Photo

Easy way to increase your skills?

25 replies to this topic
AdamZ
  • AdamZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm mainly looking on how to quickly increase the shooting, strength and stamina skills.

Is there an easily way to increase them all?

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:59 PM Edited by LeSuede, 02 December 2013 - 06:01 PM.

Shooting :

Go to an ammunation shop with a shooting range and do minigun challenges. After a couple of hours shooting at targets you will have maxed out.

Strength :

Do golfing solo 1 hole only repeatedly. Your strength will be maxed in about 1hour or so.

Stamina :

Go into the ocean, put an elastic on the joystick so you circle around and put something hard on the A/X button. Leave it for a few hours and you will have maxed out. Just come back to check in every 15-20 minutes so make sure the game doesn't shut down due to inactivity (it shouldn't happen since you are technically moving around, but it happened to me a couple of times while doing that).

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:59 PM Edited by mbhitman, 02 December 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Stamina: Go into a solo session, rubber band your controller so your character run in circles. Come back in 30 min. You will be at 100%

Strength: Play golf. One hole matches. Solo. Takes about 1 hour to reach 100%.

Shooting: try the shooting range or all activities that require shooting. Mine maxed out from normal play.

Edit: I've been ninja'd. But with correct answers.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Rise from your mothers basement...go outside...the air is fresh..but wear sunscreen...you're pale vampire skin may not react well to sunlight since you've been in a bunker for months.

• redfirebird87 likes this

AdamZ
  • AdamZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Rise from your mothers basement...go outside...the air is fresh..but wear sunscreen...you're pale vampire skin may not react well to sunlight since you've been in a bunker for months.

I've had the game since release and I've only played online for about 26 hours.

Shadow-sxs
  • Shadow-sxs

Bubbles

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

Most of the skills will increase slowly as you play, there is really no need to get full bar super fast.

Shooting - Shoot NPCs, for example play survival

Strength - Hit people, like bodybuilders on the beach

Stamina - Run away from tank griefers

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

I've had the game since release and I've only played online for about 26 hours.

Wow...I actually believe you...and I'm truly sorry for trolling you...:)

Do what the others have suggested...using the skill will increase it....for flying go to invite...find a plane or heli and just fly that bitch...I enjoy the hell out of that :D

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 02 December 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Go to single player -> Online -> Invite Only 

Go to the end of Del Perro Pier.

I don't think there's a better place for grinding Strength, Stamina, RP and small amounts of cash all at once. At the end of the pier just keep picking fights with people - don't attack them from behind or more often than not you'll kill them instantly (aside from women/wimps, they're almost always one-hit anyway). About 25%-33% of the people here will fight back ; the construction workers, buff looking guys without their shirts, black dudes. Usually guys who look like they'll fight, will. Usually locking on is enough for someone to become aggressive. What makes the end of the pier ideal is the police - it takes them forever to reach you. You want to put on a mask when you start your assault and keep beating people up until you're at two stars and the cops are past the roller-coaster. Once they've reached that point run down the steps at the end of the pier, stop beating people and wait until the stars are flashing, then take off the mask to deduct a star and wait until you're in the clear. Just keep doing this for however long you want and you'll be leveling up your stamina from running around (remember to tap X), strength from beating people up, $15-$40 from drops, and RP from every police escape (which are pretty much handed to you). 

DO NOT USE FIREARMS OR ENGAGE THE POLICE AT ANY POINT. Getting 3 stars or more at any time will ruin the whole thing and just waste time. 

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

As creative as this way is in increasing strength skill in FM, I'd rather have working gym equipment in SA style. :/

What's the point of adding a muscle beach with all that gym equipment around the beach when you can't use any of it? :angry:

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:18 PM Edited by DisposableUnit, 02 December 2013 - 08:23 PM.

Here are more tips:
Shooting: Use the shooting gallery to increase skill / play survival missions (opens when you reach lvl 15).
Strength: Find a bus, get on top and start kicking the roof (don't worry you won't fall off when it's driving).
Stamina: Get a bicycle and just start riding around the map like crazy. Do bicycle races also.

EDIT: The bus thing has been patched after 1.06

Mike Honcho
  • Mike Honcho

Packin' Dips

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

If you don't care about buying ammo, the best way to level shooting is to get to a rooftop that has good cover and unload on police helicopters. You can get a full bar in about 3 or 4 minutes doing this if you don't die. Faster than the shooting range.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 02 December 2013 - 07:47 PM.

Here are more tips:
Strength: Find a bus, get on top and start kicking the roof (don't worry you won't fall off when it's driving).

Are you 100% sure that works? I've heard conflicting arguments about hitting people through vehicles

Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Most of the skills will increase slowly as you play, there is really no need to get full bar super fast.

Shooting - Shoot NPCs, for example play survival

Strength - Hit people, like bodybuilders on the beach

Stamina - Run away from tank griefers

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day". Sorry man :(

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

Here's some advice, for the strength stat especially. Start a Gerald mission and head down to the Del Perrio(sp?) pier and beat down the Pedestrians, usually wanted levels are turned off for these missions so you may crack as many heads as you like without the bother of police trying to crack yours :p. For shooting I actually found the best way to do this was survivals, but that's my opinion, the minigun idea works just as good. Stamina? Grab a BMX from your local hood and just ride around on it for a while, seems to level up stamina faster than running does. Stealth? I know you didn't ask for this but it's easy, just push the left analogue stick in to enter stealth mode and walk around like that for a while, go into your garage and set the elastic bands on your controller to auto-move for you, won't take long until you reach 100. That's all the ideas I have.

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Here are more tips:

Are you 100% sure that works? I've heard conflicting arguments about hitting people through vehicles. 

I've read so many posts that it's a sure way to get your strenght up, I was convinced myself it was a sure thing...but I haven't checked it out myself.
I've also seen poeple talking about getting onto flatbeds and the trucks with the wooden sideboards and start kicking.
Now I'm having doubts and will have to check it out to make sure. Thanks.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 02 December 2013 - 07:59 PM.

I think I remember seeing a thread about it that was a few pages long. 

The main reasons I recommend the Del Perro Pier (and still do) is because its beneficial in multiple areas, the lack of police presence and (in my opinion) its not nearly as boring or strenuous as most of the grinding methods mentioned in the thread. 

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Here are more tips:

Are you 100% sure that works? I've heard conflicting arguments about hitting people through vehicles. 

I've read so many posts that it's a sure way to get your strenght up, I was convinced myself it was a sure thing...but I haven't checked it out myself.
I've also seen poeple talking about getting onto flatbeds and the trucks with the wooden sideboards and start kicking.
Now I'm having doubts and will have to check it out to make sure. Thanks.

Nope, this was patched with 1.06. The only way to gain strength is to beat on people or play sports. I've tried this and it doesn't work, my friends have tried this also to no avail, presuming I am a spastic who can't perform a simple task.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 02 December 2013 - 08:36 PM.

A lot of the time civilians will run away if you just attack them, so another simple tip to get civilians to fight is to just stand in front of them and flip them off, and for those who don't know a quick way to do that is L3 and R3 together when its your set action. Action = our character's "Special" in multiplayer. Remember - a fist fight is much more desirable than just killing someone right away. 

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Nope, this was patched with 1.06. The only way to gain strength is to beat on people or play sports. I've tried this and it doesn't work, my friends have tried this also to no avail, presuming I am a spastic who can't perform a simple task.

Ah ok, it was patched. Thanks for clearing that up.

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think I remember seeing a thread about it that was a few pages long. 

The main reasons I recommend the Del Perro Pier (and still do) is because its beneficial in multiple areas, the lack of police presence and (in my opinion) its not nearly as boring or strenuous as most of the grinding methods mentioned in the thread. 

Also the Del Perro sounds like more fun than standing on a bus kicking like a maniac :)
I will definitely go for that to get my strength up, cheers!

• SecludedMemory likes this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 02 December 2013 - 10:01 PM.

Just half a bar left to go and I'm full. I was at about 1.80/5.00 strength when I started doing the Del Perro thing. I've spent about 2 hours total doing it, but some of that time was spent going back to my home, doing the gang attack under the pier twice, getting some snacks at the stores (then robbing them), attacking an armored truck that spawned right next to the pier (when you're alone ATs almost always spawn right by you), and looking for and selling a particular SUV (Gallivanter Baller, worth $9k mint condition). When doing it in an invite-only session its a great way to both grind your stats while leveling up, and you can also snatch up any random event that pops up while doing it.

Reedseed12345
  • Reedseed12345

resovior mugs

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

Stamina: rubberband your controller

Strength:join a fight club I got 100 strength in a day

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 03 December 2013 - 02:20 AM.

Stamina: rubberband your controller

Strength:join a fight club I got 100 strength in a day

Rubberband is a great way for stealth (maybe lame, but I'm guilty of using it to fill up 2 bars, make sure your character is sneaking first) but it will not work at all for stamina. Walking around in circles won't raise it one bit, you have to run (or bike/swim) to increase stamina, particularly sprinting/biking/swimming fast. Just playing the game naturally is more than enough to do it, and if I remember correctly stamina was the first stat (maybe driving) that filled up first for me, and rather early on. Its one of the stats that doesn't require any kind of grinding methods to fill up relatively fast naturally.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:30 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 04 December 2013 - 04:32 AM.

Survival was my favorite for when I was leveling up shooting, not only because of the relatively fast speed of leveling it up, but it was also an excellent way of honing my free aim skills when I made the transition to multi-player, and the payouts and RP rewards are both excellent as well. Get paid and level up to grind your shooting and stamina with Survival. 

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

Christ sake, barring strength and lung capacity, all stats will naturally increase as you play the game. What's the point in having 100% shooting if you don't shoot, what's the point in having 100% stamina if you never bloody run...what's the point in buying a driving game if you can't be arsed to drive...what is with you whimpy kids today ? You either wanna play a game or you buy it for the box. I've never rubberbanded in my life but, only 10 years ago it was used for grinding races on GT etc....now you just use it to do the things that happen by simply just playing the game. Rubber band to build up stamina ??? Christ on a f*cking bike....how insane is that !

Why do you punish yourselves like this....it's like paying for a prostitute and then giving her a dildo while you go to sleep !!!

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:29 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 04 December 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Christ sake, barring strength and lung capacity, all stats will naturally increase as you play the game. What's the point in blah blah blah etc. etc. 

Aside from the first several posts, pretty much the rest of the thread was about strength. And strength absolutely increases naturally,  With the amount of ruthless players who live by the "shoot first, ask later" policy you have no right to whine about lower level people who want to level up their skills when they jump into the lion's den that is GTA Online. Every bit helps. 

And no one complained about (or even mentioned) driving.

Now take a few deep breaths.    

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users