Photo

GTA doesnt feel the same anymore

242 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by StingrayX, 04 December 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Reading some of the latest replies in this thread just make me want to throw my computer and phone to save me from the idiocy. So some people wanted to do vehicle missions or police missions or gang wars, or whatever the f*ck it was that was in IV that never returned and could've easily returned. Well... does it really do any good if you say, "Oh why do you need that anyways" or "do you really need a side mission to steal cars, in GTA IV, I found no appeal in going out and steeling a nice car, just to drive it back to the same location for some useless money when I could have just kept said car for myself." Um hello? Some people actually like that stuff. Not everybody is like you. I personally thought importing and exporting cars was fun. Tenxax, I thought the gang wars were okay and I loved the police missions. Just because you think such stuff is unnecessary doesn't mean it is unnecessary. If you don't like it, don't use it, but it wouldn't hurt to have such features in V for other people's enjoyment.

Another argument in this thread that irritates me is, "You people like to hold on to the past" and that niko bellic guy said something like, "You all don't like things to be changed" No offense, but you aren't getting anywhere assuming up some ludicrous explanation as to why so many people are bickering in disappointment regarding V. Um, I actually like things to be changed up, hello I could play GTA III's and then when IV came out I had no problem adapting. A lot of others did however. The GTA series was evolving like you said, niko bellic half brother, but a lot of people hated it. So when V comes out, over time it begins to feel like Rockstar focussed on appealing to the guys who complained about IV rather than evolving. V made a lot of downgrades. Yes they added more content, but content isn't everything; believe me it ain't. Whatever was good from IV was just thrown away, some good innovative features were cut, the humor was nerfed, some simple features from III that would help with the immersion regarding the game never made it back in. And what a lot of people are mad over is the driving. A lot of people like it, a lot of people hate it. It feels like Rockstar simply tried to please only the ones who truly hated IV's handling and that left a lot of other people, including me, in the cold. This is just me, I simply hate simplistic physics in open worlded games. I try to get immersed by driving slow, but I can't because the physics are well suited for that. I love to explore a car's handling but it was hard for me to attach to cars in V.

Honestly, can we discuss opinions without using "why do we need that" without making up some ludicrous ass assumptions as to why somebody dislikes something new. Saying I hate V because I can't let go of IV is like saying I hate the 2015 Mustang design because I can't let go of the 2013 one and quite frankly that isn't even f*cking true thank you very much. :^:

Honestly the same could go for the criticisms you had with GTA V. Some people actually do like Tennis and Golf, and I see you talking a lot about "Who even enjoys golf and tennis" Because, I, for one do. And you seem to be complaining about the the people who didn't like certain side missions IV. A matter of hypocrisy, really. The argument that some people did like the side missions in IV is a silly one, because it goes against all the complaints you had with the V side missions.

Also, I'm pretty sure that niko bellics half brother was aware that removing features was a change, thats why he said you can't let go of the past. Turning engines off is a downgrade from IV that you can't seem to let go of. It's turning an engine off. Same goes with the driving, humor, etc. It's a new formula. It's a matter of getting use to. I had trouble with IV's driving at first but I trained myself to adapt to it. 
I'm sorry, what? Did I, I say that tennis, yoga, golf, etc were not needed? No. So don't put words in my mouth to make me look like a hypocrite. I never said what you specifically stated I said. How utterly pathetic.

And you don't get what I am trying to say here. IV removed features and evolved for the better. New console, huge changes that were needed.

V removed the little details to add more features and more map. Yeah maybe you like those features. But is that really evolving? Taking away quality and replacing it with quantity. That is not evolving, sir. Maybe among many of the young new gamers.

I hoped I cleared my points up for you. And I hope that you're not going to be an imbecile and try to make me look wrong by putting words in my mouth again. That trick does not work on me, it just makes you look like you don't know what you're on about. We clear? :^:

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

memory foam

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Nostalgia. I have some strange feeling towards San Andreas, it was something real big back in the day but I rather to play newer GTAs.

This. The fact that OP admits he played Vice City when he was a child says everything. We all have childhood favorites that forever hold a place in our minds as the best games ever. For me I grew up with the N64 and thus my first N64 game will forever be my favorite, Turok 64. Was so revolutionary for me coming from a Sega and NES to jump to 3D first person shooter with all these cool guns and effects.

No matter what, nothing feels the same as you age. That's part of the process of growing up. Things that used to be magical to you as a child start becoming boring or not as inventive to you. I accept this fact and just keep looking forward to newer and better games. GTA V didn't disappoint me, at least.

• Wolfhuman likes this

Kolourblynd
  • Kolourblynd

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

@StingrayX

Alright, good for me. I might block your crap too because its all biased but you act entitled like if it was all true and everyone agreed with you. Im even asking to my self why did you even bother in replying to me.

I know the game has flaws man, I recognize it but you don't have to tell me or anyone else around a houndred times just to get the message across.

I wasn't even talking about this game being specific, I was talking about the whole saga in general, about how the main basis of it was about stealing cars and killing people. Yet you had to reply to me seeing how my logic was flawed saying you could do the same in Saints Row.

For me like it was like if you compared Family Guy and The Simpsons, it ins't the same f*cking thing.

Sincerly - The utterly annoying prick.

Hey bud, if you remember this realllly old game named Grand Theft Auto, or GTA: London 1969, you would be familiar with how the game was originally meant to be; You play as a gang member and work your way up the ranks until you control the city gangs...

The "mindless killing and stealing" was nothing more than an afterthought, a means to the end. In fact most of the older GTAs actually made it difficult to just mindlessly kill everything, aside from using the cheats (which were more inspired.)

It's the kids, the rotten youth, of this current generation of gamers that want to mindlessly kill and take other people's things without really working for it, and if you ask me Id be concerned for your mental health, seeing as seem to fall within this niche.

• Official General likes this

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

I grew up playing Vice City. It was so good that I bought GTA III(a game I overlooked). These games were so epic they made me fall in love with video games in general. My friend used to come to my house and we used to be happy even blowing up a vehicle..

now games are too advanced.. they dont feel right.. maybe I'm getting too old.. maybe I'd drunk right now but damn I feel that GTA could be better.. GTA V didn't feel right.. it tries too hard. The idea is good but rockstar is losing that imagination and motivation they had.. probably becase they are getting old too. Now it's all about business. before it was all about fun. Those who get me get me

I get you bro, I definitely agree with everything you have said here.

GTA V just feels so underwhelming to me, especially when I consider just how long I had been waiting for it to be released, and just how excited I was about finally playing it. It really frustrates and annoys me to know that GTA V is game that clearly offers so much potential and greatness, but just did not achieve it. V had every opportunity to really improve on GTA IV. But V's story was mediocre, the protagonists were nothing special, the game was too short and lacking in many important, good features. Rockstar just did not fully utilize the really good qualities of the game enough to make it one of the greatest GTAs in the series. One of the most shocking things for me about Rockstar this generation is that V is the first GTA in which Rockstar paid much more attention and invested more effort in the online multiplayer over the single player - something that I never thought Rockstar would ever do. 

I think Rockstar have just gotten lazy and a bit up themselves lately. Probably because they have got too used to regularly having major success with the series. GTA games are always guaranteed to make huge sales for Rockstar, so they seem to think that they can just throw whatever they want at us GTA fans, and that we will automatically accept it as another great work of art of theirs. 

He said none of that. You're just using this thread as another sounding board for your whining. Don't pretend like someone with an entirely different gripe is on your side. 

• Lucchese likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

@Kolourblynd:

The whole 'working your way up the ranks' plot has been done in every single main GTA title prior to V, and was getting stale frankly. It was about time a change was made. I'm certain R* wanted to make this change earlier in the series, but felt it might be too much of a risk to undertake, until they decided "f*ck it, let's do it". And for the overwhelming majority of the GTA fanbase, it was a risk that ultimately paid off - both commercially and critically.

Disclosure: This is coming from somebody whose first experience with Grand Theft Auto was a chipped copy of GTA 1 my friend had lent me back in '98 when I was 13. So I've quite literally grown up with the series, and come to love and appreciate every game R* deliver.

gdfsgdfg
  • gdfsgdfg

Pancakes

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by gdfsgdfg, 04 December 2013 - 07:37 PM.

I played gta 1 back when win 98 was around, and later at a guy who we used to be friends they had gta vice city back in the day it ran like pure sh*t but it was awesome though.

So I hope GTA VIce will recapture that amazing ambient vice city had again seriously that game is perfect along with san andreas which blew my mind first time I saw it.

As you can see I'm a pc gamer and I have yet to play the game.

And honestly good graphics don't move me anymore, I prefer to enjoy a game from its core gameplay.

GTA 4 for example after you're done with the story, there nothing else to do, the multiplayer is empty as crap and gwfl sucks dick getting disconnected constantly and hackers up the ass.

According to steam, I played gta 4 and eflc for a total of 150 hours.

I hope rockstar doesn't f*ck up 5 on pc.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Am I the onlu one who finds it funny when a modder trolls? :lol: I only got mad when they froze my game in IV's MP.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

Am I the onlu one who finds it funny when a modder trolls? :lol: I only got mad when they froze my game in IV's MP.

If you find having some 13 year old abuse your online gaming enjoyment to make up for his frustration of not obtaining his first pubic hair funny, then you certainly have a unique sense of humour chief.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:47 PM Edited by Tilemaxx, 04 December 2013 - 08:50 PM.

V removed the little details to add more features and more map.

INB4 "they removed the ability to turn off your engine, grab from ledges, and push people."

• TheMasterfocker and Zodape like this

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

I get what you're saying mate. I still love the series, but it's understandable that some would get tired of the formula. I don't think any GTA will be able to recapture the feeling I had when I played GTA III for the first time.

u right about that. gta v a good ass game no doubt but for the moment in time back in the day me and my homies was smokin blunts playin III and it was some good sh*t because aint nobody really done some sh*t like that before u kno. soon as a i beat my first hooker with a bat and took that money i was hooked

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

I grew up playing Vice City. It was so good that I bought GTA III(a game I overlooked). These games were so epic they made me fall in love with video games in general. My friend used to come to my house and we used to be happy even blowing up a vehicle..

now games are too advanced.. they dont feel right.. maybe I'm getting too old.. maybe I'd drunk right now but damn I feel that GTA could be better.. GTA V didn't feel right.. it tries too hard. The idea is good but rockstar is losing that imagination and motivation they had.. probably becase they are getting old too. Now it's all about business. before it was all about fun. Those who get me get me

I love IV and V, but I 100% agree they don't feel like GTA anymore. I don't know what it is myself, that feeling is hard to pinpoint.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

V removed the little details to add more features and more map.

INB4 "they removed the ability to turn off your engine, grab from ledges, and push people."

Inb4 some dumb ass hypocrite criticizes my opinion for liking little things... oh wait! Grow the f*ck up.

@nbhb: There are some funny trolls you know...

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

The main thing that excites and interests me about a GTA game outside of the story is what kind of side missions related to crime are on offer. Crime-related side missions for example, like gang wars, gang recruitment, drug-dealing, robberies, burglaries, vehicle theft, hijacking, illegal gambling, protection/extortion etc, that's the kind of stuff that really blows my mind. GTA V had very little to none of this stuff as side missions, which for me was shocking and unforgivable. 

:cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:04 AM Edited by Official General, 05 December 2013 - 01:40 AM.

Just because you didn't get your worshipped gang wars or gang recruitment etc doesn't make V any less of a primarily focused crime game.

Talking of which, and for the 2576th time - V is not supposed to be a SA 2.0, and it was never supposed to be. When are you going to get this through that head of yours? Just let go and accept it already...

*Also, since when was pool or bowling or taxi missions or dating or ring racing or basketball or car/boat/flying schools or anything else I missed - crime related? Incase you hadn't noticed, GTA has ALWAYS had non-crime related side activities since Vice City. It's one of the main things that made your precious San Andreas so popular. But because R* decided to expand on them in V to make them more fun for us, you're trying to claim that these activities have taken over as the primary focus of the game. Give me a f*cking break....

My only guess is that your just nit-picking to try and justify your bitterness that V didn't give you enough gangbanging stuff. You should be happy you got any at all. It's pretty obvious R* just threw in Franklin to keep the SA kids happy, and that they really wanted to make their own game revolving around Michael and Trevor.

@ niko bellic half brother

Here we go again. Have you finished your ranting mister ? I've been over this subject with you a million times. I'm not repeating myself to you, and I'm not gonna respond to this recycled rubbish you keep spitting out.

Go and preach your anti-gangsta/ San Andreas sermons to someone else,  I've heard it all already TOO many times. 

Many people on here agree with my views, so keep ranting on, I could not give a sh*t if it depresses you. Try not to choke on those Prozacs. 

@ mastershake616

He said none of that. You're just using this thread as another sounding board for your whining. Don't pretend like someone with an entirely different gripe is on your side. 

Should I listen to this guy ? Or should I not ? I think not. Thanks for your advice, but I don't need it. Now please kindly f**k off. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

GTA 4 for example after you're done with the story, there nothing else to do,

You know this argument has never made sense to me. On my very first save I barely touched the side missions and activities and after I was done with the story I realised I had a whole heap of things I hadn't tried or done in depth.

I mean if you do everything before the story it's not going to leave much for after. People have been trying to blame the game for years when it's really their own fault.

GTA IV has plenty of things to do after the story if you don't rush to do everything before hand.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

You know this argument has never made sense to me. On my very first save I barely touched the side missions and activities and after I was done with the story I realised I had a whole heap of things I hadn't tried or done in depth.

I mean if you do everything before the story it's not going to leave much for after. People have been trying to blame the game for years when it's really their own fault.

GTA IV has plenty of things to do after the story if you don't rush to do everything before hand.

I agree but so does V. People don't understand the concept of a sandbox game where you make your own fun. In III you really had to make your own fun after the story but people didn't complain.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

I agree but so does V. People don't understand the concept of a sandbox game where you make your own fun. In III you really had to make your own fun after the story but people didn't complain.

It's hard to make your own fun in III after you complete the game since Portland is the best island, yet every gang there hates you.

Ooh, and the Leone. Don't get me started with the Leone.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by AtomicPunk, 05 December 2013 - 12:20 AM.

It's called lack of innovation. V feels empty for some reason, and the formula feels changed. We don't have the freedom that we've had in past GTA's. I can't seem to find helicopters anywhere. When I do, they fly like cheet. It's all the stuff like that. We should've had it all this time, but what we got was an unfinished product. No drivable trains? No excuse for that. No interiors? No excuse for that. The GTA V problems list is long. Hopefully, R* will get back to what made all the other GTA's great with GTA 6. If not, then R*, we have a problem.

@DarkL3ad3r:

Just because you get old doesn't mean games stop being good. That's horsesh*t and you know it. It's not even about nostalgia with V. It's the lack of everything and the wrong vibe for SoCal. R* f*cked up. If it were great, then it wouldn't matter if I was 80 years old!!

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:20 AM Edited by Official General, 05 December 2013 - 12:24 AM.

@ gdfsgdfg

I initially thought that about GTA IV too, but I later found that this was not the case. After having a second playthrough of IV, I discovered a good number of fun and interesting crime-related side missions that I never realized were there in the first place. It took me a while to know that Niko could do drug deliveries/deals for Little Jacob, steal cars for Brucie and Stevie, do Vigilante missions from the Police Database and the Random Encounter missions. What made it even all the more exciting is that I found out later that I could called Dwayne's boys as armed back up to follow me on these side missions, and every now and then there would be crazy, explosive shootouts between them and anyone attacking Niko. 

Son Of Liberty is definitely right, there are plenty of things to do in IV after main story, as long as you don't rush through them all before completing the main story. 

@ woggleman

GTA V has things to do after the main story, but lets just face it, nearly all of the stuff concerned is not related to crime. If there were more crime-related side missions in V, then there would be less complaints, I'm sure of that. But there is not, and that is the main problem, there is no getting away from that, no matter how it's spun. 

And why one earth are you bringing GTA III into this ? III was the first game of it's kind, any flaws it had can be excused, as it pretty much changed whole face of open-world, sandbox games, let alone the GTA series itself. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

@ gdfsgdfg

I initially thought that about GTA IV too, but I later found that this was not the case. After having a second playthrough of IV, I discovered a good number of fun and interesting crime-related side missions that I never realized were there in the first place. It took me a while to know that Niko could do drug deliveries/deals for Little Jacob, steal cars for Brucie and Stevie, do Vigilante missions from the Police Database and the Random Encounter missions. What made it even all the more exciting is that I found out later that I could called Dwayne's boys as armed back up to follow me on these side missions, and every now and then there would be crazy, explosive shootouts between them and anyone attacking Niko. 

Son Of Liberty is definitely right, there are plenty of things to do in IV after main story, as long as you don't rush through them all before completing the main story. 

@ woggleman

GTA V has things to do after the main story, but lets just face it, nearly all of the stuff concerned is not related to crime. If there were more crime-related side missions in V, then there would be less complaints, I'm sure of that. But there is not, and that is the main problem, there is no getting away from that, no matter how it's spun. 

And why one earth are you bringing GTA III into this ? III was the first game of it's kind, any flaws it had can be excused, as it pretty much changed whole face of open-world, sandbox games, let alone the GTA series itself. 

A lot of the strangers and freaks missions are sort of involved with crime. Paparazzi photos in a town like LA probably are more lucrative than drugs in some cases and it is a very sleazy game. With Trevor you literally sneaking into people's yards and stealing their stuff plus the gun running missions are never ending. 

I also think of the stock market as money laundering. After a huge heist like the last one anybody would have to find a way to launder the dirty and investing it in stocks that pay even more and I get even richer. That is very gangsta if you ask me plus if you save Lester's missions for the end that keeps things going. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

@ gdfsgdfg

Yeah Dwayne's back up was awesome for random, spontaneous fun. Also those car bombs provided by Packie.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:37 AM Edited by Official General, 05 December 2013 - 12:42 AM.

@ gdfsgdfg

@ woggleman

A lot of the strangers and freaks missions are sort of involved with crime. Paparazzi photos in a town like LA probably are more lucrative than drugs in some cases and it is a very sleazy game. With Trevor you literally sneaking into people's yards and stealing their stuff plus the gun running missions are never ending. 

I also think of the stock market as money laundering. After a huge heist like the last one anybody would have to find a way to launder the dirty and investing it in stocks that pay even more and I get even richer. That is very gangsta if you ask me plus if you save Lester's missions for the end that keeps things going. 

@ woggleman

Yeah the Strangers and Freaks missions were related to crime, but in a very light way. Paparazzi chasing and sneaking into houses for odd objects is cool, but that stuff on it's own it's nothing special. And in any case, many of them were short, and there were not that many of them in the case of Michael and Franklin. 

The stock market stuff was a cool idea, but poor implemented if you ask me. I don't know, I tried getting into it, it was not really made clear as to how it could be used, so I just gave up on it. I think there should have been missions more directly related to stock market manipulation like bombing a company's headquarters, hijacking and cutting off it's supplies, sabotaging it's products, or smearing their reputations. There could have been a wealth of side missions for stuff like that, but again, Rockstar overlooked this. Stocks and shares in V was jusy not a great as I though it would be, which is big shame, because I was really looking forward to it.

@ Son Of Liberty

Yeah I loved calling up Dwayne's boys to go with me on those side missions. I can remember those mad gunfights whenever a drug deal got hijacked or police tried do a bust, and also when a car theft mission went wrong. Man, that sh*t was crazy fun. I forgot, Packie's bombs for the stolen cash-carrying armored trucks were great to do as side missions too. 

• SonOfLiberty likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

That's funny because I'm pretty sure the storyline, you know, the main theme of the game revolved around heists - you know, CRIME. Just because you didn't get your worshipped gang wars or gang recruitment etc doesn't make V any less of a primarily focused crime game.

Talking of which, and for the 2576th time - V is not supposed to be a SA 2.0, and it was never supposed to be. When are you going to get this through that head of yours? Just let go and accept it already...

*Also, since when was pool or bowling or taxi missions or dating or ring racing or basketball or car/boat/flying schools or anything else I missed - crime related? Incase you hadn't noticed, GTA has ALWAYS had non-crime related side activities since Vice City. It's one of the main things that made your precious San Andreas so popular. But because R* decided to expand on them in V to make them more fun for us, you're trying to claim that these activities have taken over as the primary focus of the game. Give me a f*cking break....

My only guess is that your just nit-picking to try and justify your bitterness that V didn't give you enough gangbanging stuff. You should be happy you got any at all. It's pretty obvious R* just threw in Franklin to keep the SA kids happy, and that they really wanted to make their own game revolving around Michael and Trevor.

You couldn't be more right, non-crime related side missions have always been in the series, and they were much worse in San Andreas as it contained things like Dancing and in GTA IV due to the horrible friendship/dating system. I always see these complaints where people complain that there is no side mission about steeling cars and it feels like that these people forget the fact that cars can be stolen in free roam. I think that because people only play games for the story nowaways, they forget how to make there own (crime related if you wish) fun in sandbox games.

Oh, and another things, Rockstar, PLEASE make San Andreas HD so that half of the GTA V haters on this forum shut up. Seriously though, just because GTA V has some elements from San Andres (countryside, vehicle customisation, etc), doesn't mean it was meant to be GTA San Andreas 2, GTA Episodes from San Andreass, GTA San Andreas Stories or anything like that.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

@ gdfsgdfg

@ woggleman

@ woggleman

Yeah the Strangers and Freaks missions were related to crime, but in a very light way. Paparazzi chasing and sneaking into houses for odd objects is cool, but that stuff on it's own it's nothing special. And in any case, many of them were short, and there were not that many of them in the case of Michael and Franklin. 

The stock market stuff was a cool idea, but poor implemented if you ask me. I don't know, I tried getting into it, it was not really made clear as to how it could be used, so I just gave up on it. I think there should have been missions more directly related to stock market manipulation like bombing a company's headquarters, hijacking an cutting off it's supplies, sabotaging it's products, or smearing their reputations. There could have been a wealth of side missions for stuff like that, but again, Rockstar overlooked this. Stocks and shares in V was jusy not a great as I though it would be, which is big shame, because I was really looking forward to it.

@ Son Of Liberty

Yeah I forgot, Packie's bombs for the stolen cash-carrying armored trucks were great to do as side missions too. 

I enjoyed killing the head of major corporations and manipulating the market to make myself filthy rich. What is more gangsta than that. To me gang banging is just poor people killing each other while the power structure laughs. In GTA we directly robbed the fat cats which to me is more appealing. I would have liked in the story if Franklin and Trevor went back and used some of the dirty to spread it around in the hood and Sandy Shores.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

about steeling cars and it feels like that these people forget the fact that cars can be stolen in free roam.

I-I just give up... Peace folks, live in idiocy. I'm out of this dump section.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

There are plenty of car theft missions online. I know they should be in SP but you can pretty much play them on your own.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by Official General, 05 December 2013 - 12:50 AM.

I enjoyed killing the head of major corporations and manipulating the market to make myself filthy rich. What is more gangsta than that. To me gang banging is just poor people killing each other while the power structure laughs. In GTA we directly robbed the fat cats which to me is more appealing. I would have liked in the story if Franklin and Trevor went back and used some of the dirty to spread it around in the hood and Sandy Shores.

@ woggleman

You are a smart guy, but why do you keep ignoring important parts of my comments. Your responses indicate that you don't read my replies thoroughly. I'd love stock market manipulation, but with much more depth and more substance to it. I'm gonna copy and paste what I wrote earlier :

" I think there should have been missions more directly related to stock market manipulation like bombing a company's headquarters, hijacking an cutting off it's supplies, sabotaging it's products, or smearing their reputations. There could have been a wealth of side missions for stuff like that, but again, Rockstar overlooked this. Stocks and shares in V was jusy not a great as I though it would be, which is big shame, because I was really looking forward to it. "

I'd love all that stuff in the game, but with more to it than just assassinating company big shots.

There are plenty of car theft missions online. I know they should be in SP but you can pretty much play them on your own.

Sorry pal, this is no good to me. I wanted to do this in single player, I'm not into online gaming. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

You couldn't be more right, non-crime related side missions have always been in the series, and they were much worse in San Andreas as it contained things like Dancing and in GTA IV due to the horrible friendship/dating system. I always see these complaints where people complain that there is no side mission about steeling cars and it feels like that these people forget the fact that cars can be stolen in free roam. I think that because people only play games for the story nowaways, they forget how to make there own (crime related if you wish) fun in sandbox games.

Do you actually bother to read anything anyone says? No one's saying there's anything wrong having these non-criminal related things. What we're saying is we wanted/expected more criminal side missions to go along with it.

Saying something like people have forgotten we can steal cars in free roam is the most retarded and illogical bullsh*t I've ever heard. I guess people have forgotten we can go on rampages in free roam too so why do we need a side mission for it?

As for dancing in SA and the friendship/dating in GTA IV (GTA V still has friendship although it's considerably dumbed down) being much worse well that's only your opinion. It wouldn't surprise me if people feel the same way about yoga, golf, tennis etc.

• Ermac. likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

Nostalgia. I have some strange feeling towards San Andreas, it was something real big back in the day but I rather to play newer GTAs.

This. The fact that OP admits he played Vice City when he was a child says everything. We all have childhood favorites that forever hold a place in our minds as the best games ever. For me I grew up with the N64 and thus my first N64 game will forever be my favorite, Turok 64. Was so revolutionary for me coming from a Sega and NES to jump to 3D first person shooter with all these cool guns and effects.

No matter what, nothing feels the same as you age. That's part of the process of growing up. Things that used to be magical to you as a child start becoming boring or not as inventive to you. I accept this fact and just keep looking forward to newer and better games. GTA V didn't disappoint me, at least.

Yep, pretty much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users