» «
Photo

After ~230 hours of GTA I started playing Red Dead Redemption for the

85 replies to this topic
SledgeHammer87
  • SledgeHammer87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:25 AM Edited by SledgeHammer87, 05 December 2013 - 08:26 AM.

.. second time since its release (2010)

And I can't believe how much better RDR is lol. What has happened to R* ? Red Deads Story was so superior to V's it really is like comparing the Godfather to Twilight or something. It's almost shocking

• sqre, Tampinha85, UltraGizmo64 and 4 others like this

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:28 AM Edited by user14, 03 December 2013 - 11:29 AM.

Rockstar got lazy after gta 4 ballad of tony
  • tom_p1980 likes this

Wug Shug
  • Wug Shug

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:29 AM Edited by Wesinator, 03 December 2013 - 11:30 AM.

This ain't no RDR forum.. and don't forget it is R* first time having multiple protags.. if I assume correctly, that is harder than making a story for one protag, as you have to intertwine all the protags with the story.

Edit: Lol, you both have same join date

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Wow. You must be the only person on earth to have got a copy of RDR in 2009. You mean 2010. :pp

I agree. RDR had an amazingly gripping story. GTA V's revolving door of forgettable characters didn't do much for me.

• [µT], sqre, AtomicPunk and 4 others like this

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

I occasionally make maps.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Don't forget R* North didn't make Red Dead Redemption. R* San Diego made it.

• Luddite likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:32 AM Edited by Osho, 03 December 2013 - 11:34 AM.

.. second time since its release (2009)

And I can't believe how much better RDR is lol. What has happened to R* ? Red Deads Story was so superior to V's it really is like comparing the Godfather to Twilight or something. It's almost shocking

RDR is superior by every word. Infact, V has quite a few features reminiscent of RDR.

You see RDR is already at the top of gaming history's best open world game. V has yet to surpass it.

Except V's graphics and amount of beautiful world RDR offers. There is not much to compare. A classic is a classic. V is a new born baby and of course walks away as the most loved at the moment.

• tom_p1980, Tashan, QuietJosh and 1 other like this

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

I need friends

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

This ain't no RDR forum.. and don't forget it is R* first time having multiple protags.. if I assume correctly, that is harder than making a story for one protag, as you have to intertwine all the protags with the story.

That's what they did with GTA IV's story arc, it had three protagonists with an interweaving story, so obviously they're familiar with it, they just got lazy with V's story...

• sqre and hooma like this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

I honestly think R* San Diego should be the main studio for the next GTA.

• ThroatSlasher2 and WBaker like this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

That's what they did with GTA IV's story arc, it had three protagonists with an interweaving story, so obviously they're familiar with it, they just got lazy with V's story...

It's much different than IV. In IV there were three separate stories that cross path 2-3 times, while in V they actively live and work together within the same frame so it is harder to write V.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

This. Apart from not having a switching mechanic GTA IV/EFLC was the pioneer for multiple protagonists and an interwoven story.

It's much different than IV. In IV there were three separate stories that cross path 2-3 times, while in V they actively live and work together within the same frame so it is harder to write V.

Yeah, but there were a lot more missions to deal with and they all had to line up perfectly with eachother since it all took place at the same time.

Not say it was more difficult, but GTA V really isn't the first time R* have had to deal with such a hurdle.

• sqre likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:51 AM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 03 December 2013 - 11:51 AM.

red dead is a great game with a Great Storyline and i agree that  Red Dead has  got a better story but not buy a huge Distance red dead is like  9/10 in terms of story and V is like  7/10 IMO As far as the Overall games go I Enjoyed Both for Different Reasons red dead for its Story and V For its Hugely Diverse missions i do hold Red Dead Redemption in Slightly higher Regard. 

and you will have to ask Dan houser what happened he was the Lead writer for both Red Dead and V. 

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

I honestly think R* San Diego should be the main studio for the next GTA.

The story for both were written by mostly the same people so plot-wise, it wouldn't make any difference.

Rockstar North ultimately has the most experience with making GTA, they definitely should continue to lead the development on it. Other Rockstar studios help out anyway, all their skills are pooled together.

• BallinOutOfMind and Murray Bunyan like this

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

He's comparing rdr to V.

Lol, we both have the same join date. (almost)

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

it really is like comparing the Godfather to Twilight or something.

Yes, comparing these two games really is like comparing two totally different films. 

Isn't it lovely when you raise a not very interesting point then answer it for yourself in a very interesting way?

P.S. I'm about to start my fourth run through RDR. It's the best game. 

The BEST game. Of all games. 

• hooma likes this

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

I literally finished Red Dead Redemption yesterday and although the story is amazing the amount of game breaking glitches ruined the experience for me

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

I literally finished Red Dead Redemption yesterday and although the story is amazing the amount of game breaking glitches ruined the experience for me

Yes. The game really has it. If you are not aware on the first run through then bugs can ruin the game. :(

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

What glitches? I've never had any issues with RDR across 3 full playthroughs.

• Tupiz, 727gta and Brian359 like this

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

Started RDR again last week for the second time too - and IMHO GTA V will age better.
The graphics in GTA V is better than RDR.
The animations in RDR is actually worse than GTA IV (the cutscenes in RDR does look better than IV tho).
The overall story in RDR is great, but the first 2/3 of the game drags out to much and most missions don't do anything for the story.
The voice acting in RDR is too varied - some VAs did a damn fine job voicing their character, but others sound way off.
Bugs, bugs all over th place. Rockstar San Diego admitted that the code was a mess and it was a wonder that it even worked (this is also the reason as to why it hasn't been ported to PC).

Don't get me wrong, RDR is a good game, but the only reason that it has the status that it has is due to the lack of other western games.

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Loss of sound during cutscenes, freezes, floating horses and load failures.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

Loss of sound during cutscenes, freezes, floating horses and load failures.

Amazing. This is literally the first I've heard about any of this. 

I'm playing on PS3 - how could I not have seen these?

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

Yesterday I accepted a bounty and hunted a guy down. I wiped his men out but before I could capture him he hopped on a horse and bolted.

I took a long chase after him and decided to gun him down. I shot him and went to loot his corpse which it wouldn't let me do.

I headed into the area behind me and saw 7 or so horses froze. 1 of which was floating mid gallop 2 feet above ground.

I trotted to the path where my horse glitched into a wall. I dismounted and my characted glitched out the mountain with his feet stuck to the floor.

First mission for Edgar Ross the dialogue sound vanished mid sentence.

The game froze twice whilst riding to kill Ross in the final mission and once after rescueing Nastas the first time from the sunken boat.

If GTA 5 avoids those it is a far better game regardless of how bad its story is meant to be.

MAKAVELlil
  • MAKAVELlil

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Red Dead Redemption Was Rockstar Games Best Game Yet
  • hooma likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Yesterday I accepted a bounty and hunted a guy down. I wiped his men out but before I could capture him he hopped on a horse and bolted.

I took a long chase after him and decided to gun him down. I shot him and went to loot his corpse which it wouldn't let me do.

I headed into the area behind me and saw 7 or so horses froze. 1 of which was floating mid gallop 2 feet above ground.

I trotted to the path where my horse glitched into a wall. I dismounted and my characted glitched out the mountain with his feet stuck to the floor.

First mission for Edgar Ross the dialogue sound vanished mid sentence.

The game froze twice whilst riding to kill Ross in the final mission and once after rescueing Nastas the first time from the sunken boat.

If GTA 5 avoids those it is a far better game regardless of how bad its story is meant to be.

Which console, and is it patched up to date?

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

PS3 and if a patch is available my system downloads immediately.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Wow, well, that just doesn't make any sense. I've pumped hundreds of hours into RDR and never seen a single glitch. I've had a few freezes, but I know for a fact that was caused by my old PS3 overheating - it would happen when I played any R* game on it, but since getting a 12gb super slim, never had any issues. 

Proof, if it were needed, that R*'s games are just too much for most consoles to handle. 

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

right. common sense

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

I forget what was GTA V about again?

• hooma likes this

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

My PS3 is a 40gb phat boy with a 60gb drive. Upgrading to a bigger drive soon and maybe a slim system next year after the price drop.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 03 December 2013 - 01:06 PM.

Me neither. I played it on xbox though, that can be it? I've heard that there are more glitches on the PS version

• Osho likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

right. common sense

I thought it was common sense until an update bricked my console. I fixed it, but it was not fun. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users