Quantcast

» «
Photo

Worst radio stations from GTA V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Worst radio stations in GTA V (200 member(s) have cast votes)

Worst radio stations in GTA V

1. West Coast Classics (17 votes [3.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.42%

2. Radio Los Santos (33 votes [6.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.64%

3. Los Santos Rock Radio (7 votes [1.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.41%

4. Non Stop Pop FM (20 votes [4.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.02%

5. Lowdown FM (25 votes [5.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.03%

6. Rebel Radio (15 votes [3.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.02%

7. Soulwax FM (38 votes [7.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.65%

8. Space 103.2 (18 votes [3.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.62%

9. Vinewood Boulevard Radio (23 votes [4.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.63%

10. Channel X (45 votes [9.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.05%

11. WCTR (22 votes [4.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.43%

12. Blue Ark FM (28 votes [5.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

13. East Los FM 106.2 (92 votes [18.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.51%

14. WorldWide FM (25 votes [5.03%] - View)

15. Radio Mirror Park (19 votes [3.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

16. FlyLo FM (45 votes [9.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.05%

17. Blaine County Radio (25 votes [5.03%] - View)

Vote
Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 04 December 2013 - 02:42 AM.

East Los FM, I've never been a fan of Latin music. Playlist-wise, it's Non Stop Pop FM. There are a good amount of songs I like on there like "Music Sounds Better With You" and "Adult Education", but it's ruined by it's inconsistency (too many different genres at once) and sh*tty modern pop tracks that don't even remotely fit GTA.

Vinewood Boulevard I don't like that much either. Just boring teen surf rock from bands I've never heard of, not my cup of tea. It makes me wish even more for the return of a Radio X-style station.

It's called Non-Stop Pop for a reason.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

East Los FM. Can't believe R* paid for this kind of sh*tty music. I also dislike Channel X. Being an hard rock and metal listener, it really disappoints me. I was hoping for great rock like on Radio X in SA. And LS Rock, well most of it isn't even rock. I like some songs but most of them (especially Radio Gaga...) suck.

Pffft, another person who thinks that the only thing that is defined as "rock" are hard rock artists like Guns'N'Roses or Metallica. It's all rock in one form or another.

That said: Soft rock > Hard Rock

I agree. People here have actually said that they want Blink 182 and Offspring. Black Flag and real punk are better than that mall punk crap.

Ermac
  • Ermac

oh sh*t it's Joe Budden

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:27 AM Edited by Ermac., 04 December 2013 - 03:27 AM.

Blane County Radio simply because of Ron's presence on it. I hate everything about Ron, especially his voice. East Los FM comes at a close second with Vinewood Boulevard Radio at third.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

lol are you serious? the nigga who said "BITCH ASS NIGGA!" isn't the dj you f*ckin monkey....

rebel radio gets my vote. I cant get into that lame ass cracka sh*t...

I liked 2 songs from east LS fm, even tho I got no f'n clue what theyre sayin...

after seeing the cut tracklist, RLS could've, should've, and would've been WAY better...

flylo was aight. had outkast, tyler, and some other sh*t that bumped.

not into the rock...channel x sounded like some 90 wanna be  grunge garage band sh*t...

WSC coulda been better too...

xxRichter
  • xxRichter

IT'S WARIO TIME!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

East Los FM. Who actually listens to that and enjoys it?  :blink:

Me

Hey, some songs in there are actually good

And

Only 2 good songs I like.

Man gotta learn Spanish to like something sometimes

xxRichter
  • xxRichter

IT'S WARIO TIME!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

lol are you serious? the nigga who said "BITCH ASS NIGGA!" isn't the dj you f*ckin monkey....

rebel radio gets my vote. I cant get into that lame ass cracka sh*t...

I liked 2 songs from east LS fm, even tho I got no f'n clue what theyre sayin...

after seeing the cut tracklist, RLS could've, should've, and would've been WAY better...

flylo was aight. had outkast, tyler, and some other sh*t that bumped.

not into the rock...channel x sounded like some 90 wanna be  grunge garage band sh*t...

WSC coulda been better too...

And dude, being racist isn't the answer.

Damn wrong with people?

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

Nonstop Pop FM, Lowdown FM (can't remember it so it must suck), Soulwax FM, Blue Ark, WorldWide FM, and maybe BCR because of that terrible "Bless Your Heart" show.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

East Los FM, I've never been a fan of Latin music. Playlist-wise, it's Non Stop Pop FM. There are a good amount of songs I like on there like "Music Sounds Better With You" and "Adult Education", but it's ruined by it's inconsistency (too many different genres at once) and sh*tty modern pop tracks that don't even remotely fit GTA.

Vinewood Boulevard I don't like that much either. Just boring teen surf rock from bands I've never heard of, not my cup of tea. It makes me wish even more for the return of a Radio X-style station.

Except some songs on there aren't even pop.

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:11 AM Edited by gtafan899, 04 December 2013 - 11:13 AM.

soulwax fm.

flylo fm.

wctr.

channel x.

radio los santos.

blue ark.

east los fm.

vinewood radio.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

Jeezus ... I don't know honestly. I just realized I spend so much time driving around with the radio off because there's literally nothing worth listening. First time it happens in a GTA game for me.  :/ 

And the talk shows...terrible. 

To make you understand the way I feel about the talk shows, even after 5 long years on the East Coast, listening to Just Or Unjust, I would still laugh out loud, even though I knew every lines. WCTR and BCR, I giggled twice. It's absolutely repulsing. I hope Rockstar did not lose their humor and that it will come back in GTA VI because, damn, it's really low.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

The consideration here shouldn't be 'whether it fits GTA', it should be 'whether it matches real-world radio'. And it does, unfortunately. I don't like non-Stop Pop, but I can see why it's there. Some f*cking awful music on it though.

East Los FM is f*cking terrible. Waste of license money.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

I don't think "fits GTA" is a good term to use. How do you know what songs "fit GTA"?

This is a game based off of LA, and LA wouldn't feel right if it didn't have some recognizable songs.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

This ain't noise mate, this is f*ckin' Showtek

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

After listening to every radio station, I'd say the worst is East Los FM, Godawful.

Although my favorites are Radio Mirror Park, LSRR, Vinewood Boulevard Radio & Non stop Pop FM

Rebel Radio = they have some okay songs.

blvckkk
  • blvckkk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Flylo FM. It's too weird for my liking. Not to mention the DJ is a complete f*cking douche who calls anyone who doesn't listen to it a ''bitch-ass nigga''. Why did this punk get his own station anyway?

lmfao what an idiot..that isn't the DJ who says that, it's rapper Tyler, The Creator talking as a character from his Adult Swim show.

BurgerKingpeaceRingpie
  • BurgerKingpeaceRingpie

GTAF Football Team Captain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 04 December 2013 - 04:07 PM.

With the exception of OFF!, all of the bands on Channel X were around 10+ years before the whole grunge thing started.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 04 December 2013 - 04:48 PM.

I don't think "fits GTA" is a good term to use. How do you know what songs "fit GTA"?

This is a game based off of LA, and LA wouldn't feel right if it didn't have some recognizable songs.

Because GTA never used mainstream top 40 music until now. And the choices for Non Stop Pop as popular as they may be, don't even make sense. Some songs on there (like "Pure Shores" and "Scandalous") were only really big hits in the UK so it doesn't emulate real radio that well either. The licensing budget could have gone to better use like getting some good Californian hard rock in there, and that is just the way I see it.

rere1love
  • rere1love

GTA DIVA

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

im sorry the songs that where picked for R7B sucked the worst sondtrack ever in GTA history so I don't even listen to the music the radio is off and I turn on my IPOD so it is what it is

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Flylo FM. It's too weird for my liking. Not to mention the DJ is a complete f*cking douche who calls anyone who doesn't listen to it a ''bitch-ass nigga''. Why did this punk get his own station anyway?

lmfao what an idiot..that isn't the DJ who says that, it's rapper Tyler, The Creator talking as a character from his Adult Swim show.

Oh well excuse me for making an honest mistake, you sh*tbag. Then Tyler is the f*cking douche then. It's not funny at all and he just sounds like an obnoxious prick, which makes me not wanna listen to it.

Because GTA never used mainstream top 40 music until now. And the choices for Non Stop Pop as popular as they may be, don't even make sense. Some songs on there (like "Pure Shores" and "Scandalous") were only really big hits in the UK so it doesn't emulate real radio that well either. The licensing budget could have gone to better use like getting some good Californian hard rock in there, and that is just the way I see it.

I know, it's pretty weird some of the stuff they chose for it. A lot of the stuff is mid to late 90's top 40 hits that were popular in the UK and Ireland. Stuff that my parents probably listened to  :barf:

• Lock N' Stock likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

It's easier to list what stations I didn't actually pick.

Los Santos Rock Radio

Vinewood Boulevard Radio

Rebel Radio

WCTR

Blaine County Radio

Basically, everything else is complete and utter sh*t. Very disappointing soundtrack, but then again after what happened with GTA IV's radio selection I wasn't holding my breathe for anything special in this one.

Special Members
  • Special Members

Everyday I wake up to find myself in bed

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

From best to worst, excluding the talk shows, as I have never bothered listening to them:

West Coast Classics-I love classic hip-hop, and this is some really quality sh*t.

Los Santos Rock Radio-Even though not as good as K-DST, there are really some great tracks on here.

Rebel Radio-I admitt it, I hated K Rose, but I like this station. I love playing as Trevor in his truck cruising down the desert roads blasting "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?".

NonStopPop-Even though it suffers from from some really sh*tty songs, like the Britney Spears one. But the great mid-80's to early-2000's songs make up for it.

Space FM-I usually don't listen to this station, but when ever I turn it on, most of the tracks are pretty funky. No funk station can top Bounce FM, though.

The Low-Down-Most of the tracks are alright. All I got to say.

International FM-Some good tracks. Not too much else.

Vinewood Boulevard Radio-Really not a fan of this garage band trash.

Blue Ark FM-IV is the only game to ever have an decent reagge station. This is pretty mediocore.

Channel X-Not a fan of punk rock. I can't tell what they arw saying. I just hear some scrawny screaming.

Radio Mirror Park-Hipster crap. Pretty lame.

East Los FM-f*cking hell, this station sucks. Don't understand anything. And the tracks generally just suck. That "Uno, Dos, Tres, Quadros" followes by annoying peeping noises, make me wanna f*cking castrate myself.

Soulwax FM-Bunch of electrical mess. Can't stand it.

Flylo FM-The same as Soulwax, just with a sh*tty host.

Luna Lovegood
  • Luna Lovegood

You're just sane as i am

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

Remember GTA 2, III and LCS? they had pop music although its made by R* themself, they probally didnt have the budget to license at the time

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

My number one most disliked radio station is East Los FM. I hope you know what song gave it it's title, and it features a lot of BEEPING!

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Kind of off-topic, but is one of the songs on East Los FM (I think it's called El Cocaino, but it could be a different one) by the same guys who did that weird musical opening scene during Breaking Bad Season 2? I swear it sounds exactly like them.

needtocontrol
  • needtocontrol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

Channel x - lame ass racist white kid music
Fly lo - bunch of fa**ot ass bullsh*t

Calls punks racist.

Outs himself as a homophobe.

Classy. Vous êtes un con ignorant.

All the hate for Channel X isn't a surprise, it's never been mainstream. Haters just kiddies that wanted a One Direction channel.

I don't mind East LS, especially the one that the Beasties sampled (The Move on Hello Nasty).

Worst is the pop one.

Niobium
  • Niobium

TREVOR FANBOYS LIVES DON'T MATTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:30 PM Edited by nobum62, 06 December 2013 - 01:31 PM.

I voted non-stop pop. There's no reason for that brittany type sh*t being in my ears. The nature of mainstream pop is stateless, like mega-corporations. It's from nowhere, so why try and label LS as being a pop town?

I went past a muffinshop IRL and heard one of those girlpop songs that's on nonstop pop and the first thing that came to moind was POLYGON LAPDANCE 'cause that's where I heard it the most.

I'm surprised channel X is getting a lot of hatevotes. I admit it's not that listenable but at least it has roots in SoCal.

Agreed. Modern pop is absolute sh*te and has no place in a GTA game, especially one set in a Californian-esque setting. I agree on Channel X, it is listenable and actually fitting.

eh, there are some redeeming songs like "Rhythm Of The Night" but the genres are too inconsistant. a chunk of the songs sound like they are from vladistock fm in EFLC, another sounds like they are from K109 The Studio, another chunk sounds like they are from vice city fm, and another sounds like mainstream garbage we hear on the radio IRL. ALL WE HEAR IS, RADIO GAGA, RADIO GOOGOO, RADIO GAGA!

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

East Los FM. Can't believe R* paid for this kind of sh*tty music. I also dislike Channel X. Being an hard rock and metal listener, it really disappoints me. I was hoping for great rock like on Radio X in SA. And LS Rock, well most of it isn't even rock. I like some songs but most of them (especially Radio Gaga...) suck.

Pffft, another person who thinks that the only thing that is defined as "rock" are hard rock artists like Guns'N'Roses or Metallica. It's all rock in one form or another.

I like soft rock when it's done right you know? The station was more of a hit and a miss. Some of the songs really stood out and fit (Chicago - Leave Me Now,

Steve Miller - Rock N' Me,

Queen - Radio Gaga,

Phil Collins - I Don't Care Anymore)

But the rest of them I wasn't really vibing with. I would've preferred an actual Zeppelin song, The Doors (L.A Woman... I mean come on) Some Creedence would've been nice, Steely Dan maybe... and a Floyd song.

Mr Putin
  • Mr Putin

President of Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by Mr Putin, 06 December 2013 - 03:10 PM.

To be honest most radiostations didn't meet expectations exept Mirror Park where i discovered some really good tracks. West Coast Classics, radio Los Santos, Soulwax (though electrochoc in TBOGT was waaaaay better) and non-stop pop FM are quite allright (at least i got what i expected). The biggest dissapointment are rock stations, especially Vinewood boulevard. And of course i don't even understand the meaning of worlwide fm, flylo fm and space. They are just nonsence. Oh yeah and of course East Los FM but i guess there are people who actually listen this and may be it is ok, but still Espantoso in VC and that puerto rican music station in TBOGT were much more pleasant to listen to.

BurgerKingpeaceRingpie
  • BurgerKingpeaceRingpie

GTAF Football Team Captain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Channel x - lame ass racist white kid music

What on Earth are you talking about? Racist? 

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

I like soft rock when it's done right you know? The station was more of a hit and a miss. Some of the songs really stood out and fit (Chicago - Leave Me Now,
Queen - Radio Gaga,

But the rest of them I wasn't really vibing with. I would've preferred an actual Zeppelin song, The Doors (L.A Woman... I mean come on) Some Creedence would've been nice, Steely Dan maybe... and a Floyd song.
Ok yeah I can agree with you there. I wasn't saying anything against hard rock, as I adore both hard and soft rock (as you can probably tell by my avatar being Jim Morrison), but my problem is simply when people dismiss soft rock as not being "real rock". I do in fact agree they should have balanced it out however, and removed Higher Love and that terrible Julian Lennon song.
To add, it was almost a sin that L.A Woman wasn't included on the soundtrack for a game based in an LA parody.
  • TheDust likes this

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Queen - Radio Gaga,

Ok yeah I can agree with you there. I wasn't saying anything against hard rock, as I adore both hard and soft rock (as you can probably tell by my avatar being Jim Morrison), but my problem is simply when people dismiss soft rock as not being "real rock". I do in fact agree they should have balanced it out however, and removed Higher Love and that terrible Julian Lennon song.
To add, it was almost a sin that L.A Woman wasn't included on the soundtrack for a game based in an LA parody.

Considering they had a Doors song in IV it's just a wtf moment. And yeah the Julian Lennon song is almost as bad as McCartney's christmas song. That sh*t is reallllly bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users