Photo

No love for the Comet?

49 replies to this topic
Skillz_That_Killz
  • Skillz_That_Killz

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

I used to destroy everyone in races with this car in GTA 4. Now despite being nerfed a bit it's still a very fast car.

It's a light car so turning corners at speed can be a challenge. Not for novices!

I f******* love this car and for 100K you can't go wrong, but I don't see anyone else ever use it?

Comet-GTAV-Front.jpg

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

I mainly don't use the Comet because of the horrendous spoiler that we can't remove.

• Gray Wolf and Always_A_Medic like this

Skillz_That_Killz
  • Skillz_That_Killz

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

I guess it must be nostalgia that makes me love this car.

I spent many a night leaving people for dust in races on GTA 4.

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

Sure! It's not the easiest car to handle, that's why I like it. R* swapped the drive train from AWD to RWD, which is a little weird. Anyway here's mine with a ''RS'' look. Crappy pictures but they'll do.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• Osho likes this

Skillz_That_Killz
  • Skillz_That_Killz

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

Sure! It's not the easiest car to handle, that's why I like it. R* swapped the drive train from AWD to RWD, which is a little weird. Anyway here's mine with a ''RS'' look. Crappy pictures but they'll do.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

fc3dae3c813df05c0feda1031430337f60a0ba61

• I SHADOWFOX I and Ewok626 like this

tapz63
  • tapz63

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

The car is sh*t because it is rear engined. While porsche have optimized it incredibly well over the years, in handling it can't stay with a mid-engined car.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

I used to destroy Comet drivers with my Super GT and Turismo, and even sometimes with a SabreGT on TLAD. If I had GTA V right now, I would drive the Comet and teach those Adder noobs a lesson.

• nobum62 likes this

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

I guess that's cause the adders put the comets outta business .....

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

adders and comets aren't the same class.  I had a comet, ended up replacing it with a felon.  Much better car IMO even though not the same class.  

Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

I did buy a Comet, though just couldn't get on with it. I'm running with the Feltzer, Coquette and Carbonizzare. I've also tried the Banshee and 9F, 9F is damn quick, but tough on the corners. The Banshee is just too damn sluggish.

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

A very underrated car.. I have one and love it!

PoopyCock
  • PoopyCock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Yee buddy! Love the comet, it is indeed my main vehicle, also was my fav in the previous gta.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

It's the 'stock' wing that puts me off, but it does have good acceleration. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:36 PM Edited by StingrayX, 02 December 2013 - 07:50 PM.

I mainly don't use the Comet because of the horrendous spoiler that we can't remove.

Am I the only one who likes the spoiler. To me it helps the Comet look like a 997 GT2, especially if you add those 997 based five-spoke penetrated rims from the customs shop. I'd love the ability to remove it, but I do like it still. I wish there were GT2 RS rims, yellow calipers, and a carbon fiber hood available for this car though. :( With the roll cage you could recreate a perfect mock GT2 RS.

As for the Comet in V, I liked it but I am iffy on the handling. Personally, I just don't like the ways cars in V and the Comet feels like a Futo with GT2 RS speeds. I liked it better in IV, though for some reason it handled the worst out of the sports car batch in IV.
  • Blazzin001 and Awesome9822 like this

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Im someone who likes all kinds of cars, and tho I really do like my classics and muscle cars more, I tend to play in charactor a little :p and hey a bright yellow porsche seems like something a middle aged depressed rich guy would buy :p

Went on a little pork road trip to the top of the map... I do that every once in a while. I Just.. missed the sunset that would ahve made the last pic 100 times better...

u3to.png

fot7.png

l2px.png

da7t.png

dsql.png

I like the way the car handles too, it dosent stick to everything and lets you slide it around if you want, but seems also good if you try keep it on the road too.. just, yeah, fun

• WWWWVWWVWWWVVWWW likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by StingrayX, 02 December 2013 - 07:57 PM.

The car is sh*t because it is rear engined. While porsche have optimized it incredibly well over the years, in handling it can't stay with a mid-engined car.

You're bullshítting me, no? Your post is invalid. Porsche's are very, very good driver's cars and they are excellent on the corners. Your rear-engined "argument" as to why you think the Comet handles like crap is borderline retarded. Lately Porsche's have won best driver's car competitions and that is saying something. And they can with a mid-engined car, are you serious? The Comet, in my opinion, was poorly executed when it comes to handling in both IV and V in comparison to any real Porsche 997 911. So get your facts right! ;)
  • Moozze, Bonnano and Blazzin001 like this

_apache
  • _apache

The Perfect Shot

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

I love the Comet. I take mine to a pond just above my apartment and drift it around in the water. Good laugh.

0_0.jpg

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

the comet was my favorite car in gta4, but in gta5 it seems like they toned it down some. i still like it. but it wouldnt be the first car i  take to LSC

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

I used the Comet...once

1tAr2Ra.jpg

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

I like it but there are too many other cars I like better in my garage. It was one of my faves in IV though. I had one parked outside of my place in Bohan which seems like a strange place to leave an expensive sports car.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

I like the Comet in this game, but not enough to keep it in my garage, so it's sitting in my impound and modded...

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

The Comet was one of my favorite cars in the gta3s and IV but it just doesn't drive the same in V.
  • WWWWVWWVWWWVVWWW likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

some guy who just got into the santa hat fad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:32 AM Edited by nobum62, 03 December 2013 - 03:34 AM.

Im someone who likes all kinds of cars, and tho I really do like my classics and muscle cars more, I tend to play in charactor a little :p and hey a bright yellow porsche seems like something a middle aged depressed rich guy would buy :p

Went on a little pork road trip to the top of the map... I do that every once in a while. I Just.. missed the sunset that would ahve made the last pic 100 times better...

u3to.png

fot7.png

l2px.png

da7t.png

dsql.png

I like the way the car handles too, it dosent stick to everything and lets you slide it around if you want, but seems also good if you try keep it on the road too.. just, yeah, fun

nice yellow car. be careful that niko don't steal it and go on a joyride screaming "YELLOW CAR!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH"

back on topic, the reason people don't use the comet is because it's no longer a supercar, and everyone prefers to drive supercars.

i'm the type of guy who has a car for each class. for supercars i have a vacca, for sports car i have fusilade, for muscle cars i have a gauntlet, for coupes i have an oracle. 

for sports bikes i have a bati 800 and for choppers i have a daemon.

i usually don't buy cars online, i'll just stick to my stolen fusilade

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

Comet was my goto car for races in IV but re handling it was one of the biggest losers with the transition to V.

BienQueLEnfer
  • BienQueLEnfer

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

Comet was my 1st car i bought, still have it & still drive it. I dont feel like posting a pic but it has wheel arch extension, quad exhaust, medium tinted window, yellow paint, black rims with a yellow lip, turbo, bulletproof wheels, 100% armor. Everything else is stock

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:14 AM

It's a fun car to drive and very tail happy!

Not as simple to drive like the other cars and must have good control with the brake and throttle.

k9wu.jpg

• /Tuomaz likes this

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

Was my goto car in GTA IV, but honestly. Drive a car I've been driving for the last 5 years or try the new ones out lol...

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

the comet is ugly as f*ck...even since gta iv I thought it was ugly ass hell....I with they would bring the sexy ass super gt back, and the classic version of the feltzer.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

Comet > Supet GT + Old Feltzer.

f*ck yo couch.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

Are people really saying the Comet is ''not as easy to drive'' ? Hum, is there really a car that's not easy to drive in GTA V, except maybe the Dominator because that beast drifts for turning a corner at 15 mph but still, GTA V = Easy driving for all cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users