GTA doesnt feel the same anymore

242 replies to this topic
YanUK
  • YanUK

Retired VC Contest Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

@ Stingray & Official General - come on lads, patch up your differences, you both have too much to offer other than this BS.  Why not send each other a PM and kiss and make up?  You both have made some excellent posts from what I can see.  No need to turn it into a Jeremy Kyle show or Jerry Springer. 

General, your Avatar is fine - agree fitting for GTA forum.  Stingray your italics are good too.  - Hug each other, it's nearly Crimbo! :santa:  xxx

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:44 PM Edited by StingrayX, 04 December 2013 - 12:47 PM.

Imagine if GTA IV never existed and GTA V was released as GTA IV. It would've blown your mind. GTA IV didn't have car customization, golf, animals, pets, tow trucks, moutains, planes, scuba-diving, swimming under water, jet skis, sharks, bicycles, 4-wheelers, buggies... the list goes on and on. Also, in GTA IV, you couldn't save anywhere you wanted, and the controls were sometimes frustratingly clunky for shooting and moving your character around.

More content and simplistic driving controls for people who don't know how to drive wouldn't have "blown my mind" so please speak for yourself next time. Quite frankly I'm not one of those guys who needs lot of content to be pleased. I remember when this fanbase valued quality over quantity. Excuse my language, but what the f*ck happened here? All I see is, "If it doesn't have this, this, and this, it sucks... oh and I don't want a challenge either as that makes the game harder and boringer... oh and I don't want the story to feel serious at all, I need something exciting all of the time and exciting only or I'll hate it" Seriously I need to just avoid this place and just think for myself and stop torturing myself reading some of the stupidest bullcrap including your ridiculous post.

@Above: What are you implying? That me and OG were arguing? No, not at all if you read his post. I don't even know the guy, hell. I was arguing with Tenxax because his arguments are repetitive and his attitude is always sh*t and he is being a hypocrite and accusing me of sh*t I never said.

• TheOtherRyan, kvic, fac316 and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

@ Stingray & Official General - come on lads, patch up your differences, you both have too much to offer other than this BS.  Why not send each other a PM and kiss and make up?  You both have made some excellent posts from what I can see.  No need to turn it into a Jeremy Kyle show or Jerry Springer. 

General, your Avatar is fine - agree fitting for GTA forum.  Stingray your italics are good too.  - Hug each other, it's nearly Crimbo! :santa:  xxx

??

I have no issues with Stingray bro, wrong person mate.

• YanUK likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by Official General, 04 December 2013 - 01:05 PM.

Imagine if GTA IV never existed and GTA V was released as GTA IV. It would've blown your mind. GTA IV didn't have car customization, golf, animals, pets, tow trucks, moutains, planes, scuba-diving, swimming under water, jet skis, sharks, bicycles, 4-wheelers, buggies... the list goes on and on. Also, in GTA IV, you couldn't save anywhere you wanted, and the controls were sometimes frustratingly clunky for shooting and moving your character around.

GTA V is an enhancement in almost all areas from GTA IV. 

These very nice little extras that you speak of seen in GTA V are all well and good, as long there are a decent amount of side missions that are relating to crime. Without any decent amount of crime-related side missions, all of this stuff just would not be greatly appreciated in a game like GTA, in some cases, it becomes meaningless - this is a game primarily first and foremost about crime, not leisure and outdoor activities. 

The main thing that excites and interests me about a GTA game outside of the story is what kind of side missions related to crime are on offer. Crime-related side missions for example, like gang wars, gang recruitment, drug-dealing, robberies, burglaries, vehicle theft, hijacking, illegal gambling, protection/extortion etc, that's the kind of stuff that really blows my mind. GTA V had very little to none of this stuff as side missions, which for me was shocking and unforgivable. 

All that other stuff you mentioned are just nice little extras, like toppings on the main base.

• TheOtherRyan and visionist like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

These very nice little extras that you speak of seen in GTA V are all well and good, as long there are a decent amount of side missions that are relating to crime. Without any decent amount of crime-related side missions, all of this stuff just would not be greatly appreciated in a game like GTA - this is a game primarily first and foremost about crime, not leisure and outdoor activities. 

The main that excites and interests me about a GTA game outside of the story is what kind of side missions related to crime are on offer. Crime-related side missions for example, like gang wars, gang recruitment, drug-dealing, robberies, burglaries, hijacking, illegal gambling, protection/extortion etc, that's the kind of stuff that really blows my mind. GTA V had very little to none of this stuff as side missions, which for was shocking and unforgivable. 

All that other stuff you mentioned are just nice little extras, like toppings on the main base.

I'm with ya on that General. I like those things too, but GTA is not The Sims.

What impresses me is what you've listed.
  • kvic and Official General like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Reading some of the latest replies in this thread just make me want to throw my computer and phone to save me from the idiocy. So some people wanted to do vehicle missions or police missions or gang wars, or whatever the f*ck it was that was in IV that never returned and could've easily returned. Well... does it really do any good if you say, "Oh why do you need that anyways" or "do you really need a side mission to steal cars, in GTA IV, I found no appeal in going out and steeling a nice car, just to drive it back to the same location for some useless money when I could have just kept said car for myself." Um hello? Some people actually like that stuff. Not everybody is like you. I personally thought importing and exporting cars was fun. Tenxax, I thought the gang wars were okay and I loved the police missions. Just because you think such stuff is unnecessary doesn't mean it is unnecessary. If you don't like it, don't use it, but it wouldn't hurt to have such features in V for other people's enjoyment.

Another argument in this thread that irritates me is, "You people like to hold on to the past" and that niko bellic guy said something like, "You all don't like things to be changed" No offense, but you aren't getting anywhere assuming up some ludicrous explanation as to why so many people are bickering in disappointment regarding V. Um, I actually like things to be changed up, hello I could play GTA III's and then when IV came out I had no problem adapting. A lot of others did however. The GTA series was evolving like you said, niko bellic half brother, but a lot of people hated it. So when V comes out, over time it begins to feel like Rockstar focussed on appealing to the guys who complained about IV rather than evolving. V made a lot of downgrades. Yes they added more content, but content isn't everything; believe me it ain't. Whatever was good from IV was just thrown away, some good innovative features were cut, the humor was nerfed, some simple features from III that would help with the immersion regarding the game never made it back in. And what a lot of people are mad over is the driving. A lot of people like it, a lot of people hate it. It feels like Rockstar simply tried to please only the ones who truly hated IV's handling and that left a lot of other people, including me, in the cold. This is just me, I simply hate simplistic physics in open worlded games. I try to get immersed by driving slow, but I can't because the physics are well suited for that. I love to explore a car's handling but it was hard for me to attach to cars in V.

Honestly, can we discuss opinions without using "why do we need that" without making up some ludicrous ass assumptions as to why somebody dislikes something new. Saying I hate V because I can't let go of IV is like saying I hate the 2015 Mustang design because I can't let go of the 2013 one and quite frankly that isn't even f*cking true thank you very much. :^:

CJ_Vercetti
  • CJ_Vercetti

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

I think the main issue for people complaining GTA doesn't feel the same anymore is that they are getting older and growing over GTA :)

I remember GTA3, then Vice City, and finally San Andreas, which was so awesome, that I spent a whole month of my summer break at the college playing it 2-3 hours a day, until I reached 100%, and I enjoyed it immensely.

I followed GTA IV development and news, got it as soon as it got out, and i enjoyed it, but not as much as GTA: SA, and in fact, I've never finished the story, and I only finished TLaD and TBoGT this year, while waiting for GTA V.

So I think GTA is still the same good game, but we are changing, and new generations meet GTA and enjoy it as we did in the time.

It's nothing bad, we enojy other things now, apart from playing games, which can still be a lot of fun.

• Osho and ReekyAlex like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by Official General, 04 December 2013 - 01:11 PM.

These very nice little extras that you speak of seen in GTA V are all well and good, as long there are a decent amount of side missions that are relating to crime. Without any decent amount of crime-related side missions, all of this stuff just would not be greatly appreciated in a game like GTA, and in some cases it becomes meaningless - this is a game primarily first and foremost about crime, not leisure and outdoor activities. 

The main thing that excites and interests me about a GTA game outside of the story is what kind of side missions related to crime are on offer. Crime-related side missions for example, like gang wars, gang recruitment, drug-dealing, robberies, burglaries, hijacking, vehicle theft, illegal gambling, protection/extortion etc, that's the kind of stuff that really blows my mind. GTA V had very little to none of this stuff as side missions, which for was shocking and unforgivable. 

I'm with ya on that General. I like those things too, but GTA is not The Sims.

What impresses me is what you've listed.

@ Son Of Liberty

This what many people on here just don't seem to understand. These defenders of GTA V keep pointing the nice little things you can for outdoors and leisure, but truth be told, I could not give a sh*t about all that until I see a decent amount of crime-related side missions to go with it. It's like these guys just seem to forget what GTA is supposed to be about in the first place, which I find so strange. 

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

These very nice little extras that you speak of seen in GTA V are all well and good, as long there are a decent amount of side missions that are relating to crime. Without any decent amount of crime-related side missions, all of this stuff just would not be greatly appreciated in a game like GTA, in some cases, it becomes meaningless - this is a game primarily first and foremost about crime, not leisure and outdoor activities. 

The main thing that excites and interests me about a GTA game outside of the story is what kind of side missions related to crime are on offer. Crime-related side missions for example, like gang wars, gang recruitment, drug-dealing, robberies, burglaries, vehicle theft, hijacking, illegal gambling, protection/extortion etc, that's the kind of stuff that really blows my mind. GTA V had very little to none of this stuff as side missions, which for me was shocking and unforgivable. 

Yeah, things like TV shows and in-game internet is cool but it should come after these kinds of criminal activities are implemented. Not at the price of it.

• Official General likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

Wow SRX you need to calm down lol. Although I agree with everything you've said.
  • Scaglietti likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 04 December 2013 - 01:28 PM.

well just play III And vice city for the rest of your life problem Solved.

TheTruePiMs
  • TheTruePiMs

Old Player

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

I don't think any GTA will be able to recapture the feeling I had when I played GTA III for the first time.

Everything was said here !
Even if the 3 protags was a good idea, it killed the GTA feeling for not focusing on 1 guy.

I trully think that what killed GTA V is the 3 protagonists system.

• mikeinthahouse likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

I want my online toon to be my main protag in the single player.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

Wow SRX you need to calm down lol. Although I agree with everything you've said.

Haha I'm just trying to make point is all. :D

• TheOtherRyan likes this

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:38 PM Edited by Emmi, 04 December 2013 - 01:44 PM.

GTA III will once be or is already THE videogame of all time!

It was the first game which basically let us do whatever we want in a big open city.

I get all nostalgic if I just think about the moment I first played it with my brother.

I can say those were by far the best times in gaming history so far.

The simple reason why the latest GTA's don't have that magic anymore as previous, especially III, is because there's not such an innovation (possible) anymore - nowadays we have loads of open world games out there - it's just not something new anymore which it was when GTA III hit shelves.

That's what makes the difference.

BTW I would even say GTA III and GTA IV are the most memorized GTA games of all time, simply because in both it was sth completely new - in III it was basically the first open world game, in IV it was the jump to HD era, bringing enormous physic updates, better animations, better cutscenes and better graphics.

I basically have nothing more to add to that topic besides that we ALL will look forward to the next GTA, sitting in front of our PC's 24 hours a day, 7 days a week lurking for new info from Rockstar Games. It's just the nature of GTA - also it's because it's not released every year or every 2nd year - I hope GTA games get even more rare - one new game every 6 years, I'd be fine with that. In the years between Rockstar can bring out other creative games, as we've seen in the past!

UndraftedTalent
  • UndraftedTalent

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

You are growing up, sir. Things are never going to be the same again.

carlton-banks.jpg

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Reading some of the latest replies in this thread just make me want to throw my computer and phone to save me from the idiocy. So some people wanted to do vehicle missions or police missions or gang wars, or whatever the f*ck it was that was in IV that never returned and could've easily returned. Well... does it really do any good if you say, "Oh why do you need that anyways" or "do you really need a side mission to steal cars, in GTA IV, I found no appeal in going out and steeling a nice car, just to drive it back to the same location for some useless money when I could have just kept said car for myself." Um hello? Some people actually like that stuff. Not everybody is like you. I personally thought importing and exporting cars was fun. Tenxax, I thought the gang wars were okay and I loved the police missions. Just because you think such stuff is unnecessary doesn't mean it is unnecessary. If you don't like it, don't use it, but it wouldn't hurt to have such features in V for other people's enjoyment.

Another argument in this thread that irritates me is, "You people like to hold on to the past" and that niko bellic guy said something like, "You all don't like things to be changed" No offense, but you aren't getting anywhere assuming up some ludicrous explanation as to why so many people are bickering in disappointment regarding V. Um, I actually like things to be changed up, hello I could play GTA III's and then when IV came out I had no problem adapting. A lot of others did however. The GTA series was evolving like you said, niko bellic half brother, but a lot of people hated it. So when V comes out, over time it begins to feel like Rockstar focussed on appealing to the guys who complained about IV rather than evolving. V made a lot of downgrades. Yes they added more content, but content isn't everything; believe me it ain't. Whatever was good from IV was just thrown away, some good innovative features were cut, the humor was nerfed, some simple features from III that would help with the immersion regarding the game never made it back in. And what a lot of people are mad over is the driving. A lot of people like it, a lot of people hate it. It feels like Rockstar simply tried to please only the ones who truly hated IV's handling and that left a lot of other people, including me, in the cold. This is just me, I simply hate simplistic physics in open worlded games. I try to get immersed by driving slow, but I can't because the physics are well suited for that. I love to explore a car's handling but it was hard for me to attach to cars in V.

Honestly, can we discuss opinions without using "why do we need that" without making up some ludicrous ass assumptions as to why somebody dislikes something new. Saying I hate V because I can't let go of IV is like saying I hate the 2015 Mustang design because I can't let go of the 2013 one and quite frankly that isn't even f*cking true thank you very much. :^:

Honestly the same could go for the criticisms you had with GTA V. Some people actually do like Tennis and Golf, and I see you talking a lot about "Who even enjoys golf and tennis" Because, I, for one do. And you seem to be complaining about the the people who didn't like certain side missions IV. A matter of hypocrisy, really. The argument that some people did like the side missions in IV is a silly one, because it goes against all the complaints you had with the V side missions.

Also, I'm pretty sure that niko bellics half brother was aware that removing features was a change, thats why he said you can't let go of the past. Turning engines off is a downgrade from IV that you can't seem to let go of. It's turning an engine off. Same goes with the driving, humor, etc. It's a new formula. It's a matter of getting use to. I had trouble with IV's driving at first but I trained myself to adapt to it. 

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

@Above: I enjoy Golf and Tennis, its quite fun actually. But its when I remember im playing a GTA title that it leaves a weird taste in my mouth. It's Grand Theft Auto, I should be gambling away my money, organizing drug deals and starting gang wars, selling dope and smuggling guns, not playing golf, watching TV and smoking a cigar.

I finished that game 100%, and I can tell you, the lives of Franklin, Micheal and Trevor are more boring than mine.All they do, is Sunday drives, tennis games and cinema viewings. Im not against leisure activities, but it should come after the more GTA-ish stuff, because now, after IV and V, the meaning of GTA is on the verge of becoming about leisure activities only.

'' Oh boy, I sure am excited to see what sports we're gonna play in GTA VI ! ''

We don't want this to happen.

• Official General and Ixnay like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

Tennis and Yoga are forgettable for good like drunken sh*t design soo finding hard to replay.

A lot of stuff can be found in V still not accessible for reasons known best to Rockstar.

I am also quite confused what Rockstar is aiming this time with V.
Single player is still not 100% open with interiors blocked for time being. Rockstar is having a tough time ahead since reading all those disappointments in the pinned thread has shocked me top to bottom.
I am enjoying the game though may be having no expectations in the past has helped me to quickly mix into the new and different GTA world.
And of course what really my wish all this time was A PC game like begging them to make it fast.

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

The game is way to serious and 'realistic'.

I liked the old way.

*Waits for someone to say I suck at the game and I should go play saints row or whatever*

Dan001
  • Dan001

Hello

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

GTAV is ALRIGHT but it is by no means an "original GTA."

Put this in your logic pipe, smoke it and tell me what you think:

1) If GTAV had no multiplayer would you still play it?

2) If GTAV went by another name would you still like it??

3) If GTAV had mediocre graphics and effects would you still play it???

If you answered yes to any of these, it means you like novelty. And that's all I'm implying.

Novel things are very attractive.

AKA "bells and whistles."

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

carlton-banks.jpg

Dan001
  • Dan001

Hello

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

You joined 35 minutes ago just to post a pic of Carlton?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Imagine if GTA IV never existed and GTA V was released as GTA IV.

I guess the reactions would be slightly better, or maybe even worse, the game still lacks tons of features that were in SA.

People would be like: Wait, theres no real monster trucks, no hotring race cars and 8 track, no demolition derby with a modified glendale, no dirtbike challenges, less races to choose from, simplified driving but improved crash physics, no 6 stars, can't recruit anyone to follow (even the cheat is missing) / lack of cheats, better AI but police are the new SA rubberbanding highway driver AI, having to do yoga (which is most likely worse than bowling), less memorable characters, no casinos, only one city, and other things...

GTA V would basically be GTA SA with less things in HD with a bad mix of arcade and realism.

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Let's be honest, its a HD Vice City we need to bring back the GTA feel. For me at least, Vice City was the first GTA I played (well technically Vice City Stories on PSP), it just feels like the rightful home of GTA.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

Vice City HD map may not be as big as V.
But a new take on it with a fresh story will have to be perfect for playing missions and doing all the odd jobs.
Rockstar should be doing it for 6 as there is no other option for them.

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Let's be honest, its a HD Vice City we need to bring back the GTA feel. For me at least, Vice City was the first GTA I played (well technically Vice City Stories on PSP), it just feels like the rightful home of GTA.

I'd dig a return to Vice City on PS4 with a Tommy like character..

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:16 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 04 December 2013 - 05:25 PM.

It appears people can't accept evolution, and just want their favourite product to be the same thing over and over.

No matter what anybody says, the fundamental and core heartbeat of GTA has stuck true to form throughout every game in the series - and that includes V. The problem here seems to be that certain people get so attached to a certain element(s) of one of the games, that if that particular element(s) happens to be missing from the next game, they start throwing their tampons around claiming it to be..."worst game eva/what happened to GTA/lazy rockstar/etc".

If Rockstar had made V to satisfy everyone and their aggressively demanding needs, we'd have a game that's on 6 discs...a development period of much more than 4/5 years...a terrible frame-rate to cope with everything on PS3/360....and last but not least....a sh*t-load more whining than we currently have on this depressing, troll-infested forum.

A online video game forum actually depresses you ?? Lol wow, is your everyday life that empty and void of anything else ??

Grow up mate.

That's funny because I'm pretty sure the storyline, you know, the main theme of the game revolved around heists - you know, CRIME. Just because you didn't get your worshipped gang wars or gang recruitment etc doesn't make V any less of a primarily focused crime game.

Talking of which, and for the 2576th time - V is not supposed to be a SA 2.0, and it was never supposed to be. When are you going to get this through that head of yours? Just let go and accept it already...

*Also, since when was pool or bowling or taxi missions or dating or ring racing or basketball or car/boat/flying schools or anything else I missed - crime related? Incase you hadn't noticed, GTA has ALWAYS had non-crime related side activities since Vice City. It's one of the main things that made your precious San Andreas so popular. But because R* decided to expand on them in V to make them more fun for us, you're trying to claim that these activities have taken over as the primary focus of the game. Give me a f*cking break....

My only guess is that your just nit-picking to try and justify your bitterness that V didn't give you enough gangbanging stuff. You should be happy you got any at all. It's pretty obvious R* just threw in Franklin to keep the SA kids happy, and that they really wanted to make their own game revolving around Michael and Trevor.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

even though i agree that there should be more activities based around crime but did the Earlier games have a wide range of Crime Side missions? vice city had 

Ambulance missions 

pcj playground 

police missions

taxi missions 

pizza delivery 

fireman missions 

R.C Missions (remote control racing)

arena missions (dirt ring blood ring etc)

How Many are Based Around Crime? yet Im sure all is Forgiving because its vice city.

• John Smith and ReekyAlex like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

even though i agree that there should be more activities based around crime but did the Earlier games have a wide range of Crime Side missions? vice city had 

Ambulance missions 

pcj playground 

police missions

taxi missions 

pizza delivery 

fireman missions 

R.C Missions (remote control racing)

arena missions (dirt ring blood ring etc)

How Many are Based Around Crime? yet Im sure all is Forgiving because its vice city.

:^:

Exactly my point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users