Photo

Lower your brightness

34 replies to this topic
Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

Great info in here.. Will have a play with settings next time I'm on!

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

I actually can't believe more people aren't curious about TV calibration (as geeky as it sounds).

I was sure my TV could handle Full RGB (expanded on Xbox 360) and when I got my Xbox One, it has a very VERY good calibration system in the settings menu.

So I went through that whole process, finding out my TV doesn't do full RGB, and then once the settings were perfect (and they really really were now!) I simply copied the same settings for my 360 channel and BOOM! Perfect now.

I mean I already had brightness/contrast set very well, but knowing it was now perfect because of the images in the XB1 calibration makes such a difference.

From there it's just a case of sliding in-game settings around and never touching the TV settings again, knowing it's correctly set.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

First thing I do with any game is lower brightness and boost contrast
I use component so the deep-dark effect is already gere
Hdmi looks washed out on my tv

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

Already did it, but I have to say,if you are flying a fighter jet at night, TURN THE F*CKING BRIGHTNESS UP YOU WON'T SEE THOSE MOTHERF*CKIN TREES!!

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Yeah, and if possible, set your TV to Chroma 4:4:4 Mode (usually under "PC"), and pay attention to what Rockstar says "Full Range RGB", set both your console AND TV to that so it can display the full colour range without crushing blacks or dulling whites.

Important stuff if you want the game to look good. For me I think the game is beautiful, No oily effects or anything, it's just a matter of getting TV and game settings right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users