Photo

Created new character... ranking up is fockin slow now

20 replies to this topic
HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

its serious this time guys, rp doesn't fly out the bag like it use to. i do everything, from races, deathmatches, missions, parachuting, etc. and i dont get too much rp for anything, even when coming in first place. so just to let people know, if you create another character, dont expect to rank up as fast as your first character, because rockstar's a bit stingy with their rp.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

Same here. I created my second character about a week ago and don't even play with it. If I do it's in a closed session. It's only level 17, it's not ready for the world yet lol.

• HammerLarry and ylmzdon like this

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

It was definitely way easier to rank up before the 1.06 patch. Racing is still decent though, you just need to do some longer races. I'm kind of glad they scaled the payouts for racing based on length/laps. I really hated criminal records and how it was the only popular race. Races that are 4min+ pay pretty good even now.

I get 3000 RP for doing 3 laps (about 4 min) all by myself with no other racers. No cash but who cares about $ anyway.

I got 4450 RP and like 9k for 1st place in a race with 4-5 players.. Not too bad in my opinion. At least now there's a reason to do longer, better races instead of farming criminal records all day

oXMidnightSinXo
  • oXMidnightSinXo

Contractor

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

It was definitely way easier to rank up before the 1.06 patch. Racing is still decent though, you just need to do some longer races. I'm kind of glad they scaled the payouts for racing based on length/laps. I really hated criminal records and how it was the only popular race. Races that are 4min+ pay pretty good even now.

I get 3000 RP for doing 3 laps (about 4 min) all by myself with no other racers. No cash but who cares about $ anyway.

I got 4450 RP and like 9k for 1st place in a race with 4-5 players.. Not too bad in my opinion. At least now there's a reason to do longer, better races instead of farming criminal records all day

what race did you do to get the 3000 rp ?????

• tom_p1980 likes this

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Same here. I created my second character about a week ago and don't even play with it. If I do it's in a closed session. It's only level 17, it's not ready for the world yet lol.

your user name looks very familiar . Are you on ps3 ?

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

I feel ya!

I created my second character this week and its seriously harsh out there. Might give him the Truman Show treatment until he is ready for the real and populated Los Santos :) 

• HammerLarry likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Yup, created a new character last week, got her to about rank 12 and switched back to my original, not worth the effort.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

I created my second character maybe a week ago, it's fine. Ranking is slower, but I managed to unlock all performances features in no time, wining races, using the shared bank account with my high rank first character.

I don't really care about the others things to unlock. I really wanted to start again.

• HammerLarry likes this

gtarmanrob
  • gtarmanrob

Aussie Made

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

with your second characters, can you sell a car then swap to your main and sell a car there too, within the same 48min window?

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

with your second characters, can you sell a car then swap to your main and sell a car there too, within the same 48min window?

when u swap fast enough u can do it infinitly ;)

• Michael_Westin likes this

Cool Story Bro
  • Cool Story Bro

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

bro just buy some rp

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

I don't see an issue. I made a 2nd char. 2 weeks ago and have played it part time (swapping with original) and am at level 45. I go up a level about every hour. Just play the game. It helps to complete missions with crew members.

• HammerLarry likes this

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

3 words, high level missions.

illegal beagle
  • illegal beagle

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

@chad_kal, what race did you run to give you 4500 rp @ $9k?
Please enlighten us.

Slaya101
  • Slaya101

Developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

The race "Quick Getaway" is an alternate Criminal Records but a bit slower

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=i3UtXQfLfzM

Other than that, I do survival.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

I have noticed it to be pretty slow also.

One of the main things I do not like about running a second char is how many races it says you have won or lost. That stat seems to be the only stat that carries over and counts for both characters but at the same time doesn't count towards mods for the vehicles... Come on R*, you need to fix this. I would like to see how many more races I need to win before I can use a mod without having to back to LSC all the time.

• HammerLarry likes this

butternutcherrios
  • butternutcherrios

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

Only tue true elitist have a character over level 100.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

I´m actually enjoying ranking up again. Sure it´s a slow proccess, but it has good things.

I didn´t remember how good firefights are when there´s no auto shotgun, explosives, and heavy armour stuff involved. It´s a contest to get the better position and the first shot instead of a silly race to empty the opponent armour+ health bar.

Just be patient and enjoy your game time. When you realize you´ll be firing RPGs and driving supercars again.

• HammerLarry likes this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by wanes, 04 December 2013 - 01:57 PM.

Bounty boosting is the fastest way to level up now, my friend went from 21 to 50 in a couple of hours.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Only tue true elitist have a character over level 100.

I have a lvl 135 and a level 51..  I could careless if I get called an elitist.

I hear bitchy noobs complain, get jealous and kick me from races all the time when I use my lvl 135.   That's why I made a new character.    Infact my lvl 51 has a more jacked up roster of race cars then my lvl 135.

I really wish R* allowed us to block our ranks.  I hate whiners that complain about level.  Its not my fault I actually play the game.

• HammerLarry likes this

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

Everyone's post I liked are valuable to my opinion. i totally agree with you guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users