Photo

do you use airstrike?

34 replies to this topic
vaaas
  • vaaas

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

they give you a flare which can't be thrown far enough to kill enemies and it's nearly impossible to kill a player with it.We should be able to select a point from the map and then direction the strike like in COD

Lukezordz
  • Lukezordz

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

like in COD

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by hugh750, 03 December 2013 - 04:15 PM.

i never used airstrike, i thought about using it though when i wanted to get back at a player killer though. :devil:

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Nobody uses it because it's 12.5K for something that works less than my actual rifles.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

It should be called Airstrike Kamikaze really. Yes I use it to take out Roofers but fully expect to die myself. 

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Have you tried throwing one underground?  Get into the middle of a firefight, but in the subway, and chuck the flare.  Theoretically it should work, but I don't know if it does or not.  Would be a great way to troll people when you have a bounty on you :p

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Guy used an air strike on me yesterday after I decimated him and his crew....I was on top of a two stroy building when I saw the flare come up hit the side and then all of these explosions happened around me. I just walked around the fire piles until it stopped.....pretty useless if you ask me.

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Have you tried throwing one underground?  Get into the middle of a firefight, but in the subway, and chuck the flare.  Theoretically it should work, but I don't know if it does or not.  Would be a great way to troll people when you have a bounty on you :p

Nope doesn't work. It says it needs to be visible to the jet and than 12.5k is wasted.
  • Furry_Monkey likes this

raymo2u
  • raymo2u

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

I just used one on a tank the flare sat on top on it and the strike hit the tank with more than half the load but the tank isnt beeping like you would expect...i think grenades are far more usful and a hell of a better deal

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Nope doesn't work. It says it needs to be visible to the jet and than 12.5k is wasted.

Thanks.  That saves me the time and effort of trying it myself :)

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

COD and map targeting? f*ck that..    Battlefield and laser designated targets!

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

The only way I would consider the airstrike useful is if the flare could be tossed from a helicopter passenger seat.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

Will Troll, on 03 Dec 2013 - 5:36 PM, said:

The only way I would consider the airstrike useful is if the flare could be tossed from a helicopter passenger seat.

did any1 try this?

throwing it from a car could also work

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ill prob test it later tonight when some of my crew is on, but I doubt it. That would make the flare actually useful.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 03 December 2013 - 04:43 PM.

Can you throw it from a car, either driving or as a passenger?

Edit: Ninja'd!

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Surprise unsuspecting noobs lol.
"Hey guys what's this red flare?"
Runs in to take a closer look
Boooom
"Ohhhh so that's what it is!"
Run away

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Some dude under a bridge I was on top of tried to use it on me, oblivious that I had a bridge over me too :D

Tried it twice, never been successful myself.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

I used one next to a Dropped Crate flare. Peoples went there very soon after and didn't notice the flare because it was right next to the crate drop flare.

They exploded so damn bad.

• SIDtheWHISTLE and vaaaas like this

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

The story of the AirStrike

R*Boss -  "sh*t is shipping next month, sand the corners of that multiplayer"

R*Programmer - "What the f*ck?!  We've spent 5 years on Single Player; you didn't tell us we had to have a multiplayer"

• vaaaas likes this

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

R*Programmer - "What the f*ck?!  We've spent 5 years on Single Player; you didn't tell us we had to have a multiplayer"

Talking down about Rockstar?

How original.

So brave.

Tell me more about how you're qualified to develop AAA titles with the pressure of millions of worldwide fans and your corporate bosses wanting to push the deadline up to get the game out ASAP to make that $$$.

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Talking down about Rockstar?

How original.

So brave.

Tell me more about how you're qualified to develop AAA titles with the pressure of millions of worldwide fans and your corporate bosses wanting to push the deadline up to get the game out ASAP to make that $$$.

Oh f*ck son you changed my outlook on life.  I'm going to use the AirStrike every chance I get tonight because it's well f*cking designed.

article-0-1B8249D5000005DC-739_306x423.j

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

So can anyone confirm if you can at least drop it out of a moving car? Would be a fun method to spawn kill. Doing it out of a chopper would be badass.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

it f*cking sucks.

they should add drones we could control at least

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

Never said you had to use the Airstrike.

Way to disregard the point of my message when I just shown that you're nothing more than a trend follower who thinks it's cool to hate on a company for their "mistakes" when you have no idea how they do what they do and what goes into doing it. 

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 03 December 2013 - 05:21 PM.

I'm usually the resident sniper in the lobby. it's been used on me quite a few times, when they realize merryweather mercenaries can't scale the façade of the buildings. But never been killed by one.

But I wouldn't waste 12.5k on it. I'll occasionally call the mercs when I have a bunch of 12 yr olds blocking the garage entrance, sadly its happening to Weazel.

Lester is worth his weight in gold though

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

Don't expect you to stalk my posts... but I love this game and defend it.

You are posting in a f*cking AirStrike thread about how sh*tty it is.  I can't fathom 1 person who can argue it's good... possibly they could argue it is good for a rare rare situation... possibly.

If you think the Multiplayer has anywhere near the polish SP has... sh*t son... just sh*t

I got my $120 + gaming headset out of it... first console game I've played since PS2... 

Have fun with the airstrike'n tho

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'm usually the resident sniper in the lobby. it's been used on me quite a few times, when they realize merryweather mercenaries can't scale the façade of the buildings. But never been killed by one.

Im about to adopt a similar playstyle. I just bought the garage in Grapseed because its so close to a chopper spawn, so every session I start off in I can pick a target from my garage and travel to him like that.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:27 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 03 December 2013 - 05:30 PM.

you mean having to get right next to the target is a stupid idea? you know, because they will either just kill you or move out of the way of the big red smoke cloud?

don't forget that if you hit the wrong button while flying a helicopter they still charge you for the airstrike. you cant use it and you don't get a refund. it just takes the 12k and leaves you pissed off.

*yes you can drive by with an airstrike. friend of mine tried it the other night.

• vaaaaas likes this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:30 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 03 December 2013 - 05:31 PM.

What level are you Jack, bc you could've bought a pad in the city. Always a buzzard at the hospital in strawberry.

SIDtheWHISTLE
  • SIDtheWHISTLE

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

I was hidden (off radar) and saw two dudes coming my way pretty quick for a cargo drop. So I got out my flare and threw it just before they turned up and one of them drove straight on top of it.

BOOM !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users