Photo

The best teacher you ever had?

42 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:49 AM Edited by Crazyeighties, 04 December 2013 - 05:52 AM.

So after watching one of my favorite movies for about the 100th time ( The Perks of Being a Wallflower) I thought I would ask everyone, who was the best/your favorite teacher in school. Why did you like them so much?

For me I guess it was one of my high school teachers Sheryl she was awesome when I was going through a tough time medically she understood worked wth me and helped me keepy grades up. She even gave me my first car so I could drive myself to doctors appointments and get to school so I would not have to ride my bike in the cold and snow. She is one of the coolest people I know we still talk once in a while....
  • Jornereanty likes this

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

well, I've had my share of both good and crazy teachers, but I don't think that there is one that I can say I liked the most. 

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Lord of the Nipples

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

Ms. Mopps in terms of teaching. She was also one cool dude. Mr. Lash as well, although I was too much of a jackass to take advantage of it at the time. Ms. Boone was chill as f*ck as well, and nice on the eyes. (Not saying Mopps wasn't beautiful) You could do almost anything you wanted in her class, and she was cool with it.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

My 9th Grade Math teacher, Strictest meanest f*cker out there, But he made you understand the stuff, And it stuck, And i must thank him for it, because it all makes sense!

I ended up getting an 80 in that class, as opposed to my 50-60 average.

Sometimes the mean teachers are the best teachers.

• JustOneMonth likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

I had some great teachers and professors but I don't have a good memory for names.

But thanks for....
For my trig teacher who wore a leather mini dress.

My English teacher who started my love of The Doors

My sociology professor for making me laugh so hard I took his class twice

The many great teachers I've learned from, had good conversations with, and occasionally argued with. I may be horrible with names but I still remember.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

268289_10150707345670437_6671916_n.jpg

Old school teacher.

• F4L? and Ciaran like this

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

My current Civics teacher, who also taught my Military History class last year. He is a pilot, and formerly worked as a civilian for the US Air Force. He is a historian and Constitutionalist, and knows more sh*t about America than the whole of D.C.. He hunts, has his CCW, and is 100% for having armed teachers in schools. He is honestly the smartest person I know, and even any left-winger can't argue that he does his research.

He is the only person I know that actually doesn't even have to teach much. We have a discussion topic about something in politics at the start of every class. He used to start everything off, but now, there will always be a few in the class who walk in with one already in mind, and spend the first half of class debating amongst ourselves, while the teacher just sits back and listens. And he always manages to make bridges between something in history with things currently going on in Washington right now.

Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

All the teachers in high school were pretty great, but I liked my literature teacher (he was really smart, he knew a lot of things about computers, science, maths, etc) and my physics teacher (she is a nice person and lives nearby) the most.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:39 PM Edited by Shyabang Shyabang, 04 December 2013 - 02:07 PM.

My best teacher was my 10th grade Algebra teacher named Mr. Wells. He was quite an interesting guy. He used to be a sailor in a submarine. For reasons that elude me, I used to be very slow at thinking if I had too much homework. Mr. Wells didn't believe in giving large amounts of homework. As a result to less homework, I was able to think more clearly and rarely made mistakes. I gained confidence and went on to Precalculus and Calculus for the next grades. I already knew what he teached because I already learned it from Korean school. My previous Korean teachers gave me immense amounts of homework. My brain slowed down when I did homework from them. I guess I was exhausted. Another plus for Mr. Wells is that he is very motivative.

jdawglosurdo
  • jdawglosurdo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

GEE MA I WANNA GO HOME

i had a teacher in high school who sang war sounds

also, my psychology teacher i had last semester (in college) was cool too. he was young, and was not boring like all the other ones

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

Miss Shakespeare who was my Engish teacher (No im not making it up). I had her for the final to years in English and even though she was pretty strict at times I learnt more in that class than any other.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

7th grade English teacher. He was soooo cool. When I made a joke or complained about something we were studying, he didn't tell me to shut up and just do it, he encouraged me and started a conversation. He would let everyone have the freedom to feel like they had some sort of control on what they were learning and it was very very engaging. He let us be ourselves so long as it does not affect the class' learning. I would be a different person if I didn't have him.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

My 8th grade pre-algebra teacher, her name was Mrs. Dickman (heheh :D ), and she was retiring that year, and she sat me down towards the end of the year and told me that I had a lot more potential than I showed in her class. From that point on I did my best through all of school and without her encouragement I'd probably be f*cked.

Also my 9th/10th grade geography and culture / world history teacher. He was a marine after Vietnam stationed on a submarine, and I wanna say about 50 years old, and so he had a few interesting stories about travel and being in the military. He knew the material really well, and was also pretty good at encouraging the students he wanted to see pass. It's a shame that mostly everyone who took his class hated him. :/

Most literature/english teachers too, but probably more because those were always the fun classes.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

My junior high school English teacher.

For the sole reason that I always had 10. Except in the first, 7th class autumn season diploma. There was a rule that 9 is maximum.

I passed all exams in 10 minutes and left the class early, it was fun.

I think she got little tired, because my hand was up all hour. She threw all 3 years of books to me in 1 season, I had like a class of my own.

So there You go, Black Metal is not that evil. It was worth to translate all the lyrics. And the ones that had no lyrics printed, I picked by listening.

Hard times for those C-cassettes, all the rewinding with a crappy player. :lol:

Big thanks to my philosophy teacher too.

From the first sentence, I was totally hooked. Someone had written clearer and better versions of my own shaping thoughts!

Affected me more than my parents. Nice, I found a picture of him. Forgive me the quality, cameras were not so good back then.

m4tgHEo.jpg

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:52 PM Edited by StingrayX, 04 December 2013 - 07:53 PM.

Sometimes the mean teachers are the best teachers.

Not for me. One of my worst right now is trying to f*ck up my grades. So far I am making sure I grt nothing below a B+ but he is just giving us these long yet five minute quizes of sh*t we don't know. No one likes him, everyone is currently failing this week.

Now back to the topic, my fifth grade teacher was the best. I remember th at being my second favorite year of all of my time in grade school. She was quite fun, and compared to fourth grade, fifth was heaven.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

I had a different english teacher every year in high school...

My first english teacher was so weird, but funny, and that made his classes cool and entertaining.

The second one was nice to look at haha (and I went to an all boys high school, so you can imagine what happened and what was being said about her when she first started teaching at the school. One thing that stayed in my mind about her was when she innocently leaned over my desk one day to look at my homework. We were all :monocle: :monocle: :blink: )

And then in my final year in school I had the most awesome english teacher. I think she was overall the nicest teacher I ever had...

I had the same history teacher during my 5 years in high school, and he was also one of my favourites. He was very strict and I think he was also the deputy principal during my last 2 years, but he made history fun and interesting and the history trip we all went on for a few days was the highlight of my high school years...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

Mr. Grimmard, my woodshop teacher for three years from Boston who looks almost exactly like Red off "That 70s Show"

red-from-that-70s-show.jpg

• F4L? likes this

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

English Teacher. Many people speak bad things about her, but his classes were awesome.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

The picture i posted above is about how sexy that teacher was. Never had a good teacher who taught well... They were all stupid mother f*ckers who only cared about getting paid and working the less as possible

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

The picture i posted above is about how sexy that teacher was. Never had a good teacher who taught well... They were all stupid mother f*ckers who only cared about getting paid and working the less as possible

I doubt that's true there had to be one teacher. Just one that was really special

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:42 AM

I had this gym teacher who sh*t his pants in front of the whole class in seventh grade. The sh*t literally ran down his leg and puddled before he even noticed the sludge pouring from his ass.

Best. Fourth. Hour. Ever.

• Joe Chip likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

My mother was a teacher back in the day.  Even though she taught in the same district I went to, she made sure she didn't teach at my school.  But since she was a teacher, she taught me tons of educational stuff along with life stuff...I have to say my mother is the best teacher I ever had.  She's also very cool by the way.

Side note:

I had the same first grade teacher that my dad (and aunt) had.  Even at that young age I thought that was a bit weird.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:35 AM

From K-6 I'd have to say my favorite was my fifth grade teacher Ms. Berquist (Who got married and is now Mrs. Burke.)

She was always happy. No matter what anyone did, she'd never get mad. Not once. I was a little emo then so it helped me out for sure.

From 8-now I can't choose between my Freshman and Sophomore Math teacher Mrs. Moser and Freshman and Sophomore English teacher Mrs. Nagel. Mrs. Moser was nice, patient, and didn't lecture the class about late assignments when one person didn't finish it. On the other end, Mrs. Nagel's teachings actually stuck. I barely got a B- and C+ at the end of the years in math, but I always got A's  in English. I'll never forget to put commas after each part of a date or address. But Nagel was a bitch. Everyone in the school knows, everyone in the school agrees. We didn't learn English those first 2 years, we learned Nagelish

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:46 AM Edited by F4L?, 05 December 2013 - 10:46 AM.

I had this gym teacher who sh*t his pants in front of the whole class in seventh grade. The sh*t literally ran down his leg and puddled before he even noticed the sludge pouring from his ass.

Best. Fourth. Hour. Ever.

This sounds made up.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

I doubt that's true there had to be one teacher. Just one that was really special

No there wasn't any.

When you go to school where teachers think you guys are scum, don't expect harmony.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

My history teacher in primary school. I was already interested in history beforehand but he made it really exciting. I still study history in my free time because of that.

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

Tim Bijpost.

Really feels part of the class. Shares a lot & is just great.

Besides, He is a GTA Player.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:51 AM

Also our elementary music teacher bought the entire class pizza once. That was friggin awesome.

Tyler
  • Tyler

[rain]

• Unknown

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

I have a fondness for most of my teachers. Kind of saw them as my home away from home, my second parents and all that. Through the years I've come to appreciate them all for what they did for me but while I was under their supervision I was often a smart-mouthed student who acted out in class too much.

All that said, I think my third grade teacher was my favorite. Her name was Ms. Cheetham. She had cropped black hair and was a vegetarian. She taught me a lot about women and also long-division and some English. Looking back I can't help but think she had a profound impact on the way I look at women, because as weird as it is I can compare my preferences to her and find that most of it lines up. In all honesty I had never even contemplated this before so it's kind of... Uh... So yeah, Ms. Cheetham is my answer.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

Also our elementary music teacher bought the entire class pizza once. That was friggin awesome.

Cool. My history teacher did the same thing after our final history exam. We history buffs had a little farewell partaaay :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users