Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's your biggest regret in life, to date?

53 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Getting married.

Haha! I'm getting married towards the end of next year, but I'll have no regrets whatsoever...

And I have no regrets in my life

See how you feel after a year. 

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

I think underestimating how hard university would be.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

biggest Regret? 

not taking a photo with Vanilla ice  when i met him :(

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Lend me 10 and I'll buy you a drink.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

My only real regret is not getting my GCSEs, aside from that I'm pretty content.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by Audiophile, 03 December 2013 - 12:50 PM.

So many regrets....

Quitting piano when I was 7. I wish I hadn't been allowed to quit but as a child, it was what I wanted at the time.

Putting off my drivers license for so long.

Studying law at the sh*tty school I am at. It's not really what I want to do but I'm 3 years into my 4 year program and it's what everyone wants me to do/my best option. Just hoping for a decent office job once I'm done, don't want to practice law.

Not being more social in high school but moved schools a lot so I was f*cked to begin with.

Not putting much effort in high school. I legit always did assignments the night before and never studied until I got to university. Got sh*tty marks up until grade 11, would start off good and drop to 60's and 70's by the end of the semester for lack of effort. Got my ass in gear tho when it mattered in grade 12. Finished high school with high 70's and a few 80's but teachers always tried to motivate me with how I could be a 90 average student if I tried blah blah blah. Yeah....I wish I had tried....

Dunno. Have a lot of regrets, those are just a few. Some of the above aren't necessarily big regrets but if I didn't have them, would have made my life a lot easier/better.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

My biggest regret is ending up in jail.

• GTA36362355 likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

Another thing I really regret is having a ''scene'' haircut a few years ago. Dafuq was I thinking?  :rol:

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 03 December 2013 - 03:38 PM.

Going to college. I hate it beyond belief. Bureaucrats everywhere, stupidly hard work because they treat Computer Science like they do English class. Everyone here are lazy assholes, the teachers don't do anything beyond show up and talk for an hour every other day, and to top it all of, I'm paying a ton of money for it out of my own pocket. If I wouldn't have gone, I might be two dozen thousand dollars richer and much more experienced with programming since I can teach myself faster than these r-tards can teach. And, well, programming's one of those areas where there's so much demand that experience serves as an equal or better entry ticket than does a little paper saying you know how to program. Now I can't quit because I only need around 8 classes, too far in and too much money invested to quit.

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Not doing father/son things with my dad when I had the chance.. He died in 2005.
  • DeafMetal, Shah Sam and rudy like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

So many regrets....

Quitting piano when I was 7. I wish I hadn't been allowed to quit but as a child, it was what I wanted at the time.

Putting off my drivers license for so long.

Not being more social in high school but moved schools a lot so I was f*cked to begin with.

Not putting much effort in high school. I legit always did assignments the night before and never studied until I got to university. Got sh*tty marks up until grade 11, would start off good and drop to 60's and 70's by the end of the semester for lack of effort. Got my ass in gear tho when it mattered in grade 12. Finished high school with high 70's and a few 80's but teachers always tried to motivate me with how I could be a 90 average student if I tried blah blah blah. Yeah....I wish I had tried....

Holy sh*t, are you me? Exact same story here. I even quit piano when I was 7 too. I didn't even get my license until last January (when I was 19).

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

Not learning about Asexuality sooner. My God, you can't imagine how awful it was to have to pretend to be attracted to girls just because people thought I was gay for not showing an interest.

Finding out what I was and that I wasn't just broken was a very happy moment for me, I wish I had learned it sooner.

• Adler, Shah Sam and Trinette like this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

GTAF Football Team Captain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

I really regret making a habit of drinking everyday, or every other day. I feel dumber and just...gross. Of course, it's 3:00 in the afternoon, and I'm typing this with a 40 oz. in front of me, 'cause I'm a dumb-dumb.

I also regret picking up smoking again. I had quit for a solid ten months, but then I had one stressful week, and I was literally back to my two-to-three-pack-a-day-habit overnight. Thankfully, I'm down to about a pack-a-day now, but I still feel like sh*t all the time. Eh, oh well, at least I'm no longer staying up for days at a time on amphetamines, chain-smoking like a motherf*cker. I really felt like sh*t back then.

TL;DR

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

Not being a better boy friend to my first girlfriend.....I really f*cked that relationship up.....we met at cancer camp then when things started to go downhill for me I don't know somehow we lost touch with each other I keep wanting to reconnect with her but I feel like I was too much of an ass and she won't want to even see me.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:16 AM Edited by Emmi, 04 December 2013 - 07:55 AM.

edited

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

Living with roommates. I swear, those two bitches cannot contemplate their actions for sh*t. I HAVEN'T SLEPT PROPERLY FOR 2 MONTHS NOW, JUST BECAUSE THESE c*ntS CANNOT KEEP QUIET. I WILL f*ckING KILL THEM TODAY.

• Shah Sam likes this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

Living with roommates. I swear, those two bitches cannot contemplate their actions for sh*t. I HAVEN'T SLEPT PROPERLY FOR 2 MONTHS NOW, JUST BECAUSE THESE c*ntS CANNOT KEEP QUIET. I WILL f*ckING KILL THEM TODAY.

Sounds like you're about to have a brand new regret.
  • Finn 7 five 11 and Shah Sam like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

Getting married.

:D

on topic: I regret being lazy throughout college life, wasting time with no goal or ambition and eventually had to work hard a lot to earn a stable life and a secured job. Today, I am quite happy but all those years that got wasted makes me feel ashamed of wasting so much precious time :(

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Not being a better boy friend to my first girlfriend.....I really f*cked that relationship up.....we met at cancer camp then when things started to go downhill for me I don't know somehow we lost touch with each other I keep wanting to reconnect with her but I feel like I was too much of an ass and she won't want to even see me.

If you aren't trying, you're losing.
  • DeafMetal likes this

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Don't Mind Me...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

I also regret not paying attention in Algebra I, telling my dad I had a copy of GTA when my mother didn't want me to, waiting until I was robbed to lock my car at night, not making the friends I have now until around 8th grade, getting pulled into the fad scene, waiting until I was stranded to consider buying a cell phone, and binge eating over the summer instead of working out.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

I usually don't feel significant regret as long as I make sure not to repeat mistakes again. With that in mind, the only thing I feel regret for is being consistently unsociable. 

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

Having left a job since 2011 (I'm still waiting to rejoin again), to enter a mediocre work and leave shortly 6 months later, now I have two years without working...

trevor5
  • trevor5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

sitting in jail for 4 of 6 years sentence for trying to help a friend ifelt i need to help. surrounded by murders, rapists and others. liars evrywhere. well i was a "robber". you can't trust no one in there. i was living in switzerland back then. thank god it was not as bad as the us prisons or like turkish ones. you get used to it but after two or three years it gets so boring. i lost control man and was an angry mofo back then becuse all the regrets about making the wrong decisions like quitting school etc. there is another big regret in my life but thats enough for today.

so children what we learned today: never feel responsible to to something for your friend because you own him one or two favours. how stupid i was. damn.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

sitting in jail for 4 of 6 years sentence for trying to help a friend ifelt i need to help. surrounded by murders, rapists and others. liars evrywhere. well i was a "robber". you can't trust no one in there. i was living in switzerland back then. thank god it was not as bad as the us prisons or like turkish ones. you get used to it but after two or three years it gets so boring. i lost control man and was an angry mofo back then becuse all the regrets about making the wrong decisions like quitting school etc. there is another big regret in my life but thats enough for today.

so children what we learned today: never feel responsible to to something for your friend because you own him one or two favours. how stupid i was. damn.

I have been in your place years back.

If you wish to share your story feel free to go to this thread:

http://gtaforums.com...-in-jail/page-2

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Drugs. Giving to much time to girls I shouldn't have, only in the end to get thrown down and stepped on. Leaving highschool for a year. Not using my scholarship when I had the chance. Spending so much time in a relationship that I thought for once in my life was working, and now it's all falling down and dying right in my face and there's nothing I can do to stop it. And then more drugs. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users