Photo

No love for the Comet?

49 replies to this topic
ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:02 AM

Yea seriously, there isn't one car thats hard to drive in this game. If anything, I like the comet and futo because they're harder to drive.

This is also coming from some who only plays two types of games. GTA style games, and racing sims.

I actually loved iv's handling, but after getting used to V, I do admit it's better.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

I used to love the Comet in GTA4, sadly like all vehicles in GTA5 the handling feels way off. 

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

For me, that damn spoiler ruins everything.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:05 PM Edited by darkdayz, 03 December 2013 - 12:05 PM.

I used to love it in previous games. Haven't even drove one in GTA V, its weird. That ridiculously large spoiler is a put off. If I could remove it and resemble the GTA IV model, I would have one.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

I guess it must be nostalgia that makes me love this car.

I spent many a night leaving people for dust in races on GTA 4.

I loved leaving Comet drivers online in the dust while i was driving an NRG 900.

Damn GTA V's bike handling sucks.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

I loved leaving Comet drivers online in the dust while i was driving an NRG 900.

Mixed category races? You must have been racing in Free Mode then. I'm suprised you actually got people for it.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:06 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 03 December 2013 - 05:07 PM.

Mixed category races? You must have been racing in Free Mode then. I'm suprised you actually got people for it.

I had a good gta iv hacker friend, he wouldn't troll just share cars with people and with a ton of other friends i used to play with. We use to hold races 'route acording to the checkpoints' just without checkpoints and nobody cheated. And yeah mixed category, everybody used whatever he/she liked.

Needles to say the entire team fell appart about a year ago.

Also used to hold Demo derbies ect. 'No weapon use just crash the hell out of cars' Great fun.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

I love it. Bought then non-horrendous spoiler. Need more garage space.

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

i would use the comet but i'm not trying to cultivate the golf playing dentist image. infernus all day

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Are people really saying the Comet is ''not as easy to drive'' ? Hum, is there really a car that's not easy to drive in GTA V, except maybe the Dominator because that beast drifts for turning a corner at 15 mph but still, GTA V = Easy driving for all cars.

Nobody said that. There were a few posts, including my own that don't care for how it drives now. It's not because it's a hard car to drive, it just doesn't feel like a comet anymore.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

Are people really saying the Comet is ''not as easy to drive'' ? Hum, is there really a car that's not easy to drive in GTA V, except maybe the Dominator because that beast drifts for turning a corner at 15 mph but still, GTA V = Easy driving for all cars.

Nobody said that. There were a few posts, including my own that don't care for how it drives now. It's not because it's a hard car to drive, it just doesn't feel like a comet anymore.

lol... is there really a car that drives like its predecessor in V ? Even the sh*ttiest of sedans oversteer more than all of GTA IV's sports cars, AND have better acceleration. I should stop doing this, the more I speak about it, the more I start to despise V's driving.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by StingrayX, 04 December 2013 - 01:08 AM.

As with all of the cars that look good in V, the Comet included, I just could not grow attatched to them at all. Every game I've had, except for *TDU 2*, any NFS after ProStreet, or MC:LA, I found myself easily attatching to the cars. In the III era GTA's, it is complicated but I was more accepting since they were arcade and poorly textured. In V I just cannot grow attatched to any car for more than 10 minutes. The handling throws me off the most, it ruins some of the most perfect looking cars for me.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Looks nice but handles like an untamed tasmanian devil.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

As with all of the cars that look good in V, the Comet included, I just could not grow attatched to them at all. Every game I've had, except for TDU, any NFS after ProStreet, or MC:LA, I found myself easily attatching to the cars. In the III era GTA's, it is complicated but I was more accepting since they were arcade and poorly textured. In V I just cannot grow attatched to any car for more than 10 minutes. The handling throws me off the most, it ruins some of the most perfect looking cars for me.

Test Drive Unlimited hard to attach to cars? Even the classic ones?

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

As with all of the cars that look good in V, the Comet included, I just could not grow attatched to them at all. Every game I've had, except for TDU, any NFS after ProStreet, or MC:LA, I found myself easily attatching to the cars. In the III era GTA's, it is complicated but I was more accepting since they were arcade and poorly textured. In V I just cannot grow attatched to any car for more than 10 minutes. The handling throws me off the most, it ruins some of the most perfect looking cars for me.

Test Drive Unlimited hard to attach to cars? Even the classic ones?

Oh error! :blush: I meant *TDU 2*. I loved loved loved TDU 1, it was f*cking awesome how many classics you had in the game -- a nice touch was the fact that sometimes the classics were out of stock and could be very expensive. I loved the fact that the handling could be adjusted on Xbox 360 too. If the graphics were ever updated in the game, it'd be perfect. TDU 2 just didn't satisfy me though. It felt weird... the car selection sucked, and that story was god awful.

tapz63
  • tapz63

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

The car is sh*t because it is rear engined. While porsche have optimized it incredibly well over the years, in handling it can't stay with a mid-engined car.

You're bullshítting me, no? Your post is invalid. Porsche's are very, very good driver's cars and they are excellent on the corners. Your rear-engined "argument" as to why you think the Comet handles like crap is borderline retarded. Lately Porsche's have won best driver's car competitions and that is saying something. And they can with a mid-engined car, are you serious? The Comet, in my opinion, was poorly executed when it comes to handling in both IV and V in comparison to any real Porsche 997 911. So get your facts right! ;)

Actually rear engined rear wheel drive cars are inherently going to oversteer due to the design. As I I said porsche have done a good job optimising it, but it is a flawed concept.
http://en.m.wikipedi...r-engine_design

Awesome9822
  • Awesome9822

The Outernet is Scary...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

Im someone who likes all kinds of cars, and tho I really do like my classics and muscle cars more, I tend to play in charactor a little :p and hey a bright yellow porsche seems like something a middle aged depressed rich guy would buy :p

Went on a little pork road trip to the top of the map... I do that every once in a while. I Just.. missed the sunset that would ahve made the last pic 100 times better...

u3to.png

fot7.png

l2px.png

da7t.png

dsql.png

I like the way the car handles too, it dosent stick to everything and lets you slide it around if you want, but seems also good if you try keep it on the road too.. just, yeah, fun

I LOVE your car, i just bought mine today and im loving it. :D

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

The comet is indeed a great buy. Not many people play it in races. Same with the infernus. 95% of the time im the only one with a comet or infernus in a race.

Xaynt
  • Xaynt

Hell awaits.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

I like the Comet.  One of the sweetest cars on the road.  I killed my shrink for that car.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

Nope. Cuz the Porsche killed Paul Walker so f*ck tha Comet.

Lol just kidding. It's a tight car , just wished it had more bodykit mods tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users