» «

How to export an Omni light? [Vice City]

2 replies to this topic
  • AB0333

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:17 PM Edited by AB0333, 03 December 2013 - 05:19 PM.

Hey all, I was wondering how to add light(s) to a map, so I went to MEd and did some research on original VC objects to figure out how it works.

I found out that the object needs to be time controlled, and I figured out how to do it. Now, I only need to learn how to export Omni light. I've tried it with Keen's batch export but it exports Omni light and the object separately, while Kam's DFF IO export says: "More than one hierarchy links were selected. Only one is allowed in DFF" And when Iink omni light to the object in schematic view, the game crashes.

Then how to do it?

I took the other way out, I applied vertex paint instead to get the light effect, and I'm pretty satisfied how it looks:

In spite of this, if someone knows how to export Omni light, replies are still welcome.

• xrk

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by xrk, 05 December 2013 - 07:28 PM.

If youre already doing the vertex colouring, have you looked at 2dfx (ie the lights on street lights for example)?

Probably the same sort of result you're after, if thats not what those omnis in the dffs were for in the first place? iirc I think someone posted years ago saying omnis are something no export script supported, might have been san andreas only though not sure?

I remember noticing what I assume were probably once omnis in the gta3 dffs (they imported as dummies in max) they looked like they were probably the lights they used to "prelight" due to the places they were positioned compared to the "prelighting", was esspecailly noticeable in the tunnel models...

Sorry long way round saying unsure lol, yea, try looking at 2dfx. I think in vc they are set in the ides or ipls, bound to be some info around somewhere :)

a couple links about 2dfx

• AB0333

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

So, it seems like 2dfx is an alternative for Omni. Yes, they're set in .IDEs, on the end of the file. Thanks a lot for the detailed reply, I appreciate it, man. Also ty for the links, that tut is very helpful, I'm going to play with that stuff. :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users