"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" is

35 replies to this topic
Niobium
  • Niobium

Capitalism is a dirty business.

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:19 AM Edited by nobum62, 04 December 2013 - 04:19 AM.

annoying. does anyone hate when you like too many posts and then doesn't let you like any more?

• StormerBoy likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

It's annoying, but I'm sure the mods're gonna give us a reason as to why they're doing it.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I'M RUSHING

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

I'm curious to know what the actual number limit per day is. I hit whatever it was today for the first time.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

I'm curious to know what the actual number limit per day is. I hit whatever it was today for the first time.

I've counted either ten or above ten. I'm guessing 20, but I'm probably wrong.

Raavi
  • Raavi

That's another cook

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

Solution: Like less posts.

Niobium
  • Niobium

Capitalism is a dirty business.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

not possible because there's too many sane people on a forum giving intelligent posts and i wanna like them all :(

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

Yeah, when 90% of what we read thru is garbage its nice to hand out some "likes" to decent replies.  Disappointing when you run out of likes but don't feel like getting involved in the idiocy that is the thread you're in to quote/reply the post you like.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

not possible because there's too many sane people on a forum giving intelligent posts and i wanna like them all :(

Are we a member of the same forum? I'm confused.

• Raavi likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

Well, I'd assume it's there for a reason. On IPB forums it counts as reputation, and the staff probably don't want people abusing this feature.

• skills likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Yeah it's a pretty pointless feature, I hit my limit pretty much every day.

• StormerBoy likes this

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

I hit my limit in 5 minutes. There are too many cool bros in the forum.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

I hit like ten posts in an hour and the limit came. Lurked around liking good posts again and it was only 5 posts but I got a limit again.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

I don't get the restriction at all.  Sure, if there was a "like" meter in your profile info on posts then it would get annoying with people saying "LIEK MY POSTZ" in their signature, but there's not.  All it does is stop people knowing how much their posts were liked.

I don't see 1 single valid reason for the restriction, other than "it comes like that by default and we've not changed it".

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

Agreed. Please remove the limit with immediate effect.

Andreas
  • Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by Andreas., 08 December 2013 - 07:09 PM.

I don't see 1 single valid reason for the restriction, other than "it comes like that by default and we've not changed it".

The reputation system had been heavily abused immediately after it was introduced. And the ones who abused it the most were the ones who wanted to get rid of the system altogether. You can thank them for the limit.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yeah, as an Andreas said, the limit was only introduced after it was abused in the first few days of the new forum software being launched.

For those that have only recently joined, this is how 'respect' used to be displayed, under the avatar area <----- We had certain members 'respecting' every post so that they had the biggest numbers; the limit was then put on it. After this, the system was changed to a 'like' system as we have now which is much better, but the limit obviously remains.

I don't see a problem with it now being removed considering the number in the profile is not really taken notice of, it can't really be abused in the same way. It's down to the network admins though. 

9KlnfmL.jpg

• Mr. New Vegas likes this

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

You should check out AndyGanteks profile, it's insane...

I still feel this feature is useless even though I admit I do over do it at times, It maybe useless but at the same time it's harmless ;)

I still say remove this feature and have it all normal like the old profiles (No ratings or like systems) :^:

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 08 December 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Yeah, as an Andreas said, the limit was only introduced after it was abused in the first few days of the new forum software being launched.

For those that have only recently joined, this is how 'respect' used to be displayed, under the avatar area <----- We had certain members 'respecting' every post so that they had the biggest numbers; the limit was then put on it. After this, the system was changed to a 'like' system as we have now which is much better, but the limit obviously remains.

I don't see a problem with it now being removed considering the number in the profile is not really taken notice of, it can't really be abused in the same way. It's down to the network admins though. 

9KlnfmL.jpg

F*ck me! Someone who is open to change. Nice one  :^:

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Any word on the possibility of this being removed?

Hit my limit twice already today. :)

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Any word on the possibility of this being removed?

Hit my limit twice already today. :)

I also wish to know

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Since the feature was heavily abused when no limit was placed, it is quite obvious this will not be removed. 

I don't understand why you need to like so many posts in the first place. They're just +1's on an internet forum. 

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Since the feature was heavily abused when no limit was placed, it is quite obvious this will not be removed. 

I don't understand why you need to like so many posts in the first place. They're just +1's on an internet forum. 

I suspect someone hasn't read all the way thru this thread?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:21 AM Edited by Shoumic, 12 December 2013 - 01:23 AM.

I couldn't care less what has been said in the topic, I have read it all though. Truth is there are always people who would ask one of their friends or whatever to like their posts so the number in their profile is very high, yes indeed it's sad to see. Now, all I stated was the reason of why the limit was placed at all and I don't see a problem with a restriction on likes.

Like I said, it's likes on an Internet forum and you can wait another day to like more posts if it's that important to you. No one cares about that number in their profile anyway unless they're desperate to look good or something.

So I find it stupid that you need to like an infinite number of posts, if you like one and you have reached your limit for the day then just learn to appreciate posts without the need to like it maybe?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

Like this post if you think Britney Spears is cool.

Oh wait, this isn't Facebook, sh*te.

• StormerBoy, Andreas and Shou like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

I couldn't care less what has been said in the topic, I have read it all though. Truth is there are always people who would ask one of their friends or whatever to like their posts so the number in their profile is very high, yes indeed it's sad to see. Now, all I stated was the reason of why the limit was placed at all and I don't see a problem with a restriction on likes.

Like I said, it's likes on an Internet forum and you can wait another day to like more posts if it's that important to you. No one cares about that number in their profile anyway unless they're desperate to look good or something.

So I find it stupid that you need to like an infinite number of posts, if you like one and you have reached your limit for the day then just learn to appreciate posts without the need to like it maybe?

It's not just so that people can have a lot of likes in their profile, but also so I can acknowledge someone when they have posted something I like.

Like this post if you think Britney Spears is cool.

Oh wait, this isn't Facebook, sh*te.

How mature of you, your colleague above seems to disagree.

I wonder if there will ever be a suggestion made in this forum that isn't met with such hostility?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

It's not just so that people can have a lot of likes in their profile, but also so I can acknowledge someone when they have posted something I like.

That's why the likes feature is implemented in the first place, just don't over do it. 

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

That's why the likes feature is implemented in the first place, just don't over do it. 

But I like more than 15 posts a day.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:15 AM Edited by senormidget, 12 December 2013 - 11:16 AM.

Why not? If it really doesn't matter so much how is it even possible to over do it?

Liking a post is better than posting to say "good job on this man" which would get highly irritating.

It's also nice to give someone recognition for a something well-thought-out, saying something funny or posting something interesting.

It makes discussion more friendly and it also gives people who are new to forums some kind of guidance.

I'm not interested in numbers in peoples profiles, I'd just like to be able to let other users know they've made a decent post.

• StormerBoy and Mr. New Vegas like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

Why not? If it really doesn't matter so much how is it even possible to over do it?

Liking a post is better than posting to say "good job on this man" which would get highly irritating.

It's also nice to give someone recognition for a something well-thought-out, saying something funny or posting something interesting.

It makes discussion more friendly and it also gives people who are new to forums some kind of guidance.

I'm not interested in numbers in peoples profiles, I'd just like to be able to let other users know they've made a decent post.

Well put. This is what I was trying to say.

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

I've just liked two posts in this thread... I'm f*cked.

• StormerBoy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users