R* focused way too much on pointless sh!t like dialogue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic
CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

Can you people really not grasp what I'm saying? This isn't an all or nothing deal. It's a balance. I'm not saying there's no need for cutscenes etc. I'm saying the scale is tipped a little too far that way and should be balanced out. 10% less cutscenes/lines from peds or whatever and you unlock the jail. That wouldn't be worth it?

livejoker
  • livejoker

Halloween is Pedo Day!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

What if movies were interactive? That'd be sweet.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

I'm convinced this is a troll thread purely because of the $200 million dollars spent in cut scenes and dialogue line. The entire game budget was $265 million and its the most expensive gave ever made.

How the hell could you think they spent $200 million on cut scenes exactly?? Like I said its a troll thread.

A balance of cut scenes is vital to a good action game. Damn right games are starting to mimick movies, just as they should. The beauty is games have more potential for story telling then movies do.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

They can easily be skipped if you don't like them.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

I'm convinced this is a troll thread purely because of the $200 million dollars spent in cut scenes and dialogue line. The entire game budget was $265 million and its the most expensive gave ever made.

How the hell could you think they spent $200 million on cut scenes exactly?? Like I said its a troll thread.

A balance of cut scenes is vital to a good action game. Damn right games are starting to mimick movies, just as they should. The beauty is games have more potential for story telling then movies do.

I said I wasnt sure because I honestly don't remember. I just remember it began with a 2 followed by a plethora of 0's

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

What a joke. Me and a few other people who understand what I'm trying to say are sharing our legitimate opinions. Meanwhile everyone else says "go play cod lol" and I'm the troll. Right
  • saintsrow likes this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

People in the past years were complaining about the lack of quality cutscenes, storytelling, and writing in previous GTA's.

Now R* gives us a Hollywood script, good written dialogue, nice looking, pretty long cut-scenes which makes sense, and people now complaining. Again.

Please R*, don't EVER listen a single request from the fanbase for your next GTA. Do it your own way..

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

I'm saying the scale is tipped a little too far that way and should be balanced out. 10% less cutscenes/lines from peds or whatever and you unlock the jail. That wouldn't be worth it?

It'd make the jail useless, though.  If the jail was unlocked, then the criminals would be able to escape.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Please R*, don't EVER listen a single request from the fanbase for your next GTA. Do it your own way..

Yeah I agree with this. In my opinion, they did things better when they didn't try to appeal to a certain crowd. I wish they just tuned out everybody and did their sh*t without even looking at the forums and just used common sense to know what people want. V sometimes felt like an appeal to everyone who complained about IV. Didn't feel natural at times.

• mariasalvatore likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

People in the past years were complaining about the lack of quality cutscenes, storytelling, and writing in previous GTA's.

Now R* gives us a Hollywood script, good written dialogue, nice looking, pretty long cut-scenes which makes sense, and people now complaining. Again.

Exactly. Trying to please some of these people is like trying to pleas a nagging wife. They will be wrong no matter what.

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by Thegutang, 06 December 2013 - 12:27 AM.

I'm actually starting to wonder how GTA V would have been if, instead of dialogue, the characters had employed the mediums of mime and interpretive dance. 

Lego Star Wars does this and it is awesome!!

What I mean is it is a fun game that has good gameplay and also tells a story and nobody says Lego Star Wars sucks because there is no spoken dialogue...

livejoker
  • livejoker

Halloween is Pedo Day!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

I'm actually starting to wonder how GTA V would have been if, instead of dialogue, the characters had employed the mediums of mime and interpretive dance. 

Lego Star Wars does this and it is awesome!!

What I mean is it is a fun game that has good gameplay and also tells a story and nobody says Lego Star Wars sucks because there is no spoken dialogue...

Because it's a kids game. It's hard to criticize a kids game.
I doubt acting like a mime would work in GTA. Just imagine GTA Online but Single Player.
Game is perfect as it is. This thread is dumb.

Australia
  • Australia

STD Contractors

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

Yeah dialogue is pointless sh*t when telling a story...

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Can you people really not grasp what I'm saying? This isn't an all or nothing deal. It's a balance. I'm not saying there's no need for cutscenes etc. I'm saying the scale is tipped a little too far that way and should be balanced out. 10% less cutscenes/lines from peds or whatever and you unlock the jail. That wouldn't be worth it?

You called dialogue "pointless sh*t", you dense f*cking twat. 

Stop backpedaling and trying to cover up your wildly uniformed and childish statements. 

He's not a troll. He's just that stupid. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

What a joke. Me and a few other people who understand what I'm trying to say are sharing our legitimate opinions. Meanwhile everyone else says "go play cod lol" and I'm the troll. Right

its not that you're a troll, its that your crying about GTA Online, which in itself is the biggest joke of the gaming year.

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

OP's right, the game is a f*cking failure and a $60 joke in a case.

OneManCrimeWave
  • OneManCrimeWave

The One Lovable yet Deadly Human Criminal Conspiracy

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

OP's right, the game is a f*cking failure and a $60 joke in a case.

You people b*tch about the story being the worst in the entire series, but the OP hates that R* focused too much on the dialogue for the story in cutscenes and that he wishes the game focused more on gameplay. This is one whiny-a*s fanbase man...   

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

Please don't bump old topics.

• OneManCrimeWave likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users