» «
Photo

Observing kids playing GTA Online

28 replies to this topic
L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by L0st-D4md, 04 December 2013 - 10:27 AM.

EDIT: Followup to this thread is >here<

[Warning: This post is of lengthy rants and observation notes on prepubescents playing GTA Online. If you do not like reading walls of text, or personal experiences for that matter...your best option would be leaving the thread alone]

This topic has been covered many times before as you can imagine. Unfortunately, the last ongoing thread for this subject has died, and I figured it would be poor etiquette to just bump it because "F*ck you, this is relevant"

Regardless, I feel its time I just get my opinions out there and start a little discussion.

Now, I'm not much of an online gamer, but I have been lenient and invested a few hours a week into GTA Online. I'm sure everyone who has played GTA:O for as little as 10 hours, or 24/7 since October 1st will have heard the voice of an obnoxious twelve year old kid at some point. It may be the goofy, high pitched voice of an innocent girl saying "Hello". Otherwise, it may be the classic COD stereotype of...

I F*CKED YOUR MOTHER, SUCK MY TWO INCH C*CK, LETS DO DIS N-WORD, FIGHT ME BRO

I think you get the idea by now....

Its a Godsend I don't use a headset mic. I'll just be shouting "SHUT THE F*CK UP" in a Vaas Montenegro voice every ten minutes to whatever Twelvie, unclear voice and music blasting idiot is unlucky enough to be in the same server.

...I don't think that would be very kind to my parents, younger siblings or even my girlfriend if she were here to share my pain.

Anyway, I was having my occasional GTA:O session when I heard an older guy, most likely early 20s yelling and fighting with a high pitched voice that was in no doubt a spoiled child. 

I did not know the full story as to why the older guy was mad, but I predict a 78% likehood the twelvie did something n00bish. I did hear the word "tank" in every sentence so I think that's your answer. The kid started crying in tears over the older's accusations, but the way the older was speaking, I could just tell the kid was the one at fault.

I personally think that b45t4rd bought all his GTA cash, used it on the classic tank and started killing everybody like a bad sport. However, since I only heard the voices, your guess of what happened up front would be as good as mine.

Now, just this morning, I was in a Last Man Standing Job through some casual matchmaking. As soon as I joined the lobby, there was a twelve year old kid shouting as loud as anything into the mic. Out of everything that kid said, literally the only word I could understand was the N-word (Yes, I mean it)

He spoke in a heavy African-American accent, in his classic high pitched voice. I believe he was singing rap songs when the game started.

I don't mean anything racist by this, but I'm wiling to bet $100 that this kid was whiter than me. Whiter than the snow most likely falling outside his American window. Although we've all done it at some point, it really bugs me when Whites and Asians pretend to be BLACK

Now, back to the N-word kid. Of everyone playing, we had a rank 7, some 3s and 4s. and ONE 55. When I saw this guy enter, I was thinking "I am so f*cked", but by pure luck and balance, the rank 55 was on our team. To ride my good luck streak, I put $2500 on my team for obvious reasons...but this is the plot twist. You ready,

THE RANK 55 WAS KILLED BY NONE OTHER THAN THE N-WORD KID

Sh*t happens, people die, reaction timing above all, but what I won't let slide was the kid's bad sportsmanship. So you killed a Rank 55, your team won and I lost a fortune at the bookie? Good for you, bro. There is no need to shout about it and pretend you're better than us.

Now, an hour later, the same story as the first one repeated itself. Twelve year old kid yelling about something he didn't do, with everyone else with a mic ganging up on him. Lets just keep in mind I DO NOT have a headset, BUT I was sick of him.

I sent a message to him hoping he takes me seriously as a respectable, (im)mature adult (see here)

About 10 seconds after I sent the message, I heard the kid calm down and say "I got a message from GTA" and read it out to us (Again, see here)

He went silent, sent me a reply

Great, its over.

But then he starts crying loudly like a four year old kid who saw his favorite toy get run over in the street.

I feel I have written enough for now, but I will bring more on this subject later on when I feel like it.

tl;dr What are your experiences of seeing kids play GTA Online

• the_warbsta, Thegyrbox2, high91 and 2 others like this

pokemon123
  • pokemon123

stuff

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

coming from a kid all i can just say is jeeze! People act tough but utterly fail. You think the kids would act more tough,

• L0st-D4md likes this

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

coming from a kid all i can just say is jeeze! People act tough but utterly fail. You think the kids would act more tough,

I was expecting to have to shut him up myself, but thankfully he was rather obedient

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by 2281, 03 December 2013 - 04:47 AM.

A group of children with tanks destroyed my vehicle and had me trapped inside Ammunation, so, I did the responsible thing and equipped myself with a rocket launcher. They weren't very impressed.

What happened next? Oh the usual, you know...

"Prick"

"fa**ot"

"I'm going to rape your mother."

• L0st-D4md, the_warbsta, SCOOBASTEEB and 2 others like this

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:11 AM

Yawn.. you kids nowadays.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

I have my chat set to "friends and crew", but it still lets random people say something for a couple seconds whenever you kill them or they kill you.  Also, if you participate in jobs (races, deathmatches, missions, survivals) you can hear the other people.  If it bothers you so much, you can choose to mute certain players.  I know I've muted a bunch of people for being little pricks like above, or when they listen to terrible music and their mic picks it up.

I just get annoyed when I get killed and the other person says something like "I got your ass you ni**er motherf*cker".  Or when they try to make excuses as to why I killed them.  "My controller lagged" or "I couldn't (auto) target you", yeah...ok.  I do have a mic, but I don't give them the satisfaction of a reply. 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

I've played with a few kids online that weren't too bad. Some are decent players and well behaved.

But those high pitch voices do hurt my ears, especially when they get excited and start screaming uncontrollably.
  • Thegyrbox2 likes this

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:00 AM Edited by L0st-D4md, 03 December 2013 - 10:02 AM.

I've played with a few kids online that weren't too bad. Some are decent players and well behaved.

But those high pitch voices do hurt my ears, especially when they get excited and start screaming uncontrollably.

I had a few missions with a girl who sounded 10-15

She seemed nice, was very quiet most of the time.

My girlfriend would pwn her if she played GTA:O (lel)

EDIT: Just shows not all twelvies are bad (Maybe 99% lit.)

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

I'm glad I don't have a headset. Every time I go into a lobby the game turns off all mics and I don't have to hear this horsesh*t. Too bad for you.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

I'm glad I don't have a headset. Every time I go into a lobby the game turns off all mics and I don't have to hear this horsesh*t. Too bad for you.

I do suggest picking up a headset. It comes in handy especially when playing with friends and crew. It's useful in meeting new buds online too. I have added more people I've met in GTAO to my friends list than nearly every other game combined since the launch of the console.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:32 AM Edited by woggleman, 03 December 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Hearing some of these kids makes me understand why some people think gamers are immature. I also can't stand when I end up in a mission with them and they run into the line of fire with guns blazing while I am trying to be strategic. One time I was sniping from enemies from a roof with a suppressor and one of them has to mess it up by going in their throwing sticky bombs and he also blew up the vehicle we had to steal in the process.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

A headset mic is not only used by kids but even adults scream and shout out of excitement or just having damn fun. It's totally wrong to just pick kids.

no one uses a mic other than what we need to do we are going to do, play a kickass GTA session.

If you find it too annoying just mute.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

A good majority of peoples online act like little spoiled kids.

Kids's voices are only more annoying.

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

Only ever used my headset for Resident Evil 5 ; Mercenaries.

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

people act like we were never kids. 

look back at your childhood. 

let kids be kids. xbox live is for all ages, races and genders. 

if you dont like it then go play single player ffs. 

personally, kids fighting online just adds to the entertainment. 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by WBaker, 03 December 2013 - 07:46 PM.

When I was a kid the internet largely was not available to the average person. And while there were multiplayer games as far back as the early 70s online those games didn't have voice chat.

This is all fairly new territory and anybody looking back to a similar childhood is pretty young themselves.

Plus this is not a kiddy game! I expect children to be online playing games like Skylander but this is GTA, a game for 18+. Now I think it's reasonable that based on maturity some slightly younger than 18 children are fine but 10 or 6 year olds? I can't help but think poorly of the parents.

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

if you dont like it then go play single player ffs. 

personally, kids fighting online just adds to the entertainment. 

XBox Live might be for all ages, Grand Theft Auto 5 isn't. As soon as kids start playing this game is when the bitching, moaning and lawsuits start flying about.
  • minushuman likes this

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

Wrote sequal to this thread here

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

why do people make threads like this? To make themselves feel better after getting their feelings hurt by kids in an ONLINE VIDEO GAME? 

It's like the OP is saying... "My feelings are hurt, so I'm gonna go tattletale on them and show the world how mean they were to me"

Stupid thread..... besides, nothing new here.

• L0st-D4md likes this

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

After hearing "niggah" for the 100th time, I just muted all voice chat except from crews. It's much quieter and makes the game more fun.

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

Herod the Great approved this post.

220px-HerodtheGreat2.jpg

...and me too.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

I enjoyed your post a lot. It was a fun read and I've certainly been there, done that. The sad part is that the majority of the people who read this post are probably guilty of the aforementioned childish mouth running and/or tough guy act. 

BTW, one thing that I've found to be exceedingly prevalent to the point of cliche is the "My Mom is dead" response to the Mommy quips. It has become a knee-jerk reaction for these rugrats. I love it because Momma is likely the one they had to beg to buy them the game, so I highly doubt she'd be appreciative of her falsified death. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

I rarely played Online with randoms. I do remember blowing up a dull sounding dork with a tank multiple times. They don't annoy me that much. In TBoGT it is real bad. I usually blew the mic users up or hit them, sent them nasty messages to hear them reply, etc.

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

You rarely get people on the mic on xbox live.

Unimatrix666
  • Unimatrix666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:41 PM Edited by Unimatrix666, 04 December 2013 - 08:52 PM.

After having dealt with kinds in online game sin the past  I have to ask why cant we have adult only servers for the online games we love? Also what is the point of ratings on games if every parent is just going to pick up the latest GTA game for their kid anyways?

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

This is the main reason I hate online games and it only get worse every year... more parents are letting kid WAY under the age limit play the game.  Look there are some kids who can behave themselves, but they are the exception mot the rule. My daughter has kid in her class who's nine year old brother plays GTA online... the game is his not his Dad or older sibling's. Stupid... but yeah, what can you do.

Unimatrix666
  • Unimatrix666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

This is the main reason I hate online games and it only get worse every year... more parents are letting kid WAY under the age limit play the game.  Look there are some kids who can behave themselves, but they are the exception mot the rule. My daughter has kid in her class who's nine year old brother plays GTA online... the game is his not his Dad or older sibling's. Stupid... but yeah, what can you do.

Maybe Sony or Rockstar can come up with a filter to detect squeky kid voices and kick them off the server

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Yuppers, I've seen (or rather, heard) my fair share of prepubescent, mongoloid, immature little children on GTA Online. And I'm on PS3.

minushuman
  • minushuman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

After having dealt with kinds in online game sin the past  I have to ask why cant we have adult only servers for the online games we love? Also what is the point of ratings on games if every parent is just going to pick up the latest GTA game for their kid anyways?

The rating is just there to cover the ass of the game publishers, nothing more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users