Photo

[REL|SA] PS2 Graphics

93 replies to this topic
uncaged
  • uncaged

Insane PS2 Purist

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by uncaged, 04 November 2014 - 04:41 PM.

Hi there, author ! 
First of all I'd like to say that your mod is sooooooo awesome! This is the closest recreation af original PS2 atmosphere of SA.

BUT, UNFORTUNATELY I want to confirm that the issue, mentioned by "uncredited" is still here. It is almost unnoticable in the city or on the road, but when CJ in the forest or on the hills that god damn bug\glitch happens every second step.  This is an ancient problem and all previous mods similar to yours suffered from this. THAT IS NOT a GPU-related isuue ! Ryosuke (the ColorMod developer) gave a firm warning in the read me stating that when the color exceeds 255 the colors are inverted and its unfixable!I really don't know what it means but maybe YOU can handle  and fix this problem. Its really annoying and Im affraid this mod will never be perfect with this issue :(

Also your mod does not affect the intro scene, where we see the taxi from above.

Also this game really needs the shadows to be improved some how. Thay are just too "transparent".

And finaly maybe the most important thing is... TRAILS EFFECT ! I really love it. Its awesome. And it is still... PS2 "exclusive" :( It would be just PERFECT to port or somehow recreate this cool effect on PC (maybe with some kind of motion blur or something). Without TRAILS even with your awesome mod the game looks too "clean". 

You made a greate job with this mod, please do not drop it. It is not too far from perfection :)

P.S. Sorry for my english, I am ukrainian. But if you spek russian, for example, you can use it :)

TJGM
  • TJGM

Big Homie

• Modding Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:42 PM Edited by TJGM, 04 November 2014 - 04:42 PM.

It's not the closest recreation of the PS2, this is - http://gtaforums.com...-coders-needed/ (look through the thread for download links)

Trails wasn't in the PS2 version of San Andreas either, just another myth created by people who can't tell the difference.

• Silent, snoops26, SergeantSavidge and 2 others like this

uncaged
  • uncaged

Insane PS2 Purist

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by uncaged, 04 November 2014 - 07:41 PM.

O_o Its... strange. I have never played the PS2 version personally but on the videos I definitely see some kind of blur. Any way I'm sad to be mistaken :( But the PS2 graphics is SO much better aven than X360 Remaster.
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out :)

WOW TJGM I see some impressive stuff there ! But it looks like the work is in progress now. However I hoticed phrase "perfect PS2 experience now" few times O_o I'm kinda confused with required plugins.

UPD: Well, TJGM, I tried your suggestion and I like it much more because there are no colormod there. Looks like I just need Dexx' reflection mod, Silent's patch. the PS2 seabed.ipl, timecyc and appropriate lovely.asi. Looks like it works, but if I missed something PLEASE tell me about it. Thank you VERY much for your comment :)

Nights744
  • Nights744

jochuan - Never forget!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:47 PM

The.Noob! You should try to remake the graphics that are achieved in the *.asi mod by THE-HERO but without the blur. Your mod would get more attention then. A lot of people complained about the blur in THE-HERO's mod. So just try the remake the colors using your mod and then people who don't like ASI mods will use your mod! Just a suggestion, though.

THE-HERO's mod uses the exact PS2 color values. That's the nearest PS2 graphics you can get.

• mirh and snoops26 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users