Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV vs GTA V story ( & character analysis, development, etc)

61 replies to this topic
Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by Proletariat, 04 December 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Personally, I loved Niko's depth and his experience with the American Dream, but at the same time I love Michael's experience with the American Reality. Both complement each other very well. I loved Trevor's craziness, wittyness when it came to satiring controversial American issues, and loved Franlkin for being intelligent and having some style. For me, I look at the story, character development, satire, symbolism, and allegory in stories very carefully before making a decision on who I like the most. In terms of character development, it's obviously Niko Bellic. In terms of funny yet though-provoking remarks, I'd go with Michael. You just can't say one character is better than the other. When the writers write the story and make the characters, they make them in such a way as to indirectly send a message. Each character in the GTA V series does that very effectively. I hate when people can just say one is better than the other. I loved GTA V's story solely for its satire of the AMerican Reality and superficiality of SoCal. I loved the tension between Michael and Trevor, but in terms of a good story, Niko's was FAR MORE captivating. For me GTA IV and GTA V are pretty equal. I am not nitpicky about content, graphics, interiors, DLCs like other idiots on this forum (because that is their sole criteria for judging a game). I want replay value, a intelligent, humorous, yet captivating story and GTA IV & GTA V execute it masterfully.

Now, for the story. To me, the story of Niko is the story of the American immigrant. It really hits you if you can personally relate to the struggle of immigrants (racism, gov't bureaucracy, difficulty of getting decent jobs). Niko's story is very plausible and very relatable. It not only dispels the myth of the American Dream, but shows the moral depravity of society. On the other hand, we see GTA V with it comical satire of the American reality, superficiality of modern American society, the moral decacdence of society, and the nostalgic romanticization of the heydays of America (60s, 80s, 90s) whilst at the same time showing the grim underside that people don't really want to talk about. Michael, Trevor, and Franklin's criminal heists and stories, while perfect entertainment for video games or movies, simply does not resonate as profoundly as GTA IV's story. Yet, I have to admit, I have had way more fun with GTA V than with GTA IV. Unlike some other forumers, I did not have ridiculously high expectations of the game and I don't have that nostalgia for GTA San Andreas, so I was fully able to appreciate the game for what it's worth. It's graphics—impeccable. It's story—fascinating. It's replay value—well quite close to infinite just as any other GTA game. I don't care for online, driving physics, interiors, the bugginess, or if they left out some stuff from the SP for MP. Whatever Rockstar have provided on SP more than suffices my needs and surely exceeds my expectations making the game all the more worthwhile.

Is GTA V a masterpiece? Pretty damn close, but no. That is reserved for Red Dead Redemption. <--------Near perfection is what that game is.

Yet, when you think about it, GTA V, RDR, GTA IV and EFLC are among the best games in the industry. It hurts me to see that the R* fanbase is literally fighting a civil war over this debate. When you put things in perspective, these three games, despite their nonconsequential flaws, are simply amazing. Here's to hoping the 8th generation will surpass the standards already set. :r*:

My official verdict:

Spoiler

• IGhostUlt, Osho, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:07 AM

Bump

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:50 AM Edited by nobum62, 04 December 2013 - 04:51 AM.

i'm not gonna write a wall of text, i'll just show you this image:

jiih.jpg

also, i'd like to avoid a civil war but the brainless trevor fanboys keep saying stupid sh*t at the TLAD fans 'bout johnny

• IGhostUlt, Osho and theGTAking101 like this

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Lol  bump, people don't wanna talk about this?

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

I guess there's some fatigue on this subject as it's been discussed numerous times before.

Imo, RDR, IV, V, are all masterpieces. Niko's story was on par with T/M/F's  stories in GTA V. That's all.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

IV's story is indeed the best. V's is good, it's just not as good as IV's and VC's.

But you gotta admit V's story is the funniest out of all GTAs.

i'm not gonna write a wall of text, i'll just show you this image:

jiih.jpg

also, i'd like to avoid a civil war but the brainless trevor fanboys keep saying stupid sh*t at the TLAD fans 'bout johnny

Look, I'm not gonna take sides. Both Trevor and TLaD fanboys just keep harassing each other. This works for any kind of fanboys aswell. Fanatism ain't a good thing, bro.

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

I'm out of here

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Niko is just likeable unlike Trevor or Franklin, Micheal seems two washed up to be likeable

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

I thought the stroyline may have been the best part about GTA IV, and I'm not impartial about that game, I'm as big a fan as any. It was amazing the first time playing through and it remains amazing today. Though San Andreas had more lasting appeal within its gameplay, IV progressed in an area that the series had already excelled in: character development and storytelling. 

Red Dead Redemption still resonates with me today, having beaten that game not long ago (didn't get a chance to buy it until it hit the $20.00 bargain bin, and boy did I get the best possible bang for my buck). One of the brilliant aspects of the plot is us never seeing Marston's family during the bulk of the campaign. We're left wondering the entire time what they are like, what the look like; are even still alive? The story went on and on and on without ever feeling redundant. Eventually, I found myself fighting off the countless free-roaming liberties to finally reach the end of Marston's soul-taxing journey, and  it was well worth the effort. 

Uh, so yes, in a nutshell: I love what Rockstar has to offer in storytelling as much as they do in gameplay. I haven't even mentioned L.A. Noire--a game that boasts a story that succeeds both with and without player interactivity (you could hog that controller all you want, I have no quarrels with experiencing the story alone).  That said, I believe GTA V surpasses every Rockstar title to date in gameplay and scripting.  

That's my opinion, obviously, and if someone were to disagree with said opinion, my ears are as open as my mind. Personal taste is a big factor in my sentiments. I have a particular affinity for 'hiest' films and the characters, moral talking points and action set pieces that spawn from them. Michael Mann's Heat is a top five favorite for me, and that film succeeds on the merits of a phenomenal cast (De Niro, Pacino, Voight, Kilmer, Portman, the freaking Allstate guy, etc.), engrossing dialogue scenes and well-written character sub-plots, as well as a slew of thematic tensity and brilliantly shot heist sequences. 

GTA V reminded me of Heat in a big way, only with a lot more humor and a larger emphasis on action. There's a moment in the game that involves an armored truck, hockey masks, and a tow truck that is essentially lifted from Mann's masterpiece, almost shamelessly (the deaf truck guard? C'mon, dead giveaway). Lester is a wittier, handicapped version of Nate (played by Jon Voight) and Michael certainly exhibits some very 'De Niro'-like tendencies, though Neil McCauley had much less to live for in the film.

The writing was amazing in GTA V and there were so many moments that had me on the edge of my seat that kept me coming back for more, again, like with RDR, foregoing many of the outer activities. Hell, by the time I'd finished the story, I still hadn't uncovered the entire map (easier said than done, yes). And though we didn't spend much time alluding to the past experiences of Michael, Trevor, and Franklin, it's implied just enough through the spot-on voice acting/mannerisms and sub=plots of the three to give them all just as much depth as any of the other GTA protagonists. 

I was really surprised, but pleased with how Michael was handled. He had the most normal life of the three by far, and he's probably the most relatable character to most (sorry to all you psychotic, bald Canadians and gang bangers out there), but he ended up being the least likable--or at least the most selfish--of the trio. Given all the satirical overtones and blatant subversiveness towards the conventions of American life, that's a refreshingly subtle societal pot-shot.

The emotional climax of the story occurs during the second North Yankton sequence. Trevor's last bit of sanity dangled on the thread that was Brad's imprisonment. Between discovering Michael's survival and pulling favors for the feds, springing Brad out of prison was the only thing keeping him from  putting one between Michael's eyes, and when they point the guns at each other in that scene, that's what I thought was going to happen, and since it didn't, it gave us that much more of a reason to care about his pursuits. 

Also, the way that it was revealed that Brad actually died is another example of exceptional scripting (Norton  discusses it with Michael in the torture mission). 

With all this said, both GTA IV and Read Dead Redemption have better endings than GTA V. GTA V doesn't have a bad ending, unless of course one makes the horrible choice of killing Michael or Trevor, a choice that yields a deservedly abrupt and tastelessly bleak conclusion. It just 'ends', you know? I didn't mind it nor was I impressed by it. 
  • Proletariat likes this

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

^^ My sentiments are very similar to yours. By God, I love GTA V to death. I love the story (better than most video games), I love the characters, but in terms of depth Niko's character and story seemed most developed. But I felt like GTA V left me hanging at the end. I thought the 69 mission long story was too short. I wish it was more around like 100-105 missions (excluding side missions and activities). I don't care that the 3 big ones got involved too much with the feds. I though it was a unique twist that could have been done with more depth. But still, I give GTA V a 10/10. 10/10 doesn't necessarily mean perfect, but it means the main aspects of the game are so flawless, so masterfully executed, that minor bugs and flaws are inconsequential. It seems that most people on these forums criticize GTA V for what it doesn't have. That's a stupid measure to rate any game. Just criticize it for what it does offer. That having been said, GTA V, GTA IV, RDR are among my favorite games and Rockstar is still my favorite gaming company.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

Niko was a well developed character. I couldn't help but like the guy. I wanted to see what happened to him and Roman. Michael seems thin to me; He just isn't a memorable protag at all. Franklin is so boring and undeveloped. He has no life. I know virgins who have a more exciting life than he. Trevor was created just for the WOW factor. I am glad he curb-stomped Jenny

Spoiler
though. That was good times. But Trevor is just a bad decision on R*'s part. I expected better. It's like R* set out to do one thing; Get political and push a Canadian homosexual liberal who hates rednecks down peoples throats. The border patrol missions were probably written by Piers Morgan. I felt turned off by that. R* should've had some stories, or missions that had intent and a sense of accomplishment.

The mini games in V are just as bland as the ones in IV. R* implemented no innovation here. I figured there'd be video games in our safe houses, or at least something. I wish I could've been at the meeting when R* dev's were sitting around the table kicking ideas around and somebody said "YOGA". Were they all like "yes!! yoga is teh sh*t!! we muzt put it in!!!" I would've smacked that fool.

In IV, I felt that there was an underbelly to the city; The mob and all that. In V we just have corrupt FIB and it isn't really enough. If anything, those should've been the side missions. IMO, IV stood the test of time against V. I never thought for one second that it would but by god it did. That's a head-shaker in and of itself. Each GTA has always progressed into something higher or further. V just went off track and got lazy. But it sure is beautiful. A very nice looking, dead, boring game. Just my dollar(inflation)

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by Official General, 05 December 2013 - 12:45 AM.

In IV, I felt that there was an underbelly to the city; The mob and all that. In V we just have corrupt FIB and it isn't really enough. If anything, those should've been the side missions. IMO, IV stood the test of time against V. I never thought for one second that it would but by god it did. That's a head-shaker in and of itself. Each GTA has always progressed into something higher or further. V just went off track and got lazy. But it sure is beautiful. A very nice looking, dead, boring game. Just my dollar(inflation)

@ Atomic

You could not have said this better. I totally agree with you here. My thoughts and sentiments exactly. 

:cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :^:

• AtomicPunk likes this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

It's a difficult one, because whilst I feel that the IV story itself was stronger, the techniques used in V to try and tell a story were a lot more ambitious. First you've got that lovely score. Then you've got missions like "Did Somebody Say Yoga" or Michael's version of "Bury The Hatchet" which used gameplay in a really interesting way to drive the story forward, and in general whilst the story itself was a tad weaker, I think the storytelling itself became considerably stronger, the barriers between movie and videogame were blurred even further and it marked a true progression in story telling for a GTA game. 

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

The border patrol missions were probably written by Piers Morgan. I felt turned off by that. R* should've had some stories, or missions that had intent and a sense of accomplishment.

"Wait wait wait wait wait, my patriot meter is going off..."

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

The next GTA needs to feature the ability to go inside every structure in order to make the world feel more alive.

AdjutantShepard
  • AdjutantShepard

Commander of the Normandy

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

I'm a huge fan of Gta 5's story but I respect how you made a well-informed wall of text ( no offense lol) without saying "FRANKLINS TEVOR AND MICKY'S STORY ARE RETARDED", You complimented them in your own way and I like that.

If only I conducted myself to be like you. Shame that there's so many idiots in this community.

• Proletariat likes this

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Meh, I wasn't a huge fan of IV's story as the pointless missions broke it up too much! V was a step better but lacked a real drive behind it, seeing Lamar or a likeable character killed would have helped the player seek an ending of revenge which always works. 

Rockstar's real brilliant story writing came from Red Dead. That game was oscar worth, it;s story was breathtalking and almost flawless.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

The border patrol missions were probably written by Piers Morgan. I felt turned off by that. R* should've had some stories, or missions that had intent and a sense of accomplishment.

I'm an american who wants what is right. Ever been in a bordeer town in america? Invading america is illegal and will be stopped. Borders and immigration needs to be banned for 20 years. Our cup is full. When riots/civil war break out I guess we'll see who's right. And for the record, and before you claim I watch fox news, I despise the U.S. gov, news medias, all of it.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

I'm an american who wants what is right. Ever been in a bordeer town in america? Invading america is illegal and will be stopped. Borders and immigration needs to be banned for 20 years. Our cup is full. When riots/civil war break out I guess we'll see who's right. And for the record, and before you claim I watch fox news, I despise the U.S. gov, news medias, all of it.

Illegals have no place in USA. I think you are wrong in your supposition that if immigration is stopped for 20 years that all the problems will be solved. In fact, problems would only grow. USA needs more immigrants, especially Chinese and Indian scientists, engineers, and physicians, to have a sustainable science and technology sector. It's too complicated to explain why, but I trust you understand my point. America only has a problem with HISPANIC illegals. 

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by Proletariat, 05 December 2013 - 02:13 AM.

Niko was a well developed character. I couldn't help but like the guy. I wanted to see what happened to him and Roman. Michael seems thin to me; He just isn't a memorable protag at all. Franklin is so boring and undeveloped. He has no life. I know virgins who have a more exciting life than he. Trevor was created just for the WOW factor. I am glad he curb-stomped Jenny

Spoiler
though. That was good times. But Trevor is just a bad decision on R*'s part. I expected better. It's like R* set out to do one thing; Get political and push a Canadian homosexual liberal who hates rednecks down peoples throats. The border patrol missions were probably written by Piers Morgan. I felt turned off by that. R* should've had some stories, or missions that had intent and a sense of accomplishment.

The mini games in V are just as bland as the ones in IV. R* implemented no innovation here. I figured there'd be video games in our safe houses, or at least something. I wish I could've been at the meeting when R* dev's were sitting around the table kicking ideas around and somebody said "YOGA". Were they all like "yes!! yoga is teh sh*t!! we muzt put it in!!!" I would've smacked that fool.

I really fail to see how you can it's a boring game. V did not go off track. The GTA series of the HD era simply could not transcend the limitations of the technologies of the current generation consoles. I for one would love to have every interior accessible, 150+ missions, more peds and traffic on the road, more textures, higher polycount, but alas what GTA V was able to do with the current gen consoles is aimply amazing and I I could have not asked for anymore. Perhaps, V's story was more Hollywood based. Let me tell you this, I like IV's story better, but I had WAYYYYYYY more fun with GTA V's missions.

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by cldd, 05 December 2013 - 03:17 AM.

Another thing people need to understand is that Rockstar was very articulate with IV and V in terms of activities. The activities in IV are what most people would called normal American/NY themed activities. All while V takes the culture of SoCal and what a retired person (being that Michael is the central protagonist) would do in his daily life.

The newer GTA's are definitely more "focused" than the III era games. The goal is to make you feel like you're somewhere else. And I think Rockstar does a very good job of that. Although I feel like if Rockstar went back to that directionless style then people would complain about that very thing. Ha.  :r*:

• Proletariat likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

Woah, woah. Look, I don't know if my comment offended you or something, if so, it wasn't my intention.

I'm not gonna talk about politics or anything related to that (I just don't like to. Personal experience).

I'm just going to say that in the last part of the minute men, you see the russian about to execute some immigrants. Even if border control is necessary, you can see that these two guys hid something quite dark behind the innocent tazers.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

Another thing people need to understand is that Rockstar was very articulate with IV and V in terms of activities. The activities in IV are what most people would called normal American/NY themed activities. All while V takes the culture of SoCal and what a retired person (being that Michael is the central protagonist) would do in his daily life.

The newer GTA's are definitely more "focused" than the III era games. The goal is to make you feel like you're somewhere else. And I think Rockstar does a very good job of that. Although I feel like if Rockstar went back to that directionless style then people would complain about that very thing. Ha.  :r*:

I was in SoCal just a few months before the game released. Rockstar really captured the spirit of the city this time. I love listening to the in-game radio talk-shows, ads, and TV shows because it really brings to light how transparent pop culture, in SoCal and USA, really is. Plus, all the small details are just blowing my mind. Everytime I play, I can find at least 10 new things I haven't found before. 

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

both have something in common: a painfully bad story masked in awesome voice acting and abundant dialog.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

Woah, woah. Look, I don't know if my comment offended you or something, if so, it wasn't my intention.
I'm not gonna talk about politics or anything related to that (I just don't like to. Personal experience).
I'm just going to say that in the last part of the minute men, you see the russian about to execute some immigrants. Even if border control is necessary, you can see that these two guys hid something quite dark behind the innocent tazers.

I think it was the simple irony of Joe not having a problem with Josef (a white European) immigrating to the States; but having a problem with non whites immigrating. Look no further than Minute Man Blues and you'll see what I mean.

As far as the OP stating that GTAV captures the so called superficialness of SoCal...ehh.

I disagree.

It's an exaggeration, much like the pushy New Yorker caracicture they did with IV. This time around they focused on downtown, a few beaches, and Hollywood. It still doesn't come close to the day to day real life craziness that happens in LA, and SoCal.

Don't get me wrong, it's good...but exaggerating (only) parts of reality is what GTA does for a living.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:18 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 05 December 2013 - 01:19 PM.

IV by quite a distance  but with that being said i still don't think the Storyline in V was as bad as what some say it is  its  alright i mean its not  as bad as the very poor Hood fairytale in San Andreas.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:28 PM Edited by Official General, 05 December 2013 - 01:31 PM.

IV by quite a distance  but with that being said i still don't think the Storyline in V was as bad as what some say it is  its  alright i mean its not  as bad as the very poor Hood fairytale in San Andreas.

I beg to differ. Spending more than half of GTA V running around doing dirty work like a lapdog for cops and federal agents was something that I very soon found boring and uninteresting. 

I admit some aspects of San Andrea's storyline was a bit stupid (Mike Toreno, green goo, Zero etc). But most of it was more than decent, not too unrealistic and excellently written in some areas (Tenpenny and Pulaski, Big Smoke and Ryder's betrayal, Loco Syndicate, Casino stuff etc). 

But I still think SA's story sh*ts all over GTA V's story, and SA's story is not even the best in the series. 

• nobum62 likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

I beg to differ. Spending more than half of GTA V running around doing dirty work like a lapdog for cops and federal agents was something that I very soon found boring and uninteresting. 

I admit some aspects of San Andrea's storyline was a bit stupid (Mike Toreno, green goo, Zero etc). But most of it was more than decent, not too unrealistic and excellently written in some areas (Tenpenny and Pulaski, Big Smoke and Ryder's betrayal, Loco Syndicate, Casino stuff etc). 

But I still think SA's story sh*ts all over GTA V's story, and SA's story is not even the best in the series. 

matter of opinion i guess i found the FIB part of the Storyline to be somewhat Interesting for the most part san andreas on the other hand really did not Interest me at all it started off ok but as the story progressed it just kept on sinking and + its like a Disney fairytale everything falls into place.  least V Had some sense of  Reality with ending A And B.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:52 PM Edited by Official General, 05 December 2013 - 01:58 PM.

matter of opinion i guess i found the FIB part of the Storyline to be somewhat Interesting for the most part san andreas on the other hand really did not Interest me at all it started off ok but as the story progressed it just kept on sinking and + its like a Disney fairytale everything falls into place.  least V Had some sense of  Reality with ending A And B.

Bro, GTA V's cop/FIB story was very unrealistic in my opinion. FIB, LSPD and Merryweather all having a big massive showdown and shootout with each other, yeah right. Different U.S. law enforcement agencies that have a conflict of interest do not just have violent showdowns and shootouts with each other, that is so way off the mark, even for a typically wacky GTA plotline. This felt a little bit like something out of a Saints Row game. On top of that, it was boring. I just could not give a sh*t about the FIB and cops, I just wanted their missions to be over and done with, only to find that that made up the rest of the game. 

SA's story had a very realistic ending to it. The game was based on LA in the early 1990s, and the ending was a reflection of the real-life 1992 LA riots in the ghettos. Cannot get any realer than that. 

• nobum62 likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Bro, GTA V's cop/FIB story was very unrealistic in my opinion. FIB, LSPD and Merryweather all having a big massive showdown and shootout with each other, yeah right. Different U.S. law enforcement agencies that have a conflict of interest do not just have violent showdowns and shootouts with each other, that is so way of the mark, even for a typically wacky GTA plotline. This felt a little bit like something out of a Saints Row game. On top of that, it was boring. I just could not give a sh*t about the FIB and cops, I just wanted their missions to be over and done with, only to find that that made up the rest of the game. 

SA's story had a very realistic ending to it. The game was based on LA in the early 1990s, and the ending was a reflection of the real-life 1992 LA riots in the ghettos. Cannot get any realer than that. 

Suuuuure. It cannot get any realer than killing an obese black man who can take over 100 bullets in the head.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:59 PM Edited by Official General, 05 December 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Bro, GTA V's cop/FIB story was very unrealistic in my opinion. FIB, LSPD and Merryweather all having a big massive showdown and shootout with each other, yeah right. Different U.S. law enforcement agencies that have a conflict of interest do not just have violent showdowns and shootouts with each other, that is so way of the mark, even for a typically wacky GTA plotline. This felt a little bit like something out of a Saints Row game. On top of that, it was boring. I just could not give a sh*t about the FIB and cops, I just wanted their missions to be over and done with, only to find that that made up the rest of the game. 

Suuuuure. It cannot get any realer than killing an obese black man who can take over 100 bullets in the head.

@ Odyssey

I clearly don't remember doing that in SA when I killed Big Smoke, but if that's what you say, whatever, I aint gonna argue it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users