SouthLAnd an other cop shows

12 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

What are/were your favorite police tv shows I really enjoyed SouthLAnd (originally aired on NBC, but was moved after it's first season to TNT) another cop show I enjoyed was The Shield. I also enjoy Alaska State Troopers for a reality cop show... The shows are compleat polar opposites when it came to the feel of the show but are great! What are your favorite cop shows?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

I used to watch Third Watch, until it turned into some sentimental crap (the first seasons had quite a lot action). I don't know if it counts, but I really liked NCIS.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by Werebot85, 03 December 2013 - 05:27 PM.

I'm currently watching Hawaii Five-O.

I also enjoyed The Shield

And I almost never missed an episode of NYPD Blue when it was still on. I basically grew up watching it.

The only reality cop show I watch is COPS. Love it!

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

The Shield was great for the most part.

The Wire is up there if you can count it as a cop show. I've never seen any Southland, should I get into it? Is it sort of stretched out 'End of Watch'?

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

The Shield was great for the most part.

The Wire is up there if you can count it as a cop show. I've never seen any Southland, should I get into it? Is it sort of stretched out 'End of Watch'?

I would say yes get into SouthLAnd it is such a great show Ben Mckenzie played it so well. It only lasted 5 seasons (TNT decided not to pick it back up but they say it's not off the table soya be they will pick it up sometime soon) it's a little like end of watch

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

I've never seen any Southland, should I get into it? Is it sort of stretched out 'End of Watch'?

Pretty much, I agree with this guy ^ McKenzie was perfect for that role. Definitely recommend giving it a go, I found it unlike other shows that you have to watch a few episodes to get into, it should have you straight away. Although McKenzie is (especially in the first series) essentially the lead character, the episodes cover three divisions of the LAPD with two main characters in each.

You remember Rusty Galloway from LA Noire? Also plays a detective in Southland. That man has a cool voice.

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

The main cop shows i watch (or watched) are:

SouthLAnd. which was a great show, shame it had to end,

Rookie Blue, a Canadian Cop show about rookies, staring missy peregrym (from Reaper and Heroes)

Hawaii Five-0. Love that show, never saw the original, though i had the theme tune way before the reboot started lol

and Bones if you count that as a cop show

I don't really watch any other csi type shows, but have seen the odd episodes here and there on TV

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

I've never seen any Southland, should I get into it? Is it sort of stretched out 'End of Watch'?

Pretty much, I agree with this guy ^ McKenzie was perfect for that role. Definitely recommend giving it a go, I found it unlike other shows that you have to watch a few episodes to get into, it should have you straight away. Although McKenzie is (especially in the first series) essentially the lead character, the episodes cover three divisions of the LAPD with two main characters in each.

You remember Rusty Galloway from LA Noire? Also plays a detective in Southland. That man has a cool voice.

I had no idea thats freakin awesome

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

I love the Wire which is more like a cop/gangster/politics show. I could watch that whole series over and over again and ALWAYS find something new.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

Guess where my nick comes from :evilgrin:

Go John Cooper!

Moth
  • Moth

When life gives you lemons, nuke the planet.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Does NCIS count? I used to watch that a lot, but I just stopped. I missed a few episodes, then I just stopped watching it completely. Kinda the same deal with Hawaii 5-0, and the 3 CSI series.( Why the f*ck did they cancel New York and Miami yet still show Las Vegas? That show stopped being good the moment Grissom left)

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

Does NCIS count? I used to watch that a lot, but I just stopped. I missed a few episodes, then I just stopped watching it completely. Kinda the same deal with Hawaii 5-0, and the 3 CSI series.( Why the f*ck did they cancel New York and Miami yet still show Las Vegas? That show stopped being good the moment Grissom left)

Csi was good for a while I only saw a few episodes

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

I like to watch Hawaii 5-O because (living here) I can point out every location filmed there and it's interesting.

OFF T: Lol funny thing happened to us one time when we were training in the field up in East Range, our training got halted as we rucked in a remote area in the jungle when we came across a huge film crew out there. They were in the middle if filming Hawaii 5-O and I guess we freaked the whole crew out too when they saw a platoon of soldiers with weapons creepin up behind them :lol:.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users