be my thing. And about if I possess any majestic skills that make people amazed...

... I don't really have such, except if you consider something like beatboxing to be that. I'm actually pretty good at beatboxing, if I may say so.

Enough about me. How about you guys?

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

I don't want to be famous at all but i wish i could be rich.

• orbitalraindrops likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

And be constantly followed by hoards of paparazzi, have every step I take scrutinised by voyeuristic "media" a la TMZ, get arrested multiple times for DUI/DWI and when I'm washed up has been, die of a drug overdose? I pass.

• ShadowDog94 likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Came to say this. I wouldn't want paparazzis all over me while I spent all my fortune in coke.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:48 PM Edited by Werebot85, 04 December 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Definitely not. I would hate it if everyone recognized me whenever I go someplace to buy some toilet paper or whatever. Papz following you around everywhere or waiting at your destination? No thanks!

I'm a pretty laid back guy with a pretty laid back life, so just the thought of never being able to have a nice relaxing stroll on the beach with my wife or lunch at a cafe etc without being hounded by annoying fans or paparazzi would drive me totally insane. I would hate to be some pretentious tool whenever I appear in public like most famous people are these days...
  • alias23 likes this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

If completely depends on what I'd be famous for. Are we talking Paris Hilton or Mother Theresa?
  • JustOneMonth likes this

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by Typhus, 04 December 2013 - 06:04 PM.

I want to make people happy with the stories I write. But famous? I don't think so. The writer is quite similar to the painter, because the individual behind the work doesn't matter. The work becomes bigger than the man creating it.

I just want to make everyone smile, I want more friends, I want to help people with my stories and give them happy little tales that can pull them out of the sh*t I've wallowed in all my life.

Is that fame? Perhaps a form of it. But mansions and sports cars and big parties? Honestly, those things confuse the Hell out of me.

Many artists, be they actors or singers, fall so hard precisely because their fame isolates them from the common man. Their work becomes self indulgent, their ego outgrows their talent and when they fade into obscurity, they find that they have alienated a lot of people.

The key to long lasting fame is humility.

• D- Ice likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

If completely depends on what I'd be famous for. Are we talking Paris Hilton or Mother Theresa?

You could choose who or what you wanted to be or do in this scenario. :)

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

i would want to be justin bieber Famous imagine the Amount of  Pussy that boy could f*ck!

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

FULLCOMMUNISM

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

i would want to be justin bieber Famous imagine the Amount of  Pussy that boy could f*ck!

Tommy-Lee-Jones-tommy-lee-jones-25049805

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Came to say this. I wouldn't want paparazzis all over me while I spent all my fortune in coke.

I don't take drugs anymore, but, i would like to spend my money on traveling with my family around the globe, buying all the cars i want and about 4-5 houses around the globe.

Open up a car workshop to make 60BHP get 300BHP and even prepare cars for rally and circuit races.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Peeling potatoes like a pro

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'm a bit power hungry, but I'm not hungry for fame at all. I'd like to rule this planet, but I wouldn't give interviews. And as the leader of the planet I wouldn't have to.

• Raavi likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'd like to be famous but famous for something I have contributed to.

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

Nah, I like walking the streets in anonymity. I guess if you you were famous like the sorts of someone like Bill Gates, you'd never need to walk the streets, or even someone like Eminem who is loaded and doesn't to worry too much about having to walk down the local shop to buy milk.

But then there's people who's faces are known and they still aren't famous, like soap stars, or like X-Factor contestants, I'm sure the majority of people in the country would recognise someone from Eastenders or Coronation street, and I personally wouldn't like to walk down the street with the thought that people will know me and I don't know them. People will come up to you and ask for your autograph or bother you, and that's if they like you, if someone's looking for trouble you might get stuff thrown at you.

The famous life ain't for me, I'm happy how I am.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 04 December 2013 - 05:50 PM.

Only if I was feared for being powerful, not necessarily evil. Basically, many people would know who I am but wouldn't have the stones to mess with me.

jdawglosurdo
  • jdawglosurdo

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

i would rather not have 1,000,000 pathetic people stalking me and trying to take pictures of me while sleeping.

No.

However, i would like to internet famous/rich.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

That was the first essay I ever wrote for school, way back in second grade. :happy:

I don't think I want to be famous, not known worldwide, or even among my community, but if I became the country's best magician or ship welder or something neat like that I'd still want to be respected for it. Like Typhus said, I'd want my work to be the thing that's famous, and I wouldn't want to get tripped up in thinking I'm the reason I'd be famous.

It probably helps a lot that I don't like speaking to crowds.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Private Dick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:34 PM Edited by Waldie, 04 December 2013 - 10:34 PM.

No, I don't like drawing attention to myself.

And while I wouldn't object to bit more money coming my way, I have no real dreams of being rich either.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Nah, I'm already surrounded by enough douchebags. The thought of idiot paparazzi in my face all the time would just drive me to suicide.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

I don't want to be famous but if I did it would be for something that has had an impact on the world.

I wouldn't go on the xfactor or any of them shows because that seems a little desperate.

I have a few friends on facebook that just want fame and are attention seeking idiots.

It really pisses me off.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

I have some future projects to next year finally but I don't want be famous.

blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

He can't really sleep with many girls because they all try to get pregnant with his babies and when they can't they still claim he fathered their child. This has happened on multiple occasions.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

He can't really sleep with many girls because they all try to get pregnant with his babies and when they can't they still claim he fathered their child. This has happened on multiple occasions.

Goddamn, imagine a whole generation made half up of Biber-Babies

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

And be constantly followed by hoards of paparazzi, have every step I take scrutinised by voyeuristic "media" a la TMZ, get arrested multiple times for DUI/DWI and when I'm washed up has been, die of a drug overdose? I pass.

This.

Also, every girl you'd ever be with until you died would just want you for your money.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

ideally I'd want to be rich and obscure.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

I damn sure don't want to be famous. I'd be happy if I was just upper-middle class and could own one or two of my favorite $70k cars.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

I damn sure don't want to be famous. I'd be happy if I was just upper-middle class and could own one or two of my favorite $70k cars.

Or...just get a Ninja 650 and upgrade the f*ck out of it.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

I'll be the odd guy out here and say I'd love to be famous.

I have always been self centered. I've never cared about anyone else's feelings or needs when I've done something. Being famous would fit my nature perfectly.

Here's the list of all the famous things I've aspired to do for at least 5 years: Actor, Musician, Film Director, Film Producer, Youtube Sensation, Star in my Own Video Game, Have a Reality Show Based Around My Life.

I want the fame. I want to see the paparazzi pushing and showing just to get that damning image used to blackmail me for everything I've got. It'd be thrilling to know someone wanted to ruin MY LIFE, not someone else's, MY LIFE for a couple bucks. That feeling of recognition would skyrocket my morale. Sounds odd doesn't it?

Although fame would make joining Anonymous a little more difficult.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

I'll be the odd guy out here and say I'd love to be famous.

I have always been self centered. I've never cared about anyone else's feelings or needs when I've done something. Being famous would fit my nature perfectly.

Here's the list of all the famous things I've aspired to do for at least 5 years: Actor, Musician, Film Director, Film Producer, Youtube Sensation, Star in my Own Video Game, Have a Reality Show Based Around My Life.

I want the fame. I want to see the paparazzi pushing and showing just to get that damning image used to blackmail me for everything I've got. It'd be thrilling to know someone wanted to ruin MY LIFE, not someone else's, MY LIFE for a couple bucks. That feeling of recognition would skyrocket my morale. Sounds odd doesn't it?

Although fame would make joining Anonymous a little more difficult.

Please don't. Not if you have a shred of dignity. 

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:50 AM

I'm already famous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users