Photo

GTA doesnt feel the same anymore

242 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Reading through this thread reminds me of why current girlfriends/wives hate our ex girlfriends/ex wives with such a passion.
There is literally no competing with the past and they know that.
There are a few legitimate gripes with the game, length of story and what kind of side missions available being two.
Saying that it doesn't 'feel' like GTA anymore is about as profound as saying my lunch doesn't feel like breakfast. They are both meals, but opinions differ on which is better.

Well the current woman I am dating has no reason to worry because my ex sucks. I didn't get to play IV until 2011 because she made me give up games and become mature. Glad to be rid of her.

Haha, I know what you're saying but I didn't mean it like that. They just hate our ex's because they had us first.

A woman will never admit that of course, but it's in the back of their subconscious somewhere.

Is this the same girl you scored a date with because of GTAV? If so, that's cool man good job.

It is. 

• SmoothGetaway likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

I can't believe people are actually complaining about the lack of annoying phone calls. Pretty much everybody disliked it in IV and now people are mad that they took it out? Seriously?

• SmoothGetaway and Lucchese like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

I can't believe people are actually complaining about the lack of annoying phone calls. Pretty much everybody disliked it in IV and now people are mad that they took it out? Seriously?

I don't understand it either, wait for GTA 6, they will be complaining about Yoga not being in the game.

• Officer Ronson and Lucchese like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

TLDR, in one sentence, the above post says that GTA V is crap.

You didn't even read my post did you? Apparently saying the game is a 7.9 although not bad, and saying certain features are nice is calling the game crap. In all honesty, you've turned from a sensible user into a rather non-contributing and dense one. Grow a pair and if you have a problem, talk to me in a sensible manner.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

What? Who's complaining about the lack of annoying phone calls? Pretty much everyone who criticises the friends system in GTA V criticises it for being unrewarding and being relatively useless.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

What? Who's complaining about the lack of annoying phone calls? Pretty much everyone who criticises the friends system in GTA V criticises it for being unrewarding and being relatively useless.

People don't seem to like the fact that it was 100% optional and you don't lose perks if you don't hang out with them. It is what IV should have been. It is simply an extra if you want a deeper understanding of the story. I loved IV but from the minute I played I sometimes wanted to throw that phone out of the window. 

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Oceans in the back, Porsches in the front

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

Sleep mode. The whole phone call phenomenon is blown out of proportion.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by StingrayX, 06 December 2013 - 12:04 AM.

To be honest, the friends system and phone call system in V would've been perfect if you didn't lose respect for not wanting to hang out and if the phone calls were died down to once a day, of course make it to where you don't get a call immediately after you die and re-spawn the next day at a hospital. No doubt, the system in IV was great but I can see how it got annoying to some. To me it was nothing, just turn the phone off, to hell with the perks, I didn't care. :)

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

I wasn't on this forum in 2008 but I bet many of the IV fans were sounding just like V fans are right now. They sound just like the SA fans if you ask me and honestly the SA fans to me had better complaints. I liked IV but things like no planes, countryside car customization and other things were more legitimate complaints than no phone calls and the fact that the driving is somewhat more user friendly. Taking out an entire class of vehicles is a pretty big thing and the fact that it is back in in V is a huge thing to many. 

• Sting4S likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

The properties I have to manage harass me far more than all the GTA IV friends ever could. Each time I switch to a character to another, Im just swarmed by texts and phone calls, just leave me the f*ck alone. I don't care if you run out of booze or an army of gangbangers are attacking the club. Say what ? You don't want to call the cops ?! Well screw you buddy.

Properties in GTA V, waste of time developpement, waste of my GTA time and waste of my GTA money (especially for the golf club).

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

I wasn't on this forum in 2008 but I bet many of the IV fans were sounding just like V fans are right now. They sound just like the SA fans if you ask me and honestly the SA fans to me had better complaints. I liked IV but things like no planes, countryside car customization and other things were more legitimate complaints than no phone calls and the fact that the driving is somewhat more user friendly. Taking out an entire class of vehicles is a pretty big thing and the fact that it is back in in V is a huge thing to many. 

Although I see your point, people complain about the driving because to many enthusiasts it feels dull and too easy and people complain about the car lists in V because it just took out a lot of good cars from IV and replaced them with high end cars. Wouldn't it have at least been best to keep many of the cars from IV and add all that we have new in V? High end cars bore me after a while in games. I realize the vehicle list is better in V but to me the car list alone doesn't feel equally balanced.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

@ niko bellic half brother

Yeah you won, whatever makes you happy. You have proved time and time again that all you wanna do is talk about how much you hate the hood/gangsta stuff and San Andreas in these discussions - seriously, this bullsh*t of yours is just boring and tedious. Frankly, I just aint' got time to spare for it. Like I said before, express it to someone else that's willing to discuss it with you. 

I'm gonna answer your next question. I NEVER once said that past GTAs had no crime-related activities. You have me mixed up with someone else. 

@ Masterfocker

I know you're disappointed about lack of crime stuff, but let me ask you this:

How would you rate the game?

And by that, I mean rate it by what's in the game. Not by what's not in the game.

I'm curious as to what you'd score it without being disappointed by things you wanted that weren't in.

Also, some explanation behind your score would be ideal. Details.

Right. The things I loved about GTA V :

* The graphics and visual effects were stunning to look at, and so beautiful detailed.

* Los Santos looked amazing

* The map was huge, with an extensive variation of landscapes and environments.

* Many of the cars and other vehicles looked superb. 

* Some of heists and other missions were pure action-packed, explosive, classic moments of fun (mainly the non-FIB/cop ones). 

* A lot of funny, comical moments in the story that made for great laughs and entertainment. 

* It was great to see a large variety of weapons once again.  

* The convenience store robbery hold-ups were great fun, I was so glad to see this feature return. 

* I really liked the random criminal events  - it made the Los Santos streets feel much more lively with regards to the crime rate. 

* I really liked the police system where you can escape the police if you run out of sight and successfully hide from them.

* I really loved the fact that out of choice, I could kill my most hated protagonist out of the three - TREVOR. 

GTA V does many things right in a great way, but it also gets so many small things wrong, that in the end it affected many important aspects of the gameplay and held it back from being the ultimate GTA experience. I won't go into all of that, you know it already. But it is a shame, because V just had the potential and all the ingredients in place to be the best GTA game ever. Regardless, I still had a great time playing the game, it was great fun, I had a right blast for most part. I was still provided with many very memorable and classic GTA moments, and it's definitely worth having in my collection as a big GTA fan. I'm still very much glad I bought it and played it, even though it let me down in certain key areas.

So rather than give it a perfect 10 or near-perfect 9, I'd say it deserves solid 8/10. 

Definitely a great game - just not as great as it should and could have been. 

• TheMasterfocker likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

Although I see your point, people complain about the driving because to many enthusiasts it feels dull and too easy and people complain about the car lists in V because it just took out a lot of good cars from IV and replaced them with high end cars. Wouldn't it have at least been best to keep many of the cars from IV and add all that we have new in V? High end cars bore me after a while in games. I realize the vehicle list is better in V but to me the car list alone doesn't feel equally balanced.

There are plenty of plain cars as well but they upped the ante on the high end cars and for the setting it makes sense. You probably see many more Ferraris in LA than you do in New York because NY is not really a driving kind of city. There is a reason why most people use public transit. IV got New York traffic down to a T but just like real life it doesn't always make for a pleasant driving experience. I go there every few weeks and I always take the train in instead of driving. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:07 AM Edited by Official General, 06 December 2013 - 01:16 AM.

Properties in GTA V, waste of time developpement, waste of my GTA time and waste of my GTA money (especially for the golf club).

@ ThroatSlasher

Sadly, I have to agree with this bro.

I was very much looking forward to the return of properties in GTA V, and to be very honest it was another bit of a disappointment for me. I was just really annoyed at the fact that Franklin could not even at least choose and buy the one luxury property that he owned. There was a wealth of superb-looking luxury residential properties dotted all over Los Santos, I'd have loved the opportunity to pick and choose which one I'd spend my hard-earned heist money on. Franklin's mansion as amazing as it looked, was simply given to him. That was not fun or interesting at all. I really cannot see any reason why Rockstar did not allow us to buy safehouse properties for Franklin alone at least.

The business properties were equally a letdown. The fact that you could not enter most your own business properties was a joke. You buy a business, but you cannot enter the premises, yeah how smart is that. I would have loved to enter the Tequi-La-La or anyone of the cinemas. And the businesses took so long to yield a profit, to collect your weekly takings to so long in the game. As Franklin I bought the weed shop as my first business, and the thing just took so long give me my weekly profits. By the time it came, I was halfway through my last heist money. 

In the end, the businesses were just not worth the bother, time and effort.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:10 AM

I must admit the properties were not what they could be. Trevor's airfield missions are great but other than that I can take or leave it. 

• Sting4S likes this

mattyb401
  • mattyb401

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

There are plenty of plain cars as well but they upped the ante on the high end cars and for the setting it makes sense. You probably see many more Ferraris in LA than you do in New York because NY is not really a driving kind of city. There is a reason why most people use public transit. IV got New York traffic down to a T but just like real life it doesn't always make for a pleasant driving experience. I go there every few weeks and I always take the train in instead of driving. 

Yea someone complained there wasn't as many taxis driving around in V. Well 4 would have a lot more seeing as it's...New York City!

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

As a car spotter, NY does have some really nice cars if you really look for them. But I get your point, though I think IV's list would've been more acceptable if it had a few more high end cars. Los Angeles and the surroundings, especially Pebble Beach, is a city where you could spot almost anything. Adding a lot of high end cars makes sense, but the way they spawn is kind of overboard. I mean it is car spotter haven on Rodeo Drive, but even then you are not seeing supercars and luxury sport saloons every 10 seconds. You will see a lot of "basic" cars, 70's, 80's, and 90's cars, and older sporting cars around LA too even in the rich areas. To me it would've felt more balanced if some cars like the Hakumai, Blista Compact, Faction, Sabre, Willard, etc made it in. LA, hell California, has a great car culture for just about every car genre and I would like every genre to be as balanced as possible.

And the Cognoscenti saloon would've fit perfectly in Rockford Hills as well as the Turismo and Super GT. In fact it shocked me that these didn't make it in. The Cognoscenti fits in with the times and the Turismo and Super GT would fit in because 50% of the nice cars you'll see in the rich areas of LA will be older nicer cars like the 360 Modena or etc.

That is just how I feel.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

Yeah Its Changed immensely.. The First time I got Vice City... its just that feeling that is indescribable... I felt like I went off to another world...  as a kid.  I still remember all those old GTA San Andreas trailers I was in the 7th grade.. I felt that unique emotion of a new GTA. Now that V was out.. I didn't feel it as much... maybe because im older.  Lets not get this Wrong.. The team from those days aren't there anymore. There are a bunch of new ppl at ROCKSTAR. I guess its time to move on, those days are over....

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

As a car spotter, NY does have some really nice cars if you really look for them. But I get your point, though I think IV's list would've been more acceptable if it had a few more high end cars. Los Angeles and the surroundings, especially Pebble Beach, is a city where you could spot almost anything. Adding a lot of high end cars makes sense, but the way they spawn is kind of overboard. I mean it is car spotter haven on Rodeo Drive, but even then you are not seeing supercars and luxury sport saloons every 10 seconds. You will see a lot of "basic" cars, 70's, 80's, and 90's cars, and older sporting cars around LA too even in the rich areas. To me it would've felt more balanced if some cars like the Hakumai, Blista Compact, Faction, Sabre, Willard, etc made it in. LA, hell California, has a great car culture for just about every car genre and I would like every genre to be as balanced as possible.

And the Cognoscenti saloon would've fit perfectly in Rockford Hills as well as the Turismo and Super GT. In fact it shocked me that these didn't make it in. The Cognoscenti fits in with the times and the Turismo and Super GT would fit in because 50% of the nice cars you'll see in the rich areas of LA will be older nicer cars like the 360 Modena or etc.

That is just how I feel.

I think it's the beach culture around Cali. Here at the Jersey Shore it's like a car show on a hot summer night.

The Sabre is in the game though it is hard to get in SP but I see what you are saying. I managed to get one and store and now they spawn frequently. They could have kept the old cars and added the new ones but for the most part I am loving the new ones. I have a thing for classic sports cars and that is why I think the Monroe is just a beauty.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

I was here in 2008 and I can telling you now most GTA IV fans don't sound anything like most SA fans did back then. Atleast most of us can acknowledge GTA V is a good game with good qualities about it. When GTA IV was new everyday for months was like a toxic wasteland of hate.

It was impossible to start any thread trying to praise the game without the retarded SA loving horde attacking anyone who showed some sort of admiration for GTA IV. Clearly not all SA fans are like that, but from first hand experience in those few months most SA fans were much worse than any GTA IV fan is now.

By comparison GTA V fans have it easy than we did.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

I was here in 2008 and I can telling you now most GTA IV fans don't sound anything like most SA fans did back then. Atleast most of us can acknowledge GTA V is a good game with good qualities about it. When GTA IV was new everyday for months was like a toxic wasteland of hate.

It was impossible to start any thread trying to praise the game without the retarded SA loving horde attacking anyone who showed some of admiration for GTA IV. Clearly not all SA fans are like that, but from first hand experience in those few months most SA fans were much worse than any GTA IV fan is now.

You are probably right. IV had it's flaws but it and the two episodes were both great games. I had my jaw on the floor with how well they recreated New York. 

I just GTA fans are going to have to accept that with each chapter it is not going to be like the last one and that to me is a good thing. If they repeated themselves they would end up like Eminem rehashing what they did over a decade ago and sounding as stale as ever. No matter what your favorite or least favorite is you have to admit at least they don't do that.

• blowtorchrepair likes this

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

I'm sorry, but you've grown up. We can never recreate the magic of the past, but we will always have those memories. Everything we feel nostalgic about seems better than what we have now - even if it is objectively worse (like Vice City, in reality is objectively worse than IV/V will ever be).

That is the way of the world I guess. 

You nailed it.  Period.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

It was impossible to start any thread trying to praise the game without the retarded SA loving horde attacking anyone who showed some sort of admiration for GTA IV. Clearly not all SA fans are like that, but from first hand experience in those few months most SA fans were much worse than any GTA IV fan is now.

So, pretty much what's happening now, but a little better?

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

Perhaps, in VI things will be different.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

GTA fans are going to have to accept that with each chapter it is not going to be like the last one and that to me is a good thing. If they repeated themselves they would end up like Eminem rehashing what they did over a decade ago and sounding as stale as ever. No matter what your favorite or least favorite is you have to admit at least they don't do that.

@ woggleman

Not necessarily always a good thing bro. Sometimes for hugely successful product to continue it's huge success, there are things about this product that make it so popular, and keep it in such high demand. Now if changes are made so much that they affect or alter the original things that made the product so great in the first place, you will inevitably get an army of dissatisfied customers, and the makers of that product will eventually find their great reputation has been damaged. Customer confidence in the product gets lowered. 

Rockstar don't have to comprise staple features or omit great features from previous GTA games when making a new one. There is nothing stopping Rockstar from making the next chapter different from the last, but still retain elements from the last chapter that made it so great. I don't know how many times this has to be repeated on here, but nobody wanted GTA V to be exactly the same as GTA IV or the previous GTAs - most of us V critics wanted a fresh new game with fresh new ideas and innovations while retain the best features and ideas from previous GTAs at the same time. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

So, pretty much what's happening now, but a little better?

While this forum has its haters it's no where near as bad as the GTA IV forum was.

For such a big and anticipated game haters are to be expected, but at least not all positive threads always nose dive into arguments. To be fair not everyone who criticises GTA V is a GTA IV fan anyway.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really can't think of any GTA IV fan who I'd described as a "hater" of GTA V.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

@woggleman you every drive the Sabre in IV. Not thr classic one, but the 80's one that is based off the Monte Carlo, similar to the Faction? That's the one I am talking about. Although I do agree that the Sabre GT is haarrrdd to find.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

@woggleman you every drive the Sabre in IV. Not thr classic one, but the 80's one that is based off the Monte Carlo, similar to the Faction? That's the one I am talking about. Although I do agree that the Sabre GT is haarrrdd to find.

I think I know what you are talking about. I know I drove the Sabre GT in IV which is one my favorite cars. I have one of those and the Infernus parked outside of the Middle Park place. 

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

I think it could be just the nostalgic effect for some of us when we play the older games. Playing games on the second playthrough feels different than the first. We kind of got too accustomed to the way the newer games feel, so when we decide to go back, they really throw you off with the differences. 

It either throws you off 2 ways, atleast for me.

1. I wish the newer games were like the older ones in the series and I play more of the old because it feels better.

2. I wish the older games were more like the newer ones, and I can never play the older games the same way anymore.

I often try to compare them, and too be honest..You cannot compare them as easy as you want, especially if you look for similarities. 

Most games get more simplified as the franchise grows, GTA on the other hand gets more complex. I feel as if the missions are more scripted and do not encourage the different styles of play as we would like.

ColinM9991
  • ColinM9991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

Just to stray-away from the idiots in this post arguing about opinions (children), I would like to say that I tried very hard to enjoy GTA V and failed. There is a severe lack of patrolling police cars, they "randomly" appear when you are in a stolen car and even then when you are being chased, no matter what vehicle you are in, the police have a magical "sudden boost" that pretty much means; if you're on a motorbike you are soon-to-be-brutalized, rammed off the bike and shotgunned to the face.

I cannot stick to this next piece as it is a next-generation game on current-generation systems, but where are all of the pedestrians? It's like a ghost town in this game. What's the point of silencers if police are immediately alerted of your crime when you pistol somebody to the face in a very very secluded area. How do police know exactly where you are hiding whilst you are down an alley-way? How can police see you through walls and buildings while you are hiding?. Don't get me wrong, the mechanics are a good idea, and the do work SOMETIMES, but 90% of the time the police hiding system does not work at all.

Looking back on initial launch, I paid for a game release, not an Alpha or Beta release; months later and that's what it feels like with all of the absolute crap bugs with the online servers (Really? You haven't resolved the networking issues yet R*?).

The online playerbase in this game (at least on PS3) are absolutely idiotic. Yes it's a GTA game, but does that mean that those above level 70 should just get tanks out and blow every living thing to hell because those others cannot afford a tank or are not at the required level?. What about the amount of boosters (The majority of which are French, sorry France but every time I see your players on any game, you're boosting), people who are level 200+ and can't shoot a weapon without hitting themselves first, so instead they get a tank and blow the s**t out of everything. My brain-cells have died whilst playing this game, and I think it's time to get away from it, it's time to go back to the older games such as GTA IV, SA, VC, III, II, I and so on, even Manhunt 1.

I can safely say, I will never purchase another Rockstar product again, based off of this game.

P.S; All of the above is my opinion, I will not change it, or suddenly think "Oh, I've hurt a fanboys feelings, I'll revoke my opinion and comment", because any of you feel the need to argue with it, grow up little kids.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users