After ~230 hours of GTA I started playing Red Dead Redemption for the

85 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

I literally finished Red Dead Redemption yesterday and although the story is amazing the amount of game breaking glitches ruined the experience for me

What glitches? I've never had any issues with RDR across 3 full playthroughs.

Me neither. I played on xbox though, that can be it? I've heard that there are more glitches on the PS version

Well, potentially, but I had no glitches at all on PS3. So, now what?

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

Plan on doing Undead Nightmare next after I've got my last stranger mission nailed.

I got 4 beaver pelts before a f*cking cougar killed me.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

This ain't no RDR forum.. and don't forget it is R* first time having multiple protags.. if I assume correctly, that is harder than making a story for one protag, as you have to intertwine all the protags with the story.

Edit: Lol, you both have same join date

That's what they did with GTA IV's story arc, it had three protagonists with an interweaving story, so obviously they're familiar with it, they just got lazy with V's story...

I agree. GTA V's story just felt lazily done. It just did not feel like the story of a GTA game in development for 5 years. It just felt like a plot ripped off from some random Hollywood B action/cop movie.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Me neither. I played on xbox though, that can be it? I've heard that there are more glitches on the PS version

Well, potentially, but I had no glitches at all on PS3. So, now what?

Then I have no idea. I didn't notice anything during my 300 hours in the game except for the "normal" little glitches that are in every game. Like a floating horse wagon, donkeylady..
Or this one that I actually WANT to see myself(it makes me laugh so hard, omg I'm laughing right now):

• TOWILS likes this

QuietJosh
  • QuietJosh

Cynical and Grumpy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

ROFLOL. Mr Ed flies! XD

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

ROFLOL. Mr Ed flies! XD

It's the most epic sight ever

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

.. second time since its release (2009)

And I can't believe how much better RDR is lol. What has happened to R* ? Red Deads Story was so superior to V's it really is like comparing the Godfather to Twilight or something. It's almost shocking

It was released it 2010 not 09

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

Offending Mimes Everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

I love Red Dead Redemption. I beat the game on my second playthrough a couple of days ago and it still holds up, if not more, as one of the greatest video games ever made. Grand Theft Auto V is great too, with its very diverse missions, its unique storytelling, the customizing options that come with the game, even the map and graphics are great.

But Redemption stands out a little more, and I must give it to the dark story setting and working well in a time period that is set way off from the Grand Theft Auto series. The way the protagonist dies at the end didn't feel cheesy or poorly written, it was very well a part of a sad story. Even John's death is avenged, Jack Marston is a ruined man for the rest of his life. The endings of GTA V, I didn't care for either A or B, and C was alright, but it seemed a little too easy to remove all the antagonists in one mission. Stretch and Tao were bad people, but I didn't think they were even worthy of killing in the final mission.

When we are given a choice to kill Michael, this option is bad, and killing Trevor just really seems awful. Any sense of emotion these characters had before is thrown in the garbage.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Sgt. Phill Bellic. The New Liberty State Trooper.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

That glitch was epic.

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

TOWILS
  • TOWILS

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

I literally finished Red Dead Redemption yesterday and although the story is amazing the amount of game breaking glitches ruined the experience for me

What glitches? I've never had any issues with RDR across 3 full playthroughs.
Loss of sound during cutscenes, freezes, floating horses and load failures.

Amazing. This is literally the first I've heard about any of this. 

I'm playing on PS3 - how could I not have seen these?
Same. I've played through it twice and I don't remember a single bug. Lucky I guess.

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

I didn't notice any bugs until my second playthrough last week. Some of the glitches were just bizarre, such as "An Appointed Time". The cutscene where Louisa is murdered was just not loading for me, and it didn't either time I tried to load the mission. It starts right off in a duel.

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

the only thing rdr tops V is the weapon handling, other than that,V all better!

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:55 PM Edited by GamerShotgun, 03 December 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Guys, most of the glitches in Red Dead Redemption are related to disc/HDD reading speeds being low.

I know this because the first time I've completed Red Dead, I literally didn't catch any glitches, but after my DVD being scratched, there were loading problems, flying horses, and etc... It's not the game's fault.

Also there are lots of people on youtube who are just modding the game and uploading mods as glitches...

IMO RDR can be compared to GTA V, because firstly, it is a TPS game, and has lots of similarities with the GTA franchise, and secondly, it runs on the same engine as GTA V.

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

Guys, most of the glitches in Red Dead Redemption are related to disc/HDD reading speeds being low.

I know this because the first time I've completed Red Dead, I literally didn't catch any glitches, but after my DVD being scratched, there were loading problems, flying horses, and etc... It's not the game's fault.

Also there are lots of people on youtube who are just modding the game and uploading mods as glitches...

It might be that. I don't recall having problems with the disc at all, but the glitches I notice can be funny. My favorite glitch of all time was on a bridge in Mexico, where a two-horse two-man wagon is supposed to spawn above. They spawned on the bridge alright... but 90 degrees off of where they were supposed to. It was one of the funniest things. I would go on the bridge, push their horse, and off they fell to their deaths.

My other favorite glitch I got recently was f*cking creepy. On the final mission, soon after John sends Jack and Abigail out of the barn, the camera stays while John moves, and for a few seconds, we see Jack still standing there in the back of the barn, breathing.

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

In my younger days we used to frequently play games on the Amiga. Piracy was rife in those days and with internet was a much smaller affair games were obtained by visiting a friend with a box of floppy discs and spending a night obtaining several new games. Unfortunately due to the removal of copy protection games often glitched.

One such game was called Quest for the Moonstone. A game where you played a Knight who moved round the map dispatching numerous enemies gradually gaining 4 keystones to access the area in the centre map, slaying a dragon, killing the wind guardian and finishing the game.

First glitch was the keystones could appear in your inventory and vanish. These fake keystones would not open the centre area making it hard to decipher when you had all 4 keys.

2nd glitch was nipping to Stonehenge you could swap a magical item for an extra life. You could select your armour, gain an extra life and still keep your armour. This glitch was much like tha Los Santos Custom glitch which I'm sure your aware of.

The 3rd glitch is the most important one. After slaying the wind guardian the ending wouldn't trigger. You would find yourself wandering around an empty map with no purpose.

You see?, no matter how good a game is too many glitches can wreck it.
  • Fuzzknuckles likes this

stobe187
  • stobe187

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

There is no question that RDR is a very finely made game and a classic in the open world genre.

But answer me this truthfully: if choosing to just dick around in free roam, which game do you choose out of RDR and V?

For me, it's clearly the latter. So much more stuff to do, easier to get around, more modes of transport, more variation in locations.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 03 December 2013 - 02:51 PM.

Wow. You must be the only person on earth to have got a copy of RDR in 2009. You mean 2010. :pp

I agree. RDR had an amazingly gripping story. GTA V's revolving door of forgettable characters didn't do much for me.

I'm gonna have to agree as well. RDR made sense. GTA V was a cluster f*ck of ?. V is so forgettable. RDR will go down in history as one of the greatest games ever made. People a hundred years from now will be playing RDR. #fact ;)

But I do think that RDR should've had a flyable hanglider. That and that one car in Sweetwater after we beat the game. That would've been almost perfect.

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

I loved getting drunk in RDR! they should have kept it the same in GTA V

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

This glitch was much like tha Los Santos Custom glitch which I'm sure your aware of.

I am not. Please share.

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

This glitch was much like tha Los Santos Custom glitch which I'm sure your aware of.

I am not. Please share.

Joking right?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

All red dead redemption had was great visuals and good story telling. I'd rather rob banks than ride a horse and herd sheep.

If we had cars in RDR it would've been something special. Everything in RDR was modelled way better, everything felt bigger - the character models, buildings etc.

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

I am not. Please share.

Joking right?

Don't rise to it haha.

Soda and Soap
  • Soda and Soap

Dr Pepper

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

Forget Red Dead Redemption, BULLY was WAY better then GTA V, that was 2006 & its still better then GTA V. 

(Not sh*tting on Red Dead or anything, that was an awesome game too, in fact my favorite ps3 game of all time) 

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Basicly you can get sell a car yet still keep the car much like the armour in Moonstone.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

If we had cars in RDR it would've been something special. 

Yeah... it really would. It would have been a complete mess, to have these anachronistic futuristic iron-horses racing up and down the dirt tracks. 

That one car that you see towards the end... that alone proves that cars in RDR would have been awful. Slow and hard to control, no doubt. Horses were faster. 

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

It's like comparing Paths of Glory or Apocalypse Now with Platoon or Casualties of War - with all due respect to Francis Ford Coppola and Stanley Kubrick

hooma
  • hooma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

I forget what was GTA V about again?

Mad respect.

SledgeHammer87
  • SledgeHammer87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:26 PM Edited by SledgeHammer87, 03 December 2013 - 11:27 PM.

I played it on Xbox 360, with the latest patches,  and the game installed and I had NO freezes and other bad bugs at all. One time I saw an abandoned wagon that was floating in the air but that already was like the biggest bug I witnessed. Yeah and my horse was running into a lake  after calling for it, but that was it

EV4
  • EV4

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

Holy sh*t, you can't read a goddamn thread without people with no regard throwing spoilers with no warnings.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by StingrayX, 04 December 2013 - 02:52 AM.

Strangely I prefer Rockstar's older games to V, except for any Max Paybe because I've never played those and they have that combact and shooting system that I'm not a fan of that made it into V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users