Photo

GTA doesnt feel the same anymore

242 replies to this topic
takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

I grew up playing Vice City. It was so good that I bought GTA III(a game I overlooked). These games were so epic they made me fall in love with video games in general. My friend used to come to my house and we used to be happy even blowing up a vehicle..

now games are too advanced.. they dont feel right.. maybe I'm getting too old.. maybe I'd drunk right now but damn I feel that GTA could be better.. GTA V didn't feel right.. it tries too hard. The idea is good but rockstar is losing that imagination and motivation they had.. probably becase they are getting old too. Now it's all about business. before it was all about fun. Those who get me get me

• NSanityHD, aln456, Neo Arcadia and 10 others like this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:10 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 03 December 2013 - 11:11 PM.

I get what you're saying mate. I still love the series, but it's understandable that some would get tired of the formula. I don't think any GTA will be able to recapture the feeling I had when I played GTA III for the first time.

• SCAR., Neo Arcadia, DeafMetal and 10 others like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

I can mindlessly kill, burn, fight people - Checked

I can steal cars - Checked

It still feels the same to me.

• ExitiumMachina, gangmug, GroundZero and 9 others like this

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

I think its the 3 playable characters that spoiled everything-Shoulda been just Balcony Guy or Red Car Guy I guess

• Doland J. Trump, theGTAking101 and daliakiller like this

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

maybe I'd drunk right now

/tread

• Wolfhuman, GroundZero, universetwisters and 5 others like this

PKarco
  • PKarco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

I agree to an extent. Trust me I loved the whimsicality of gta san andreas, there were cheats for seemingly everything. From flying cars, to being able to recruit anyone you look at. GTA 5 does seem a bit more serious compared to its era III counter parts and at times I really feel like rockstar has gimped some of the little things you could do.

• SarahPilko likes this

rambo9610
  • rambo9610

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

I agree for the most part. GTA just doesn't really have that magic that makes a GTA game a GTA game anymore. They took GTA online wayyyy too seriously and having more than 1 character as the main protagonist in sp also killed it for me because i couldn't make a connection to any of the 3 characters plus what made it worse was the fact you are working for corrupt FIB agents for pretty much the entire story which makes no sense. I'm probably going to pass on GTAVI considering i sold GTAV today after letting it sit around for nearly 2 months because i had no motivation to play it anymore. The fun was simply gone...

• aln456, hooma and Tikhung like this

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

Didn't you say you were drunk?

• Palikari likes this

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

I agree for the most part. GTA just doesn't really have that magic that makes a GTA game a GTA game anymore. They took GTA online wayyyy too seriously and having more than 1 character as the main protagonist in sp also killed it for me because i couldn't make a connection to any of the 3 characters plus what made it worse was the fact you are working for corrupt FIB agents for pretty much the entire story which makes no sense. I'm probably going to pass on GTAVI considering i sold GTAV today after letting it sit around for nearly 2 months because i had no motivation to play it anymore. The fun was simply gone...

100% this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

I played also them old games. But i kinda understand you if i coming from a nostalgia viewpoint. But shove nostalgia away and imo, you will see that gta v is the better then the oldies.

• Bonnano likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

Nostalgia. I have some strange feeling towards San Andreas, it was something real big back in the day but I rather to play newer GTAs.

Vagg
  • Vagg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Feel ya

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

I can mindlessly kill, burn, fight people - Checked

I can steal cars - Checked

It still feels the same to me.

And I can do that in Saints Row. Your point? Dumb logic.
  • aln456, saksoka, Mr. Sleepy and 1 other like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

Well GTA has been doing it since 97', your point? f*cking none, now buzz off big guy.

Oh but then you might take your f*cking time to reply to me with smileys about how my logic is dumb because killing and stealing cars has been almost the f*cking basis to every damn GTA to date.

KyleAElliott
  • KyleAElliott

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

f*cking right on.. 

YanUK
  • YanUK

Retired VC Contest Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

I grew up playing Vice City.

now games are too advanced.. they dont feel right..

That's a pretty fine game to grow up playing dude.  I grew up playing the Atari tennis or pong.  **ahem.   So, it's all relative.  Vice City massively more advanced than Atari tennis from my perspective and GTA V masssively advanced from VC in yours.  I understand where you are coming from on this.  It's about the 'feel'.  I have said it before and still believe that for me, GTA 3 had the best 'feel', look how basic that is now compared to V.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by ShadowDog94, 04 December 2013 - 12:36 AM.

I understand where you're coming from. I've sort of drifted away more and more from games in recent years. I've started to develop more of an interest in music. I still enjoy video games but not as much as when I was younger. It is true that the first time I played VC and SA, I had more fun with them than I did with V. But that was because they were my first proper introductions to the open world genre. Back then, I was amazed by all the sh*t you could do. Now that I've gotten older and played every GTA game, it's not really as exciting as it was when I was a kid.

• ActionBronson likes this

YanUK
  • YanUK

Retired VC Contest Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

@ ShadowDog 94 - good point.  So you first played GTA at 18 i.e. not a kid lol.  I've really got to get to grips with age restricted games.  No such thing when I was 18.  I'm just an ol' bastard.

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

I get what you're saying mate. I still love the series, but it's understandable that some would get tired of the formula. I don't think any GTA will be able to recapture the feeling I had when I played GTA III for the first time.

This
and yes, you're probably drunk right now

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:54 AM Edited by StingrayX, 04 December 2013 - 12:57 AM.

Well GTA has been doing it since 97', your point? f*cking none, now buzz off big guy.

Oh but then you might take your f*cking time to reply to me with smileys about how my logic is dumb because killing and stealing cars has been almost the f*cking basis to every damn GTA to date.

Oh god you are so utterly annoying that it ain't worth it to waste 4 minutes replying to you with my so called smiley filled posts. I've just come to the conclusion that you're one of those hot headed and blinded GTA V fanboys who cannot accept any negative opinions about the game even if they are sensible. Look, I can see why some people love V to death, but becoming an asskisser and being a dick to anybody who doesn't like it is just completely idiotic.

If you're going to continue being this way, I'm just going to save my time and block all of your posts so I don't have to know you even exist anymore.

Edit: Well I mine as well do that because every post you make is biased bullcrap.

• word is bond, Bonnano and chilleverest like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by Official General, 04 December 2013 - 12:40 PM.

I grew up playing Vice City. It was so good that I bought GTA III(a game I overlooked). These games were so epic they made me fall in love with video games in general. My friend used to come to my house and we used to be happy even blowing up a vehicle..

now games are too advanced.. they dont feel right.. maybe I'm getting too old.. maybe I'd drunk right now but damn I feel that GTA could be better.. GTA V didn't feel right.. it tries too hard. The idea is good but rockstar is losing that imagination and motivation they had.. probably becase they are getting old too. Now it's all about business. before it was all about fun. Those who get me get me

I get you bro, I definitely agree with everything you have said here.

GTA V just feels so underwhelming to me, especially when I consider just how long I had been waiting for it to be released, and just how excited I was about finally playing it. It really frustrates and annoys me to know that GTA V is game that clearly offers so much potential and greatness, but just did not achieve it. V had every opportunity to really improve on GTA IV. But V's story was mediocre, the protagonists were nothing special, the game was too short and lacking in many important, good features. Rockstar just did not fully utilize the really good qualities of the game enough to make it one of the greatest GTAs in the series. One of the most shocking things for me about Rockstar this generation is that V is the first GTA in which Rockstar paid much more attention and invested more effort in the online multiplayer over the single player - something that I never thought Rockstar would ever do. 

I think Rockstar have just gotten lazy and a bit up themselves lately. Probably because they have got too used to regularly having major success with the series. GTA games are always guaranteed to make huge sales for Rockstar, so they seem to think that they can just throw whatever they want at us GTA fans, and that we will automatically accept it as another great work of art of theirs. 

• Scaglietti and QuietJosh like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

I don't think OP is drunk. I mean, sure, he had things to drink, but he's just not... DRUNK. He just doesn't FEEL drunk. That's why I think OP is a cigarette. Those who get me will get me.

• Ixnay likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

For a lot of us who have been fans since the beginning it's probably because we're been getting older. I've been gaming since the early 90s and whilst I still love video games I know it's not as strong as it once was.

For me I think GTA V simply tries too hard to be like a GTA III era GTA whilst still keeping in touch with GTA IV's core advancements (although it is a step backwards corewise in ways).

I've said this before, but GTA V feels like a game that was made out of obligation. I really don't see where 5 years of development is because to me it feels like it was made in much less time. Like 2 maybe 3 years.

Things like the property make me feel like this game was in a rush phase at some point. GTA IV felt like a game that had been in development for as long as it did. GTA V doesn't.

• The real coast guard, Scaglietti, hooma and 2 others like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

@StingrayX

Alright, good for me. I might block your crap too because its all biased but you act entitled like if it was all true and everyone agreed with you. Im even asking to my self why did you even bother in replying to me.

I know the game has flaws man, I recognize it but you don't have to tell me or anyone else around a houndred times just to get the message across.

I wasn't even talking about this game being specific, I was talking about the whole saga in general, about how the main basis of it was about stealing cars and killing people. Yet you had to reply to me seeing how my logic was flawed saying you could do the same in Saints Row.

For me like it was like if you compared Family Guy and The Simpsons, it ins't the same f*cking thing.

Sincerly - The utterly annoying prick.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by StingrayX, 04 December 2013 - 01:41 AM.

@StingrayX

Alright, good for me. I might block your crap too because its all biased but you act entitled like if it was all true and everyone agreed with you. Im even asking to my self why did you even bother in replying to me.

I know the game has flaws man, I recognize it but you don't have to tell me or anyone else around a houndred times just to get the message across.

I wasn't even talking about this game being specific, I was talking about the whole saga in general, about how the main basis of it was about stealing cars and killing people. Yet you had to reply to me seeing how my logic was flawed saying you could do the same in Saints Row.

For me like it was like if you compared Family Guy and The Simpsons, it ins't the same f*cking thing.

Sincerly - The utterly annoying prick.

If you actually read my posts, you'll see that I'm not one to try and speak for everyone less somebody is really trolling the f*ck out of a thread. I don't shove my opinions in anybody's face, but I'd expect you to think that I do since you probably get annoyed by negative opinions regarding V anyways. I've seen you shove your opinions down people's throats. How some people wanted those police missions and gang wars to be back and you were like "who the f*ck wants that back they were boring and repetitive" so don't be a hypocrite, especially if I'm not even doing what you're implying that I am doing.

My problem with you is that you can't disagree with somebody in a formal way. I could understand you overreacting if somebody said something very silly regarding V, but I've seen you bash some people's opinions that were actually valid. Get a grip, dude.

• TheOtherRyan, Official General, word is bond and 2 others like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

My problem with you is that you can't disagree with somebody in a formal way. I could understand you overreacting if somebody said something very silly regarding V, but I've seen you bash some people's opinions that were actually valid. Get a grip, dude.

@ Stingray

I agree, Tenxax does indeed do that I've seen it myself. And he seems to think his views have some magical effect by writing his comments in italics. 

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

GTA V feels like a good wine not aged enough for Us
All the magic was lost to obtain a huge success before next-gen consoles were out

A touch of genius from marketing perspective, sure
But a Dick-move for the ''old'' players like Us
  • YanUK likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

@StingrayX

Why are you even bothering to reply to me then? Did you seriously look at all my posts or the ones you remember?

@OfficialGeneral

What is wrong with italics? I liked writting that way until I realised it was so damn stupid.

I never said anything to you for having a senseless signature and a gangster holding a gun as your avatar.

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

It's called evolution TAKERAL, its the HD universe that changed everything, the comic look is dead so everything looks and feels different by default.

:) :) :) :) :)

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

awww... he grew up with GTA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users