The best teacher you ever had?

42 replies to this topic
theNGclan
  • theNGclan

All your gold are belong to us.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

I had this gym teacher who sh*t his pants in front of the whole class in seventh grade. The sh*t literally ran down his leg and puddled before he even noticed the sludge pouring from his ass.

Best. Fourth. Hour. Ever.

This sounds made up.

Best part is that is isn't made up.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

I had this gym teacher who sh*t his pants in front of the whole class in seventh grade. The sh*t literally ran down his leg and puddled before he even noticed the sludge pouring from his ass.

Best. Fourth. Hour. Ever.

This sounds made up.

Best part is that is isn't made up.

Well I guess stranger things have happened. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt despite the hoax you recently pulled

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:39 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 08 December 2013 - 08:47 AM.

probably my year 4 teacher in primary school. can't remember his name but every friday afternoon we watched a film, or if the movie was sh*t he let some people watch it and some people run around with lego guns at the back of the room. even if the film was good, you could still run around with lego guns at the back of the room.

he was relaxed, taught things well and sometimes played The Who in class.

then we had some bitchface in year 5 who tried to be funny but miserably failed. she was decent at times though. like when i smashed this kid's face against a brick wall, i didn't even get shouted at, or get a detention or anything. she just said "don't do it again".

And then in Year 6 we had this twenty year old who was sometimes cool and sometimes annoying. like when I drew this really cool cartoon of this monster, and he thought i was being "clever" drawing a penis just cos he had a long nose. -_-
The following day he decided to put up "notices" on the whiteboard every morning, but the real reason for this is just to say I had to stand on the terrace at breaktime for "extreme immaturity".

on the other hand he did make a few good jokes. when we were playing rounders, somebody had the ball hit them in their eye while they were fielding. the teacher said "I guess you're good at keeping your eye on the ball".

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Sometimes the mean teachers are the best teachers.

Not for me. One of my worst right now is trying to f*ck up my grades. So far I am making sure I grt nothing below a B+ but he is just giving us these long yet five minute quizes of sh*t we don't know. No one likes him, everyone is currently failing this week.

Now back to the topic, my fifth grade teacher was the best. I remember th at being my second favorite year of all of my time in grade school. She was quite fun, and compared to fourth grade, fifth was heaven.

The worst part about those teachers is that a lot of the class tells you that it's "for your own good" and that "you'll thank her later." Happened to me in 10th grade English class. Had a stupid c*nt who could NEVER take a joke, would constantly preach to us (she even f*cking laughed with another teacher at a student who considered herself an atheist), would force her OPINIONS down our throats, and would basically take all our work, dismantle it, and give it back to us basically telling us how SHE wants it with little f*ckings guides, killing creativity. I remember once when we were talking about superstitions because they were in a book we were gonna read, she argued that they are based on factual events in the past; I refused to believe that and was the only motherf*cker who did not do so. She literally would not let anyone go unless > I < gave in and "admitted" she was right.

And most of the class was f*cking telling me "oh, you'll be glad you had her, you'll learn a lot" throughout the whole semester. Yeah, learned how to be a c*nt.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by ASIAN LAWYER, 10 December 2013 - 04:08 AM.

I absolutely love hearing these stories. Teachers that truly aspire to teach are amazing people and generally fun to talk to. I've had some teachers which developed my interest in certain topics but never that one teacher which inspired me.

However my Maths teacher in 8th and 12th was so fun to watch. He was from Iraq, he knew four languages and was forced to serve in a war in the Middle East. He escaped to Australia a while back and started a teaching career. He absolutely adored teaching. His enthusiasm was unmatched. It was like watching a play, the way he was so emotionally invested in all the methods and intracacies of a question, almost as if the question had it's own personality e.g. trick questions were traitors. I had a lot of trouble containing my laughter in his class. If I were a left-brain, he probably would have inspired me to be a good math-head.

Edit: My art teacher from 7 to 10 was truly amazing. Nicest lady ever with a hidden cruel sense of humour. Even when my projects would turn out sh*t, she would highlight what worked and really brought out the beauty in what I thought was a piece of sh*t. I can't decide whether she was better than my Maths teacher.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

Did you guys go to private schools? Because the schools i went were public and most likely teachers dind't care about their students.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 10 December 2013 - 10:27 AM.

Well, I also went to a public school; there were teachers that didn't give a damn about the students (I didn't either care much about what teachers were saying, though...), some who sucked as teachers and some that were actually good, especially the last two years in the non obligatory grades, where were some teachers with high titulations and that really knew about the subjects.

However, I think that my favourite teacher was the Spanish language and literature one in high school 4th grade. Funny guy.

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:42 AM Edited by Markwey, 10 December 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Back in 7th grade we had an older woman as a history teacher who made learning history fun.

She was always very lively in class and used lot's of expressions, movements and stuff to teach us.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

It's kinda real hard to choose some of the teachers I'm fond with much since for me they serve as my second parents in school. My experiences of them maybe short-lived but I came to the point that I'm beginning to make a new bonding relationship with them. 

That said, my favourite teachers will be divided by school: elementary teacher, Teacher May Santiago and Teacher Ramelyn Mantac; high-school teacher, Teacher Darlene Meneses, Teacher Laarni Isuga, and Teacher Chona Isuga; college teacher, Ma'am Aiza Nahil and Sir Alexander delos Reyes.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

Did you guys go to private schools? Because the schools i went were public and most likely teachers dind't care about their students.

I went to a public high school. It was one of the best schools in my country (it still is today as far as I know) and the teachers were all good I guess, although most were very strict... The only ones I really liked were those I already mentioned.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:16 PM Edited by Kippers, 10 December 2013 - 01:59 PM.

There are 4 that stick in my mind. All mainly for my appreciation towards their teaching methods.

Both my English and History teachers through GCSE and my Religious Studies teacher at AS were all pretty chill. Ms. Brown, Mr McGrath and Ms. Grey respectively. They allowed a lot of creativity in how we presented our material, and I was a A student in all of them. Those were also the lessons a popped in on during the final weeks when I finished school a year early** to go into college for media. (Being such a traditional, independent, ex-boarding, science and maths orientated School my Chemistry teacher really hated my decision. He practically gave up on me once he heard).

Mr. Edmunds - My maths teacher AND the Deputy Headmaster. He was old school with his teaching method and punishment. He's grab you by the ear or sideburns if you messed around, force you to do stupidly difficult problems on the whiteboard if you really pissed him off. Also on Fridays we had him final period, so he'd make us stand behind our desks and we weren't allowed to go until we each answered some mental arithmetic; It was a good week if you landed an easy question. His methods were old school, but he must have had a permanent source of chill pill being injected into him between lessons because he was awesome as anything. And he knew his sh*t because he seemed to make everything up off the top of his head.

**This was in 6th form between AS and A2, so the final few weeks of the AS year were used as prepping for A2, which the teachers figured I didn't need to be there for.

Rusty Balls
  • Rusty Balls

love spuds

• The Precinct
  • Scotland

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Every time I've made a mistake or come up a little short - best teacher I've ever had. 

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

HA I was gonna make a thread about it! :lol: only to state the WORST teacher

Spoiler

our "supernational science (biology+ Physics+ Chemistry) teacher" :p

God I love this guy when he's calm :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users