• Members
  • Israel

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

Wait for GTA VI...

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by bish0p2004, 06 December 2013 - 02:43 AM.

Just because you didn't get your worshipped gang wars or gang recruitment etc doesn't make V any less of a primarily focused crime game.

Talking of which, and for the 2576th time - V is not supposed to be a SA 2.0, and it was never supposed to be. When are you going to get this through that head of yours? Just let go and accept it already...

*Also, since when was pool or bowling or taxi missions or dating or ring racing or basketball or car/boat/flying schools or anything else I missed - crime related? Incase you hadn't noticed, GTA has ALWAYS had non-crime related side activities since Vice City. It's one of the main things that made your precious San Andreas so popular. But because R* decided to expand on them in V to make them more fun for us, you're trying to claim that these activities have taken over as the primary focus of the game. Give me a f*cking break....

My only guess is that your just nit-picking to try and justify your bitterness that V didn't give you enough gangbanging stuff. You should be happy you got any at all. It's pretty obvious R* just threw in Franklin to keep the SA kids happy, and that they really wanted to make their own game revolving around Michael and Trevor.

@ niko bellic half brother

Here we go again. Have you finished your ranting mister ? I've been over this subject with you a million times. I'm not repeating myself to you, and I'm not gonna respond to this recycled rubbish you keep spitting out.

Go and preach your anti-gangsta/ San Andreas sermons to someone else,  I've heard it all already TOO many times. 

Many people on here agree with my views, so keep ranting on, I could not give a sh*t if it depresses you. Try not to choke on those Prozacs. 

Translation:

"You've put me in my place yet again Niko. Once more, I am at a stump as to counter your points, so I'll simply respond by lazily accusing you of using recycled arguments despite you making this point to me for the first time, by using my own recycled default rebuttal"

Sounds about right.

But please, do tell us again how previous GTA's never had non-crime related side activities...
Damn, you truly are delusional and thick. Ive seen some your replies to General's and I can understand his frustration in dealing with you. It really is pointless in arguing with certain people and you are just one of those guys.

@General, I know you know this but the best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them...I urge you to do so with this guy.
  • Official General, pilscy and matajuegos01 like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

Just to stray-away from the idiots in this post arguing about opinions (children), I would like to say that I tried very hard to enjoy GTA V and failed. There is a severe lack of patrolling police cars, they "randomly" appear when you are in a stolen car and even then when you are being chased, no matter what vehicle you are in, the police have a magical "sudden boost" that pretty much means; if you're on a motorbike you are soon-to-be-brutalized, rammed off the bike and shotgunned to the face.

I cannot stick to this next piece as it is a next-generation game on current-generation systems, but where are all of the pedestrians? It's like a ghost town in this game. What's the point of silencers if police are immediately alerted of your crime when you pistol somebody to the face in a very very secluded area. How do police know exactly where you are hiding whilst you are down an alley-way? How can police see you through walls and buildings while you are hiding?. Don't get me wrong, the mechanics are a good idea, and the do work SOMETIMES, but 90% of the time the police hiding system does not work at all.

Looking back on initial launch, I paid for a game release, not an Alpha or Beta release; months later and that's what it feels like with all of the absolute crap bugs with the online servers (Really? You haven't resolved the networking issues yet R*?).

The online playerbase in this game (at least on PS3) are absolutely idiotic. Yes it's a GTA game, but does that mean that those above level 70 should just get tanks out and blow every living thing to hell because those others cannot afford a tank or are not at the required level?. What about the amount of boosters (The majority of which are French, sorry France but every time I see your players on any game, you're boosting), people who are level 200+ and can't shoot a weapon without hitting themselves first, so instead they get a tank and blow the s**t out of everything. My brain-cells have died whilst playing this game, and I think it's time to get away from it, it's time to go back to the older games such as GTA IV, SA, VC, III, II, I and so on, even Manhunt 1.

I can safely say, I will never purchase another Rockstar product again, based off of this game.

P.S; All of the above is my opinion, I will not change it, or suddenly think "Oh, I've hurt a fanboys feelings, I'll revoke my opinion and comment", because any of you feel the need to argue with it, grow up little kids.

I know it's your opinion, but is one game you didn't enjoy really enough to bring you to never purchase anything from them again? Seems kinda extreme.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

It could very well be that Rockstar North are taking themselves way too seriously these days. I know GTA is North's baby, but I honestly believe they should start rotating the franchises around their different development teams, as familiarity breeds contempt. I mean, they all work on each other's games anyway. Would it really be so terrible if San Diego created the next GTA? The Houser's & The Benz are creative leads on most of the games anyway.

For me, RDR was their most outstanding game last gen. V was incredible, but I think they need to mix it up with this new generation.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:47 AM Edited by bish0p2004, 06 December 2013 - 02:48 AM.

@ Masterfocker

I know you're disappointed about lack of crime stuff, but let me ask you this:

How would you rate the game?

And by that, I mean rate it by what's in the game. Not by what's not in the game.

I'm curious as to what you'd score it without being disappointed by things you wanted that weren't in.

Also, some explanation behind your score would be ideal. Details.

Right. The things I loved about GTA V :

* The graphics and visual effects were stunning to look at, and so beautiful detailed.
* Los Santos looked amazing
* The map was huge, with an extensive variation of landscapes and environments.
* Many of the cars and other vehicles looked superb. 
* Some of heists and other missions were pure action-packed, explosive, classic moments of fun (mainly the non-FIB/cop ones). 
* A lot of funny, comical moments in the story that made for great laughs and entertainment. 
* It was great to see a large variety of weapons once again.  
* The convenience store robbery hold-ups were great fun, I was so glad to see this feature return. 
* I really liked the random criminal events  - it made the Los Santos streets feel much more lively with regards to the crime rate. 
* I really liked the police system where you can escape the police if you run out of sight and successfully hide from them.
* I really loved the fact that out of choice, I could kill my most hated protagonist out of the three - TREVOR. 

GTA V does many things right in a great way, but it also gets so many small things wrong, that in the end it affected many important aspects of the gameplay and held it back from being the ultimate GTA experience. I won't go into all of that, you know it already. But it is a shame, because V just had the potential and all the ingredients in place to be the best GTA game ever. Regardless, I still had a great time playing the game, it was great fun, I had a right blast for most part. I was still provided with many very memorable and classic GTA moments, and it's definitely worth having in my collection as a big GTA fan. I'm still very much glad I bought it and played it, even though it let me down in certain key areas.

So rather than give it a perfect 10 or near-perfect 9, I'd say it deserves solid 8/10. 

Definitely a great game - just not as great as it should and could have been. 

Great post...I agree with everything except Trevor. I think he is the best GTA protag to date.

And V is definitely an 8-8.5, no more, no less.
  • SCOOBASTEEB likes this

ColinM9991
  • ColinM9991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:48 AM Edited by ColinM9991, 06 December 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Just to stray-away from the idiots in this post arguing about opinions (children), I would like to say that I tried very hard to enjoy GTA V and failed. There is a severe lack of patrolling police cars, they "randomly" appear when you are in a stolen car and even then when you are being chased, no matter what vehicle you are in, the police have a magical "sudden boost" that pretty much means; if you're on a motorbike you are soon-to-be-brutalized, rammed off the bike and shotgunned to the face.

I cannot stick to this next piece as it is a next-generation game on current-generation systems, but where are all of the pedestrians? It's like a ghost town in this game. What's the point of silencers if police are immediately alerted of your crime when you pistol somebody to the face in a very very secluded area. How do police know exactly where you are hiding whilst you are down an alley-way? How can police see you through walls and buildings while you are hiding?. Don't get me wrong, the mechanics are a good idea, and the do work SOMETIMES, but 90% of the time the police hiding system does not work at all.

Looking back on initial launch, I paid for a game release, not an Alpha or Beta release; months later and that's what it feels like with all of the absolute crap bugs with the online servers (Really? You haven't resolved the networking issues yet R*?).

The online playerbase in this game (at least on PS3) are absolutely idiotic. Yes it's a GTA game, but does that mean that those above level 70 should just get tanks out and blow every living thing to hell because those others cannot afford a tank or are not at the required level?. What about the amount of boosters (The majority of which are French, sorry France but every time I see your players on any game, you're boosting), people who are level 200+ and can't shoot a weapon without hitting themselves first, so instead they get a tank and blow the s**t out of everything. My brain-cells have died whilst playing this game, and I think it's time to get away from it, it's time to go back to the older games such as GTA IV, SA, VC, III, II, I and so on, even Manhunt 1.

I can safely say, I will never purchase another Rockstar product again, based off of this game.

P.S; All of the above is my opinion, I will not change it, or suddenly think "Oh, I've hurt a fanboys feelings, I'll revoke my opinion and comment", because any of you feel the need to argue with it, grow up little kids.

I know it's your opinion, but is one game you didn't enjoy really enough to bring you to never purchase anything from them again? Seems kinda extreme.

I have noticed many things from Rockstar with their releases, for example; they always try to be the center of attention with the releases, they always lie about features or re-word certain features to make them seem fancy.

For example, "Switch to any character during a mission" is not true, you are told by the game when you can switch and the mission does not proceed unless you do so, therefore you have no choice.

Not to sound like an idiot myself, but I firmly believe that Watchdogs is the game that GTA should have been, minus the aerobatic skills.

pokemon123
  • pokemon123

stuff

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

hmm well i will agree that the physics felt really weird after playing gta 4. *Driving on mountain, cars tips over* then just a crazy stunt thing. And of course less car damage. One thing i was surprised to see is that i hated the driving even more in 5 than I did in 4. I was so excited to see that it looked like the 3 era driving but i guess not. And i dislike the cop system. but i will stop now

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

For example, "Switch to any character during a mission" is not true, you are told by the game when you can switch and the mission does not proceed unless you do so, therefore you have no choice.

I agree with this. In previews the switching mechanic was made out to have more freedom than the actual mechanic does.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

Some missions the switching was great. In Blitz Play I love constantly jumping between characters. Some missions it was a bit scripted but others very much were up to the player such as Blitz Play, The Paleto Bay heist and during the Hood Safari mission I enjoyed going between Franklin and Trevor.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:51 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 06 December 2013 - 09:51 AM.

@woggleman:

I agree 100% that the only constant is change in GTA. I've felt that way for a long time, ever since Vice City basically did a 180 on us. Everything from a wise cracking protag to the sunny, cocaine fueled killing spree screamed 'This game is different!'

Only difference was, the changes were more welcome so it wasn't an issue.

Anyone else remember how a lot of VC players weren't sure if they could 'relate' to the protag after it was revealed it would be CJ? Yeah I think we all know how that turned out in the end...

So yeah, I say approach every GTA with an open mind to change.

Also @Official: I understand what you are saying and it's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about changes in driving or physics or location etc. I agree that they've left out certain popular features from past games. I just think that each GTA has that feeling of freedom to it, and what makes them unique is what is or isn't in each one, rather than just pasting every single thing from past games into one big clusterf*ck.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:59 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 06 December 2013 - 04:03 AM.

Some missions the switching was great. In Blitz Play I love constantly jumping between characters. Some missions it was a bit scripted but others very much were up to the player such as Blitz Play, The Paleto Bay heist and during the Hood Safari mission I enjoyed going between Franklin and Trevor.

The thing about Blitz Play/Hood Safari is they are so awesome they immediately made me want to freeroam rampage with all three characters. It kinda sucked when I found out it wasn't the case.

I'm a mostly positive guy when it comes to V but this has been a gripe of mine for a minute now.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia
  • Worst Bellic [All Time]

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

I agree with this. In previews the switching mechanic was made out to have more freedom than the actual mechanic does.

In Capatilist Rockstar, you don't play the game, the game plays YOU! :lol: Thank you Yakov Smirnoff. :)

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

-Big ass wall of text-

Honestly the same could go for the criticisms you had with GTA V. Some people actually do like Tennis and Golf, and I see you talking a lot about "Who even enjoys golf and tennis" Because, I, for one do. And you seem to be complaining about the the people who didn't like certain side missions IV. A matter of hypocrisy, really. The argument that some people did like the side missions in IV is a silly one, because it goes against all the complaints you had with the V side missions.

Also, I'm pretty sure that niko bellics half brother was aware that removing features was a change, thats why he said you can't let go of the past. Turning engines off is a downgrade from IV that you can't seem to let go of. It's turning an engine off. Same goes with the driving, humor, etc. It's a new formula. It's a matter of getting use to. I had trouble with IV's driving at first but I trained myself to adapt to it. 
I'm sorry, what? Did I, I say that tennis, yoga, golf, etc were not needed? No. So don't put words in my mouth to make me look like a hypocrite. I never said what you specifically stated I said. How utterly pathetic.

And you don't get what I am trying to say here. IV removed features and evolved for the better. New console, huge changes that were needed.

V removed the little details to add more features and more map. Yeah maybe you like those features. But is that really evolving? Taking away quality and replacing it with quantity. That is not evolving, sir. Maybe among many of the young new gamers.

I hoped I cleared my points up for you. And I hope that you're not going to be an imbecile and try to make me look wrong by putting words in my mouth again. That trick does not work on me, it just makes you look like you don't know what you're on about. We clear? :^:

I've seen you complain about Tennis and Golf in GTA V before. If not that, the other side activities. It appears you completely missed my point and wanted to find a reason to call me a douche. 

No you haven't seen me complain about tennis and golf, go search tennis and golf up with the search function with my name as the author. You won't find anything like that other than me saying that buying the golf course adds nothing to the game. Could you link me to my posts where I complained about the other side activities? I've criticized some like customization but I still said "at least we have customization".

@Ace, I'll PM you. Can't say you actually even know what I'm getting at. :whuh: There. I PM'd you.

@Odyssey, and no I got your point.

There is no need for me to provide a source as you seems you've put negativity on every aspect of GTA V, but if you insist...

I'd like a better variety of activities- no actually I wouldn't mind if VI had less activities as long as  they'd all be detailed to a neccessary level as opposed to having many activities that feel half assed *coughVcough*

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Basically I am saying I'd like less features so that way they could work on detailing them all to the best of their activity. How you grasped, "We all don't need those features" from that is beyond me. And how you have a problem with me "putting criticism on every feature" is honestly stupid. That is my opinion, I feel some features could be improved. Did I say "just drop them?" No. The Masterfocker asked me why I rated 7.9 for V and I told him what I didn't like. I couldn't tell him what I like yet as my computer froze.

If you have a problem with my criticism, too bad. It isn't like I am straight up bashing the game. Do my negative feelings affect you? They shouldn't. If you can't handle them without being a dick then just sign off of the forums and shut up because you're getting on my nerves and you're too ditzy to handle opinions on a message board.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

maybe I'd drunk right now

I understand what you are saying...but it was really hard for me to get passed this part lol.

Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

The one who satisfies Catalina

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

Hi there :)

As you might see I am new here.

My first GTA game was VC. And I really loved it. Before the only open world game I ever played was Mafia and allready this one once was awsome, but then I played VC and WOW!!!

Then followed SA and it was a lot better. these games were so amazing and gave somethign to me. For this I am really very thankfull.

GTA is something what made us have a lot of fun!

But currently I am highly disapointed with GTA, or better said with Rockstar Games!!!

Where to start? It is hard...

I really missed allready in IV as well as in V some characters from the previous GTA games. Remember that in SA were some characters from VC and III?

For GTA IV they said it would be greater than SA... but sorry with the Chopper you crossed the map/city extremely fast. the same problem remains in GTA V.

Also i really missed the feeling about the size of buildings and altitude...

It might get so easily solved only by decelerating the game. And also "build" the buildings higher. Also by changig a minimum the view on the player character.

Ever saw any videos of Watchdogs? There you might see, the map was small but everything appeared much greater, giving really the feeling that the buildings are giant and even the map greater.

In GTA IV and V, I really hate the light. For me it looks like "depressed" light...

I was strongly believing that Rockstar games would fix this and that into GTA V it would be better, but sorry...

One point where many GTA fans are pissed off is the map of GTA V. Many of us were expecting at least entire SA... and then months before GTA V was released we allready knew that it is oly Los Santos...

Me and many friends ever wrote to Rockstar Games...  surely also many other people, we were asking to creat a GTA with many cities, but also really great cities with also much country sides arround.

Sure many gonna say that GTA V is giant... but sorry noone I know has this feeling in game! The problem is that it is not decelerated.

Then what really pisses me off, like many others is, that I feel treaten like garbage, cause PC versions are allways released months after the PS or X-Box versions. And especially now we the fans are left in the unknown about if the PC version of V gonna be released.

Would it be so hard or bad for Rockstar Games to only tell "Yes it gonna be released and realized, but the right date we don't know yet"??? No instead many fans are left in the unknown and this lets them get pissed off and maybe also decide to never buy a GTA game again!

In GTA V I had not a nice playing feeling... Los Santos seemed to me dead...

CJ is not in the Grove Street anymore, neither the Jhonson houses, even if CJ was the GodFather of the town in the end of GTA SA... Nico Bellic seems to be in Los Santos but never appeared, and there the same in end of GTA IV he was the Godfather of Liberty City... So weird...

Sure everything seems taller, greater somehow, but when you really take a loko you think everything in the city arround you is somehow "empty" like if some construction companies would come soon to build some buildings in the empty spaces.

Well the 3 switchable characters.... some love this and a lot hate this.

I think it steals the feeling of the game. You are not only playing one character...no you suddenly are 3 characters...this way I think you cannot dive into the game as well as you could in all previous games.

For GTA VI exists allready many roumors in the internet... and I hope they are not true, cause following the roumors GTA Vi might be the last game in the GTA series...

At least for this game they might make it get better! I have a lot of ideas, which surely also many of you might have: https://twitter.com/...157961391439872

If you agree with these ideas, then you might retweet it :)

It is a twitter petition... we can make it come true!

After I played the entire game missions in the GTA VC, SA & IV games, i liked it to play with cheats to somehow "rule" the virtual world... it was allways very funny... and as far now in GTA v I don't see this the same way...

I could write for houres, therefore I stop now.

If you wish, take a look on my Tweet and RT it if you wish for to support my Twitter petition for GTA 6.

Thanks

• Osho likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

I don't think Niko is in LS. Although it's never actually known how Lester knows he "went quiet". It's likely he's still in LC.

Then again that San Andreas plane ticket Easter egg could mean more than we think.

Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

I don't think Niko is in LS. Although it's never actually known how Lester knows he "went quiet". It's likely he's still in LC.

Then again that San Andreas plane ticket Easter egg could mean more than we think.

Which SA plane ticket Easter egg?

me and many hoped until now that the game might get upgraded with dlcs...like San Fierro, Las Venturas, Vice City, Carcer City, Liberty City etc... Something like a modular game, that will turn the map into a giant map.

If you checked out the link in my previous post, you can see what I hope and await for GTA 6.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with age, other than the fact that we've played the hell out of the earlier games and this one just doesn't stack up.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

Which SA plane ticket Easter egg?

me and many hoped until now that the game might get upgraded with dlcs...like San Fierro, Las Venturas, Vice City, Carcer City, Liberty City etc... Something like a modular game, that will turn the map into a giant map.

If you checked out the link in my previous post, you can see what I hope and await for GTA 6.

There's a plane ticket Niko gets in of his safe houses towards the end of GTA IV.

Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

There's a plane ticket Niko gets in of his safe houses towards the end of GTA IV.

I don't recall of that anymore :(

But well it changes nothign about GTA IV or V...

Hope Rockstar games will make such modular DLCs fot GTA 5 for to can add more cities...

Else for GAT 6 there are my ideas: https://twitter.com/...157961391439872

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

Hey i get what you are saying OP. I still think its the best GTA to date, but at the same time, i feel like they strayed too far. It doesnt feel like a GTA game in some place, maybe they changed too much ?

The point is, despite how much i like V, it doesnt have the same magic like the previous ones. I remember the first time i fired up IV, it felt somehow nostalgic gameplay wise. Its a lot more advanced yet im still familiar that its GTA. The first time i fired up V, it felt like being in another country, everything feels different. In some part, it felt too easy, like they dumbed some things down so that new players can blend in, in some ways they make some parts too brutal but a bit cheap (enemies accuracy, cop cars catching up to supercars on freeway). Still i like the game as it is :).
  • Nerd3.0 likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hey i get what you are saying OP. I still think its the best GTA to date, but at the same time, i feel like they strayed too far. It doesnt feel like a GTA game in some place, maybe they changed too much ?
The point is, despite how much i like V, it doesnt have the same magic like the previous ones. I remember the first time i fired up IV, it felt somehow nostalgic gameplay wise. Its a lot more advanced yet im still familiar that its GTA. The first time i fired up V, it felt like being in another country, everything feels different. In some part, it felt too easy, like they dumbed some things down so that new players can blend in, in some ways they make some parts too brutal but a bit cheap (enemies accuracy, cop cars catching up to supercars on freeway). Still i like the game as it is :).

To be honest there's too much casual influence in GTA V. I never thought I'd see the day entire mission sections could be skipped in a GTA game.

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

To be honest there's too much casual influence in GTA V. I never thought I'd see the day entire mission sections could be skipped in a GTA game.
ah yes thats what i meant. Its too casual, the car handling seems to be made for casual too, though i like the handling on muscle cars and commercial vehicles as i think R* capture the sense of the vehicle just spot on on that part.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:24 AM Edited by blakeney, 10 January 2014 - 09:25 AM.

The idea is good but rockstar is losing that imagination and motivation they had.. probably becase they are getting old too. Now it's all about business. before it was all about fun. Those who get me get me

I realised with IV but was in denial... V proves it, the fact that The Houser brothers (and their close team) = "GTA" = The Houser Brothers (and their close team), paired with the fact of age means that "GTA" will/has matured with them! I miss is the comedy in GTA, it used to be like any other cheeky Charlie at school, and finding comedy in EVERYTHING even if it is as immature as "69" in everything or funny billboards, now it has matured with them, and a lot of the comedy seems to have been replaced with "realistic" things (bill boards etc).

I can see where some are losing the "fun" element in terms of game play, but for me the added realism is exactly what I wanted in III, VC, SA. I guess it's about time GTA included some kind of "mode" where it's based solely on old skool GTA fun, no/less cops, loads of "cool" cheats etc etc...

ps

"GTA III(a game I overlooked)." - ?!?! WAT... If one is of an age to play Gta III when it comes out, One simply doesn't "overlook" it!

No really, wtf were you thinking at the time? :p

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

Well, there's certainly been a need for such a system for years.  Did you know that people would go on forums to ask for help with certain missions, or saves with the mission completed, or even upload their saves to have people complete the mission for them?  You should really attack those forums for allowing something so casual to happen.

Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

I realised with IV but was in denial... V proves it, the fact that The Houser brothers (and their close team) = "GTA" = The Houser Brothers (and their close team), paired with the fact of age means that "GTA" will/has matured with them! I miss is the comedy in GTA, it used to be like any other cheeky Charlie at school, and finding comedy in EVERYTHING even if it is as immature as "69" in everything or funny billboards, now it has matured with them, and a lot of the comedy seems to have been replaced with "realistic" things (bill boards etc).

I can see where some are losing the "fun" element in terms of game play, but for me the added realism is exactly what I wanted in III, VC, SA. I guess it's about time GTA included some kind of "mode" where it's based solely on old skool GTA fun, no/less cops, loads of "cool" cheats etc etc...

Well GTA meants for me open world and fun... What you call comedy, was allways a fix part of all GTA games, and unfortunately isn't in V. Sure a bit more of realism is nice, but anyway therefore hey should find a better ballance bbetween. I think some might switch to Saints Row.

I know, you cannot compare GTA and Saints Row, each game is open world but in its own genre.

What ruined the "mood" in game for me were the 3 playable characters... I couldn't dive into the game and also not enjoy the progress as well as in previous GTAs.

I also cannot understand that Rockstar Games took so much time for GTA V...seeing the final result :rampage:

Else, isn't it our all dream to have a GTA with many cities, bigger, taller, higher, more details, smarter bots/A.I...

And also the disapointing thing is as far now that all GTA PC Fans are left in the unknown about if V gonna be release on PC or not... like if we have to beg for it :S We are millions, we are fans, we are customers...

Rockstar games could at least confirm that there will be a PC version...

Else see my idea for a future GTA 6 https://twitter.com/...157961391439872

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:09 AM Edited by Osho, 10 January 2014 - 10:18 AM.

GTA V story is a complete mess and that's the real problem esp. when their lives intertwine the progress particularly didn’t work for me in comparison to the playable characters we got in GTA 4. Fine, it is a new switching system but that some how affects your concentration on one story at a time. Some pick the middle part in the game (or story) but to me it was the end leaving not that of an impression (rushed). 
Although with 2013 newswire story update announcement there is still a chance to get some more interesting info taken a pause (unseen) *I am confused why Franklin was given the choice to either kill Trevor or Michael* in the story and the three character(s) and/or some other stuff as well.

What I noticed is GTA V was like a short-story told in parts or revealing little (as of now) and the whole story could HAVE BEEN left to be told. 

GTA V is a fun game and comes close to previus classics. The missions are still a letdown but some are really well designed and the amount of details in the game world makes me more than satisfied to own it.

*speaking for myself*

MaddenSixx
  • MaddenSixx

:)

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

It feels the same to me still.

From what I read somewhere is that Rockstar North still has ideas and I believe it's a possibility of a GTA VI

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

all I can say is that I hope R* puts in SP DLC for all the stuff that they missed, if not, ill start setting up my tent for gta VI

• Osho likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users